Love Hina Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Living Together Season 01 ❯ The Other Upcoming Arrivals... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Living Together Season 1
 
By: Enigma_Nemesis (daous on mediaminer.org)
 
Disclaimer Note: Look at previous chapters please!
 
Types of speeches used:
 
*thoughts*
normal talking
 
A/N: Added time for this chapter!
 
Chapter 02: The Other Upcoming Arrivals…
 
[Time - 8:30 p.m.]
[June 21 (The day before the previous chapter)]
 
“Ranma! Get out of here, you pervert!”
 
“Akane, you got it wrong! It was a mista-“
 
POW!!!
 
Ranma (in his male form) went crashing out of the roof and twinkled in the sky. Why?
 
Unfortunately for him, he was about to take a bath from his training with his father, Genma, at Akane's family dojo, when he walked in on a naked Akane, one of his fiancées, who wasn't so pleased about this...
 
So, as you can imagine, Ranma came in at the wrong time and got himself in deep crap with her. He had just landed in a playground with kids. Battered, bruised, and dirty, the young children nearby surrounded him, staring at him curiously. Suddenly, it started raining, and the children saw this “guy” turn into a “girl”. The children ran away screaming, as Ranma slowly got up.
 
“I wonder if Akane would have hit me just as hard had I gone into the bathroom in my girl form instead…” he pondered as he scratched his head. He massaged his shoulders and back.
 
“Damn, she has powerful punches as always! My back's going to break one day, especially if she keeps this up after our wedding!” Ranma moaned. They would have been married already four months ago if it wasn't for his father, who wanted to steal Ranma and Akane's wedding present, which was a drink that could lock him in his human form forever instead of changing into a panda whenever he's splashed in cold water. Unfortunately for him, Ranma, Mousse, Ukyo (his other fiancée) and Shampoo (also another of his fiancée), who all had similar “transformation” curses, discovered soon after and fought for it. Unfortunately for them, after destroying pretty much all the wedding decorations for this one drink, Happosai accidentally drank it up, thinking it was sake. With the wedding place in ruins, Akane and Ranma's families were forced to postpone the wedding to some other time. However, they never forgot the day they could've broken the curse and stay in their original human forms forever…
 
The new wedding date has not been set yet, so everyone was enjoying his or her same old daily lives. Meaning, of course, that Akane was still allowed to beat Ranma to a bloody pulp whenever he did something that would be deemed ”perverted” in her eyes.
 
Ranma, sighing, left the playground and went on home. His stomach growled in hunger.
“I guess I should be returning home now,” he murmured to himself, eager to eat some of his mom's cooking.
 
Just when he was about to open the door to his home, Shampoo, who was riding on her bicycle, landed on his head, causing him to feel immense pain and giving him a huge bump on his head. Ranma crouched, tending to his pain as Shampoo smiled at him.
 
“Ranma go home, eat dinner?” Shampoo happily said with grammar mistakes as usual.
 
“Yeah, so what?”
 
“Me go eat with you too? Please?” she asked hopefully. Ranma looked up at her and was just about to say no when Shampoo dodged a large okonomayaki, which smacked Ranma's face instead. Shampoo turned around and saw Ukyo angrily staring at her.
 
“What you trying to do, archrival!” Shampoo glared. Ukyo smirked.
 
“I ask you the same thing, Shampoo! How dare you hit me unconscious and bury me in a bunch of ramen noodles! Furthermore, when I woke up and hunted you down, I see you crushing my fiancé's head, and then asking him to invite you for dinner? You'll pay dearly for that!” she complained, getting into a fighting stance with her giant spatula. Shampoo, clearly fed up with this woman, got into a fighting stance herself and they began to duel each other, forgetting the existence of poor old Ranma (in his female form).
 
“Geez! The one person they fight over is the one person they ignore!” he, err, she fumed, before sighing to herself. She peeled off the okonomayaki from her face, which was now covered in sauce, and was going to open the door to her house, again, when she noticed Akane walking by with her mom.
 
“Hi mom! Hey Akan-“
 
“Get away from me you dirty, perverted BASTARD!!!” POW! Ranma was once again punched into the air, except not through a roof.
 
“Not again…
 
After several minutes, Ranma managed to return back to her house, but when she opened the door, a frying pan went flying towards her, smacking her squarely on the face. Ukyo, Shampoo, and Akane were all sitting around the table with Ranma's mom and her father, in his giant panda form. Ukyo, Shampoo, and Akane were fighting for the spot on the table beside Ranma's reserved seat, which was beside her mom on one side. Genma sweat dropped as he ate in panda form (only because his wife found it cuter than her husband's original form).
 
