Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ The borken heart. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
The Play house was even bigger than what the Philips' ever held a ball or dress party at.
 
Most of the gang all took their seats with My Grandfather and I at the head Table, where once everyone had arrived we could being the feast.
 
On the way down the hall, Henri was walking like a perfect young Gentlemen from all the things the Marquis of France taught him.
 
He was so busy admiring all around him though, he wasn't looking where he was going and bumped right into someone, head by head.
 
“Oh, Pardon me… I am ever so sorry” she said in a French Accent.
 
Henri slowly looked up, and he couldn't blink his eyes while he stared at a beautiful young teenage girl about his height white beautiful long whit blonde hair French-braded.
 
She stared back at him in the same way, but then Henri helped her up, “Non… I am sorry.” He said politely, and then walked off.
 
The young girl could swear that, that young man just spoke with a French accent too. “Such a polite young man… eh?” she said to herself.
 
When Henri arrived Moses whispered into his ear, “What took you so long… the speech is about to start.”
 
Henri couldn't find the words to answer, but then again, he never even heard the question.
 
He was too busy thinking about that girl he had just met in hall. She was beautiful, whoever she was.
 
The last of the people walked in, and My Grandfather silenced the crowd and began his opening speech.
 
How to have our guests from the past to be here with us as new recruits, was truly a remarkable, and amazing experience.
 
In all the years that WASP has been apart of the World, and the World Security Patrol… this had never happened before, and might never happen again.
 
My Grandfather had also made it clear that he was heading on a Mission to Mars in few days, and would be gone for two years.
 
So he left the Base under my Command, and I was also to ensure that our guests got their study periods as planned.
 
“And now… it gives me pleasure to present our finest tutors who will aid our guests in the adjusting to our time.” Said Troy.
 
He clapped his hands, and in walked five pretty Women, in their early twenties, and late teen ages.
 
Henri even recognized one of them as that French girl had bumped into in the hall.
 
I stood up and spoke for my Grandfather. “We call them the angels. The greatest in tutorial history, and training the WASPs ever knew.”
 
“Ladies… Introduce yourselves.” The Girls nodded and from oldest to youngest stepped forward.
 
A 22 year-old African America woman with short dark hair stepped forward. “I am, Magnolia Jones, but my code name is… Melody!”
 
A 21 year-old Japanese woman stepped forward. “I am, Chan Kwan, and my code name is… Harmony!”
 
A 20 Year-old British with long Strawberry blonde hair, exactly like Sarah's steeped forward. “I am Dianne Simms… Code name… Rhapsody!”
 
Another 20 year-old girl stepped forward. “I'm Karin Wainright… but just call me… Symphony!”
 
Finally the 17 Year-old French girl Henri had met stood forward, “I am Juliette Pontoin… But around here I am called… Destiny!”
 
It was made clear that each day, One of these girls each would teach one member of the People from the past, as they were experts in different subjects.
 
Harmony was great on History, and Mythology. Which would be the most important for their adjusting.
 
Melody taught science.
 
Rhapsody taught Geography, and Atstro-Navigation.
 
Symphony taught Physics and Astro-Physics.
 
Destiny would teach of the human body.
 
Finally, Astronaut training, would be taught by me.
 
Once everything was made clear, the feast had begun. There were waiters there to serve gourmet meals, but there was also a serve yourself buffet.
 
Neither one of the Past people knew what to try first, there were so many strange new foods they had never seen before.
 
But, regardless that didn't stop us from having lovely chats about our own personal ways.
 
Henri even told of the story of how he had once lied to British men about James and Sarah being engaged.
 
“You said that, and they believe you?” I asked. All three of them nodded and blushed in embarrassment.
 
As our conversations carried on, it eventually lead t the part where I had told them about my parents dying when I was little, and my grandfather took care of me ever since.
 
“It's rather, Lonely being what I am.” I said with a frown.
 
Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, even though it would normally be improper for a Lady to do that, but that was way back then…
 
“Captain, I am Confused.” She asked, “Don't you have a wife and children to take of?”
 
Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow, “I… Beg your pardon?” I asked.
 
Now they all looked confused, “You mean… you're at the age of twenty and you aren't married?” replied Elizabeth.
 
“Of course not.” I said, “Don't be absurd dear lady… I'm too young for marriage yet.”
 
Sarah and James couldn't believe what they just heard, “But… but, shouldn't 16 be the age for a young man to think about marriage?” asked Sarah.
 
I smiled and shook my head, “My friends… you have much to learn.” I said. “Sixteen is the proper age for possibly royalty, maybe… but not for the common folk.”
 
“I must be at least the age of 22 before even considering of asking a girl to take my hand.”
 
Everyone let their soup spoons drop into their dishes. “Man… that must bite hard.” Said Moses.
 
“Captain, do tell me though…” said Samuel, “Have… you ever fallen in love before?”
 
I blushed of embarrassment, “Yes… I have, but I'd rather not speak of it.”
 
“If you'll excuse me.” I got up and headed for the restroom.
 
“Gee… he must really have been in love, and left broken hearted.” Said Henri. For once, everyone agreed with him.
 
Sarah wondered, who he could possibly be in love with?
 
In my Privaterestroom
 
I was sitting on my toilet with the seat down as I stared at a small chipped rock I always carried with me.
 
It was in the shape of half a heart, which was where it was broken, and it had the letters D, and S carved onto it.
 
The first girl I ever fell in love with had the other half that had my two initials on it. M, and T.
 
Wherever she was now, I wondered if maybe, she had forgotten all about me.