Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Third Crowd ❯ Chapter 5: " Getting close" ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Third Crowd

Disclaimer: I don't own Love Hina. Shinobu is 14 and she has a crush on Keitaro. She's a good cook she'll be a good wife someday.

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\ =\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=

=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4 =4=4=4=4=4

Flash Back: Chapter 4

Su found a trap door on the floor and asks or persuades Keitaro to go down and investigate. After a few motivation Keitaro goes down to investigate the hole. To everybody's astonishment Keitaro found Sato down there working on something. Sato revealed his work to the group and it surprised them even more. Sato's new creation N.E.O., an organoid, is welcomed to the gang and she starts to charm everyone around her even though she's a robot.

=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4=4 =4=4=4=4=4

=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5 =5=5=5=5=5

Chapter 5: " Getting close"

=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5=5 =5=5=5=5=5

Dining Room: ( 7:10 am)

N.E.O. starts the next morning by preparing breakfast; still unfamiliar with cooking she tries her best to please the group. She may do her best but she still needs to learn a few more things. The breakfast she prepared was a little off course, This means she tried to make pancakes but using flour instead of the pancake mix. She fried eggs a little too much which made the eggs burned enough to use them as charcoal and a few more things that are not far from being a failure.

" Gomenasai…" N.E.O. keeps bowing her head apologizing to the gang.

" That's okay, at least no one was sent to the hospital due to stomach pain" Rem said pointing at Keitaro who was lying on the ground looking ill.

" Waaah, Gomen Gomen Gomen" N.E.O. bows more this time almost in tears.

" Don't worry about me, I'm okay…"

Keitaro said trying to recover from eating all of N.E.O.'s cooking.

" You should have not eaten all that food just to cheer N.E.O. up" Naru growled kicking Keitaro's head.

" Hehehe, It's not that bad."

" Hey Keitaro if you die can I have your photo album? ^_^"

" Waaaaah! I'm not going to die! *_* "

" Right, T_T anyway, N.E.O. I know you're trying hard to meet up with your purpose but you are still inexperienced with a lot of things and that can't be helped. All I can say is We'll help you learn how to do things right, we will help you in cooking, washing clothes everything and I know this is what the others want too."

Rem puts his hand on N.E.O.'s head and smiles

" Yeah we'll be glad to teach N.E.O. everything we can ^_^" Su jumps on Sato's back and gives a peace sign.

" That would be for the best I guess, That will prevent this from happening again." Motoko points at Keitaro who is being comforted by Mutsumi.

N.E.O. now in tears bows her head one last time and…

" Thank You, Everyone"

" Heh, What are friends for?" Rem scratches his cheek and looks the other way.

" Yeah, so if you can lend me some money… ^_~"

" Eh?"

" Kitsune, what made you think you can borrow money from her?" Naru apprehends Kitsune.

" Well it's worth a try…^_~"

" Okay, it's a little late after breakfast but I'll try to prepare another one…" Shinobu said.

" ALRIGHT!" Sato and Su shouted jumping around the dining room.

" Umm N.E.O.-Chan? Why don't you help me?"

" Huh? O-Okay."

Shinobu and N.E.O. make another breakfast for the gang this time the food is edible. Shinobu also took the opportunity to teach N.E.O. how to cook properly. After breakfast the gang return to their daily activities. Sato is taking care of his vegetable garden together with Mutsumi; Su is on top of a tree watching Sato and Mutsumi. Keitaro and Naru went out to take care of school matters. Yaite drinks with Kitsune in the living room. Shinobu, N.E.O. and Sarah take care of washing the laundry.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hinata Balcony: ( 8:12 am)

Motoko is at the balcony practicing her sword skills. Rem appears climbing the stairs where Motoko was practicing and was surprised to see Motoko was already there. Motoko stops to look who was there, When she saw it was Rem she continued her training. Rem walks towards Motoko carrying his sword. Rem rests his elbow on the on the post near Motoko and watches her practice. This made Motoko irritated and confronted Rem.

" What do you want?" Motoko said suddenly.

Rem looks at Motoko and said…

" Hmm? Nothing's wrong I was just watching you practice."

Rem's stare was piercing through Motoko and she feels something inside that tells her to look away. But Rem's deep blue eyes were fixed at Motoko and she feels his stare even if she's not looking.

" I-I'm not used to someone watching me practice."

Motoko swings her sword a few times

" Oh, is that so…"

Rem continues to stare at Motoko looking especially at her emerald green eyes. Motoko tries not to have an eye contact with Rem because of some feeling inside her. Something she never felt in a very long time. Motoko stops swinging her sword and walks away from Rem.

" Hmm? You're done?"

Motoko turns her head towards Rem and responded.

" I told you that I'm not used to someone watching me practice so I'll stop for now." Motoko starts to walk back at the inn but Rem's words somehow stopped her.

" Then maybe you can stay for a while and talk?"

Motoko didn't feel like talking but something made her stay and talk with Rem. Motoko walks back to Rem and stayed a few feet away from Rem.

" What do you want to talk about?"

" I don't know."

Motoko turns to Rem looking really frustrated and…

" Then why did you…"

Before Motoko can finish her sentence, she finds herself looking at Rem again, with Rem looking back at her. Motoko looks at the other way with blush on her cheeks.

" What? Is something wrong?" Rem moves closer to Motoko.

Motoko steps back and stopped Rem from moving any closer.

" N-nothing"

Motoko regains composure and calms herself down. Rem just smiled and looked at

the sky. Somehow he knew Motoko was not used to being stared at. (Who would be?) After a few moments of silence Motoko starts a conversation.

