Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ MOVING FORWARD ❯ Chapter VIII ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
I ask apologies for my delay.

MY ESPECIAL THANKS TO:
Knightwolf, Twilightzekk and PockyGirl-2002 - My ProofReaders and Fellow Phoenix Souls!
Greywolf - Your help with OOCs added a lot to my story!

And to All My Readers: Thanks for the Patience Minna San! Hope you Enjoy. I may delay, but part of it is due the fact that I really wish to convey the best possible story!

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Love Hina or any of the Anime characters portrayed in this story. I only own my ideas and plot. This is a Fanfiction Work, to be taken as such!

MOVING FORWARD
By
VoidHawk

CHAPTER 8
Syrius Star System - Deep Space.
The Voidhawk wing was flying fast through hyperspace. They were still in battle configuration, as protocol demanded. However, they were flying in half-merging mode.
Antonio was deeply concerned for Kanako, but there was little he could do, especially now. They were aware of the present situation…and it was not a nice one.
I thought this would be just a practice run…and now we are in a real fighting situation!
And he remembers Kanako back on the asteroid orbit.
And what is happening with you, my dear friend?
He is concerned and rightly so.
For Kanako was not well, by far…
Kanako, piloting her fighter, was afraid. Not of fighting, but of what she saw and felt concerning her younger brother.
And she was sick to her core. She has denied herself for so long. But it was hard now…she knew that if she embraced her full abilities, she would be able to accomplish a lot…and back at the asteroid she did it a little…but when she got aware of it, she held herself again, terror in her own glowing eyes.
I AM NOT A MONSTER…I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!!
She was afraid.
She was sweating. The emotions she felt for Keitaro were heavy on her.
Otooto anata….what is happening? Why all that so suddenly? Somehow I know it was all true…but what is happening? Dammit! And I am light years away from you!
She struck the seat arm with her fist. She was feeling helpless and hated it.
I will get back to you in no time, Kei Chan! .
She was cold and sweating.
She had to get back to Earth and fast. To hell with the Goaul'd! Her little brother takes precedence.
As soon as we get back to Ariel, I am heading home!
They were near the jump point, and the Voidhawks prepare for Einsteinian Space Inception.
They all jump to the preset coordinates
And found themselves into the middle of Hell itself...
At the moment they incept into normal space, their alarms went off. Their fighters respond fast, but they cannot act instantaneously.
Antonio sees a Voidhawk above his position explode, as it was hit by multiple death gliders which were right in its flight path.
Oh my God!
It was one of his men and fellow ShinMei warrior! Gone in seconds!
- ATTENTION ALL FIGHTERS! FULL MERGE NOW! - The command link blares.
But it was already too late to save Takeshi.
They merged with their fighters completely, and could see at least 40 fighters in their flight path. At a distance, two H'Taks were visible…pounding away at Ariel, which was trying to hold its position…though the Scynthian vessel was clearly outgunned.
Death gliders were everywhere, like angry bees.
“ATTENTION ALL INCOMING FIGHTERS. HEAVY ATTACK BY GOAUL'D FORCES. RETREAT AND ADVISE CENTRAL COMMAND. ALL FTL COMM LINES ARE JAMMED…REPEAT…” It was an automated message dispersed by radio, as the tachyon lines were being jammed by the H'Taks, disabling all Faster Than Light communications.
The Ariel was taking on a lot of fire.
- “We can assist Ariel!” - Antonio listens to his Wing Commander speaking over the comm.
In the Command Fighter, Tyr'El notices that all remaining fighters except one are in full merging mode. Pilot-status readings showed weird data from this lone unmerged fighter pilot.
What?
“Red 2! What is your status? You show as not merged. Pull out if your bird is not working properly! I repeat, pull out!”
Antonio listens to the exchange, wide eyed.
Then he notices the Voidhawk below him…it darted ahead…and it was taking a lot of fire. Far too much! Antonio also notices that this Voidhawk was accelerating but not answering fire.
Red 2: Urashima Kanako's fighter.
“NOOO!!!! KANAKO!!!” He yells at the commlink, watching in horror as her fighter starts to corkscrew uncontrolled. Her defenses were overwhelmed by too much kinetic energy fire. The hull was breached…and flashed suddenly, blotting his screens.
My God…NO!!!
Antonio, trying to get closer, trusts his fighter ahead, but the death gliders were everywhere, like a wall, making him maneuver madly to avoid enemy fire.
Kanako's was the first to face a veritable execution squadron. Now a ball of light on his sensors.
Antonio and the rest of the Voidhawk wing are now fighting for their very own lives, and the death toll was going up.
As soon as Kanako's fighter reenters normal space, the alarms goes off .
And in the moment she reenters normal space she is assaulted again by imagery.
She bites hard her lips, tasting blood again, her mind full of assaulting fuzzy images and sensations:
Cold…pain…
Something important…
Again a tall, raven haired woman…hope…
Something Kei wants to say…
A sword is drawn…
Surprise…confusion…sadness…despair…be trail of his hopes…
The sword swoops high…
Utter despair…nothing matters anymore…nothing!
Oblivion
Within seconds, all those feelings and imagery came into her mind, along with the impact of the death of someone close to her.
Takeshi!
A friend and fellow warrior had met a sudden and violent death. As soon as they entered normal space, no less.
Kanako snapped, feeling a void inside her heart. It all came at once: her brother light years away, and a friend lost who was laughing with her mere hours before.
Kei Chan…Takechi Kun…
She feels a loss in both of them.
The taste of blood was still in her mouth. Strong
She doesn't care anymore. The holding back was over. She's had far too much.
Without noticing it, she pushes her fighter to dart ahead.
At this moment, her fighter's AI blurts,
ALERT - kinetic energy detected - incoming fire overwhelming primary defenses - hull integrity compromised - hull breach unavoidable -
She is like in a dream. It all seemed like a nightmare.
Her entire body was throbbing. Her eyes were glowing a bright golden hue, her pupils thin vertical slits, sharp fangs bared.
The cockpit erupts in front of her, pieces of metal flying at high speed…her suit armor not enough to stop all the pieces.
She looks at her waist: A piece of crystal is jutting from her body…blood pouring out.
Be it as it must be…
Kanako closes her eyes. Her conscious mind giving up quickly as the cabin nanobots around her try desesperately to cope with the damage, her fighter barely holding its integrity.
Kei Chan…gommen ne…
As she closes her eyes, she feels her fighter giving in. Her bodily injuries visualized very clearly in her mind.
The last defenses against her old fears fall down as she embraces fully what she has denied for so long…
Strangely, she feels somewhat relieved in the maelstrom of emotions inside her…as her long internal battle was finally over.

Earth
6 Days in the Past
Kyoto Neverland Theme Park - Sunset.
Keitaro, Tsuruko and Sachiko are moving to the gate area.
It was quite a walk. The park was such a big place, and a place nice to experience at sunset. Keitaro and Tsuruko are walking arm-in-arm as Sachiko circles around them. The little girl enjoyed her day a lot, and was now feeling a mixture of happiness and sadness.
