Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Sora1/2 ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sora1/2

By

Phoenix Hoshika



Chapter Four



“Hey, wake up dummy.” Akane said nudging Sora.

“Huh?” Sora said opening her eyes.

“Did you spend all night in the hallway?” Akane asked stooping down beside her.

“Uh, yeah.” Sora answered groggily still half asleep.

“You know I wouldn’t have minded.” Akane said to the girl who had fallen back to sleep.

Sighing Akane stood up. “You didn’t sleep very well last night did you? Sleeping out here it’s no wonder.” Akane said taking Sora by the hands and pulling her to her feet. “Come on.” She said leading a very sleep dazed Sora down the hall to her room. “We’ve got a few hours before we have to leave for school you can sleep in my bed until then. Lucky for you I just so happened to wake up extra early this morning,” Akane smiled as she closed the door to her room. “There you go.” She said helping Sora into the bed then pulled the covers over her. “See you in a little while.” Akane said turning off the lights and exiting the room.



About an hour after Akane had left the room the bright morning sun shown through the window waking Sora up from her slumber. Unwillingly but unable to go back to sleep Sora sat up and got out of bed. There was a dress laying out with a note on it;



You can barrow my spare uniform. Lucky for you I also have a second set of books for school today.

-Akane



“School,” Sora uttered displeased at the very notion. “Might as well,” she thought then began to undress.

“Do what you want I’m going to back to sleep.” Roxas said sitting on Akane’s bed.

Sora’s hair stood on end. “Get out!”

“What for,” Roxas asked lying down.

“Because,” Sora said crossing her arms over her bare chest.

“You can’t be serious.” Roxas said not bothering to budge an inch from the position he was lying in. “Besides it’s nothing I haven’t seen already.” He said staring at her emotionlessly.

Sora’s cheeks turned beet red. “I don’t care you’re still creeping me out so leave!”

“Fine.” Roxas said getting out the bed.

“Not that way.” Sora said running up behind him and grabbing his arm just below the shoulder.

“Unless you want me to stay and watch you change you’re going to let me do and go where ever I want.” Roxas said looking over his shoulder at her.

Reluctantly Sora let him go and Roxas left the room closing the door behind himself. “Maybe I really am turning into a girl.” Sora thought wanting to kick herself for letting Roxas escape, but at that moment the thought of him being in the room while she changed was too much. “If Riku sees him I’m done for. He’ll stay out of sight… won’t he?” Sora thought as she hurriedly got dressed hoping to catch Roxas before it was too late. Turning around to rush out the room she almost ran straight into him.

“AH!” Sora gasped stepping back.

“Scared you didn’t I?” Roxas said smiling.

“No one saw you, did they,” Sora asked panicked.

“I don’t exist remember? So of course not,” Roxas answered.

“For someone who doesn’t exist you sure are giving me a hard time. Don’t sneak up on me like that. I almost had a heart attack!” Sora said then took a brief moment to calm down. “Besides you’re half of me aren’t you? And that’s something very important.” Sora said not liking how Roxas referred to himself as nothing. The truth was she considered him a separate person just has much as he considered himself one and it made her sad to hear him talk about himself like something unimportant.

“Thank, Sora.” Roxas said as he let himself be reabsorbed into Sora. “You know it seems this has become a lot more difficult lately.” Roxas said as he slowly faded. “Can you feel it?”

“Yeah, I can.” Sora answered Roxas no longer in front of her.

“Sora, are you up? Sorry, I forgot to come wake you… Oh you are up.” Akane said entering the room.

“Thanks for letting me use your room.” Sora said keeping her eyes on the floor afraid to look Akane in the face.

“No problem and Sora, let’s be friends okay?” Akane said moving so they were eye to eye.

“So you aren’t mad at me?” Sora said lifting her eyes.

“No, why would I be mad at you silly?”” Akane said smiling.

“Uh, never mind.” Sora said then quickly changed the subject. “Is Riku coming to with us?”

“Riku? Oh you mean the boy Ryouga brought in last night. No, he isn’t doing so well.” Akane answered. “Katsumi is going to be looking after him until doctor Tofu can come take a look at him.”

“A doctor? But he was fine when I saw him last night.” Sora said then rushed out the room nearly knocking Akane over.

“Riku, Riku.” Sora called rushing into the guest room.

“Do you know him?” Kasumi asked noting the girl’s obvious great concern for the boy who lay on the floor in a feverish sleep.

“Um yeah, he’s my friend.” Sora said kneeling down beside him. “Thanks for the trouble I’ll look after him.”

“Shouldn’t you be going to school? It’s really no trouble at all.” Kasumi said with concern.

“No, it’s okay. You guys have done so much for me already. I’ll take care of this guy.” Sora smiled.

“If you insist,” Kasumi said hesitantly then left.



Sora spent the whole day waiting on Riku during the brief moments he was awake. While he was asleep she sat silent beside him all day refreshing the cold cloth on his head, removing blankets when he seems too hot and covering him back up if he seemed to get cold. Sora sat with her knees to her face as she watched Riku when Roxas suddenly stood up. “Hey,” He said stooping down in front of her. “Go get something to eat already and bring me back something too while you’re at it.”

“I can’t I have to make sure he’s okay,” Sora answered wearily.

“I’ll do it. You can go to the bathroom and take a break in the mean time.” Roxas suggested airily.

“I’m toast if he sees you.” Sora pointed out. “What are you doing roaming around anyway?”

“I got bored.” Roxas answered. “So are you going to take me up on my offer or not?”

“No, I’m fine.” Sora lied.

