Loveless Fan Fiction ❯ "Come Undone" ❯ Wicked Game ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
“I still can’t believe what happened to Nisei…” Ritsuka sighed jamming his hands into his hoodie as he walked with Soubi up the stairs toward the apartment they shared with Kio.
Soubi just shrugged, yet again.
Ritsuka frowned.
“Who do you think did that…”
Soubi shoved the keys into the lock and twisted the door handle.
“Well Ritsuka.” The sentoki said as he entered the apartment and went into the kitchen. “Natsuo said that his sentoki name was carved out of his hand…I think you know who it was.”
Ritsuka narrowed his gaze on Soubi and pursed his lips.
“You don’t know that it was him for sure, Soubi.”
Soubi made an exasperated sigh while he pulled salmon from the fridge, setting it on the counter.
Ritsuka’s mind wandered to his older brother’s face, not how it was the last time he saw it three years ago…but how he remembered it when he was a child. Seimei was smiling, his arm out stretched before him. Ritsuka’s gaze softened.
“I-I don’t know if it was Seimei, but it does seem…to be in his character, I suppose.”
Soubi walked into the living room and sat where his sacrifice was resting on the couch, placing his hand on Ritsuka’s somber face.
“Don’t let this get to you, you’ve learned to be strong…you learned how to truly love yourself. You can’t give this up now that things are getting hard again.”
Ritsuka met Soubi’s eyes and nodded.
“I know, I just don’t want to judge Seimei, he asked me if I would love him…and I do, I didn’t lie to him about that. I want to believe that he had his reasons for doing the things that he’s done to us. He’s always had good reasons for doing everything.”
Soubi furrowed his brow.
“I-I think Seimei has selfish reasons for doing these things.”
Ritsuka looked away, narrowing his eyes.
“Maybe so, but selfish or not…there has to be an important reason…”
~*~

Soubi and Ritsuka walked though the heavy glass doors of Seven Voices Academy, heading toward Ritsu Sensei’s office. The corridors at the school were always cold and uncomfortable; Ritsuka shivered a bit rubbing his bare arms.
Soubi had his hand in his, squeezing it.
“Calm down Soubi, we’ve been here at least a hundred times.”
They came to a closed door to the right of them and the two stopped.
“Knock.” Ritsuka instructed.
Soubi raised his arm and knocked on the door forcefully.
Ritsuka rolled his eyes.
“Come in.” Said a deep monotone voice from behind the door.
Ritsuka nodded.
They entered the office, closing the door quietly behind them. Ritsuka rolled his eyes when he noticed a blue haired boy sitting on the edge of Ritsu’s desk.
“What are you doing here Youji?” Ritsuka asked in an exasperated tone. Youji grinned, crossing his arms.
“I’m takin’ over for the boss in a few years, I’m in training.” Youji spouted matter of factly.
Ritsuka humphed .
“So that’s what’s up with the hair cut…”
Youji blushed profusely.
“No it isn’t!”
“Enough of the foolishness, we have things of importance to discuss.
Ritsuka’s ears flattened.
“This has to do with Nisei doesn’t it?”
Ritsu nodded, looking up at Ritsuka through his bangs.
Ritsuka barley remembered what his Sensei looked like with normal eyes, after what Seimei had done to him the doctors worked all night and day…but could only manage to save one of his eyes; that of which was now a perverse transient shade of clear, looking as if all of the color had been drained out of it. On his left eye a black cloth was bound sideways around his head, covering what Ritsuka could only imagine was a disfigured hole.
“Sensei…” Youji started. “Why do you still wear your glasses? I mean they hardly do anything for you. Why don’t you just wear a monocle?”
Ritsu Sensei’s eyes narrowed in anger and he grabbed his coffee cup and flung it at Youji’s head, not even taking his gaze off of his computer.
Youji leaped off of the desk just in time to miss the mug, letting it smash against the wall.
Ritsuka’s eyes widened.
“About Nisei…”
Ritsu nodded.
“Obviously the mission is off, he has been attained by Septimal Moon. Although we will never know of Seimei’s real plan we now know that Nisei hadn’t been planning to meet back up with his sacrifice.”
Soubi clenched his fist.
Ritsuka bit his lip, his features deep in thought.
“So now what Sensei?”
Ritsu looked up at this and stared at Ritsuka for a moment.
“We, we will have to find the perpetrator. Nisei was supposed to be ours…we have to find who silenced him.”
Ritsuka’s eyes widened, a gasp escaping him.
“You, you really mean that? After what Seimei did to you…to the school?”
Ritsu narrowed his gaze dangerously at Ritsuka, looking over his glasses.
“Especially after what he did to this school.”
~*~

The winter day was freezing Ritsuka’s nose. He tried to bury his face into his scarf as he walked with Soubi in the park. Soubi sipped his coffee, looking up into the trees.
“What should we make for dinner Ritsuka?” Soubi asked thoughtfully.
Ritsuka shrugged.
“I want a pizza I think…doesn’t that sound good?”
Soubi smiled and shrugged.