She does wants to see her mother, but she does not want to leave her new friends…especially Keitaro.
Sachiko suddenly stops, and steps in front of Keitaro, effectively blocking their way, causing him and Tsuruko to stop. She opens her arms to Kei with pleading eyes.
“Kei Kun, please! Can you carry me the way you did yesterday?” She says, looking to him.
Keitaro looks to Tsuruko with a smile as he scratches his head. Then he bends down on one knee and looks at Sachiko, showing her a bright smile.
“Sure, anything for my young mistress!” He takes her into his arms. Sachiko was quite light, so he easily lifted her to his shoulders.
“Heheh, Sachiko Chan, looks like you really do like dangerous rides!” Jokes Keitaro, while holding her high on his shoulders.
“I'm so clumsy…could fall at any moment…” he adds.
Tsuruko observes the two,noticing the care and tenderness that Keitaro emanated. He only met the child yesterday, and they became well attached to each other. The whole time she could sense Keitaro's Ki, emanating slowly from his persona. His Ki was calm, energetic and warm. And it was steady now, surrounding them all.
He is quite an enigma, my Kei Kun! And his Ki…cannot identify it quite yet, but he feels so near to being a healer…though it is hard to believe he would not be aware of it. And even though he seems completely unaware and untrained, he is strong…at least he is strong at this very moment.
She looks watches them, quietly smiling to herself.
I can tell he likes children and knows how to handle them. Charming.
And she raises her hand to cover her lips.
Fufufu…does he know how to deal with a woman who may happen to want him at her side? Oh, silly girl! Behave! But what would be his reaction if he even realizes that soon I will be inviting him to take a bath with me at the Park's Onsen? Ffufufu.
She laughs quietly while looking at Kei and Sachiko. Keitaro soon notices this.
Well, at least I make her laugh…and she is quite charming when doing so!
Keitaro is aware that his time with Tsuruko was ending, and as the thought crossed his mind, he remembers that this may be the last time they see each other.
Ah, should I ask her out? Just the two of us? Heh, fat chance would be of her accepting such invitation…
His self-esteem as low as it's been lately was really bringing him down, but as he was with Sachiko now, he did not want to harbor such thoughts and steers away from the idea on his mind. He holds on to the feeling he was having the whole day after they met.
Despite the Park episode, and the shocking realization that Tsuruko was a Martial Arts Master, his day was full of fun and joy. And such was giving him more energy than he had felt in quite a while.
Sachiko, who was riding quietly on Keitaro's shoulders, holds firmly to him, expressing how happy she is.
They neared the Gate Area when the sun was almost disappeared over the horizon, and the red light shed by the setting Sun did gave a little melancholy to the moment for Keitaro, as it meant the time for parting ways was nearing.
Keitaro sees Sachiko's Mother, remembering her from the previous day. She was young and now displayed a happy face, a different one from yesterday, when she was worried about her little daughter.
Both Keitaro and Tsuruko gave a bow as Sachiko embraced her mother.
“Konnichiwa Tanikawa San! I hope not to have disturbed you, making you stop here now. We were going to take little Sachiko here back to you soon.” Says Keitaro to the woman, while Sachiko is in her arms.
“ It's never a bother to come for my little one! Besides, it is my way home.” She sets Sachiko down and stands up, bowing to both Keitaro and Tsuruko.
“I give my thanks to you both for taking care of my daughter here” She said as she ruffles Sachiko's hair. “I hope she was not difficult to handle” Said Ms. Tanikawa to both.
“No! Not at all! She was quite a charming little girl!” Says Tsuruko, smiling to little Sachiko.
Sachiko leaves her mother's side and approaches Keitaro. He lowers himself to her eye-level as she motions him to come down.
“Kei Kun, may I ask you something?” Says Sachiko, looking into his eyes.
“Sure, Sachiko Kun” Says Keitaro, reassuringly.
“Kei Kun, can you be my Onii Chan? I don't have a brother…and you are the brother I've always wished to have” Says Sachiko, bright eyes looking pleadingly to Keitaro, who blushes greatly at her heartfelt request.
Sachiko's mother and Tsuruko just look upon the two now, while Keitaro smiles broadly to the little girl.
Ms. Tanikawa approaches Tsuruko, whispering at her ear: “She does feel alone…we noticed this before, and she misses having a brother or a sister to play with. We encourage her to invite her school friends and such, but she is always so timid. Your boyfriend here must be someone especial, my dear” She says happily to Tsuruko, who blushes at her comment.
“Indeed, he is special!” She says to Ms. Tanikawa, looking at Keitaro.
And I am becoming very aware of that, my Kei Kun…very aware indeed.
She thought, nodding her head.
“Ok, Imouto Chan!!! From now on I have an older and an younger sister!” Says Keitaro, nodding to Sachiko, who embraces him warmly!
“Onii Chan!!! Keitaro Onii Chan!!!” She says, happiness showing clearly in her eyes. “Now don't you forget me! I want to see my Onii Chan more!” She says, jumping.
“Now now, Sachiko. Let's go. You do not want to be a bother to your Onii Chan, right?” Says her mother smiling.
Sachiko says her farewells to Keitaro, then she looks to Tsuruko, runs to her and asks her to come closer in order to whisper into her ear.
“Nee san…please take care of my Onii Chan! I saw how you acted towards him today. So I ask you to take good care of him, as you are his girlfriend!” And Sachiko bowed to Tsuruko.
Tsuruko bowed in return, blushing slightly.
Uh…oh… was I so giving up of my own thoughts? But I was not on guard today…I have not felt this way in a long time actually! It suddenly dawned on her the whole of Sachiko's words.
Oh! Girlfriend)
Her eyes went wide for a brief instant. She then grabs little Sachiko, embracing the little girl, and whispering into her ear.
“Shinpai shinai, my little friend. Your Onii Chan is a special person, and I really do care for him.”
And maybe I am discovering that I may care even more than I even thought.
Tsuruko releases Sachiko, and stands up, looking up to Keitaro, who is looking at both with a quizzical look. He was not able to listen to what they were saying.
“Sayonara, Tsuruko Nee san!” Bows Sachiko, now going to Keitaro.
“Sayonara, Onii Chan! Please, let's do this again!!!” Says Sachiko, hugging Keitaro once more.
“Sure my dear Imouto Chan!!! If your parents agree, we will do this again!”
Keitaro looks to Ms. Tanikawa.
“It was a pleasure to spend this day with Sachiko here.” Says Keitaro.
“So I see…and I am very happy she now has a loving Onii Chan to spend time with.” Bows Ms. Tanikawa, who then turned to her waiting car.
“Lets go, Sachiko dear! I promise you will see Keitaro San here again…is that not so, Keitaro San?” She says, looking to Keitaro.
“It's true! I will see you all again soon!” He says, scratching his head.
“Oho, don't leave me out so easily!” Says Tsuruko, coming to Keitaro's side, pouting.
