Loveless Fan Fiction / XXXHolic Fan Fiction / Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Never Surrender ❯ Incest Isn't Always Best... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER FIVE: INCEST ISN'T ALWAYS BEST...

Listen to yourself you're a hot mess
St-t-tutter through your words breaking a sweat
What's it gonna take to confess?
We both know
Yeah I was out of town last weekend
You were feeling like a pimp 'round your lame friends
Now your little party's gonna end
So here we go

"Ikuto, where have you been?! I've been waiting here fore hours!" Amu Hinamori crossed her arms and glared at her boyfriend, Ikuto Tsukiyomi. He looked away for a moment before replying.
"Utau wouldn't let me go." His voice was low, so that others passing by couldn't hear. Amu caught on. She knew of Ikuto's akward situation with his little sister, Utau. She had even gone as far as kissing him in front of her and Kukai Soma, an eighth grader who was once a member of the Guardians at Seiyo Elementary. They were in the 6th and 7th grade at the time. Now Amu was in the 7th grade, and more mature than most girls, thanks to her senior high schooler boyfriend.
"That's no excuse to make me wait for three hours." They were now walking towards Amu's house, where they were meeting Amu's friends for a night of recalling pleasant memories and to talk about plans for the future. "You're going to make me late. I haven't seen Yaya or Kairi in ages! And I haven't been able to keep up with my other friends because I'm so busy."
"Okay, okay. I get it," he murmured. Ikto's eyes became distant and glazed, like they always did when he was in deep thought. The sound of twigs snapping startled him out of his daze. A panting and untidy Utau jumped out from the bushes and stood in Amu and Ikuto's way. Her hair was disheveled and had slipped out of its scrunchie. Her clothes were winkled and look as though they had been put on with great haste. Her eyes shone with defiance and love for Ikuto, and hatred and jealousy for Amu.
"I've found you, sweetie. Come on. Let's ditch the kid and get hitched." Her voice was raspy and shrill. It was beginning to scare Amu. Even (Ran), who wasn't scared of anyone, was hiding in her egg. The other two did the same the same thing. Ikuto's guardian character, (Yoru), jumped onto Ikuto's shoulder and glared at Utau.
The deranged teenager stared at Amu with spiteful eyes. She then turned to her brother and said calmly, "How could you hesitate to marry me? I'm carrying your baby, after all."
This caused Amu to turn to Ikuto. She's carrying HIS baby?! The look on Ikuto's face said that she was lying, but Utau looked pretty convinced. Was she delusional, sad, or something worse?\ Whatever it was, Amu didn't want to know. She took Ikuto's hand and ran, away from the other girl and her madness. Their feet pounded against the pavement. Once they got to Amu's backyard, they were exhausted. The couple was drenched in sweat, and their clothes were clinging to them.
Tadase Hotori, former King of the Guardians, jumped out of his seat at their arrivial. "Hinamori-san! We thought you'd never come. Have a seat!" He pulled out a chair for Amu, which she took gracefully. As for Ikuto, he purposely tripped him and pushed his chair closer to the table. This caused the other former Guardians to laugh and for Ikuto to mutter to himself.
Then Tadase turned serious. "Okay, let's begin." There was no hint of a smile on his face now. "The real reason I called this meeting was because there are two Guardian Characters wandering around without owners."
"So this is a rescue mission?" Kairi interrupted. "That not exactly what we Guardians do."
"Shut up, Jack." That got some stares. Obviously, he had character changed into his Guardian character, (Kiseki) a little while ago. "The reason why I'm so concerned in because these Characters have no owners. They are extremely powerful Guardian Characters. However, one of them in an extremely weak state. They're in a basket over here if you wish to see them."
The seven Guardians and Ikuto gathered around a small pink basket that rested on the table. One of the Characters had black hair and glasses. He wore a black cape over a black school uniform. His fangs and claws completed his image. The other was a beautiful kimono-clad female with luxurious black hair held up with chopsticks. Her eyes were dark and somber, as was her expression. However, she had taken a very sickly shade of white and trembled whenever she took a breath. She kept trying to talk, but her voice was too weak to be heard.
Yaya stroked the sick Character. "Oh, you poor thing. We'll help you. Don't you worry about it!" Amu, Rima, Kukai, Nagihiko, and Tadase nodded. Kairi simply stared at them. He only seemed to be interested in the vampire Character. Ikuto looked away from the pitiful sight. That was exactly how he felt about his conflict with Utau. Like the dying Character, he too felt too weak to fight much longer and could feel himself fading into oblivion.
He stood up and looked at Amu. He felt torn between standing up for their relationship and giving in to his sister's demands. He knew that he shouldn't feel this way, but he couldn't help it. In a way, it was either love or family. He had to get out of here, to think things over. "I'll be right back." He walked briskly away from the others and turned onto a dirt path. He slowed down as soon as he was sure that no one was following him. (Yoru) popped out of his egg and perched on Ikuto's right shoulder. The small cat purred and nestled into his owner's uniform.
He was startled when the sound of breaking branches filled the air. He Character Changed into his cat form and climbed up an oak tree to get a better view. A teenager was supporting a woman in a dark kimono. He did not have to look too hard to know that she was very pale. He suddenly thought of the sick Character he had just observed. The two were very similiar, as were the vampire and the teenager. He didn't remember the two characters crawling onto his back, nor did he remember jumping off of that branch.
************************************************************************ **************************************************