Ranma was boiling with rage as the frying pan slowly slid down her face. She took out a kettle and poured warm water over herself and changed back to her male form.
 
“That's IT! I'm absolutely FED up with the crazy life! I'm leaving this place and don't expect me to come back for-a-long-TIME!” he yelled in rage, his fists tight and trembling. He stormed past the shocked group of people at the dinner table, and entered his room, slamming the door shut in the process. Shampoo, Akane, and everyone else remained silent, slowly trying to intake what just happened.
 
“Has anyone ever seen Ranma this angry before?” Akane asked blankly. Everyone shook their heads.
 
After another long pause of silence, Ranma's mom spoke up.
 
“Um, is my dear son Ranma seriously going to leave?” she asked worriedly.
 
Akane smiled. “Don't worry Mrs. Saotome, I highly doubt that. Do you honestly think that-” she stopped herself from calling Ranma a `pervert' considering she was speaking to his mom, “err, rude fiancé of mine would leave? Besides, where will he live instead? He's just- hold on, where did Shampoo go?” Everyone looked around, wondering when and how she just disappeared all of a sudden.
 
Ranma, meanwhile, was rustling through his drawers, searching for something.
 
“AHA! Here it is! That `Invitation to Sakura' letter I received a couple of days ago! Man, I never thought I'd see the day I would actually consider reading about this place…” Ranma announced gleefully. He ripped open the letter and read the pamphlet.
 
“Let's see, the rent seems to be affordable, and the place was just recently built and decorated. Also, the landlady has specifically invited the first group of people who will stay here and the date of arrival is within… two days?! Argh, I'll have to pack up today and leave before it gets too dark! I hope they'll be normal people too…” he thought nervously, then concluded, “Oh, what the heck, they're definitely not going to be as bad as the ones I currently have to deal with everyday…”
 
Ranma jumped up and down in joy silently in his room, to prevent anyone from finding out where he'll be staying from now on. He quickly began to pack all of his important, personal belongings, before he snuck out of the window and off into the cold, starry night. Unfortunately for him, a creature resting in a shadowy corner of his room listened in on his little plan. It looked happy, as it purred amusingly…
 
-----End of Ranma sequence (Takes place some time after the manga series)-----
 
Meanwhile, in ANOTHER Rumiko Takahashi world...
 
[Time - 8:30 p.m. (Alternate Feudal Japan Time - sometime in the morning)]
 
“SIT!”
 
WHAM!
 
InuYasha found himself face first on the grass.
 
“What the $@#% did you do that for, Kagome?!” yelled InuYasha, as he shot straight up from the ground, clearly pissed off with her.
 
“It was your fault first, InuYasha!” Kagome retorted. “If you didn't make a big deal out of this letter I got (holds the letter in front of InuYasha's face), you wouldn't have been sit-(WHAM!)-ting.”
 
“Grrrrr…”
 
Sango looked at InuYasha, who was laid to waste on the ground, then at Kagome.
 
“You know Kagome, InuYasha has a point. Why did you receive a letter to stay in some new living place? Isn't that kind of suspicious?”
 
“It is suspicious, you fool!” InuYasha added. “Besides, what if it was planned by a youkai? Who will protect you THEN? Huh? Well?
 
InuYasha was now right in front of Kagome's face, his nose barely touching hers. Kagome's cheeks turned pink slightly and just stared into his eyes absentmindedly, thinking of who knows what. InuYasha, realizing what he was doing, jumped five feet back and turned away from her, hiding his red face at the same time. Kagome snapped out of her little trance and focused at answering his concern. She then thought of something and smiled slyly. InuYasha, on the other hand, was rubbing his back while talking to no one in particular. Near them were Miroku, Sango, and Shippo, who found this exchange in talking quite amusing.
 
“Damn it Kagome, I'm just worried about you, can't you see? What if a youkai really is behind this letter? Or worse, what if those moving metal thingies with those wheels attack you…” he mumbled to himself in a low whisper.
 
“Well InuYasha, if you're REALLY worried about me…” Kagome said slowly while smirking slightly (InuYasha's ears perked up) “… then why don't you come WITH ME?”
 
There was silence.
 
