Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The Memory of Love ❯ Proogue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: Negima and Love Hina are the works of Ken Akamatsu.

Summary: Begins from Love Hina vol. 14. Keitaro finally marries to Narusegawa. But, there's a problem for him. The life in Hinata Sou, and with friends has been a dream created by someone else. Fortunately, he remembers everything about the dream and the truth of promise. There, he begins the similar life in the reality. But what's worse? His real life isn't just going to allow him to continue the way he knows.

The Memory of Love

Prologue

Urashima Keitaro was standing in front of a mirror looking at how he was dressed. At this time, no one was with him, not even his pet, Tama the hot spring turtle. He was alone in his room. Keitaro looked outside of his dorm only to find his friends were there. as he saw, he sighed for his own good. His friends were outside enjoying the day, chatting amongst themselves and working together, and they have been his friends for a very long time. But still, they didn't come to him.

'Promise and the girl.' Keitaro thought to himself as he sighed. He knew what the date was today and what event was on. It was his wedding day with the promised girl named Narusegawa Naru. He remembered that he asked a young girl to meet in Tokyo U when he was only five years old.

“Sempai, it's me.” A knock was heard when he heard someone's voice as well. without even opening the door, he knew who it was. it wasn't a surprise to Keitaro despite recognizing the soft and quiet footsteps that there was only one girl who walked like this person. Keitaro smiled as he allowed her to come in after putting his glasses back on. There was nothing wrong with it, but he didn't like to not recognized by people he knew well. without the glasses, Keitaro looked very young compared to his actual age. only a few were able to recognize Keitaro without the glasses. a few meant really a few; even Keitaro himself didn't recognize his look sometimes.

It was Shinobu who came into his room. But, she wasn't alone. There was a red haired girl behind her, and Keitaro wasn't expecting the guest at the moment. Since, Keitaro wasn't expecting anybody, it was needless to say that he didn't know this girl. Shinobu introduced the guest to him and he did his to the guest. Hearing about the guest, Keitaro felt it was unfair for him to know that Narusegawa Naru didn't tell him about her having a stepsister. On the other hand, it wasn't really unfair but fair enough since he didn't tell her about his stepsister named Kanako before leaving Japan either. As a matter of fact, he wasn't concerned with the fact. What he was concerned with was the reason for Naru's step sister being here and sharing a conversation with him. He realized that she wasn't the end as a visitor, he guessed there were more to be met and talked since he was going to marry their daughter.

At this moment, he felt awkward to say marry Narusegawa Naru. Somehow, it wasn't a reality for Keitaro.

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
“... JOVIS TEMPESTAS FULGURIENS!” A young man with reddish hair shouted a spell that displayed lightening magic. The magic rushed with an enormous speed and power directly right into a target. The target, which was four armed and two faced demon was hit by the attack. In fact, it wasn't very effective.

“Nagi! Don't do it, it's too powerful for him!” Another man with a long sword shouted as he grabbed the magic user's magical staff holding arm. The tall Japanese knew something about the demon that Nagi didn't know. He pointed his finger right at the demon's forehead. There, Nagi saw something he didn't notice and expected.

There was a child on the demon's forehead. Half of the child's body was absorbed into the demon only to be connected by two of them into one creature. In this stage, both of them shared everything. Therefore, the demon was immortal and fast healer due to the child's mysterious energy. Still, the demon would get pain from the attacks. Then again, it was needless to say that the child was going to share pain as well.

“How dare you,... DEMETODIOS TUUKCOS!” The child shouted a magic spell after a few seconds from the attack. Although it was spelled by the child, the attack was made from the demon. Fortunately, two fighters were quick enough to move away from the attack. Still, they weren't lucky enough. When the magic hit the ground, they didn't calculate the possible chance of getting hit by the debris. Fortunately, it wasn't serious for them to stand up again.

“Damn it, the power's getting stronger every minute!” the tall Japanese man dropped the sword as he used a talisman to heal the wounds. Meanwhile, Nagi was preparing the next move. However, the next move he made turned out to be useless since the child used a chi to make the magic attack turn against the use.

Until now, they knew the situation pretty well. However, it was just the way they thought for their ways and how well they accepted it. For Nagi's japanese friend, Eishun to see, it was different from Nagi. As a director of the Kansai Magic Association, he was thinking that someone from his members unsealed the Ryoumen Sukana no Kami when the child was accidentally playing around the area. However, Nagi was the one who was thinking the closest to the truth at the point. To his view, it was the child's trembling memory and emotion that gave the demon strength to break a seal. In fact, they knew what the result was like.