“I expect to be with you all as well!” She says while looking at Keitaro, who gets a bit embarassed at this, waving his hands in front of her.
“Heheh, worry not! I would never let you out!”
He is actually happy to hear such a statement from Tsuruko.
The Tanikawas enter their car and Sachiko waves to them both, her eyes still bright and energetic after her fun filled day.
“Sayonara, Onii Chan! Sayonara, Onee san!” From the Park Gates, Keitaro and Tsuruko watch the car as it drives away.
Onii Chan…
Thinks Keitaro, watching the car as it goes off into the distance.
What would you have thought of that, Nee San?
And he gives a side-look at Tsuruko, who is also watching the car. Her silky, raven hair waving with the light wind, which blows against them both.
Spending a day with such a babe! You probably would be trying to hook me up with her, I bet!
Keitaro's eyes fill up with tears, remembering his Nee San. He loved Kanako and missed his talks with her. For a long time, she was the only girl he was actually able to talk to. She may have put him into awkward situations in the past but she always did it with his happiness in mind. Kanako…wherever you are, hope you are well…I miss you.
Tsuruko, her Ki surrounding them both, perceives Keitaro. She does not sense sadness as before but a more tender emotion filling up the young man at her side. You are a kind person…full of emotions…and that is really charming.
Keitaro then dries his eyes and straightens himself, arms up.
“Hummm…” and he turns to Tsuruko.
“Well, it was a very lovely day!” He said looking upward to the night sky, the stars twinkling above them.
“But it has come to its end…regrettably.” He adds, even to his own surprise.
Tsuruko looks to his eyes, grinning.
“Oh, but why? Do you intend to leave now? Am I that boring?” She says, tilting her head, pouting a bit.
“N-No, not at all!” Keitaro says, apologetically.
“I just thought you would wish to leave now. Sachiko Chan is gone…so I thought you might want to leave and rest.” He says, eyes wide.
Is she willing to stay a bit longer? Yosh!!!
Keitaro smiles without even noticing it. But Tsuruko does and she likes it.
“Ah, you see. I do not have that much free time usually…so I do like to make the most of such opportunities when they happen. And if the company is nice, even more so!” She says, wrapping her arm around his.
“Lets head back. I heard the park at night is really nice! We can walk for a bit and I actually have something to show you there as well…if you are willing to accompany me, that is…” she says at his side, already pulling him back to the park.
“But surely. I have never been to Kyoto, remember? So this is sightseeing as well.” Keitaro is blushing now
“This night is nice, so let us enjoy it!” She says, looking at the stars and the moonlit clouds above them.
So many worries and duties…and an interlude like this is so sweet and rare…
She looks back to Keitaro, who is by her side.
So strange how good it feels to be by your side, young man. I have kept myself from close contact with men in general aside people from ShinMei, and now you happen to appear, out of the blue…and catch my undivided attention. I've failed to realize the needs of my own heart. Tsuruko sighs inwardly.
You have appeared before my eyes and now I cannot look away, my dear young man..
She smiles to herself, while those thoughts swirl in her mind.
But this feeling is good, and I will not let go of it so quickly! I want to know you more. And surely this Onsen ticket in my pocket shouldn't go to waste, fufufu. She smiles broadly, and looks to Keitaro.
“But first lets go to my motorcycle, to stow this bag there” She says, playfully showing him the bag.
“Oh! Hai!” Nods Keitaro, smiling.
Tsuruko's mood was as great as she could ever remember as of late, as was Keitaro's.
Now having returned to the Park, Tsuruko and Keitaro are enjoying the Attractions, which were many, with fireworks, lightshows and such, and after enjoying themselves for a bit, Keitaro sees an Anime Theme Coffee Shop, which drew his attention due the cosplay waitresses.
“Hey Tsu Chan, would you like to have a coffee or a tea with me now?” He asks. “That place seems nice, and you like anime as well, right?” He asks, remembering the previous night.
“Sure! And yes, that Coffee Shop seems very nice! Let's go there!” and she also thought. And I can ask directions there…so after this little break…Fun!
They walked into the brightly lit Shop and found a table easily. It being a weekday, there were not many people in the park to start with.
“Tsuruko, I have to say, you live in a fine city. So many different things to see. This park included. And also very interesting people to get around as well! Thinks Keitaro, happy.
“Well, it's just a small city. Though I do love it a lot!” She says, observing the activity around them.
When the waitress took their order, Keitaro asked for a coffee, while Tsuruko asked for Earl Grey Tea. For a bit, they talked about inanities. But Keitaro was curious about some of Tsuruko's actions on that day. He was relaxed now and he wanted to talk about his experiences with her so far.
As they continued to talk, a waitress walked up and set their orders in front of them.
“You know, Tsu Chan, you impressed me in more than one way…” Says Keitaro, looking at her smiling face, while sipping from his coffee.
“Oh, I hope I've been a good company so far.” She says, mocking a worried face, eyes intent on Keitaro's , placing her cup on the table.
“Heheh, you certainly have been!” He adds, scratching his head. “You see…you told me yesterday you like anime. That alone was a surprise. But then again I also like anime, so that is something we share.” He says, and continues. “And then, you offer to accompany me on this day with Sachiko, even though you must have a very busy agenda yourself.”
Keitaro looks to the people passing by the Coffee Shop.
“But your revelation today, that you are a Martial Arts Master took me completely by surprise.” He then turned his eyes back to her. “You see, I imagined that Martial Art's Masters were all stern and serious people, with neither the time nor interest to spend a day like the one we had today.”
Keitaro's eyes glazed for a moment, his Ki darkening a bit to Tsuruko's perceptions.
“I also thought that on a situation like we witnessed today at the lakeside, you would surely go after the guy, not even waiting for a possible excuse…” Keitaro's thoughts went over the many times Motoko used her abilities to lecture him. Both Motoko and Narusegawa left a lot of impressions of their lessons. Physically speaking.
“But why would you think such things, Kei Kun?” She inquires, displaying a curious look.
“Oh, let's just say that my experience with Martial Artists thus far have lead me to such preconceptions.” He says, his mood showing his internal confusion over her actions that day.
Interesting…what kind of experiences is he referring to? She thought, interlocking her fingers to support her head while looking into Keitaro's eyes.
“When you did what you did today…I was really impressed.” And relieved! He adds mentally to his words.
“But a Martial Arts Master does have the responsibility of acting level headed and fairly, especially when situations like that present themselves.” As she is reminded of the incident. “And that kind of behavior is unacceptable!” She adds, her face darkening a bit at that memory.
“But it was a surprise! Such a great surprise, Tsu Chan!” He says, smiling at her.
“Oh, fufufu.” She brings her right hand to her mouth, laughing softly. “You flatter me, Kei Kun!”
“Just speaking the truth.” He adds.
“Well, whomever you met that made you expect such behavior, I hope this person learns the correct ways of a warrior…or this person may find himself meeting me one of these days. I really dislike those who run from their responsibilities.” She adds, looking seriously at Keitaro.
