Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Enough is Enough ❯ Come Hell or High Water Part 2 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Love Hina or any of its characters. I wouldn't be sitting here if I did.
 
Chapter 5: Come Hell or High Water Part 2
 
So as the first day drags out, most of the residents are doing a little better, all except Kitsune and Su.
Kitsune is a little pissed right now. After Tsuruko left her room after finding all of her hiding places for sake, she leaves Kitsune mentally screaming at her. `Damn it, I can't go a day without a drink, let alone a month. I never thought I'd say it but I can honestly say that I'm sorry for the way that I treated Keitaro. I just hope that he comes back before the month is over. I really don't know if I can take this for a full month.'
Su is a little depressed. She has to go a whole month without seeing Keitaro, who she sees as her big brother.
`I miss big brother,' she cries silently. `He is so warm and caring. I don't ever want to lose him.'
Suddenly she brightens up. `I know! I'll make a virtual Keitaro! Heeheehe! I'll make it so that you can't tell him from the real thing. It's not destructive and it'll keep me busy for a good bit.' She starts to get to work, hoping that she might be able to take the program and insert it in an android if possible. [AN: Hehe, Mecha-`Taro anybody?]
Meanwhile, over at Mutsumis', Keitaro and Shinobu are just walking in the front door. Mutsumi's mother already has dinner ready for them.
“Please, sit down and eat before you decide where to sleep for the night,” she says.
Shinobu and Keitaro put their bags down and join Mutsumi and her mother at the table. As they are eating, they start to talk about the sleeping arrangements.
“Ara, well, there is only one extra bedroom so I guess you and Shinobu have to share a room,” Mutsumi says with a smile.
`Crap, I can't sleep in the same room as Shinobu. What if the girls find out? I'll be dead meat!' Keitaro thinks to himself, shuddering.
`Auuuu, Sempai and me will sleep in the same room! I can't wait!' Shinobu thinks.
“Um, Mutsumi, I don't think that Shinobu and I sleeping in the same room is a good idea. I know how about she stays with you and I stay alone in the extra bedroom?” Keitaro says.
“Well, I guess that sounds better than her sleeping in the same room as you, Ara.” Mutsumi says.
Shinobu looks a little disappointed. `Auuuuuu! I wanted to stay in the same room as Sempai!'
Keitaro and Mutsumi help to clear the table after dinner. As usual, Keitaro's clumsiness gets the better of him. He trips on the way back to the table and falls into Mutsumi, knocking her over. He reaches out and thinks, `Hmm, soft. Nice pillow. Wait a minute, I'm at Mutsumi's place and I just tripped.' He looks up to see that his face is sandwiched between Mutsumi's breasts. He jumps up, waving his hands, “It was an accident! I swear!”
“Ara, ara Kei-kun. If you wanted to stay in my room, all you had to do was ask,” she says with a feral smile.
“No, it's nothing like that! I just tripped is all!,” he says, trying to defend himself.
“It's okay Kei-kun. I don't mind at all, although I think we would be better off in my bedroom next time.” Mutsumi says, grinning.
Keitaro just passes out with a major nosebleed, thinking about Mutsumi, watermelons and being in her room.
`Ara, ara,' Mutsumi thinks. `I broke him. It's okay, I think he'll wake up soon so I guess I should move him to the couch or to his room. I think his room would be better though.'
Shinobu is shocked. `Oh, I hope Sempai is alright. It's too bad that I won't be able to sleep in the same room with him but at least he'll be here with me so I won't be lonely. We have plenty of time to spend together so I think this month is going to be okay,' she thinks to herself. `I just hope that sempai will take the time to study for the test for Todai while he is here.'
After Keitaro recovers, he looks at Shinobu. “Hmm, do you think we ought to call the Hinata-sou and let them know that we have gotten here in one piece?”
“I would Sempai,” she says, as she begins to cook dinner. “It will at least let them calm down some if they knew that we were alright.”
“Okay but I bet that they are not having fun with Tsuruko there. I bet they are really sorry they treated me the way they did.” Keitaro says, chuckling.
“Auuu, sempai, that's not nice!” Shinobu says. `But that's not to say that they don't deserve what they get for the way they treat Sempai.'
Ring, ring. <click>
“Hello, this is Keitaro. Who is speaking?”
In the background, you can hear things dropping and people cursing. “What's going on in the background?” he asks.
“Oh God Keitaro! Please come home!” an unidentified voice screams in his ear, sounding vaguely familiar.
“Naru? Naru, is that you screaming into the phone?,” he asks.
“Wha..? Yes, this is Naru. This madwoman is making us do all of the chores that you did while she does nothing but inspect our work. If that's not bad enough, nobody knows who to cook that won't kill us all. Motoko can cook but it has no flavor or taste to it. It seems as if I am the best after Shinobu. I might not look like much but at least it is edible. It seems as if I have been named the new chef in Shinobu's absence. Please come back! I'm sorry for treating you the way I did!”
“I'm sorry Naru but I have no rights as your manager for the next month. I'm sure that Tsuruko told you the same thing. There isn't much that I can do. My hands are tied,” he says. “Other than that, how are you girls doing?”
“Oh, peachy keen,” she says sarcastically. “Motoko isn't allowed to wear her sword outside of training, Kitsune is cut off from alcohol and men, Su can't make any dangerous inventions and has to sleep in her own room and I have to study in the afternoon in the Todai quad.”
Keitaro chuckles. `Looks like Tsuruko took my advice to heart.' “Well, it seems as if you girls aren't too bad off. Now you know how I feel on a daily basis. Although I do agree that there are differences but the idea is the same. I hope you see now why I had to get away and I hope Tsuruko can instill some basic respect in all of you.”
At this, Naru's jaw drops. She can't believe that Keitaro is agreeing with Tsuruko. She thought that he would at least say something about the way she was treating them but he didn't say a peep.
“If I can, I will be by to visit at least once a week for the next month to see how you guys are holding up. If I do not see any noticeable improvements, I will ask Tsuruko to make things a little harder. After all, I want you girls to learn something. It's not a vacation,” Keitaro says.
“I will not, under any circumstances, change or negate anything that Tsuruko has implemented. Everything she is doing is for your benefit. If anything, I hope you can at least see that. Now, I have to go because Shinobu has dinner ready and no, I am not sleeping in the same room as her. She is sleeping with Mutsumi and I have my own room. Now that you know that, I'll talk to you later or see you later this week. Let everyone know that we got here safely,” he finishes.
“Okay, bye Keitaro,” Naru says. “It is nice to know that you won't be trying to take advantage of Shinobu while you are there.”
“Never,” Keitaro replies. “She is too young for me. Like I said before I left, I am not into young girls. You can trust me on this. Bye. I have to go to dinner now.”
After Keitaro hangs up, Naru can't help but hope that for some reason, Keitaro will decide to come home early. `I really couldn't have been that bad to him, could I?' she asks herself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AN: It seems as if there is a tie between Motoko and Mutsumi. Don't worry. I haven't decided yet but I will throw in that there will be a love triangle for the next month (story wise) between the three of them. Also, if anyone knows a good website about seppuku and samurai behavior, I would appreciate it if you could tell me what it is. (Just a little foreshadowing there, hehe)