Last Exile Fan Fiction ❯ The Facts of Life (or Why Mullin Left the Silvana) ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Okay, sorry guys, I'll just . . . look elsewhere." Claus quickly closed the door and went to find Tatiana. Fortunately, he ran into Sophia, who was also coming off-duty from the bridge at the same time.
 
"Excuse me, Miss Sophia?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Have you seen Miss Tatiana and Miss Alister? Me and Xavier just came back from patrol duty and it's their turn."
 
"Xavier and I" she corrected gently. "And I believe that both of them are on deck enjoying the good weather, along with Lavie, Mullin and Alvis."
 
"Thanks, Miss Sophia." He quickly made his way up to the landing deck of the Silvana. There he found Tatiana running around with her arms spread, making whooshing noises while Alvis clapped her hands. "Miss Tatiana, Miss Alister!"
 
Tatiana quickly slapped a serious expression on her face and tried to act like he hadn't seen whatever she had been doing. "Is it time for us to go up now? I'm sorry for making you wait Claus. I lost track of time."
 
Alvis clambered down from the bulkhead she'd been sitting on. "Can I come too? Can I help you and Alister get ready to go up?"
 
Tatiana actually broke a smile for the little girl. "I'm sure the mechanics will be happy to have you there." The three of them started down.
 
Claus made his way over to the railing, where Mullin and Lavie were talking. "So what was all that whooshing about that Tatiana was doing?"
 
"Tatiana was showing Alvis all these different vanship maneuvers. She's very good," responded Lavie. "Although not as good as you, Claus."
 
He nodded and stared out into the blue sky. Mullin noticed his preoccupation. "Claus, is something wrong?"
 
"Nothing's wrong, I'm just a little confused."
 
"About what?"
 
"Well, before I came up here, I was looking for Miss Tatiana and Miss Alister below deck. And I accidentily entered Dio's and Lucciola's quarters."
 
"Uh-oh. Lucciola didn't take a stab at you or something, did he?"
 
"No, they were . . . how do I describe what they were doing?" He looked around then walked to the bulkhead that Alvis had been sitting on earlier. "Lavie, come over here."
 
She approached, puzzlement clear on her face. "Okay, now sit up on the bulkhead and lean back against the wall." She did so. "Okay now imagine you're Dio and I'm Lucciola." He reached up, then checked himself. Claus definitely did not want to put his hands there; Lavie would throw him over the side of the ship. "On second thought, get down. I'll be Dio and you can be Lucciola." He got on the bulkhead then grabbed her hands. He placed one on his waist and the other on his chest. "Except Lucciola's hands were inside Dio's clothes."
 
Claus took another look at the position he and Lavie were in. They both blushed brighter than Tatiana's vanship. Mullin began laughing. Claus stuttered. "I kn-now what it-t looks lik-ke, but-"
 
"Come on, don't tell me the two of you don't know what they were doing!” interrupted Mullin. "They were making out!"
 
"Is that even possible?" asked Lavie. "I mean, Dio and Lucciola are both guys, right?"
 
"I don't know," said Claus. "I thought so, but with Dio I'm not absolutely sure."
 
"Of course you can! In the musketeer corps-" Mullin realized that Claus and Lavie were both paying very close attention to him. "Oh come on you guys, haven't you had The Talk already?"
 
"Yeah, but I don't remember anyone in Norkia saying anything about two guys doing it."
 
Lavie had a very intent expression on her face. "Mullin," she said. "You seem to know all about it. Why don't you describe it to us?"
 
"Wait, what? Uh, I think I hear Ethan calling for me." Mullin quickly scrambled away.
 
"That's okay." called Lavie.
 
"We'll just talk about it later." added Claus.
 
Needless to say, Mullin soon grew very tired of Claus and Lavie's 'difficult' questions.