“Oh! The person I'm referring to is not a Master yet…but she is skillful, though a bit harsh on her judgments…which she is also too quick to make and that sometimes leads her to the wrong conclusions.” He adds. “Though I can see she is a very kind soul, and will learn eventually. But your own way is so different from hers…I really appreciate your position on that incident.” Adds Keitaro, thinking of Motoko.
Will you ever learn to act like this woman in front of me, Motoko Chan? I hope so, for she has the grace and bearing of a very sophisticated woman, yet with the power and bearing of a Master Warrior.
“I did nothing more than what any real Master would do. Harsh actions against someone innocent is unacceptable, and we have a responsibility in such situations.”
She looks at him, quizzically.
“Oh, but I have not scared you, I hope.” She says, looking into his eyes. “I just could not stand there watching that happen.” She adds, eyes fixed on Keitaro's.
“No no….I am impressed, just that!” And he adds. “Well, very impressed, I must add!” He says to reassure Tsuruko.
“Ah, I am happy to hear that.” She says, reclining back on her seat.
“Well, let's go? There is one more place I want to show you.” Her eyes looked to Keitaro with a certain bright enthusiasm. “…but before we leave, could you please excuse me for an instant, I need to go to the washroom. I shall return shortly.” She says, while standing up.
“I'll be waiting here, heheh…don't worry!”
Tsuruko walked to the back of the Coffee Shop, under Keitaro's observing eyes.
So graceful, yet as I saw her in action today I also know another side to her. She can be very frightening if provoked. But wow, what a woman!
Keitaro remembered his days at Hinata Sou.
Then again, Motoko and Narusegawa are quite graceful when they wish to be...but they ARE scary and violent more often. Tsuruko is different from them. As a noble Master, she does know how to listen, and to observe.
Keitaro was happy to be able to know someone quite like this Master Warrior.
On her way to the restroom, Tsuruko stops at the Coffee Shop Counter, to ask directions.
“Sumimasen sir. The Onsen, how do I get there? I happen to have tickets for it, but do not know where it is located.” She asks the gentleman behind the counter.
“Oh, it's easy…go to your left when leaving here. Then go 3 blocks down. You will see a big stone-paved way, under a high arch. That is the Onsen area. Ah, this is a very good night for a dip, if I may add, young one.” He says, looking at her.
“Hai…I do agree. Thank you very much!” She says, and goes to the bathroom.
And the man adds: “The Onsen must be quiet tonight…not so many people in the park today.”
While Tsuruko washes her hands, she observes herself at the big mirror in the bathroom. Wow…I really feel like a schoolgirl on a date. Hihihi…the whole day Sachiko was with us, and now we can really enjoy ourselves…though I have grown fond of the little one.
Tsuruko looks at her image, becoming aware of her appearance at that moment.
Oh, of all times. This is not the time to be critical of my own figure. Hahah, this is so funny! Am I even interested in him? I'm really not sure, but I do feel very good whenever I'm near him. And for now, that is what really matters.
She looks in the mirror, her face now forming a serious expression.
There is that Ki fluctuation and intensity in him…that really intrigues me. But this I can figure out as we begin to know each other better. For the time being I'm happy, and that is what counts! And he seems to be happy as well.
She straightens her hair, and smiles at her reflection.
And this Onsen gift may come in very handy…maybe I can get him to be more relaxed with me there…he seems a bit nervous sometimes…and shy, that I can tell!
Tsuruko may be young and beautiful. Even more, a very skilled and confident warrior, but she is still human. She has her own insecurities like anyone else. And those insecurities are plaguing her at this moment.
Ah, well! He seems more mature than his age…as I know he is 5 years younger than me…but then again, that is not that much of a difference, now is it? Fufufu…we are only just getting to know each other…get a grip girl!
She looks at her image with a look of embarrassment.
She sighs, drying her hands and then straightening her blouse and pants. When she was finished, she slowly walked toward the exit.
…but he is so nice to be around…I would not mind knowing him more deeply…that I would not mind at all… She thought with a sigh.
She pulls the ticket from her pocket, looking at it once more, remembering the directions given to her. She gives one last look to her reflection in the mirror.
Hey you there…hasn't it been so long since you felt this good around a man?
She smiles at herself, nodding.
Maybe it is time to give yourself a chance at something more than ShinMei Ryu…
Tsuruko then happily headed back to Keitaro.
While Tsuruko was out, Keitaro thought about his elegant companion.
Oh crap! I am such a dork! I'm with a woman like that and I can't even come up with something to impress her!
He is happy to be with Tsuruko now, but also worried…he doesn't want to be a boring, uninteresting person to be around.
Narusegawa always tells me how boring I am, stressing it out vehemently…
He scratches his head, worrying about his behavior around his companion.
Oh, what am I getting into anyway? We are just enjoying the park and some time away from her routine…she did say she wanted some time off her duties…I better not make too much of all this…or I may get into trouble.
Keitaro, ever weary due his own past experiences, does not want to mess up this chance. He wants to make something special of this situation. He suddenly has an idea. After remembering seeing anime collectibles at the Coffee Shop entrance, he calls a waitress over to his table, a cute girl dressed in a classic Cat Girl cosplay costume.
“Excuse me…how much are those collectible figures up front? That little EVA one I saw, from Ikari Shinji, is very cute.” He asks, remembering that Tsuruko likes anime, and expressed her admiration over Neon Genesis Evangelion, the original series and the recent Movie released with huge success.
He saw a very accurate cast of Shinji inside a plug-pod. Very detailed, clearly from the live-action movie version. He asks about that specific one to the waitress.
“Ah, that is very cute indeed…and not expensive either! I can add that to the Coffee bill, if you want, Sir!” And she smiles a bright smile to him.
Keitaro calls her near him, and when she bends a bit to listen to him, he tells her in a low voice… “Please, can you wrap it as a gift? Please close our bill and wrap it for me…I would like to give it to my friend.” He says, also wishing to hurry up, before Tsuruko comes back.
The waitress smiles at him.
“Sure sir, I will do it right away! And she will not even notice it comin….eh.?” The girl seems to look to a point right behind Keitaro, and she freezes, sweating…she stands fast, bowing to Kei.
“It will be done as you requested sir…if you will excuse me!”
She bows again, and turns fast, vanishing.
What the heck?
He suddenly feels a hand over his shoulder… “Have I kept you waiting too long, Kei Kun?”
After pondering about her present situation,Tsuruko leaves the restroom. Setting aside her insecurities, she goes back to their table.
As she enters the main floor, she sees a Cat Girl waitress speaking to Keitaro, speaking close to his ear as if whispering some kind of secret.
She stares, frowning.
What's this? Oh! I am with the young man, missy! She pouts, squinting her eyes.
I leave for five minutes, and now there is some girl talking to him! Gosh!
She hurries to the table, annoyed though not sure why. At least not recognizing it entirely.
As she approaches the table, and stands behind Keitaro, she glares at the young waitress. Tsuruko's stare could freeze a Supernova. The dark pools of her eyes shrank to dim points focusing on the waitress, who does not fail to notice Tsuruko's menacing stare. The girl stands fast, bows to Keitaro and made her exit quickly.
