Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ Loved At Last ❯ Riding ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Four~*~RIDING~*~
 
He touched your chest!
Yeah, but it was an accident. No big deal.
He touched you! You aren't courting and you are most certainly not bonded; tell him if he touches you again I'll put a hoof in his head.
Calm down! It was no big deal. He just brushed his hand—
Are you two talking about me?
No!
Yes.
Don't touch her again or I will kill you.
I'm warned. I won't touch her.
 
Succori laughed, smiling and flipping her hair.
 
I love it when she does that. If you loved it half as much as you think about her and that “love” of yours, then you would already have asked to court her. These things take time. The timing must be perfect.Whatever, but you had better hurry before someone else beats you to it.
 
The two elves ride through Gondor until they come to the Darke Forest. Succori stops Star and stares out into the forest.
 
Why does she always return to the forest?She seems imprisoned. There is something that draws her to it, something within. Within the forest or within her?Now that is something we would both like to know about.
 
Legolas pulls his mare up beside his friend and gathering his courage asks,
 
What is it that draws you here?
Evil.
Why do you listen? What evil?
Sauron, Sauroman. Though they are my family, I am not one of them. I do not care what anybody says.
What does that have to do with you being drawn to the forest?
Everything; after my mom gave birth to me, we went to live with Galadriel. There my mother fell in love and gave birth to a girl. My mother died having my little sister. Galadriel could no longer risk having me and the baby's father ran away from his responsibilities. The Great War was over, I was just under four hundred at that time, and I raised my sister. She is the only being other than Star that I truly care about. My father knew this and kidnapped her through Sauroman. He took her into the forest exactly three years ago today. I have not seen her since. Though I rode every day to find her. She is my weakness and he knows it. They know that I will not trade for her life, but I will look for her until I find her or I die.
That explains a lot.
I won't drag you in there, but I'm going riding.
What; back into the forest? No way! You were captured last time, I'm sorry but if you must go you're not going alone.
Fine, we'll leave the horse's here. Star would like to mate your mare by the way.
Fine by me. I'll just put her to pasture with him.
Let's go.
 
The elves said good-bye to their mounts and carefully and quietly entered the forest. Succori lead the way to her grandfather's camp and they avoid two orakai guards on the way.
 
Can you sense anything?
Besides evil, not much. But there is a faint hint of—elf.
Your sister?
I'm not sure but we've got to rescue whoever it is.
You're right. Can you tell where they are?
My grandfather's room.
Are you sure?
Yes.
 
Succori takes off, like a hunter on the prowl and ready to pounce. Legolas reaches for his bow and arrows and takes off silently after her. Succori knew the camp surprisingly well and led them directly to the large tent in the center of the ring of barracks, smith shops, etc. it appeared that the orakai had gone hunting or some other means of destruction. There were only seven guards and Succori leaped, dagger in hand, and landed on the nearest guard and killed him before he knew what had happened. He silently fell to the ground and Succori jumped again. Legolas stayed hidden, watching her back (and ass) with his bow in hand and ready. The blue haired maiden killed three more guards, leaving three left to deal with. As she jumped to attack the one closest to her, another stepped out of the shadows and grabbed her foot and brought her crashing down. Legolas killed him and Succori quickly dealt with the remaining two. They were dead in a matter of seconds and Succori turned back to Legolas.
 
Wait here, I'll go in and save whoever's in there.
Alright, but be careful.
 
She smiled and walked around to the other side of the tent.
 
Hello, is anyone in here? I am here to save you.
Over here.
Where? I can't see you.
I'm—look out, he's coming!
Who?
Sauroman.
 
Before Succori could do anything she was hit with a bolt of lightning. She crumpled to the floor and writhed in agonizing pain. Ha-ha-ha-ha. I figured you wouldn't resist the urge to save her, stupid girl. You fell right into my trap. He put more force into the lightning coursing through his granddaughter's body. A whimper was heard from the corner; Succori tried to ignore the pain and looked into the shadows hanging about the corner of the tent. It was her sister. Suddenly, Succori stopped writhing, she didn't even twitch. Sauroman was confused by this and put more force into the lightning bolt. Succori barely blinked. She sat there, getting angrier by the second, she thought of all the years she had spent searching; of everything she had been put through, of everything her sister had been put through. She could feel no pain. It was payback time. She reached for her own powers, her eyes glowed blue, her hair is caught in a non-existent wind, with no other warning, she hurls a spear of ice at her grandfather. The lightning stopped and he fell to the ground with the spear sticking out of his chest, it had his heart. Succori stood and leaned down close to her grandfather and whispered, Come near my family again, and I will get you out of hell only to send you down again. And believe me when I say that the pain and suffering you have put me through will be revisited upon you ten fold. Don't think your next death will be easy or as pain free as this. That I promise you. then he died.
 
