Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Sora1/2 ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's note: Kingdom Hearts and Ranma1/2 is the property of their respected copyright holders which does not include me. This is for fun and cheap laughs at Sora's expense not profit. Special thanks to Photosoph for coming up with the title.



Sora ½

By

Phoenix Hoshika



With the Organization gone and Maleficent in hiding (for the time being), there was nothing for our heroes to do except loiter in the streets of Traverse Town.

“What are you doing, Sora?” Donald asked the brown, spikey-haired teenager who was skulking around.

“I'm pretty certain we missed some. I just know it!” Sora answered, not bothering to look at the talking duck.

“What's he talking about?” Donald whispered to Goofy.

“Probably those trinity things from the first game,” Goofy whispered back.

“Oh, but we found all of them.” Donald said then turned to inform the treasure hunting teen when Goofy pulled him back covering his beak.

“Shh, don't tell him that. It's more fun just to watch him.”

Donald looked at the boy who was diligently, almost violently searching the ground, then laughed his ducky laugh. “Yeah it is.”

“If it goes on for too long we'll tell him. Let's just see if he figures it out before then.” Goofy said, chuckling, and the two laughed quietly. Looking up from their poorly contained gut-busting giggles at Sora's expense the two noticed the boy had disappeared from their view.

“Where'd he go?” Donald wondered.

“I don't know, but we better find him. He looks awfully suspicious walking around like that.” Goofy said and the two begin searching for their companion.

While they were searching every street and avenue, Sora was busy carefully looking over the walls and ground of the town's back alleys.

“Sora.” A sharp voice caught his attention. “You're still looking for those trinity signs?” Riku put his hand on his hip, about to laugh at his long-time friend himself.

“Yeah, what's it to you?” Sora asked, already on the defense.

“Give it up. You're wasting your time. Kairi is looking for you anyway. If you take too long I'm going to take her right from under your nose.”

“What?! Hold on a second, Kairi's my girlfriend!” Sora shouted, not believing his ears.

“She'll be my girlfriend if you keep messing around down here.” Riku replied, walking away.

“Wait!” Sora yelled chasing after him, but caught his foot on a box of discarded junk and fell.

Looking over his shoulder, Riku chuckled. “Seeya.” He called back waving.

“Riku!” Sora shouted, scrambling to his feet only to fall on his face again.

“Bye-bye.” Riku continued to tease. It was too easy to rile him up. The truth was he wanted him to come home too. He didn't mind keeping Kairi company, but it was boring without Sora around to at least make fun of from time to time.

Getting up, Sora shook off the dizziness and pain from hitting the stone surface one too many times. He started to run again, but it felt like something was pulling on his clothes. Was his jacket snagged on something? Turning around, Sora let out a scream. Before him was a large, vacuum-like hole, an eerie white light illuminating from it. Everything besides Sora stayed in place, but the vacuum pulled and tugged at him relentlessly.

Startled by the scream, Riku did an about-face and ran back to the alley.

“Riku?” Goofy uttered, seeing the gray-haired teen run past him.

“Sora's in trouble, come quick.” He ordered, not bothering to slow down. “Sora!” He yelled, caught off guard when he saw the strange phenomenon.

“Riku,” Sora called, fighting against the vacuum threatening to suck him into its eerily bright hole.

“Hang on I'm coming!” Riku said, dashing forward. The boys reached out to each other, but it was too late. Sora's feet lifted off the ground and the hole took him in.

“No!” Riku yelled, and dove in after him.

“Sora!” Donald's raspy voice called.

“Riku!” Goofy shouted, unable to believe his eyes. The two ran after them, but by the time they reached the spot where the boys had disappeared the vacuum was gone.

“Oh no,” Donald cried.



On the other side of the strange phenomena Riku fell from the sky landing on his backside. “Ow!” He growled his face squinted up in pain.

“This is the first time ever I've seen a person fall from the sky. Very ill omen indeed.” A man in a green, forest-ranger uniform commented. He stood calmly in front of the doorpost of a small shack, which served as an outpost. Despite being somewhat disturbed by what just happened he continued to smoke the small, wooden pipe at his lips with a false air of content.

“Where am I,” Riku asked as he stood up and dusted himself off.

“This here is Jusenkyo home of the cursed springs. If you fell a little further away you would have been in serious trouble,” the man said, then laughed.

“Sora.” Riku uttered, then ran off having tuned out everything after 'Jusenkyo'.

“Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?” The man wondered noticing that the young man was gone. Shrugging he continued on with his lunch break.

A little ways away, Sora had just crawled out of one of the many springs which occupied the area. He was panting heavily as the water dripped off his soaked body.

“This has to be a record for almost drowning.” Sora thought, shaking the water from his hair. “Huh?” he uttered, noticing that his brown spikes were resting on his shoulders. “Guess it's time to get a hair cut,” he thought as he reached down to wring out his shirt he suddenly noticed that something else about his body was different. “When, when did I get these?!” he gasped in shock. He quickly brought his hands down to another part of his body and his head begin to swim. “No way,” He thought falling to his knees.