Tsuruko puts her hand on Keitaro's shoulder.
“Have I kept you waiting too long, Kei Kun?” She says in a purring voice.
He turns, to see a bright smile on her face.
“Oh, Tsu Chan! No, not at all!” Keitaro is happy with his little stunt, as he can see the waitress picking up one of the collectibles, and putting it into a box.
I hope she likes it!
Tsuruko sits down, leans back, and looks at him with inquisitive eyes.
“Have you ordered anything else?” She asks.
Ack…blunt, am I not…sheesh. For a moment, she regrets her impulsiveness, but Keitaro answers her with a bright, warm smile, shinning outward happiness with his Ki.
Oh, this is good! Indeed!
“Well, I have already requested to close our bill…and yes, the extra-order will be here along with it.” He says, still with a smile.
This made her feel very warm inside. So much so that she forgets the earlier incident.
Ah, I was overreacting…and he does not seem a guy that would cheat on anyone…eh?
She laughs at herself.
And hey, are we even dating?
Tsuruko questions herself at this, perceiving that they were not actually formally dating…yet.
The Cat Girl comes back, holding a beautifully wrapped box, and gives it to Keitaro, along with the bill. Tsuruko looks at it, baffled.
Oh, was I wrong, at least concerning the waitress here?
She frowns, looking at the box.
Keitaro pays the bill, takes the box from the waitress and stands up.
“Thank you very much!” He says to the waitress, who bows and then returns to her duties.
As Tsuruko stands up, Keitaro stands in front of her and holds the box out in front of her while bowing his head. He then spoke in a hurried voice:
“Please Tsuruko San, do accept this little gift from me! I know it is not much, but it is a token to repay your kindness as you took your time to spend this day with me and little Sachiko!” He then adds. “I know I must be a boring company to such an elegant lady like you, but please allow me to at least show my gratitude! Thank you very much.” He bows his head, arms extended, offering the box, after saying it all almost without breathing.
Tsuruko looks at the box, and at Keitaro. She feels strange inside. Warm…happy. Very happy.
It has been so long since a charming and interesting man has given me a gift for the pure wish of gratitude or a pleasant surprise…
She looks at the package in his hands.
It's been five years since I've even let someone get this close to me, let alone surprise me…
Keitaro, his usual shy self, sees the expression on her face, causing him to worry a bit. Uh, will she misinterpret this? Awww she'll refuse it, I just know it.
He feels like panicking, sweat drops form on his forehead.
But Tsuruko wraps her hands on his, and accepts the box, happily!
“Thank you, my most kind friend! But your thanks are unnecessary! I am the one who should thank you for this nice day we have spent together so far!”
She gently takes the box, and opens it in front of Keitaro, who is expectant to see her reaction.
“Hope you like it.” He says to her, while she is unwrapping the box.
As she opens it, her smile grows big, and she embraces Keitaro, who was not expecting such a reaction.
Wow… I think I'm really becoming attracted to her
While embracing him, Tsuruko's mood goes up a notch or two in terms of happiness.
Ah, my Kei Kun! This is so charming! She releases Keitaro and looks at her present. She looks at the collectible item in her hand and thinks.
I told him yesterday that I like this series...and here he goes and buys this little figure for me. Attentiveness to detail is something that does attract me…it surely does!
“I just love it!” She picks up the box and puts the figure back inside it. She then holds Keitaro's hand, pulling him with her.
“Now it's my turn to give you a little surprise…perfect to complete this day! Come, let's go, Kei Kun!” She says, excited, pulling him along.
Heheh. Wow. She's quite energetic…so different from a certain stoic Martial Arts apprentice I know…It's so refreshing to see such liveliness! Thinks Keitaro, being pulled by her from the Coffee Shop and into the street. On towards their destination they went, which was still unknown to him.
She reminds me a bit my dear Kanako Neesan…Kana is also very energetic. Smiles Keitaro looking at Tsuruko while being pulled by her…but also remembering what his sister would do if she were there; By now I would be running with a wedding tuxedo…surely, heheh. She would DEMAND that I marry Tsuruko…not that such an idea would be bad. He thought, blushing a bit.
He wanted to introduce Tsuruko to Kanako. He was sure they would go along greatly.
Tsuruk, practically dragging him, could feel his mood and the warm envelope she was in now, emanating from Keitaro. Her Ki sense perceiving the waves of warmth emanating from her young companion now.
She was happy…and in a way she had not allowed herself to be in the last five years of her life.
Not since the night she lost her parents and her newly wed husband.
The night when her life was shattered into pieces.
Keitaro was letting himself enjoy the moment. For the time being, his own expectations over the many things that were being thrown at him had changed .
He was in need of changes and that was clear to him.
He needed to redeem himself. After wasting so much time over empty dreams, this was something he was sure of.
Granted, he only met the Promised Girl this last year…but he projected his entire life on this person for so long after that fateful meeting in his tender days, that it cost him many things concerning his own interaction with the opposite sex.
He has intentionally halted himself on such matters…and that very thought scared him deeply when he realized his own situation.
The process was gradual. Narusegawa Naru slowly killed his old dreams…culminating on that scene on the bar, just 2 days ago. But now he has no option but to accept the truth and the fear of not even being suitable to even date a woman.
They were so bent on labeling him a worthless pervert.
They always judged him…used him.
To be honest however, Shinobu never did that. She emanated a childish innocence that always cheered him up. She is sweet and caring, but Keitaro was craving for more…and only now his pent up inner feelings were really beginning to surface.
He had started to believe for a time now that he could ever meet a woman without grave consequences to him.
But then, on his first day out of Hinata Sou, life had its way. He met interesting people, and a mesmerizing wonderful woman.
And this woman, at his side, was having an strong effect on him. While he might have his doubts concerning women after his time at Hinata Sou, he also knew that all people are different. And that while the girls he knows and interacted with were kind of odd, he could not generalize women.
Tsuruko was interesting. And Fun to be with.
She has not judged him. She has not labeled him. And they were laughing together!
This was all new to Urashima Keitaro. New and exciting.
But at the same time, he was starting to fear. Fear that soon they would part ways. And he did not wish that.
“Hey, Tsu-Chan…heheh….Ok, ok….I will follow you...but running like this with you will make me trip and fall.” Keitaro laughs, while Tsuruko drags him.
“Oh, I'm sorry!” She stops, also laughing. But she did not let go of him. She locks her arm with his then, walking side by side.
They were both having fun and enjoying their time together.
“Now, would you please tell me where we're going to?” Keitaro asks her.
Not that I care much, as long as we can keep being together for a while longer… He thinks, smiling.
She stops and looks at him with a lopsided smile gracing her lips. “Just a little surprise. I hope you like it.” Her smile was heartfelt and warming.
Then I can become more familiar with your Ki, my Kei kun…it is so good to experience! She thinks.
“I trust your judgment…” He says, a bit shyly, scratching his head.
