Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: Between Darkness and Light ❯ Book I: SORA Preface ( Chapter -1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Book I:
SORA



Preface


Inever though of Riku and I as enemies.
Maybe rivals, that at most. But the last few months have changed my perspective on things. Every little thing has significance now. Every little skirmish, every little person, even every little sentence. It's all over, all I can thing about is this battle.
This war.
This destiny.
The thoughts raced through my head:

Sora, Kairi said, Don't do this, please don't go.
Kairi,
I answered, I have to. Please, don't make this harder than it needs to be. Please, it's bad enough as it is. I can't stay here, understand...? There are bigger things than you and me, even besides this whole world, this whole universe. It's got something to do with me, and apparently with Riku, too. I'm sorry. Just forget about me, move on. You think I want to go. I have to. Just...Just let it go. Kairi, just please LET IT GO!!!
Sora, no...
She had said, fresh tears streaming down her face. Her faced moved closer to mine, and our lips met. They moved with mine in perfect harmony. She held the back of my neck, pushing her lips farther onto mine. I pushed her away.
Kairi, I said, please, don't do this. I have to go... I walked off, just like that
Behind me, she was crying, the thunderstorm soaking her cold body.
I'm sorry, Kairi... I whispered as the thunder struck ferociously.

Riku, I said, Come back to Destiny Islands, please, Kairi is waiting. She can't live without us, Riku, for her sake.
What do you expect me to do, Sora...?
He asked, too much strain in his voice. I can't walk away from this, neither can you. This is our fate, Sora.
Only if you want it to be,
I retorted. Riku, listen to reason. We have to stop this. All of this. It's going to kill more people than it saves.
So what,
he continued. It will all be worth it, Sora. Or do you not know...?
Know what...?
I asked.
We're all victims, Sora...You can go back and hide from fate, but I won't. I'm not running from my enemies...
Us, enimies...?
I asked. That's how you see us now. Mortal enemies...? It looks like you won't listen to reason. I'll bring you back to her, Riku, even if I die trying!!!
We unseathed our blades and ran at eachother, yelling and cursing the whole way...