“Sora! Sora!” Riku called as he ran over to figure seated on the ground, carefully but swiftly maneuvering along the thin paths between the cursed springs. “Sora, are you okay?” Riku asked grabbing the person he was sure was his best friend.

“Oh, I'm sorry I thought you were someone else.” He quickly apologized looking the girl in the eyes.

“…Do I know you?” He asked, unable to shake off the familiar feeling he got from her.

“What do I do? What do I do? I can't tell him who I am he'll never let me live it down!” Sora thought, panicking for a moment. “No.” Sora answered, feeling as if he'd dodged a bullet.

“Are you okay? What's your name?” Riku asked.

“Sora.” The keyblade master answered without thinking. “I've done it now.” Sora thought sure a laughing fit would follow.

“That's funny, you have the same name as my friend…. Same fashion sense too.” Riku added after looking the girl up and down.

“You don't say.” Sora grinned nervously.

“There's a ranger station up the mountain. I'll take you there, but you're on your own after that. I need to find my friend.” Riku said helping her to her feet.

“That's fine I can take care of myself.” Sora answered.

“Good I wouldn't' want to feel guilty for leaving you behind.” Riku said walking ahead of her.

“Jerk,” Sora thought following him. “Do you have any idea where your friend is?” Sora asked with false curiosity.

“He's somewhere around here.” Riku answered. “I don't know how but I know he's close by, that's why I have to hurry up and find him before he gets himself lost.”

“I don't need you to baby-sit me!” Sora shouted. “I mean I remember the way back to the ranger's station, so I'll be on my way now.” Sora added quietly then ran away. “The place is at the top of this mountain path right? Someone there must know what happened to me and how to reverse it,” Sora thought mindlessly running until she was stopped short having bumped into somebody, the man from the ranger outpost.

“There is a very bad very dangerous storm coming I have to go make sure no one is down where the cursed springs are before it comes in. Storms like this cause the cursed springs to over flow and mix up all the curses and not be set back for at least three years.” The ranger informed.

“Riku,” Sora said looking back toward the springs.

“Hm?” The ranger said giving a quizzical stare.

“There's someone named Riku down there. We have to save him!” Sora said taking off, but the man grabbed her up by the collar.

“It'd truly be a tragedy if a pretty girl like you fell in one of the springs. You stay here where it safe.” The ranger said smiling.

“Who are you calling a girl?” Sora demanded struggling until she was free.

“Ah, so you really boy. You must have fallen in spring of drowned maiden. Very tragic indeed. The storm has already started. You'll have to wait at least three years before looking for spring of drowned boy.” The ranger said then started laughing.

“This isn't funny!” Sora yelled. “We have to save my friend.”

“Ah yes, the one you call Riku. We better hurry before he end up a girl too, no?” Then man said and started laughing again.



Meanwhile Donald and Goofy wasted no time hightailing it back to Micky's caste to inform the king about what had happened. Donald was so overcome with grief King Micky couldn’t understand a single word he was saying leaving Goofy to do explaining.

“Sora's gone! A hole opened up out of nowhere and swallowed up him up, and when that happened Riku jumped in right after him.” Goofy spoke excitedly, but even so was still more composed than Donald who was on his knees, crying and repeatedly asking himself “How could this have happened? Oh no.”

“Something happened to Sora?” Mickey said, immediately concerned. Slow down and tell me exactly what happened. What did this hole look like?”

“Well, it was very bright but it was strange you could look right at it and didn't need sunglasses or anything and the only thing it sucked up was Sora.

“I see.” Mickey said, his expression becoming solemn.

“What is it your majesty?” Donald asked, having pulled himself together.

“From what you said to me it sounds like he was taken to another dimension,” Mickey answered his expression saddening.

“Well that isn't a problem. We'll just go there and bring him back.” Goofy said determined to rescue his friend.

Mickey quietly placed his hand on Goofy's shoulder and shook his head. “We can go to other worlds but not other dimensions. There's nothing connecting us… or rather we haven't found what connects us. The only way Sora was able to travel there was because someone in that dimension called him.” Mickey informed.

“Then how did Riku get in?” Goofy wondered.

“From what you told me he got in just before the door to that dimension closed. For now all we can do is wait and hope for the best. I'm sure whoever called him to their dimension did so because they needed his help.” Mickey said, a tear falling from his eye. The three-decade-long friends then held each other, sobbing.



While King Mickey and his friends grieved in the other dimension a girl with bobbed hair had just finished carelessly chanting a summoning spell.

“Hmm… It didn't work.” Nabiki Tendo sighed, tearing up the very old, very ancient looking scroll. “Ha! A spell to summon the greatest warrior from another dimension, yeah right, I knew that old hag was pulling my chain. I won't be that stupid again. Good thing no one was around to hear me; I'm sure I must have sounded pretty foolish,” she said throwing the tiny pieces into the kitchen trash. “Too bad, if it had really worked I could have made a killing from bets. Guess I'll have to go take more pictures of Ranma and Akane for Kuno if I want to make any kind of money. With Ranma and Mr. Saotome constantly taking hot baths we're probably going to need it to pay the water bill.”

Nabiki yawned, stretching, then went off to her room to find her camera.



~End of chapter 1~