“Soon we will be there!” She adds, conscious that the directions given to her were easy to follow and that they were getting close to their destination. They would soon be reaching their objective. Not that Keitaro knew what it was yet.
Fufufu…I will surely enjoy this as I hope Kei will as well!
She looks at the sky.
It has been so long…not that I have noticed it yet, to have a man at my side, one that I truly enjoy being around…so long…
Tsuruko sighs.
Have I been afraid all this time? Possibly. I was so hurt that time… Tsuruko notices her own thoughts, wandering about personal taboos, set aside for a long time now by her own will.
She looks to the young man at her side.
You, your simple and direct ways, are affecting me greatly, for me not to be afraid of dwelling into these memories now…maybe the time has come to let the past rest, and really start living for my present and future.
Her eyes were shinning.
Maybe it is time to choose something else for me…
Tsuruko, holding her own feelings and emotions over relationships to herself, was starting to feel lonely. But never before these last 2 days has she really thought about it. The weight of her past memories has been too strong as of late. But now, at Keitaro's side, she was slowly letting herself relax and enjoy. Her own defenses eroded by the simple presence of his kind and sincere soul.
Of course, I wanna know more about you…there is something more to you, of that I am aware now. But ah, it is so good to enjoy this! And if I can help you, that I will, for I sense some kind of pain here…sometimes. Along that Ki effect, there were echoes of such… Tsuruko is really wishing to spend as much time as possible with Keitaro.
The night was crystal clear. The Moon was high…only some clouds hovering high above in the sky, their surroundings lit by the soft lunar glow.
Ahh…now. Why haven't we met before? Goes Tsuruko.
She looks ahead, conscious of Keitaro staring at her.
Feh…I have not noticed before how I longed for times like these.
Little did she know that Keitaro's thoughts were along the same path at that very moment.
Would I have thought such a thing could happen, 4 days back? Hah…life can be really surprising sometimes. Keitaro looks down the path they walk, enjoying the fresh air, the scenery of the trees framing the sidewalk, and the warmth of the tall woman holding his arm. He remembers what he saw a block back, snapping his head.
“Hmm, do you want a Cotton Candy? I saw a cart back there.” He asks Tsuruko, pointing back, towards the way they came from.
“I would love it!” She answers.”
“OK! Please wait me here for a bit. I will be back in no time!” Keitaro says playfully, pointing to a bench near them.
“Hai! But do not take too long!” Says Tsuruko, sitting to wait Kaitaro, her present on her lap.
“Ok…I will be as fast as the wind!” Keitaro says, walking backwards while talking to Tsuruko, and turning fast to bolt to the cart. He was feeling energetic and happy. Tsuruko could feel the energy flowing from him in big waves.
Strange…I am usually afraid of being around women…for reasons of being clumsy or just looking dumb…but at her side I feel good…different. I like this. But then…well, I will enjoy now…and think of other things later.
He goes assuring himself, just wishing this time could last forever.
He smiles broadly and just wishes to please this woman whom he has grown so fond of. But as he turns, he does not notice a tall, muscular guy walking with another guy, a skinny and tall one.
They crash violently, falling to the ground.
“OUCH!” Yells the big one, looking to Keitaro. His visage was not nice at this moment.
“HEY YOU MORON! CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING?” The big guy yells to Keitaro, as he gets up from the ground.
Tsuruko, sensing aggression, bolts up from her seat on the bench and comes to Keitaro's aid.
“Gommennasai! I should have paid more attention.” Says Keitaro, bowing to the man.
“I don't care about your excuses, you moron!” The big one says, bolting upright, looking evily to Keitaro…a full head and a half taller than him.
“Hey Yushiro…gotta show him how to respect his betters…this was a wastefull day anyway! We might as well have fun now!” Says the skinny one, looking with an evil grin to Keitaro.
“Now, I really do not think this is necessary!” Says Tsuruko, trying to defuse the situation. I dislike this kind of attitude! Kei Kun did nothing to this man intentionally!
The big guy turns to Tsuruko, smiling another kind of smile.
“Hey, and what do we have here…what's a babe like you doing alone here at a time like this?” The big one, Yushiro, says to Tsuruko, while staring at her.
Tsuruko's eyes narrowed, showing her displeasure. She sensed the man's Ki as he showed his intentions with his stare.
Disgusting…and rude!
“I am not alone, as you perhaps might have noticed.” Says Tsuruko, her eyes cold with disgust. Her patience was wearing thin. She was already upset with the man for treating Keitaro so disrespectfully. Not to mention the disrespect he's shown towards her.
Keitaro, behind the tall guy, says: “She's with me!”
This guy could break me in two without a serious sweat. Keitaro thinks. But he should act more respectfully! It was an accident! And the way he just spoke to Tsuruko...
Keitaro shows a serious face.
I will not have it!
Yushiro just ignores Keitaro as his friend positions himself behind him.
“Are you serious! Common babe, drop the four-eyed moron! I gotta show you what a man is!” He just points back, not even looking at Keitaro.
“I already apologized for knocking you down…” Says Keitaro, while the tall guy closes his eyes, seemingly to get irritated. “So please accept my apologies and …OOFF!”
Keitaro looses his breath and goes violently to the ground, holding his stomach, after receiving a mighty back-kick from the guy. His glasses fly from his face, falling to the ground.
“I'll teach you some respect! Besides, ain't talkin' to you!” Says the man, without even looking at Keitaro. “Izumo, hold this vermin down while I talk with the babe here.”
Keitaro was trying to stand up again when the skinny one shoves him back to the ground, face down, pinning his arms while doing so. “Be quiet, punk!”
“Let me go! What are you thinking?!” And Keitaro looks at the big guy talking to Tsuruko. “ HEY Leave her ALONE!!!” He yells unable to get free.
Izumo was skinny compared to Yushiro, but he was still taller than Keitaro, and was using his weight to pin him to the ground.
Tsuruko's eyes went wide open, seeing Keitaro on the ground. “KEI!”
As she moves toward Keitaro, the big guy extends his hand, blocking her. While doing that, he grabs one of her breasts, feeling her up.
“Hey babe, we haven't finished yet. Ain't that right, Izumo?” He says looking at his skinny friend while having his way with his hand.
Feeling the man's hand on her body, groping her delicate and private area, Tsuruko snaps.
She was seething with fiery anger. A roseate tone starting to shine on her eyes.
Little did the man realize that Aoyama Tsuruko was not someone to mess with.
She may seem nice and joyful, but to take her lightly may prove very unwise, and deadly.
She was one of the deadliest warriors ShinMei Ryu ever produced. She focused her Ki, which has no match but Yumiko, and even then Tsuruko was usually considered the more violent of the two.
She was not invincible, but to face her one would have to be an awesome warrior. If not, they would pay a very high price.
She was never shy of giving in to violence if such was necessary. Anyone not aware of this could end up in a hospital bed, fast.
And by witnessing what was happening here, something else inside her also came forth…
Old memories, of not being able to help a very dear one…of feeling helpless for such inability, came into her mind now.
