Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ The Horrible dream ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWNETY-ONE
 
 
While we saved Samuel and actually got the REMO working, Sarah and her other were still out of it, and they were dreaming a horrible dream…
 
INTO THEIR DREAMS
 
We had all just landed on the REMO, but Samuel was still in trouble.
 
“Alright… there's not enough room for us inside.” I said, “Once I get the hatch open, let's start dumping the cargo.”
 
The men agreed, “Hold tight Samuel… we're coming!”
 
“Will do, Captain.” Samuel answered. He looked behind him and saw the jetpack, a hundreds of vertical yards below him, he had thrown off was burning up in the atmosphere.
 
“Hello, beautiful!” he whispered.
 
Elizabeth and Sarah couldn't stand this anymore, they almost lost him once on this voyage.
 
While we weren't watching, they disengaged their tethers, grabbed the rocket gun, and ROARED as they zoomed away.
 
“SARAH… ELIZABETH… NO!!” cried James.
 
“Ladies… Get back here, and that's an order!” I snapped, but they just kept going. “YOU'LL NEVER MAKE IT!!”
 
Sarah remained tethered to her mother and flew out in front with the gun her hands.
 
“Sarah, Elizabeth, what are doing?” asked Samuel.
 
“Exactly what we aren't doing Father.” Sarah sobbed, “We're not going to watch you die!”
 
“You'd do the same for us, Samuel!”
 
I couldn't believe this… now we had other crewmate deliberately putting themselves in danger. We had to move it.
 
“Henri, Moses… Get inside, Dump the cargo, and start the systems, NOW!!” I yelled. They nodded and went to work tossing crates out into the atmosphere.
 
James remained outside with me, and we both tried again and again to get the ladies to return, but no luck.
 
“Samuel… we can do this… we can save you.” Cried Elizabeth.
 
Samuel shook his head, “No you can't! Neither one of you has enough fuel to come get me and get us back!”
 
“Listen to me, the both of you. You have to stop, and you have to stop now!!”
 
“He's right ladies… it's no use.” I replied.
 
The ladies checked their computers. Sarah's fuel was empty, and her mother's was beeping the words… POINT OF NO RETURN!
 
If she moved one inch closer, she wouldn't be able to make it back to the REMO, and they'd be doomed as well. So she stopped right where she was.
 
Sarah was a little ways in front of her, but Samuel was still very far away, and going farther ever second.
 
Now even Samuel asked them both to go back, but they refused, and Sarah fired the Rocket-gun sending a line to her father.
 
Samuel stretched his arms out as far as they would go ready to grab the line. It got closer, AND CLOSER… then it stopped two feet away… IT WASN'T LONG ENOUGH!!
 
It was final… Samuel was doomed unless we could hurry and get the REMO working in time, but the Ladies still refused to give up.
 
Sarah retrieved the line, “What are you doing?” asked Samuel.
 
“We're going to get in a little closer and try again.” Elizabeth answered.
 
Samuel's eyes widened, “Sarah, Elizabeth… if you use any fuel to get in closer you won't get back. If anyone tries to help us, they could die too.”
 
“Please, Dears… please go back… go back and help the others to the surface!”
 
Sarah's tears were falling in earnest now inside her helmet, and she couldn't wipe them away. “Father… WE ARE NOT LOSING YOU!!” she cried. Her mother nodded in agreement.
 
Samuel could see there was no getting through to them now, so there was only one thing left to do. “Oh, I can't let you two do this.” He whispered to them, “I just can't let you die… I'm sorry.”
 
Samuel blew them both one last kiss. “Samuel… what are doing?” asked Elizabeth.
 
That's when Samuel reached up and undid all the clips on his helmet… HE WOULDN'T!!
 
“Samuel… No… NO DON'T!!”
 
“FATHER, NO…. PLEASE!!
 
Samuel wink at them as his tears began to fall. “Farewell my dears… I LOVE YOU!!”
 
The ladies begged Samuel not do it, but it was already too late. Samuel pulled off his helmet, followed by a loud hissing as the air escaped from his suit… and he froze from the deadliness of Space!
 
 
Sarah and her mother's hearts were completely broken. “No… dear god No!!” sobbed Sarah.
 
“…Samuel!”
 
Even the men didn't have to going easy either, but no one felt as broken as James did.
 
He shook his head as his tears began to fall and his voice just went crazy. “Samuel, No… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
 
James never knew his real Father, he was raised by Dr. Franklin, who was like a father to him, and now…
 
Samuel Philips, a kind hearted man who was more than willing to give James a place in his heart as a son… was gone.
 
That made a total of three fathers James had lost!
 
The Ladies just remained where they were, frozen in sight of their sadness as they watched Samuel's dead/frozen body slip away.
 
“Come back ladies.” I said softly to them, “…He's gone!”
 
The Ladies still didn't move. “Sarah, Elizabeth.” Whispered Moses, “Come on… we need you both.”
 
The Ladies raised their hands to their hearts and prayed that wherever Samuel was now… he was a true hero to them all.
 
“Please ladies… You're all I have left.” James sobbed softly. “Please… come back.”
 
The Ladies finally worked it up, and headed back
 
OUTSIDE OF DREAM
 
Actually that didn't really happen, they were just dreaming. Samuel was very much alive.
 
We were barely able to get the REMO working and drop down to get him, but we made it. He was alright.
 
Now all that everyone was safe and sound again, we headed down to the surface.
 
Back on Earth
 
At W.S.P headquarters, General. Gray received a message from WASP. They had received new data, but couldn't make sense out of it.
 
Telemetry reported that the REMO had left it's orbit around Mars, reached the surface, and was totaled on landing.
 
“I… can't believe it.” Cried Gray, “It can't be… it's Mykan Tempest and his crew, they must have found their way back and used the REMO as a Lander.”
 
He smiled the biggest smile ever. He and the others thought for sure that when we were Lost in Space that we had, had it.
 
“Captain. Tempest… what a guy!”
 
Author's notes:
 
Okay… I admit using some footage from Mission to mars was a bit of cheating… but then again, I wouldn't really have it any other way.