*InuYasha will definitely refuse.* Kagome thought confidently. *You're quite afraid about going to my world, especially if you plan on staying with me for a while! You'll be too damn afraid of the machines found only in my world, which is completely different from feudal Japan… Heh, I remember how you got so confused whenever you visited, and how you disliked being stared at by a bunch of passersby because of your tail. Too bad though, it would be fun if you did stay with me…* Kagome soon had a sad expression on when InuYasha suddenly-
 
“FINE!” InuYasha declared, staring straight at Kagome with a powerful desire.
 
*WHAT?!?!* Kagome was taken aback, dumbfounded and confused. *Isn't he afraid of the things in my world? How could this-” Before she could finish her thought, he continued.
 
“Fine, I'm going to your world and staying with you until I know for sure a youkai or any evil thing did not create a trap for you.” * and because I love you…* he thought to himself, although he didn't have the courage to say that to her right now. “I'm going to protect you and that's FINAL!
 
Miroku, Sango, and Shippo just stood in the background in utter shock, with their jaws dropped to the ground. Sango recovered first and pondered about InuYasha's decision carefully.
 
“You know what Kagome, I think he's right.” She agreed, receiving a grin and thumbs up from him. Kagome looked at her ally in disbelief.
 
“Even you?! How could you possibly agree with his decision? Sango, it's too dangerous for him to stay in my world for who-knows-how-long, without too much knowledge about how things work! There's hardly any monsters, except for the ones that came from this world, and the law is very different from here? Tell me in the name of kami-sama exactly just how the hell is he going to adapt to my world?”
 
Sango stayed silent for a few seconds, reassuring her own thoughts before saying:
“Well, Kagome, who else will protect you? Think about it: Some youkais did appear in your world before, so there's a possibility that this could be a trap…” Kagome lowered her head to that unavoidable fact. “Furthermore, even if you wanted to take someone else, because of InuYasha's attitude problem-”
 
“HEY!” Sango giggled slightly.
 
“-who ELSE will go with you? I refuse to stay in your world for a long period of time. Shippo is too young to protect you, and won't be able to adapt as easily against the dangers in your world (“What...” Shippo murmured sadly.). Miroku needs to stay in this world in order to help me with capturing the shards-“
 
“What?! But-” Stomp!!! Miroku was just about to complain when Sango stomped on his foot quickly. “Ouch, never mind…”
 
“-Besides, he'll probably ask every woman he meets in your world to bear his children… Now that would be quite an ugly sight…”
 
“Hmm…” Kagome wondered, carefully listening to Sango's long speech.
 
“Now tell me, Kagome, who ELSE would be able to come with you? Someone has to protect you! You're too important to be left alone for a long period of time, especially away from your family over there! Well? Who else would you choose instead?”
 
Everyone was silent (except for Miroku, whimpering in pain for his crushed foot…).
 
“What the hell are all of you standing here for?” said a cold voice. Everyone looked in the direction of the voice and saw none other than…
 
“Sesshoumaru!” InuYasha cried out, giving him a strong glare. Sesshoumaru vanished and reappeared in front of a surprised InuYasha. He grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off the ground, slowly choking him.
 
“It would be wise to show some respect to your elder sibling, brother…” he said calmly and coldly with a hint of disgust.
 
“SESSHOUMARU-SAMA!” Rin yelled from behind. She was running towards him, waving happily at him. She then noticed Kagome and the others, and went to play with them.
 
Sesshoumaru dropped InuYasha, who was sprawled on the ground, gasping for air.
“Consider yourself lucky, InuYasha. If it weren't for Rin's presence, you may have already been dead by now…” he coolly said before walking away and meeting up with Rin.
 
Kagome, after seeing that little display of “brotherly love”, looked at Sango, who shook her head, thinking “Hell no!”. Kagome sighed.
 
“I guess InuYasha will have to go with me after all…” she announced, admitting defeat. Inu Yasha punched a fist into the air, feeling happier than ever! Kagome couldn't help but smile slightly. *Oh well, at least it won't be that bad…*
 
Rin looked up at the suddenly joyful InuYasha, then at Kagome, which she noticed was smiling kind of. Curious at what was so joyful at the moment, Rin skipped happily towards Kagome.
 
“NE, KAGOME, WHY ARE YOU AND INUYASHA SO HAPPY?” Rin asked curiously in her loud and cheerful voice as usual. Everyone stare at Kagome, except for Sesshoumaru who simply didn't care, as long as it wasn't important.
 
