Loveless Fan Fiction / XXXHolic Fan Fiction / Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Never Surrender ❯ In Time, It'll Pass ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
PART ONE: A WISH TO CHANGE THE UNIVERSE



PROLOGUE: IN TIME, IT'LL PASS...

The air was filled with the sounds of innocent people screaming and Sou Mizuhashi's enormous rifle. Mashiro Ichijo ducked as a table flew right over her. She couldn't understand this. Why was Sou acting so oddly? All Mashiro could remember was Sou disappearing after an usual fight between him and a absent-minded blonde man. The man himself wasn't annoying, but he must have said something that he had said to make Sou fly off the handle. Suddenly, Mashiro realized that Sou would never return to normal. It was all over. She cried as this thought consumed her.
From the midst of the fight, a woman appeared and strode over to Sou, who was still firing the riffle point-blank. She smiled a little sadly and placed one hand on his forehead and the other on the riffle. She began chanting, her emotions reflected in her pale face a she did. Slowly, time began to move backwards. Mashiro gasped as she saw herself and Sou in the elevator being erased from exsistance. The woman opened her eyes and stared at Mashiro. A moment passed where silence reigned. However, it had to end soon.
Mashiro took a step forward. "What did you do?"
"I've only stopped this man from killing you all. No one will remember this incident."
"Except me?" She realized that she could still see the entire scene in her mind; Sou's outrageous declaration of war, and everyone's terrified faces as he pulled out that dreaded gun. "Why do I still remember? You said no one's gonna remember!"
"Well, someone's gotta have the knowledge to stop him, should this happen again," the woman giggled. "You're the closest to the maniac, so I thought that you'd do."
"HE'S NOT A MANIAC!" Mashiro paused, realizing that she didn't know this lady's name. How was she gonna tell her off otherwise? "Um, who are you? What's your name?"
The woman stared at Mashiro with sad eyes. "Do you really need to know that?"
Mashiro twitched. This woman was starting to get on her nerves. Somehow, this feeling of annoyance was familiar to her. Like she had felt this with someone else, in another time. She pushed the thought to the side. She couldn't focus on this right now. "Yes, I do need to know."
"It's Yuuko. I can tell by the way you treat me that you're Mashiro Ichijo. Don't worry," she added as Mashiro took a huge step back. "No one's betrayed you. There's something you need to know before I take my leave." Yuuko closed the gap between her and the terrified teenager. She laid her hand on the girl's shoulder and smiled like an idiot would when you said something they didn't understand.
"You're going to be visited by many people, many who suffer from serious trauma. These people you must protect and love, for there will come a time when they will all prove useful. You'll know this because they'll be joining you and your friends in the dream class."
Yuuko then backed off and began to walk away, but then stopped. "Oh. Don't you want to be a girl so you can stay by this Sou's side?"
Mashiro's face turned dark red. "What would you know about it?!"
"I can grant your wish, you know. However, there is a price. Can you pay for it willingly?"
Not realizing how serious this woman was being, Mashiro smiled and answered, "If you can really grant my wish, then I'll give you anything. How much will it be?"
"This wish, it'll cost you much more than money. If you want to be a woman as a whole, then your price is your past. You will not remember being a half-man at all. You're truly serious about this, aren't you?" She saw Mashiro's tormented expression and felt a pang of guilt herself. She didn't want to take this person's memory, but it had to be done. "Your wish cannot be granted any other way."
Mashiro swallowed her bitter words and nodded. "Very well, then," the woman said. "When I step out the door, you will be a full-blooded woman. Enjoy it while you can, Mashiro-chan."
Instantly, Yuuko vanished. Once she did, Mashiro began to glow, transforming her into the girl she had wanted to be. As it happened, memories of the dream class-and everything that happened as a result-was erased from her everyone else's memories. When the transformation was complete, Miss Mashiro Ichijo blacked out.
************************************************************************ **************************************************


(A.N. I'm so sorry about the length, but I didn't have much. Idea came out of nowhere, and no planning was made. Fogive me for any inconsistency. Please Review! First fanfiction!! ^_^)