Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Us and Them ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Furuba/ Love Hina
Who are the new girls at school? Hanna with her long skirted school uniform, Chris wearing the boys' uniform and Sama and Sydney with their short skirts. Haru's jaw dropped as he watched Hanna walk by and wink at him, Kyo's eyes glazed over as he watched Chris walk by Hanna's side and blow a kiss at him. Momiji jumped with glee and hearts in his eyes when he saw the cute Sama. Yuki stood, speechless at Sydney as she walked with a beautiful smile on her face. They are the exchanged students from America; they're smart, beautiful, and completely "LOST!!! You got us lost again, Hanna!" Chris shouted with her hands on her hips as Hanna stared at a Japanese street sign with her hand on her chin, Sydney stood next to Hanna and as Sama picked pretty flowers right next to a busy Tokyo street. A school girl about fifteen years old bumped into Hanna and just kept walking. "Hey, watch it, oh, I mean... Sumimasen?!"(Excuse me) Hanna yelled and the girl turned around with a smug look and said: "Omae no kaachan!"(Yo mama) and turned around and walked away. "Get back here!!!" Hanna yelled to the girls back. "Hey, aren't those the boys that everyone's in love with from the high school?" Sama asked and Chris, Sydney and Hanna turned around and saw Haru with his sleek white hair, Momiji with his cute smile, Yuki with his grey eyes and Kyo with his red hair. Hanna saw her opportunity to find their way, and she had to take it. "Um, Sumimasen, Hinata Ie wa doko desu ka?"(Um, excuse me, where is Hinata House?) You could see that Haru was surprised and answered "We speak English, ya'know." Hanna nearly jumped back ten feet in surprise. "Oh, heh heh, well, I feel utterly stupid, but can you help?" She asked turning red, as if she knew all along that this was coming. "Yeah, this way," Hanna looked up confused.” We can take you." Haru said blushing lightly. "YAY!!" Momiji and Sama said in unison.
Later
As the girls checked into Hinata House, Haru watched Hanna. Kyo and Chris stood in the corner and talked while Momiji and Sama had the cutest thumb war and Yuki tried to start anonymous conversations with Sydney. "Uh...ahem, Hanna?" Haru asked. "Yes Haru?" she replied, swiftly flipping her long dark hair to see is face. He was speechless as he stared at her beauty. "I, ahem, what are you doing this weekend? All... all of you?!" "Well, what are we doing, girls?" She yelled back to Sama, Sydney and Chris. "Nothing!" the three replied almost in unison. "Well we're free. Are you guys busy? I mean with studying? Exams are coming up, right?" Hanna replied, blushing uncontrollably. Haru saw her red cheeks and began to blush himself. Hanna and Haru stood there looking at their feet until Chris broke the tension. "Hey, Hanna!" Chris walked over and stood between the speechless couple. "Let's go find Sam and Momiji, they slipped away. I'm not sure I trust those two alone, something bad could... happen." Kyo walked over swiftly -- like a cat -- "Haru, Rat, Momiji's gone, lets go after him." They began to walk down one corridor following the destruction that was obviously caused by the immature couple. "Hey, Chris! You and Kyo, "Hanna pointed to the left corridor. "should go that way, Sydney! You and Yuki "Hanna pointed to the right. "go that way and we'll," Hanna pointed to Haru and herself. "Go this way, Kay? Meet back here in... twenty." Chris and Sydney nodded, Chris pulled Kyo along, he followed, almost happily, Sydney started walking, not trying to be rude but just to get going. "Never seen that." Haru stated, Hanna looked up at him and then back to Chris and Kyo. "He looked really happy about going." Hanna smiled and nodded, as she started walking.
"Hey Momiji, I think someone is following us!" Whispered Sam. "Sam, I would like you to have a special gift." Momiji whispered rummaging in his pocket. "Here it is!" He yelled pulling out a small teddy bear which was quickly snatched from behind. "NO!!" Momiji yelled. "Hmmm, dis is too hard to eat, ugh!" Said a young blonde girl with rosy red cheeks. "I is Su." The strange girl bowed down to Sama and Momiji. Momiji wiped the tear from his eye and said: "I am Momiji, this is Sama, my very best friend!" Su looked back and forth at Momiji and Sama for about five minutes, totally clueless. "Uh... Momiji... she's totally clueless!" Sama whispered, grabbing Momiji's hand.

"Wow, this place is really big!" Hanna said as she walked with Haru, Chris, and Kyo. "We should split up, it won't take as long. We'll meet back at the main office in about twenty minutes, ok? I'll go this way." Hanna said and began to walk to the right. "I... I'll come with you!" Haru said and ran to Hanna's side leaving Kyo and Chris behind... alone and unwatched. "So, um... Kyo. Oh hell, you're HOT!!" Before wither of them could respond to Chris' forwardness, they heard voices coming up from behind them. The voices suddenly stopped, Chris and Kyo turned around to find two young girls. One was tall and had long light brown hair and the other was short, maybe a seventh grader, she had short black hair. "Who are you guys?" The one with long brown hair asked, she then took one glance at Kyo's face and began blushing violently. "I... I'm Naru, this is Shinobu." The long haired girl said pointing to herself and then to the other. Shinobu waved and said: "Hello, what are your names?" Chris stepped forward and replied: "I'm Christine Noccorato, call me Chris, this is Kyo Sohma." Kyo bowed his head and asked: "You wouldn't happen to have seen a couple of blondes destroying things, would you?" Naru looked at Shinobu and back at Kyo and shrugged.