Kei is being held down against his will! Disrespected! My Kei Kun…he stood against a clearly stronger man…for me.
She saw Kei fall after the violent kick he received. Breathless, his face not showing fear but pain.
And that thought enraged her completely!
Her eyes became pools of eerie red light…her face turned into a frightfull one. Her Ki flow was at full strength. It was almost an automated reflex for her in such a situation. She was ablaze, poised to act…her Ki already enhancing her own natural strength and imparting the red glow to her eyes…a side effect that many have learned to fear.
The idiot's hand trespassing upon her body was the final trigger.
All conscious thought in her stopped as her body began to go into pure instinctual mode.
As the man, Yushiro, finished speaking with his friend, while enjoying touching Tsuruko, he felt something like an iron clamp grappling his wrist. He had no time to even turn, as he felt a sudden pain, and a violent jolt in his arm, as if it was being wrenched out of its socket. He noticed a tree trunk rushing into his face.
A flash…pain, total disorientation, he is on his knees as he faces the bark of the tree he had been thrown to. Dizzy. His left arm throbbing, going numb.
He could feel blood running from the bite he made to himself, when colliding with the tree trunk.
Tsuruko, using her left hand, grabbed his arm and wrenched the man's body up into the tree behind her.
The moron was not even a martial artist. Just a bully.
“HEY…what are you doing?!” The skinny one holding Keitaro was wide-eyed. He never saw his friend put out of action so quickly…and by a woman!
Oh…what was that? I am dizzy…AH…what…what is happening…it hurts! Yushiro thinks, feeling like his neck is in some wild animal's jaw when he was trying to move his arm.
He was being lifted by his neck now.
Tsuruko's rage was palpable. She was cold, and her voice was like daggers of ice, whispering into the man's ear, while holding him by his neck. He was lucky to not being able to see her face now.
“What is wrong? You are so quiet now….I thought you said something about keeping me company.” Her sneer was frightening.
She tightens a bit her grip on him.
“Perhaps you are not pleased with my company?” She holds his face against the tree. Her rage was not subsiding.
“Leggo…” He says feebly, dizziness still strong after being thrown to the tree. His arm was in fire now, after being almost wrenched out of its socket by Tsuruko.
“Ah, but did you not want to feel me? To feel my body? Touch me? Violate me?!” She says, her voice cold as the Antarctic yet molten with fiery fury.
Keitaro watched all this with wide eyes. He was used to the feeling of violence from Narusegawa's hands. And in an age where telekinetics, Ki and such were widely accepted (He knew that Narusegawa's own punches were somewhat powered by such…some had it without really having full control, whereas Motoko had a great control, though she needed to use her katana to focus her energy) he knew how Tsuruko could be doing what he was witnessing.
…And the guy touched her breast! He also remembered, with anger along such thought.
Her reaction... She moved like a tiger!
A true Master… He thinks, still trying to get free from Izumo's grip. That's what it means to be a true Master? He wonders.
He did not know then that most of the anger he could see on her face, and the violence she was demonstrating, was due the simple fact that he had been wronged.
“Hey, you! Let him go or your friend may get hurt!” The skinny one says, pulling Keitaro's arm further back.
“Ah, stop!” Keitaro says, still unable to get free.
Jeez…how pathetic! Tsuruko bodily throws a guy bigger than her into a tree after his rudeness towards her, and I am here unable to even move! Keitaro tries harder to get free, angering the guy holding him.
“Be quiet, or I'll break your arm!” He says, hissing.
Keitaro paid no attention, trying to get free, to no avail. He was tired of being treated like this, but the problem was that the man holding him was stronger, and had already immobilized him for good.
Tsuruko, still emanating pure rage, feels Keitaro even across the distance they were (about 3 meters...a mere jump for her at her present state…).
Kei Kun! Please stop! He will hurt you!
She looks at the skinny guy and at Keitaro, and her eyes became slits of red light.
She holds Yushiro's head near.
“…please…leggo…it hurts…please!” The guy says, now pleading in a ragged voice. His arm was useless, and his neck was on fire as well now, her grip like an iron talon holding his head.
“Endure it like a man, you pathetic wretch!” Her face was reflecting her anger, eyes on red fire, voice cold. “Haven't you said you were one? The man being held down by your lacky is more a man than you could EVER expect to be! Besides…” She says, while pulling his head back, looking at the skinny one over Keitaro while doing so. “…I have not finished with you yet!”
Yushiro feels a fast motion.
Oh please….make this stop! It's a frigging nightmare… thinks the man, unable to escape her grip, cold sweat running through his back.
Then the big bully sees a flash of white light, as Tsuruko sends him to oblivion by banging his head to the tree, letting him fall to his knees again.
She did it without even looking at the bully she sent to oblivion, her eyes focused on the skinny man. “Let him go now…” Her eyes were conveying a cold message, a promise of violence, to the man, who starts to sweat.
She was like a predator going for its pray.
“Keep away! I mean it!” Pulling Keitaro's arm a notch up, making him wince.
She says nothing, just moves fast, jumping.
She kicks the man's head back, making him release Keitaro instantly, literally flying out of Kei's body. On the same movement she spreads her legs, stopping over Keitaro, who was sprawled to the ground, flexing her knees a bit, lowering herself, a light touch on Keitaro's back with her left hand while the right arm was pointing back, like it was holding a katana.
Her body instinctively positioning itself to protect a downed fellow warrior. She could then protect him, be it with her Ki field or with a katana.
Lucky you, moron, that you are not holding a weapon…or I would crush you where you are now! Thinks Tsuruko, feeling her Ki flowing, ready to be used.
These were bullies. Whereas she would increase her physical strength with her Ki, she would not overdo it. It would be shameful to do so. The temptation was there, but she kept her control.
Keitaro, suddenly feels his arms being released, and the weight over his body being taken away, at the same time as a light touch on his lower back was being applied.
What now? He pulls his arms to stand up, and feels his hands touching leather, on both his sides.
He opens his eyes, and feels a presence over him. He looks at his right side, and sees Tsuruko's boot.
Huh…OH…00…!
He looks up back, and sees her, towering over him, legs spread and a bit flexed, looking to the other guy now sprawled on the ground 2 meters away.
She was almost crouching over him, supporting herself with her left arm.
She perceives Keitaro looking at her, after touching her legs. Her position over him not being the most gracious for a woman.
She bows her head to look back between her legs, to see Keitaro's face, her hair falling down while doing so. Her eyes were still on fire while looking at him, the impression accentuated by the darker shade her hair was giving to her face now.
But she then says with the warm tone he was getting used to.
“Heh, lucky me I'm not wearing a skirt neh? ”
She winks at him, smiling mischievously; her comment contrasting with her raging and menacing Ki red glowing eyes.
Keitaro blushes at this.
Tsuruko then jumps again high, turning fast in mid-air and landing a meter near the bruised man, who is trying to stand up after being thrown back by her kick.
“What are you?!” Fear in his eyes and a bruise easily noted on his forehead.