Kagome paused and wondered for a bit, then kneeled down to be as high as Rin.
 
“Actually Rin, it's not me who's happy, it's just InuYasha,” she lied, although she felt guilty for saying it to innocent little Rin.
 
“-BUT I SAW KAGOME SMILE! I REALLY DID! RIGHT, SESSHOUMARU? RIGHT?” she replied to Sesshoumaru with puppy eyes. She thought she saw Kagome smile, and she did not want to feel stupid for doing something wrong.
 
Sesshoumaru, unable to go against Rin's cute, innocent look, sighed in his mind before giving a cold glare at Kagome, who flinched.
 
“You better not be lying, human…” he said in his usual cold voice.
 
Kagome shuddered, then sweat dropped. She did NOT want to get on Sesshoumaru's bad side, but neither did she want to admit she smiled at the thought of staying with InuYasha…
 
Kagome looked back at Rin and smiled. “Well, actually Rin, I was slightly smiling, but not because I was happy for InuYasha…” she improvised, trying to make it sound as real as possible for Rin, “I was actually smiling at how stupid InuYasha looked with that silly grin on his face.”
 
InuYasha was about to talk back when Miroku patted his shoulders and shook his head. InuYasha looked at Sesshoumaru, who he clearly did not want to mess with him, kept quiet, but still looked pissed off.
 
Rin giggled at Kagome's explanation, believing it of course, since she was just a child after all.
 
“THEN, WHAT WAS INUYASHA SMILING ABOUT?”
 
“…”
 
“…?”
 
After a brief moment of silence, Sango walked towards Rin and kneeled down, looking at the confused, clueless, black-haired girl.
 
“Rin, InuYasha is happy, because he gets to live with Kagome in another world.” She tried to answer as simply and understandably as possible.
 
“INUYASHA IS GOING TO LIVE WITH KAGOME?” Rin asked enthusiastically, while blushing at the same time. Kagome sweat dropped.
 
“InuYasha is not just going to live with me!” Kagome blushed, trying to clear up Rin's misunderstanding. “He's ONLY living with me, because he's trying to PROTECT me.”
 
Sango smirked. “If that's the way you want to put it…”
 
“SANGO!”
 
Just then, Sango came up with another evil scheme, and she grinned evilly.
 
“Rin… Do you want to visit Kagome'sworld?” she asked mysteriously, her eyes glinting.
 
Rin looked up at Sango and looked back down, fidgeting her fingers.
 
“Is Rin allowed to go..?”
 
Sango looked at Kagome and InuYasha, who were both looking at her confusingly.
 
Suddenly, InuYasha's eyes widened. *Oh no! Don't tell me…*I
 
Noticing InuYasha's discovery of her plot, she smiled evilly at him, then smiled normally at Rin.
 
“Of COURSE you can, Rin!”
 
Rin placed a finger on her lips (cutely, of course!) and pondered. She then smiled excitedly, jumping up and down cheerfully.
 
“YAY! Rin is allowed to go with InuYasha and Kagome! Yay! Yay! YAY!!!” she cheered happily.
 
Oblivious to Rin were Sesshoumaru's deadly glares sent to InuYasha, Kagome, and Sango, who were all sweat dropping nervously.
 
*Oh shit…* InuYasha thought, knowing he'll have to answer to the Grim Reaper in Kagome's world if something were to happen to Rin.
 
Rin ran towards Sesshoumaru in glee and tugged on his kimono.
 
“Ne, ne, Sesshoumaru-sama! Can Rin go with Kagome and InuYasha to her world?
 
Please, please, PLEASE???” She asked desperately, giving him that absolutely adorable puppy eyes look.
 
Sesshoumaru gave one last glare at InuYasha, then gave a small, silent sigh.
 
“Alright Rin.” He answered to Rin's delight. “However, (InuYasha and Kagome gulped) I shall stay with the three of you at that place Kagome was invited to, to make sure it's safe. Then, after a month or so, I shall return back here for a while, since I will most likely be missing a lot of work. I must, of course, make sure the land of the west is kept under my control. With the possibility of an attack by Naraku still present, I cannot take too much time off, although I will return every now and then to check up on Rin and make sure…” he glared coldly at InuYasha, “… she is alive and healthy. Otherwise, all of you will have to answer to my swords…”
 
InuYasha sweat dropped even more.
 