“Whatever Ritsuka wants sounds good…”
“UGHHHhhh.” Soubi’s sacrifice groaned. “You’re so annoying with that..”
Ritsuka suddenly began to feel tingly all over and he looked up at Soubi, feeling startled. Soubi had stopped walking he was standing there with a look of shock and concentration.
“You-you can feel that too Ritsuka, can’t you.”
Ritsuka gasped and nodded.
“The aura is so strong!”
The wind blew wiping Ritsuka’s long black hair around his face. He shivered.
All the world fell silent as Ritsuka began to feel like a young boy again, all of the fear…the sadness of betrayal resurfacing. He saw a beautiful face, eyes of the only person he had ever truly trusted, lips curved into horrible smile.
“S-Sei-.”
“My little brother…” the figure suddenly standing a few feet away from them purred.
“What are you…then it’s true…”
Seimei raised an articulated brow.
“What’s that?”
Ritsuka bowed his head.
“You did kill Nisei.”
Soubi just stood there, he felt immobile, stuck in time.
Ritsuka took a small step toward his brother.
“Where have you been Seimei?! What have you been doing?!”
“You’re supposed to capture me aren’t you?” Seimei ignored his younger brother’s question with a wave of his hand.
Soubi narrowed his eyes.
“Yes, we need you Seimei…you have to-.”
Seimei looked at his brother with disapproving features on his perfect face.
“I disappointed Ritsuka, that you would do that to me…take your own brother in for Ritsu’s order. What happened to being your own person?”
Ritsuka’s eye lit.
“Seimei! Stop that! It’s not like that at all I just-.”
“I declare a battle of words.”
Soubi’s eyes widened. Seimei’s aura was like a black cloud, darkness engulfed his making him weak and sick feeling. The sentoki blinked in confusion, feeling dazed.
Wind whipped around Seimei’s long wavy auburn locks. Ritsuka frowned as he noticed Seimei’s subtle differences. He still had his ears and tail, but his face seemed more mature and his hair was so long it reached down passed his chest.
“A battle, Seimei?! You can’t be serious! I’m not gonna fight you without a Sentoki!”
Seimei’s eyes were fixed on them, unwavering.
“I accept!” Soubi shouted, his eyes full of emotion.
Ritsuka gasped.
You cannot fight my brother Soubi! He has no Sentoki! This isn’t fair!”
Ritsuka beat Soubi chest with his fist in frustration, but he knew there was nothing he could do now…the battle was declared.
“I am Powerful. I need nothing. I am everything. I need no Sentoki. I am the only Beloved in this world.”
Soubi gasped suddenly, feeling a pang of hurt sear through his chest.
Ritsuka cried out in sudden pain, light shown suddenly around his narrow wrists and chains appeared.
Soubi woke up from his stupor suddenly and shouted at his opponent.
“I am Beloved, I am Loveless. I am the Sentoki, the protector of all that you hold dear. Our purity defeats you black heart!”
Seimei raised his hand to this nonchalantly, speaking in a dark monotone.
“I protect what I hold dear, my heart is tainted red with hate. My heart in not black with Evil. You have not the will nor the ability to protect what I love.”
The light being emitted from Soubi’s words vanished into the atmosphere like smoke, and the world around him turned a deep crimson.
“This world is evil, a disgusting red like the blood of the innocents you’ve slaughtered.” “I will destroy this make it pure.”
Soubi Stated this with utter clarity, attacking Seimei with his best will.
Seimei laughed menacingly, his gazed deep with satisfaction.
Soubi buckled.
“You are nothing. You can never purify me; you have no power, no control. I will own you! You will submit to me and be destructed! Be engulfed by my hate and fell the fires of my soul conquer everything you’ve come to believe. I will make you sick with the taint of my inner heart and you will submit to defeat!”
Ritsuka cried out in anguish and the chains about him squeezed the life out of his neck and chest. He coughed as he fell to his knees and lost consciousness.
“Ritsuka!” Soubi cried, reaching out for his sacrifice.
Soubi turned to face Seimei but was suddenly struck with surprise as he saw his opponent’s face. It was a face of horror and…fright? Seimei was scared?
Seimei walked over to where Ritsuka lay and bent down to him, gently holding his brother’s face in his hands.
“Get away from-.” Soubi was cut off by a gaze so heated with anger Soubi choked on his words.
“How dare you tell me what to do with my brother! Look at you! You’re a failure Soubi!” Seimei gathered Ritsuka in his arms and slowly rose to his feet.
“I was a fool to ever think I could leave him in your care. You’re not worthy to be my brother’s sentoki, you can’t even protect him! God damn you Soubi.”
Seimei clutched Ritsuka’s sleeping form in his arms, and turned to leave.
“He’s mine any way, he’s always been mine. I love him Soubi.”
With that statement Soubi watched Seimei leave with his sacrifice cradled in his arms. There was nothing Soubi could say or do to fix it…there was no way to get back the best thing that ever happened to him. He was taken in the most violent fashion, and now Ritsuka was being carried away from him like a child in Seimei’s arms.