Whoa, you've got a secret
Whoa, you couldn't keep it
Whoa, somebody leaked it
And now some bull's about to go down

Watanuki felt his strength slowly slip away. 'God, she's so heavy,' he thought with resignation. His boss did nothing to help. She only dragged her feet and allowed her head to droop to the side. They had jumped out of the hole moments ago and were trying to find their next clients, Amu Hinamori and Ikuto Tsukiyomi. Their relationship was in serious trouble, thanks to Ikuto younger sister, Utau Tysukiyomi, otherwise known as Utau Hoshina.
Yuuko was trying to say something. Watanuki bent down so he could hear her. "My Character. If we can fix her, we can fix me. Find her..." Her voiced faded and she passed out. At that time, a boy with cat ears jumped out of a tree and landed a few feet away. Instictively, Watanuki lifted his hands to feel for ears, but found none. Then he saw a mini cat on the boy's shoulder. It stuck its tounge out at him. Two other chibi people were on this man's shoulder. One looked oddly like him, and other looked like Yuuko. Like Yuuko, the girl chibi was unconciencess. "This must be her Character," he said to himself.
"Do you and the woman own these Characters?" The boy asked. He placed the two chibis in his hand and held them out to Watanuki.
"Are you a virgin?" Watanuki asked. He quickly covered his mouth, but it was too late. The world with all of the cat children had changed his view on cats forever. The boy laughed. "Are you kidding me? I'm in my Character Change form. You should know, seeing as you have one yourself." In response to this, the vampire chibi hopped over to its true owner.
"Cat boy, do you know what's wrong with that 'character'?"
The boy looked upset now. "Hey! I have a name, you know! It's Ikuto! Ikuto Tsukiyomi!!" He crossed his arms and glared at a squirrel nearby. Suddenly, the cat ears disappeared. Ikuto looked back at the path he had just taken. "Um, can you and your friend come with me? I'll help with the girl if you want."
Watanuki wanted to snap Ikuto's neck for giving Yuuko such a disgraceful title, but kept himself in check. There would be time to choke ignorant teenagers later. He and Ikuto carried the witch towards someone's backyard. A group of kids stared at him and Yuuko. Ikuto smiled at a pink haired girl apologetically. She just stared at him with a dumbfounded expression on her face.
The teenager lifted Yuuko out of Watanuki's arms and placed her on the grass by a boy with blonde hair and girly eyes. Yuuko's Guardian Character woke up and lifted its hands up for Watanuki to carry it. He smiled to himself as he cradled the child-like creature in his arms. It buried itself into his sleeve and cooed. This caused a collective "awww!" from the kids at the table. Even Ikuto seemed moved by Yuuko's Character.
"Listen, everyone! We need to send you to another world. As for why, only my boss knows that." He gestured towards the real sized Yuuko, who was still sprawled out on the grass. He began to stroke the Guardian Character again. "Normally, she would teleport you all herself, but in her weakened state, she is unable to. Instead, I will do it myself." He placed his hands in front of him, creating a swirl of purple. Normally, the portal was white, but he didn't worry about it. He noticed a teenage girl with wild hair and crazed eyes run towards the kids, but he ignored her.
'A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect
every action in this world will bear a consequence
If you wade around forever, you will surely drown
I see what's going down.'
The girl leaped towards the cat boy just in time to disappear with the rest of them. Watanuki felt a pang of regret for not starting sooner. However, he had no time to wallow in guilt, because Yuuko was coming around. The Guardian Character looked revived and happy, and so did Yuuko. He felt the witch wrap her arms around his shoulders and laugh. Although he didn't understand why the woman was laughing, he laughed along. For now, it was enough for him.
************************************************************************ **************************************************

Lyrics "Kiss N Tell" Ke$ha

(They are now in the Dream World. Now the story can begin! :D)