“You should know better than to try and lie to me.” Roxas said but Sora didn’t budge. “That’s okay I’ll just talk about rushing running waterfalls, if you don’t mind that is?” Roxas asked smirking.

A strange look suddenly came across Sora’s face. “What do I look like some preschooler?”

“Then what are you complaining about?” Roxas asked tauntingly.

The two sat silently for a couple of minutes before Sora suddenly stood up and ran out the room.

“I knew you had to go.” Roxas said then turned to Riku. “So we meet again.”



After using the bathroom Sora went down to the kitchen to get something to eat. Not being particularly skilled at cooking she found herself eating cold leftovers from the refrigerator.

Meanwhile Roxas was board out of his mind. It seemed like ages since Sora had left the room. Checking the cloth on Riku’s forehead Roxas found it warm from the fever he was running. Dipping it into the bowl of ice water on the floor near the top of the futon he wrung in out and carefully replaced it so not to wake him. Just as he had finished doing so Riku suddenly opened his eyes looking directly at him. “Roxas? No way, I must be seeing things.” Riku thought then closed his eyes.

Roxas rubbed the back of his head. “Oops. Oh well.” He thought then stood up to go find Sora.

After eating Sora went to Akane’s room to change out of the school uniform she was wearing. After spending a great deal of time going through Akane’s clothing Sora held up an outfit she had taken a liking to in front of the mirror. Seeing herself for the second time Sora blushed. Her heart raced as she continued to stare at her reflection. Coming closer to the mirror she leaned forward closing her eyes.

“What are you doing?” Roxas asked.

Sora gasped practically jumping. “Nothing. None of your business!”

“Nothing? None of my business? Which is it?” Roxas asked flopping down on the bed.

“It’s none of your business.” Sora snapped.

“Whatever.” Roxas said lying down. “While you were in here flirting with yourself Riku woke up.”

“What,” Sora squealed. “Did he see you?”

“Of course he did, he looked right at me. Don’t worry he was pretty out of it and went right back to sleep, so he probably won’t remember or just think it was a dream.” Roxas said closing his eyes.

“What are you doing? You can’t take a nap in here.” They’ll be home soon.” Sora said and as if summoned by her words footsteps could be heard coming toward the bedroom.

Roxas bolted up. “It’ll take too long for me to go back. What do we do?” He asked seeming to be just as panicked as Sora.

“Quick!” Sora whispered lifting the blanket up and pointing under Akane’s bed. Roxas quickly dove under it just before Akane came in the room.

“Is that guy, Riku right, is he okay?” Akane asked yawning.

“He’s doing fine.” Sora answered nervously as Akane sat on the bed.

“That’s good. I’m beat.” Akane said lying down.

“Sleep well,” Sora said sweat dropping then left the room.

“Sora,” Roxas thought silently fuming as he lay stiff as board under Akane’s bed unsure when it would be safe to come out.



Sora stood outside the room staring at the door feeling bad for leaving the boy that contained half her being behind but what could she do? “Oh! Riku.” Sora said remembering her sick friend then went to check on him. Opening the door she found Kasumi and a strangely behaving man who was kneeling down beside Riku.

“Ah, Akane what seems to be the problem?” The man asked staring off into space.

“Akane isn’t here.” Kasumi laughed. The boy on the futon is the one who needs you.”

“Really? Oh my, he doesn’t look so good. Let’s take his temperature.” Dr. Tofu said sticking an ink pen in the boy’s mouth. Riku sweat dropped.

“That guy’s supposed to be the doctor?” Sora thought wide eyed. “Something tells me if I don’t get Riku away from him that guy just might kill him and not even notice.” Sora thought then dashed across the floor scooping up Riku right as the doctor was reaching down to place his hand on his forehead since his ‘thermometer’ wasn’t giving a reading. “Thanks for coming but I’ll take care of him.” Sora said protectively holding Riku his face pressed against her chest as she tightly held onto him.

“Are you sure Nabiki?” Dr. Tofu said still in a daze.

Sora sweat dropped. “Yes quite sure,” she answered keeping a tight grip on Riku who was suffocating.

“Okay then. Don’t forget to give Ranma his medicine.” Dr. Tofu said handing Kasumi a few packets of flu medicine then ran into the wall mistaking it for the door. “Ow, that hurt.” He said still oblivious to his actions then finally went out the door.

“Sora, can he breathe like that?” Kasumi asked.

“Huh? Oh!” Sora said dropping him. Riku’s eyes were swirling from oxygen depravation. “I’m sorry.” Sora said tears streaming down her face.

“Oh, it’s alright.” Kasumi said after placing him back on the futon practically dropping him like a sack of potatoes. “He’ll be fine.” She said smiling.



Sora spent the rest of that evening vigilantly watching over her friend.

“Ugh.” Riku groaned waking up. “Thanks.” He said startling Sora who was on the verge of falling asleep.

“Huh?” She said looking over toward him in the dark room.

“Thanks for looking out for me today and saving me from that crazy doctor.” Riku said pushing back the pile of blankets that was over him then stood up.

“No problem.” Sora said sleepily as the boy walked by her slowly making his way to the door. “Ah! You shouldn’t be moving around. If you need something I’ll get it.” Sora said jumping up.

“Sorry, you can’t help me this time.” Riku answered flatly.

Rushing over to the door Sora darted in front of Riku blocking him from leaving. “Wait I’ll come with you. There must be something I can do to help.” Sora said knowing Riku had a habit of pretending he was better off than he actually was.

“I have to use the bathroom.” Riku said not bothering to make eye contact as he spoke.

“Oh…” Sora said stepping away allowing him to leave the room.



~*~