Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Impressions ❯ Larxene ---Struck By Chance ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
IMPRESSIONS

*****Struck By Chance******

~_~_~_~_~

The sting of her hand hasn't left me since she departed for Castle Oblivion. I didn't mean to make her so mad. I had been out on a mission and it took longer than I thought. Before returning I decided to stop for a drink. In the back of my mind I knew to leave that place but I was hypnotized by the sweet taste of the drink a lady had bought me. It was stranger than what I would usually get. She lured me away and I awoke the next morning alone in a motel bed. All the munny I had been carrying was gone. The slight sting of the hangover kept me on edge enough to forget a previous promise.

Like nothing was wrong, I went to see her.

The second she spotted me I'm pounded by her fist. "Where were you last night Luxord!? Off with a whore no doubt!"

I reach out and take ahold of her gloved hand. "Larxene I'm sorry and you know it."

Larxene yanks her hand away by pulling it out of the glove so she can slap me. "I'm leaving...maybe I won't ever see you again when I get back!" she hisses at me. Gleaming greens burn holes into me before she portals away.

I had forgotten that she was assigned to Castle Oblivion and that we were to spend the night before together.

Running my fingers through my short blond hair I sigh.

I'm such a fool. Lady Luck sure threw me a good one and I ignored it completely.

Axel had returned and announced that he was the soul survivor.

He got lucky...or he knew exactly what he was doing.


The red head steps into my path as I make my way up the stairs. "Hey...Larx wanted me to give you something...real sorry." He drops a small box in my palm and races off.

No one knew about us. I was her toy and she was mine. We were each other's escape. I just never told her how much I actually cared.

I unlatch it and open the plastic top. Inside rests a silver earring in the shape of our Nobody emblem. I portal to my room where I slip the earring on my ear and lift out the note that was also inside. For a woman, her script is atrocious.

-I should have let you know how I felt because now I'll never see you again. I know Sora will kill me...he almost did the first time. I gambled to long with your love. I had meant to give you the gift before I left but...anyway it's so that you'll remember me even though no one knows of our relationship- Larxy-Your Nymph

I gently tuck the note back inside and slip the box into my coat pocket.

She'll never know how much I did indeed care and worry for her.

~_~_~_~_~

Idling on the edge of the cliff, I gaze out over the calm moonlit water. It's the opposite of Larxene completely but that had been what kept me on my toes when near her.

I rake my hand through my hair and swivel around.

Better make sure my gamblers are ready for Sora.

The dully colored creature sway to an unheard beat as I leave it. Peeking around the corner I feel my eyebrow rise.

Instead of rushing to recapture the stolen gold medallions...the brunet reaches out to touch a black and purple orb that sparks with white current.

I'll have to ask Xemnas about this.

~_~_~_~_~

Hiding in my assigned room, I wait for my prey to walk right into the trap.

When I had questioned Xemnas about what had happened in Port Royal he shrugged it off and explained it as a diversion so that I could be sure the Nobodys were actually ready and set on defense. I bought it like a kid about to receive a cookie before dinner.

I didn't want to believe that it was Larxene that was drawing Sora back there...better yet...drawing me.

The group of heroes charge in and immediately I cut the young Keyblade master away from his companions.

As I begin the game that will end one of our lives my mind reels and for once in my life I just can't seem to stay focused on harming this boy as intensely as I'm meant to. Nevertheless I'm struck down...

It probably wouldn't have mattered. If he didn't defeat me then one of the others surly would.

The brunet kneels down but does not approach my flaking body. "You'll both be together again...promise."