Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The Wall that Naru Built ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Love Hina or anything else mentioned in this story.

The Wall that Naru Built

Chapter one

Building The Wall


“Keitaro, you pervert!” Naru yelled as she wound her fist for another Naru punch which sent him flying through the roof and into the wild blue yonder.

He tried to apologize. He tried to say it wasn’t his fault but no one listened to him. Anyone who witnessed it could see he just tripped and fell but these girls couldn’t see the truth in that.

Were they really that blind or did they presume that it was done on purpose? Or maybe they knew the truth but refused to acknowledge the truth for what it was? Each of the girls except for Shinobu had all caused pain for Keitaro and they didn’t seem to know that it was painful when they did the things that they did.

That the kick to the head really hurt him and he didn’t see it as a greeting but just for what it was. . . pain.

Or that Kitsune’s blackmailing him for money or for whatever she may have wanted was also painful and not seen as just a friendly joke.

Or when Motoko attacks Keitaro for some offense but as everyone else can see. she is the only one doing something wrong but none of the girls could see it for what it was or they turned a blind eye to it or some of the girls were simply afraid to show what they did for what it was.

All of those things that those girls did was painful but none of it compared to the vicious assault by one girl named Naru Narusewega. Her unrelenting beatings were bad enough but unlike the others she claimed to have loved him or at least that what he thought that she loved him. One moment, it would seem that she loved him dearly but what person would beat up and assault the person they loved for such ridiculous reasons. She would hurt him physical and mentally and that ripped him apart but it seemed as if he would just bounce back as if nothing had happened but inside it was much different.

For every hit that she gave him and for every insult upon his character he would add one more brick to the wall. One more brick that would protect his heart, his mind, and his body from such insults and beatings. Once the wall was built, nothing could ever penetrate its stone like exterior to hurt him ever again. She didn’t knew or she didn’t care that inside this innocent man was a broken heart. A pure and innocent heart that was being trampled on and broken by her senseless violence and insults.

When he came back to the Hinata Sou this time, he was different. He wasn’t smiling as if nothing had happen. He walked right up to her and said four words.

“I have had enough. . . “Keitaro said coldly without any feeling of any kind.

“What did you have enough of, you stupid idiot.” Naru replied back with the same venom in her voice that she had earlier when he merely tripped and fell on top of her accidently.

“I have had enough of you! It’s over!” Keitaro yelled with pure anger and rage something that nobody has ever seen before. He ran into his room and slid the door shut by slamming it as hard as he could.

He didn’t want to see anyone for now as he wanted to make it known to her how wrong she was.

What could he do to express his newfound anger and rage at this girl to get her to see her actions for what they were. Could he yell at her?

No. She was apparently too thick headed and stubborn for that and she would simply respond with her fists and mouth. Could he hit her?

NO! He would never want to become the monster that he saw Naru as and even though he was angry with her. He didn’t want to become any lesser of a man because he felt that a man who hits a woman isn’t a real man. There was only one way he could respond to her stupidity. The one thing that she couldn’t respond to with her mouth or her fists. He would. . .

He would. . .

He would stop speaking to her. That wouldn’t be enough on its own. He wouldn’t speak to her. He wouldn’t acknowledge her. He wouldn’t speak of her. He would walk right into her because in his mind she no longer existed. She would see how it felt that the man that she supposedly loved would remove her from his mind, his heart and his reality and he did just that.

As the days and weeks went on, the other girls started to notice his reactions to Naru or lack of them. Any time that Naru tried to apologize for her actions or simply to speak to him. He acted as if she wasn’t there.

Maybe the love that Keitaro had for Naru was gone. Maybe she went too far and now she had blown the one chance that she would have had to be with a person who had such a heart of gold.

As they sat in their rooms night after night, their own feelings came into their minds. They each had secrets that they want to reveal. They each had confessions that they wanted to reveal to Keitaro. Their hidden pain of hiding them for so long but now with Keitaro being the first to reveal his true feelings. They could no longer hide it any more.

They would bare their heart and soul to him and then maybe the wall that Naru built could be broken by their confessions. By showing him how each of them really feels for Keitaro.

Could the girls break the wall and bring Keitaro back from the darkness or was the wall that Naru built too hard to be broken by anything?

They would try their best. But will they succeed? All I will say is that secrets will be revealed. . . confessions will be made. . . and hearts broken. But what does Keitaro think of Naru now? Well no words could explain it but this song will say what needs to be said.

When I pretend

Everyone is what I want them to be

You looked exactly like what I always wanted you to be

When I pretend

Forget about the monster that I am

breaking heart after heart just cause I know that I can

But I keep telling you that this is the way it should be I’m just

Trying to break your heart

I just keep pretending I’m who you want me to be so I’m

Ripping them away from YOU!

( no, never doing it again)

I want to just hurt you again, so let me do it

( no, never doing it again)

Let me break your heart again

I’d rather you be, all alone!

( no, never doing it again

Anywhere without you there cause I can see

no, never doing it again

The very worst thing I did was

TRUST YOU!)

(I remember what you taught to me

Remember the condescending bull shit

of who I need to be

Remember listening to all of that crap,

and this shit again,

so I pretended up a person who was happy and content

and now they thought this person

really is me and I’m

trying to bend the truth

The more I lie

The more I’m dying inside

cause I’m

lying my way from them!)

no, never let you do it ever

(I wanna be left alone, so let me go)

no, never let you do it ever

(Let me take back my heart)

(I’d rather you be, all alone)

no, never let you do it ever

(And anywhere without you there, cause I can see!)

no, never let you do it ever

(The very worst thing that I did was. . .


The very worst thing that I did was. . .

TRUST YOU)

This isn’t what I wanted us to be,

I never thought that what I said,

would have you thinking like this

(BULL SHIT!)

This isn’t what I wanted us to be,

I never thought that what I said,

would have you feeling like this

(BULL SHIT!)

This isn’t what I wanted us to be,

I never thought that what I said,

would have you hating me like this

(GET LOST!)

This isn’t what I wanted us to be,

I never thought that what I said,

would have me hating myself

LIKE THIS

NARU!

(I wanna be left alone, so let me go)

no, never let you do it ever

(Let me take back my heart)

(I’d rather you be, all alone)

no, never let you do it ever

(And anywhere without you there, cause I can see!)

no, never let you do it ever

(The very worst thing that I did was. . .


The very worst thing that I did was. . .

TRUST YOU)


A/N you may have noticed there is almost no dialogue in this story. This was inspired by the wall not the music cd but the DVD movie which told a story with only music and imagery and with almost no dialogue. It is one of the best music videos ever made and a must see especially for any Pink Floyd fans. Each chapter will feature a rewritten linkin park song with each chapter.