"So, Hanna. How long have you and your friends lived in Tokyo?" Haru asked averting his flushed face from Hanna's view. "About... three weeks. We're still trying to find our way around, you see." She replied with her face also very flushed. "I could help you find your way around... if you want, I mean." He said, looking over to find Hanna smiling at him. "I would love that!" She replied blushing more, he smiled like a little kid and replied: "Really! I mean, cool." Hanna smiled again and they then began to giggle. "WHO'S THERE??!!" A voice called out from behind them in the long corridor. "I'm going to be a new resident of Hinata House, my name is Hanna Conroy." Hanna replied to the female voice far down the hall. "Who is that man?!" The voice yelled again. "Oh, this is my friend Hatsuharu Sohma." "Men aren't allowed in this dormitory... except for our lecherous landlord." Motoko said angrily, then a man came up behind her and said. "It's ok, Motoko." Chris and Kyo appeared behind the man and said. "They aren't like Kietaro. You haven't found Sam, yet? Where could she be?" Chris asked, nervous and angry at the same time. "Hallo!" Yelled a voice from behind Hanna and Haru. "That... that sounded like Momiji!" Hanna said and turned around to find Sama and Momiji with a young blonde girl and Sydney and Yuki. "I is Su, who is you?" The blonde girl said and jumped into the air. "I'm Hanna, this is Hatsuharu and those two are Chris and Kyo." Hanna replied as Su fell on her face. "UGH!!" Everyone said when Su landed.

"Men still are not allowed in this dorm you lecher!" Motoko said as she unsheathed her sword and lunged at Haru. Hanna pulled out a black Katana and jumped in front of Haru deflecting Motoko's sword. "Humph, do you challenge me, Hanna?" Motoko said proudly, still pushing her sword into Hanna's. "-sigh-Not at all, I was merely keeping the peace. Do you challenge me, Motoko?" Hanna replied easily. Motoko's eyebrow twitched with anger and anxiety. "No, of course not." She said gritting her teeth and glaring at Hanna, Hanna did the same back at Motoko. "Motoko has someone else to attack with that sword, the world is such a beautiful place." Kietaro said with tears streaming down his face. "You say somethin' pib-squeak?!" Motoko and Hanna said with both of their swords to his throat. "No.... nothing" Kietaro cried. Hanna and Motoko smiled deviously at each other.

After Hanna, Chris, Sydney and Sama were all checked in, the guys left and promised to return the next day to help them get to the high school. "So... Hanna, where did you learn to use your Katana?" Motoko asked as she and Hanna walked around the Hinata house. "I trained with Master Sako-Ishii, he owns a small Dojo in America. Where did you learn?" Hanna replied and Motoko answered: "My sister was the one who trained me. All my life, my dream was to learn the ways of my sword." "Is your training finished?" "No, my sister went off and joined a training group deep in the mountains. I trained with others, but they weren't that good." Replied Motoko. "I'm sorry. Can I show you something?" Hanna wondered hopefully. "What?" Motoko answered. They were sitting down in Hanna's room, drinking tea. "Have you heard the saying: 'Tachisukumu koe mo naku ikite yuku eien ni'?" Motoko looked up from her tea cup and replied: "'We live our lives unable to cry out, for eternity', yes, I know of this saying. Why?" "I believe this is true. We live in a place between the skies above and the fires below." Hanna said and Motoko questioned: "Purgatory?" Hanna closed her eyes and nodded slowly. "Oh yeah, your discipline, is it not a form taught in the deepest mountains? The blade that cries to the Gods themselves, it is the Gods' Cry School, is it not?" Hanna asked with her finger pointed at Motoko. "How could you know that?!" Motoko said anxiously, Hanna laughed mischievously at Motoko's question.

Hanna then got up, went to a large box and opened it. Motoko got up and walked over as Hanna pulled out a red dagger with flower beads on the base. "Motoko, Sakina iro wa nani desu ka?"(Motoko, what is your favorite color?) Motoko looked up into Hanna's eyes and whispered: "Aka.(red) Why do you want to know?" "This... is yours. I would like to give this to you, Motoko Aoyama." Hanna said with a smile, Motoko's eyes widened and she whispered with her head bowed: "Iie."(no) Hanna stopped smiling and asked: "Why?" "Daijoubu desu, doumo, iie, kekkou desu, Hanna."(It is all right, thanks, but no thanks.) Hanna then replied: "Kore wa nan desu ka? Wakarimasen."(what is it? I don't understand.) "I... I am not worthy to except a gift from a sempai." Motoko replied. Hanna stared sadly at Motoko and put the dagger down. "You don't have to take it, Motoko." Motoko looked up sadly and smiled. "Doumo, Sempai." Motoko replied, Hanna smiled again and put the dagger back in its box. "Oh, one more thing." Hanna said and Motoko looked up at her, and Hanna finished: "Don't call me 'sempai', ok? Makes me feel like I'm better than you, you are my superior, Motoko. We are at best at the same level." Motoko's face lit up with happiness and she then said: "Arigotou gozaimasu."(thank you) Hanna smiled and said: "Onaka ga suite imasu."(I am hungry) "DINNER'S READY!!!" Shinobu yelled from downstairs.
Chris sat in the living room with Sama, Naru, Su, and Shinobu. "Where's Kitsune?" Naru asked as everyone went on with their little conversations. Sydney was especially talkative, trying to make friends with all of the girls as fast as she could. For they would only be there one year. Sama and Chris barely knew Sydney, they were all picked for this trip randomly by a teacher. Sydney was happy to meet new people; it was merely by chance that Chris, Sama, and Hanna had all been picked to go, considering that they had been great friends since 6th grade. Chris and Sama sat together, talking amongst themselves, trying to be secretive. "I don't like Sydney's voice." Chris whispered, Sama looked at Sydney and back to Chris. "I think... oh my God!" "What Sama!?" "I love Momiji!"

The neat Sama!?" "I love Momiji!"