“Just an upset woman…and not a very forgiving one at this very moment!” Moving over him step by little step.
He bolts up, running away.
“Humpf!” Tsuruko huffed as she watched the coward run. She then runs back to Keitaro, who is trying to stand up. She could see he was not injured…but his Ki was again knotted around him. Yet he seemed in pain
That kick, it was mighty strong…he could be more hurt than it seems! She thinks, worried. He should have seen the guy was much stronger than him!
She stops next to him, kneeling at his side, while he leans back holding his stomach.
Huh…that kick did hurt! He thinks, while he perceives Tsuruko at his side, kneeling and holding his left arm.
“Kei kun? Are you ok?” She asks, helping him up, a worried tone on her voice.
“Ah…yes.” He stands up, straightening his clothing. He moves to get his glasses from the ground, putting them back after checking if they were ok.
“Heh, you see? I'm used to being tossed around…what would it be to gain a scratch or too more? I'm ok.” He says, his mind reeling.
His dream coming to his mind again: …you think a woman like that would be with you? Those words echoing in his mind now from his nightmare that morning.
Tsuruko grabs his arms, looking him straight in the eyes…her own still with the eerie Ki red glow.
“KEITARO NO BAKA! That moron could have hurt you seriously…haven't you seen his apparent strength?!” She was upset….not with him, but with the possibility of him getting hurt.
Keitaro looks her in the eyes. They were brightly red… Wow…she is upset…but different from moments ago…yet she can be very frightening.
Heh…it seems a consensus among girls, me upsetting them.
His smile was not happy.
“I just wanted to help you…and I couldn't just let that guy treat you like that! But in the end you were the one who helped me…gommen ne.” He adds, without much life.
Tsuruko feels his change of mood, and looks at the bully, now holding the tree trunk…still unable to move.
She regrets her outburst in Kei's presence. But she got worried with the possibility of seeing him hurt.
You! She thinks, seething once more. Why have you crossed our path here? Why?! She clenches her hands after letting Kei go, her eyes glowing deep red again.
She motions to the man's direction, but Keitaro holds her arm. She is angry again…I can sense it! My, she could seriously hurt that guy there!
“Tsuruko San, please. Let him go. I think you already taught him some useful lessons.” His eyes somewhat sad and with some fear as well. if she thinks I am out of my way trying to stop her here I am finished…but she can get into trouble if she hurts that man! Not worth it, Tsu chan!
She looks at him, pools of crimson fire piercing Keitaro.
You could wish revenge…but you choose not to. You stand up for me, even knowing you have no physical chance against that moron… She thinks, looking at him, and also not failing to notice him calling her Tsuruko San again.
I will NOT let this spoil our night! She sets her face on a serious look, nodding to Keitaro, consciously letting go of her building Ki.
“Ok…but only if you stop calling me Tsuruko San!” She smiles at him. “It is the second time today…it makes me sad to hear you addressing me so formally…” She adds, pouting.
She saw he was ok. Just a bit of dirt on his clothing, but no injuries. But his Ki was too revealing for her.
She looks at the big bully, holding the tree trunk where she left him. You are a lucky moron…if he was injured I might not have held back so much here…
But yet…some wounds are not easily seen, and not always physical. She looks to Keitaro, wishing these latest events could be erased completely.
“Kei Kun…you said something about Cotton Candy…may I still have one?” She asks, looking him in the eyes again, the Ki effect gone now. “Please forgive my words and actions just now…it is just that I do not wish to see you hurt.” She adds, a soft tone to her voice.
Keitaro looks at her. “I am the one to ask apologies, as I was not able to stand up for you…” Then he adds, masking smile on his features. “I will get the Cotton Candy…that I can do now.” His smile was beautiful to Tsuruko, but she was too much aware of him already You hide it well, my Kei kun…but I am not easily fooled He turns and leaves to fetch the Candy.
She watches him go to the point just around the corner they came from, where the cart was.
Nor will I give up easily! Not with you now at least!
As he turns the alley, she sighs and turns, approaching the bully again.
Oh, nonono…please…just let me go… He was shaking, cold sweat covering his whole body.
“Please…enough…” The guy says meekly, whimpering, not looking at her.
“You better pray that my night, and his night, is unspoiled…or you better vanish from this town.”
Her tone and eyes were cold. “Now stand up and get away from here!” Then she adds frostily: “And be very thankful HE asked me to stop…”
She bends to his ears, making his shaking worsen.
She adds in a low, cold voice, her eyes taking a rosy shade: “Because I was NOT finished with you yet.”
She stands straight, hands on her hips: “NOW GO!”
He staggers, and after tentatively standing up, moves slowly away, not even looking back. He was scared, very scared.
Tsuruko goes to the bench she was before, and sits to wait Keitaro. She picks up the box containing her present, as she left it at the bench when the mess started, holding it to her chest.
Sorry Kei Kun…for not being fast enough…but I am now even more intent on having a good time with you! Tsuruko is sad with the incident, but is ready to make up for it.
She has always been the stubborn one.
Keitaro turns the corner, and stops, leaning to the wall, in order to collect himself.
What was all that now…why? Keitaro was frustrated with all that happened. He holds his stomach.
I was all happy…and enjoying the moment. And after this, she must think I am some nice piece of nothing! He sighs, but straightening himself, he sets a more firm face. Well, I am not even a student of martial arts…though Kanako Neesan did try to teach me a bit.
I wish I could have been able to stand up for her back there. He looks at his hands, clenching his fists. But I ended up pinned to the ground. Useless!
He carries to the cart. The park is really empty, devoid of people at this time. Just scattered visitors could be seen.
Lucky me to find this! The smiles to the cart he sees up ahead.
I wanted to impress her. But for what? We just met. It's been wonderful today, at least up to now. But this simple incident brings to my attention our positions here He keeps on.
…Maybe Narusegawa and Motoko are right. But one day I will be ready to meet someone like Tsuruko. Keitaro's steps become slow, his head down.
But it aches…to think about her now…why? I can't be interested in her. Just…can't! He tries to reason his feelings out now. But sometimes, time is not required to make someone fall for another one.
Keitaro was becoming, little by little, more enrapt by the woman at his side.
But I can't forget what I already know…besides, why a woman like her, a Martial Arts Master, older than me and with such beauty, would want me? Heh, I should just enjoy what I am having now! I must keep this in mind!
He looks up, raising his right fist to himself. I promised Haruka I would be fine! So I will be!
He firms his steps, and goes to the cart, to get back to Tsuruko as fast as possible. Whatever she may think of me, I will try to be a good company for her till the end of our night here. She already did a lot today!
Keitaro sets a serious look, trying to dodge the ache starting to grow inside his heart. He remembers how the girls at Hinata Sou, at least two of them, treated him since the very first day they set eyes upon him. How they continuously point that they thought of him as a slacker, a lecher and a useless man.
Whereas this was not helping his own mood, he was set to prove that, if he was not a fighter, he was at least a polite person.
End Chapter 8

Soon now Chapter 9 - Look into my profile for info