" Shingora, where did you learn your sword technique?"

" Hmm? Of all the things we could talk about you bring that subject up?"

Motoko blushed even redder this time and tried to reason out.

" Well, I'm just interested with it…and"

Motoko then catches another glimpse of Rem's eyes when she looked at him.

/ Why am I feeling this way? Why do I get the feeling I know him? /

"Motoko?"

/ When I look into his eyes something stirs up inside me. /

" He-ey Motoko?"

/ I know I've seen those eyes before /

" Hey! Earth to Motoko!"

Motoko was interrupted from her deep thought and remembered she was talking to Rem.

" Huh? Oh sorry…"

" Hehe, You were thinking of something?"

" Yeah…"

" So will you tell me?"

" Hmm? About what?"

" About you…"

" Eh? I thought it was about my sword technique?"

Motoko blushes the brightest this time and shouts…

" So? Will you answer me or not?"

Rem was quiet for a moment and started…

" Very well, Sometime ago when I was about 12 my father and I came across a place somewhere in Japan and he set up to stay there for a while. He tried to get a job to make some money so we can continue on our journey. He became a part time sword instructor in a dojo. At that time there was a wedding, of someone who was suppose to be the leader of the dojo…"

This made Motoko remember the boy she met before. She remembered she met him during her sister's wedding. She listens intently to Rem's story and waits for what happened next.

" I really did not care about the wedding but my father insisted on me coming to the wedding. He was working at the dojo and was invited too. Then I wandered at the dojo and came across a big tree. I saw a little girl below it crying."

Now Motoko was certain that the boy she met and Rem were one and the same. But she did not say a word and continued to listen to Rem's story. She is starting to feel like crying any moment but she held it inside her and listened.

" The girl was crying and I was moved and walked towards her. I asked her what's wrong. Then she just looked up and cried even more. I kneeled down and said, don't cry, Then she told me what happened. Her sister was the one who got married and she was moving out of the dojo. And the girl was left all alone. At that time she was embracing a sword, she said her sister gave it to her before she left. I felt sad for her; I know the feeling of being left behind so I tried to comfort her a little. I said if she want, I can be her big brother and would stay with her. I said this because I thought we were going to stay there for a long time but it turned out my father was only planning to stay for less than two days. I didn't expect her to go along my suggestion but she did. I became her big brother even though she didn't know me. But I guess she really needed someone back then and it didn't matter if she knew me or not. But then…"

Rem stops when he saw Motoko crying. He tries to ask what's wrong but she just threw her self at him and beat his chest. She was crying so hard that Rem didn't bother asking why. After a a while Motoko bursts out…

" Why? Why did you leave me alone?"

" You promised me!"

Rem then got the whole picture and just kept silent and embraced Motoko. Motoko did not care about anything else, she knew that her long awaited person was beside her and finally she is able to show her feelings about it. Rem finally was able to say something.

" I'm sorry…"

Motoko then just looked at him sensing the sincerity of Rem's words she just embraced him even tighter. Then Motoko finally let go of Rem and started…

" Just promise me this…"

" Hmm?"

" You will not leave me again without knowing…"

Rem wiped Motoko's tears and just smiled. Motoko smiled back at Rem. Not far from where Rem and Motoko were, Sato and Yaite were watching the whole dramatic scene.

" Hmmm so finally he found the girl he met here eh? =^_^="

" Humph, That's something you don't see everyday…"

" I wonder when will you find yours…=^_^="

" Heh, if I find you meddling with my affairs I swear I'll cut you so many times they won't be able to tell the difference between you and ground beef."

" Hehe it can't be helped. =^_^="

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hinata 2ndfloor hallway: ( 8:45 am)

Sato and Yaite return back to the inn and left the two alone. Shinobu then asks Sato about something.

" Umm Sato-Sempai can I ask you about something?"

" Okay go on. =^_^="

" The other day I heard Yaite-Sempai talk in a different language, I was wondering if…"

" Oh, really? That's my native dialect where I came from as you can see I'm far from being Japanese =^_^="

" Oh, I see."

" The three of us used it as some kind of secret communication between us when in some sticky situations. =^_^="

" We were the only one who knew it and it's really effective to confuse bad guys. =^_^="

" Bad guys?"

" Oh, We didn't tell you guys before, we used to be in the military, except for Yaite, we met him sometime when our last mission was almost complete. =^_^="

" Wow, I didn't know you were soldiers"

" Hehe yeah but it's best if we don't talk about it. Okay? =^_^="

" Yes."

"See you later Sato-Sempai"

" Yeah, see you. =^_^="

" Hmm… I guess we can't keep it a secret as long as we stay here. =^_^="

Sato walks towards the kitchen to find something to eat. Naru and Keitaro returns from Tokyo University and brings some news.

" Hey Guys! Come here!"

Keitaro runs around the inn calling for everyone.

" What is it?"

Kitsune looks over the sofa at Keitaro.

" We found someone in front of Hinata Sou, He looks really bad."

" Eh? Really? Let me see!"

Kitsune jumps from her position and follows Keitaro.

The others went outside too to see what Keitaro is talking about.

The gang finds a man lying on the ground face first. He is wearing a Japanese gi and has his hair tied up in a ponytail. The man was not moving and smells like he was dead anyway. Su tries to poke him using a stick but no response. Rem and the others went out to see who it was too and to Rem's surprise he said…

" What? He… It can't be…"

-Chapter 5 End-

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\ =\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=

So does Rem knows who it was? Find out in the next chapter. This chapter is a little dramatic and that's not one of my strong point. When I come up with something better I'll try to update it. So I hope you liked it.

Thanks

Silver Frost