*Oh double shit…*
 
-----End of Inuyasha sequence (Takes place some time during the manga)-----
 
In a countryside with a large house and a temple…
 
[Time - 9:00 p.m.]
 
A teal-haired demon woman with long spiky hair was floating across the sky fluently. Her yellowish-gold eyes scanned the nearby surroundings, in search of a certain black-haired human. Her eyes glinted as she spotted her target at the temple. She headed towards her destination, slowly speeding up. Her target was sweeping the leaves from the entrance of the temple he trained at, until she came into his range of view. The man, who clearly spotted her, tossed his broom to the side as he ran away from her in the opposite direction. Unfortunately for him, the woman was flying towards him faster. She extended her arms as she hugged and landed on him, screaming-
 
“TENCHI!!!”
 
 
SMASH!
 
“Agh! Ryoko, will you please get off me!” pleaded a prostrated Tenchi. Ryoko lay on top of him and snuggled him possessively. *Why must she do this to him almost everyday?*
 
“Teennchiii, don't you enjoy my presence?” she cooed slowly in one of his ears. “I sense your happiness whenever our bodies are touching…
 
 
Tenchi's face reddened as Ryoko used her hands to get more intimate with his… lower body parts, until…
 
 
WHAM!
 
A frying pan went flying into her face.
 
“How dare you touch Tenchi like that, you vile, demon pirate!” an angry Ayeka said to Ryoko, whose face was painfully red after being smacked in the face by the frying pan thrown by, yours truly, Ayeka.
 
Ryoko, after being hit by the Juraian princess' frying pan, burned with fury. Tenchi, who Ryoko already released from her hug, crawled as quickly as possible away from the two ladies' conflict. He did NOT want to be in the middle of a battle between those two people!
 
“You're going to pay for that, you spoiled, bratty, princess!!!” Ryoko hollered, shooting two giant energy balls from her hands directly at Ayeka. Ayeka, who fought with Ryoko every now and then, countered with two Jurai energy beams. The energy beams and energy balls collided and exploded brightly, destroying some of the stone ground in front of the temple.
 
Meanwhile, Tenchi, who was hiding inside the temple and watching, ran outside, frantically waving his hands at them.
 
“NOOOOOOO!!! Ryoko! Ayeka! Please stop fighting before you destroy the- BOOM!!! - …temple…” Tenchi said depressingly at the end, as he saw a massive beam of energy blow the temple up into smithereens. Both Ryoko and Ayeka froze as they saw Tenchi's expression and the remains of the temple.
 
“Oh no! I'm so sorry, Tenchi! I hit the temple when I blasted that beam at Ryoko! Please forgive me!” she fervently apologized and bowing many times. Ryoko, on the other hand, began to laugh at her.
 
“Bwuahahahah! Ayeka is such a baaaaka…” she laughed, as she floated in the air lazily.
 
Ayeka stood up again and turned towards Ryoko. She gave her a menacingly cold glare.
 
“It's all your fault, Ryoko! If you hadn't of started that stupid fight over such a small thing, this wouldn't have happened!” she retorted, as she gracefully pulled her away from her face.
 
My fault!?! You were the one who hit me first with that stupid frying pan! So it's your fault, not mine!”
 
“Well, if you hadn't of gotten so intimate with Tenchi by using those hands of yours-” before Ayeka could finish her sentence, she heard Tenchi sigh loudly, causing her to stop talking.
 
Tenchi was sad and tired at first, but then he put on a sad smile.
 
“Ryoko, Ayeka, will you two please get along for once?” he said weakly, “For my sake, please?”
 
There was a silent pause, until Ryoko said-
 
“What's the matter, Tenchi? You're acting different from usual.”
 
“Yea, I've only seen you with that expression on your face when something big happened… but this is something that happens between Ryoko and I regularly…” Ayeka asked worriedly. “Is something wrong, Tenchi?”
 
Both were staring quietly at Tenchi again, waiting for an answer. He sighed again.
 
“It seems like you've both noticed. I guess there's no point hiding it anymore. Can you two please tell Sasami and the others to meet me in the living room in our house?” he gently asked. The two nodded and left to tell everyone.
 
Tenchi sighed again, and ruffled through his clothes. He took out the invitation letter from (just like in the other anime series) the “Sakura Housing Place”. This is going to be one looooong explanation…
 
-----End of Tenchi Muyo! sequence (Takes place some time after the series. Don't ask me which one!)-----
 
 
To be continued…