Gabby are you okay?
Succori is that you? I thought you'd never come! I thought you had forgotten me…
How could I ever forget you? Now come on out, you're coming with me; the orakai should be back any moment.
Right.
 
The two girls ran out of there like no tomorrow. Succori grabbed Legolas by the hand as she passed and continued running. Gabby had been well taken care of the past three years and was strong and healthy. When the group reached the horses Succori jumped on Star's back and Gabby jumped on behind her. Legolas leaped onto the back of his mare and they all took off.
 
Who is on my back and may I throw them off?
It's okay Star, it's just my sister Gabrielle. We're just giving her a ride to Gondor.
Gabby?
Hello Star! It's been a while.
It certainly has. Well, welcome back.
Thanks.
Sorry about wanting to throw you off. I don't usually allow riders other than Succori.
I know; it won't happen again. Thank you for the ride.
Sure, no problem.
Now that you two are reacquainted, welcome to Minas Tireth. Wow, it is so beautiful. This is where we're staying? Yep.Sureis.Awesome. Um, sis?Yeah?Whois the elf lord over there?Ohsorry, that's Legolas.Ishe available? He's hot.Yes, I'm pretty sure he is available. Wait a sec! You've just been rescued and you're already looking at guys?Youtry to spend three years with only Sauroman, animals, and orakai. I'm making up for lost time.Pardonme, don't mean to interrupt, but who are you?Gabby, Succori's sister.Soit was you she sensed.Yep; she's always had a knack for finding me. Even though it took her three years. At least she never gave up.Aren'tyou both glad he didn't try to stop me?YesI am.Whyshould I be glad other than you saved Gabby?Becauseif you had tried to stop me you would have been hurt or killed.Well, it's a good thing I didn't try to stop you.
 
Who goes there?” “Lord Legolas, Princess Succori, and her sister Princess? No. Gabrielle.” “Open the gates! the group rode through and were met by Aragorn.
 
Welcome back; you didn't tell me both of you were going riding.
I didn't know; she talked me into it.
Where did you go?
Darke Forest.
You're joking right?
No; I rescued my sister, with Legolas's help of course.
Your sister?
Hi, I'm Gabrielle, and tired of being ignored.
My apology, I wasn't paying attention. You look like you could use a nice relaxing bath and a good meal.
Thanks.
Well, Aragorn, would you take care of her? I have things to tend to.
Ditching me already?
I would be happy to. We can dine with Arwen and her brother.
How old is he? Is he single?
Gabby!
What? I'm curious.
Actually he is single; good with ladies such as you and I believe he is just over sixteen, which would make him about two hundred or so.
Perfect so far; let's go meet him; shall we?
Right this way.
 
Aragorn led Gabrielle to the hall for dinner.
 
Excuse me, I don't mean to be a bother, but could you take off this bridal please?
OMG; so sorry! Yes of course I'll get you brushed and fed properly.
 
As Succori and Legolas took care of the horses, Gabby was having some fun of her own sort.
Aragorn took her by the arm and led her into the hall where Gabrielle saw Arwen holding a child and an elf lord talking quietly with her. Arwen honey, this is Succori's sister; recently rescued from Darke Forest.” “Welcome to Gondor. This is my brother, Lord Eric., a tall brunette with short spiky hair and his elven ears coming to a graceful point; he stood up and his hazel eyes looked into Gabby's. Um, hi; I'm Gabby.” “I am Eric; are you hungry? They should be serving supper soon.” “Famished. Eric stepped forward and bowed, It is very nice to meet you. He offered his arm and Gabby took it without hesitation. He led her over to a chair and sat down next to her. Where did you find her? whispered Arwen to her husband, She is perfect for Eric! the two smile and go to sit by the others already deep in conversation.