Since the child was controlled by the demon while giving the advantage to stand still from all the attacks, the demon was giving something to him as a trade. And Nagi knew what the trade was, or he guessed it. It was the eternal life. The child would still have a soul, strength and memory, but they were now belonged to the demon. In exchange, the demon gave the child a world that was created just perfect for him. And since it was a trade, the demon would become stronger each time as the child lived in the created world longer. And when the child dies in the virtual word, it would mean the demon having a successful control over the child's body only to become the child with the demon's soul. Nagi, knowing what would happen, didn't like the idea.

“Damn it! I won't allow this to happen! especially my family.”

“Nagi, I have a few other tricks in my sleeve! It'll save Kei-kun.”

“Well, then use them!”

“Alright, you get its attention!”

“I'm on!”

------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
“Hello, there.” Keitaro was walking down the hallway when he heard a child's voice from nowhere. He was confused to hear it since there was no one around him. “Remember me, Kei-kun?”
Finding no one and speakers around him, he was surprised. “Who are you?”

Keitaro thought it was just an illusion since he couldn't hear the response. He decided to ignore it when he waited for two minutes without hearing any words.

“Kei-kun!” Then, he heard a voice. Only this time, the voice was familiar, which he hadn't heard for many years.

As soon as he heard a voice, something was beginning to happen. And it wasn't just one thing. It was everything. Even before ten minutes, everything was gone. Almost everything was absorbed into the dark cloud. There was only Keitaro in the disappeared world. At this moment, his body was floating in air, which was supposed to be a wooden floor in the beginning.

“Kei-kun!” The voice was heard again. At this time, he felt a tremendous pain from the heart. Fortunately, it didn't last long. However, Keitaro didn't have the strength to handle the effect after the temporary pain, only to allow himself to be absorbed into the darkness.

”Wake up, Kei-kun. They are waiting for you to wake up.” After Keitaro to be absorbed into the darkness, a girl's voice was heard into an echo only to be softer and lost. Later, the girl showed herself into the isolated place in a soul state. Then, she disappeared into the darkness as well.

...
...
...

Urashima Keitaro and the child were standing in the air facing each other. Soon, Keitaro was able to feel the child getting absorbed into his body. He was just standing there doing nothing to stop it. When the child was gone, he could feel the energy in him vanishing as it was coming out of his body in a form of gas. This too, he did nothing to stop it.

Keitaro was dreaming. No one was there, but only the darkness remained. He looked everywhere to find nay clue where he was. Still, nothing was able to be found. It was later when he heard voices from nowhere.

“Do you think he's fine, Moe-chan?” the man's voice was heard.

“What do you expect from me? Ryoumen Sukana no Kami has been defeated. And Kei-kun is here safely.” A girl's voice was heard.

“That's right. Sukana's been sealed again. The demon lost control over him. And, yes. He's fine. Nagi.” another man's voice was heard.

“Now, now. Nagi-kun. My grandson may be defeated and knocked out, but do not worry about it, for he is Albireo-kun's well trained disciple and being a stepbrother to you, there'll be no more worries. Besides, he is born to the Urashima Clan.”


------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------
Author’s Comments
For readers who don't have any clues who is Albireo, he is Nagi Springfield's friend who participated in Magic War with him.

He controls the gravity(That's what I think.). Plus, he might be a Eastern fighter who knows how to make a clone of himself just like a ninja. Why Keitaro is his disciple?

Well, that is a wild guess. I found a few similarities between him and Keitaro. One of them is, both of them are perverted(?) - well, you can ignore this. The other is that since Albireo is just like a ninja(for making a clone.), and Keitaro is born to ninja family. The evidences are the customs that the crippled Keitaro wearing at the battle between Motoko's sister. Also, the secret passages of Hinata Sou.

The second, why Nagi is a stepbrother to Keitaro? Nagi has been adopted to Keitaro's parents even before Keitaro was born. I suggests that Nagi's parents became missing. As a matter of fact, Nagi doesn't show up in the Love Hina manga. It's because he became missing around the time when Kanako was adopted. Therefore, Kanako doesn't know much about Nagi.

Well, then. Until next time!