Macross Fan Fiction / Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Robtech: Final Missions ❯ Robotech: Final Missions ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Robotech: Final Missions

(song cue: Robotech Theme)
Disclaimer: All Characters copywrited from Harmony Gold, Sailor Moon is copywrited by TOEI Animation and Project A-Ko is copywrighted by U.S. Magna


EXT: OUTSIDE THE SUPER DIMENTIONAL FORTRESS-1....

ZOOM IN:

A woman in dressed in black battle gear looks around and decides her move, she is planning something, that she is always trying to do

B-KO: (V.O.)
I will make C-KO mine this time!!!

ZOOM OUT:

you see a pilot landing in his plane much like the other veritechs on board the SDF-1. He gets out of his plane and walks inside...

INT: INSIDE THE SDF-1

ZOOM IN:

he finally reaches his destination, a poster and he looks it over...The camera pulls away for just a second to reveal the person on the poster, no other than Minmei, and then zooms out even more and shows Minmei sneaking up on the pilot...She taps him on the shoulder and....

MINMEI:
Hi *smiling*


MYSTERIOUS PILOT:
Hi, aren't you, Minmei?

MINMEI:
Yes, I am, What's your name?

CHRIS:
My name is Chris Caldwell, I just got transfered here from another ship and I was just admiring how much this ship was so much different, it's a lot better in my humble opinion.

MINMEI:
We have tons of things you'll enjoy here Chris.

CHRIS:
I haven't seen anyone I recognized except for you I have heard you sing and you do it very well

MINMEI:
Thank you Chris, that is nice of you to say so.

CHRIS:
Do you happen to know if there is a woman named Lisa Hayes aboard?

MINMEI:
Why yes, she is onthe bridge of the ship why?

CHRIS:
We used to know each other and I was hoping to catch up on old times with her. *he points to his quaters* My quaters are over there...I'm going to go see Lisa and I'll be back as soon as I possibly can.

MINMEI:
Nice to have met you Chris

CHRIS:
Likewise.

INT: Chris's Room

Minmei sees all kinds of pictures articles and things about her singing career, she figures Chris is a fan and just likes to keep things about her.

INT: Bridge room

Claudia had been instructed to not say a word about Chris's arrival to keep Lisa on her toes, but she knew he was coming and so did Sammy, Kim and Vanessa they could all see him in their tiny monitors on their consoles.

CLAUDIA:
There's someone here to see you Lisa.

SAMMIE:
I can't believe it *she whispers to kim and vanessa*

LISA:
*Thinks to herself* I hope it's not Rick! *then she sees Chris as he
enters* Chris!!! *She runs over and hugs him* I missed you!!!

CHRIS:
I missed you too, I met someone on my way here to the bridge. Someone named Minmei, and she told me you were here, and I knew I had to come here and see you.

LISA:
I was so worried about you Chris. I thought you were gone for good.

CHRIS:
I always protect the women I care about, Lisa, you know that better than anyone. Do you remember the last time we we were together?

LISA:
Yes, I do, but let's not think about that anymore. Let's just concentrate on the here and now!!!

CHRIS:
And we won't get seperated again I know in my heart. I guess you are my commanding officer?

LISA:
That I am, but it won't stop me from coming to see you in your quaters.

Later after they had gotten down to his quaters and had a talk with Minmei and Chris had gotten their autographs, it was almost the end of the day, the time had gone by fast in what just seemed like mere seconds, had turned into a full day of excitement, he was heading back to his quaters when he saw Rick Hunter...He had met up with Lisa and Minmei in Chris's Room just a while before Chris met him

RICK:
You must be Chris. I saw Minmei and Lisa a while ago. They had plenty of good things to say about you. Lisa also told me of you two working on another ship.

CHRIS:
Yes, we were, and we haven't seen each other since but I wanna stay here with all my new friends. I already felt close to Minmei because I
have heard her sing. I know I'm going to be in your squadron when
a mission against the Zentradi arrises.

SFX: Alarm sound

CHRIS:
Oops I spoke to soon. Get to your veritich Rick, Minmei, Lisa and I will catch up.

RICK:
Ok Chris, good luck!!!

CHRIS:
Same to you Rick!!!!

EXT: SDF-1 OUTSIDE

Minmei and Lisa were finished getting into their piloting uniforms as Chris entered the room. Lisa ran down to the command center to give the pilots the orders to take off, but Claudia was way ahead of her. everyone got into their vertichs and were ready to take off, but someone stood in their way.

B-KO:
The SDF-1 is mine for the taking!!!

LISA:
*trying to stop the intruder* I gotta stop her...

CHRIS:
There's no chance lisa, that's B-ko!! We need A-ko!!!

(song cue: moonlight type a)
The camera zooms in on two hands on the other end of the ship opposite B-ko, and then you hear a grunting sound like someone pulling themselves up and A-ko appears!!!

A-KO:
You have gone too far this time B-ko. You knew I would eventually
catch up with you. I'll never let you hurt any of my friends!

a battle ensues, A-ko and B-ko exchange punches kicks throws and every type of fighting technique, until Rick decides to join the battle in his vertich. He changes it to battleoid mode and it has two arms that have hands on them, he asks A-ko to step back and he punches B-ko's suit, shorting it out and making B-ko faint then she was taken to the brig where A-ko would watch over her

(song cue: dance away)

CHRIS:
You did a great job A-ko!! I knew you'd beat her. You always do.

A-KO:
Thanks Chris, C-ko is missing, though. The only clue I have is that
she was taken by the Zentradi.

LISA:
*walks up after hearing the conversation* we have no time to waste, *she uses a small communication device that looks like the watch that had a tv set on it like in Inspector Gadget to contact Claudia* Have all availiable pilots scramble!

RICK:
We'll find those Zentradi!!

(songcue: spaceship in the dark)
INT: BRIDGE


CLAUDIA:
All pilots take off!!

ADM. GLOVAL:
Keep me posted on their position Sammie at all times!

SAMMIE:
Yes, sir!

INT: BRIG

A-ko looks out at the window to see the other pilots taking off.

A-KO (V.O.):
I hope they all will be ok, especially Chris.

EXT: SPACE

They're finally at their destination, Khyron's ship.

RICK:
There it is. Khyron's Mother Ship and I'm picking up 2 life signs...

CHRIS:
It's gotta be C-ko and someone else, Chris to SDF-1, Chris to SDF-1.

INT: BRIG ON SDF-1

A-ko sees the B-ko duplicate disappear and rushes to the bridge, just in time to hear the message from Chris.

SAMMIE:
We have a message comming in from the Skull Squadron.

ADM. GLOVAL:
Put it through Sammie.

SAMMIE:
Yes, sir!

CHRIS:
We're outside Khyron's ship. We detected 2 human life forms, C-ko's
and someone else.

A-ko takes the reciever quickly

A-KO:
It's B-ko and C-ko. It was a robot Rick defeated. I have to come and help you rescue C-ko. Max's wife, Miriya, Max and I are on our way now!

RICK:
Be careful, renegade Zentradi have been known to be out in this area.

Chris tried to talk calmly to his two passengers but he wasn't having much luck. They knew that A-ko would be there soon, so all they had to do was wait. In the mothership, Khyron was talking with B-ko

INT: KHYRON'S MOTHER SHIP

KHYRON:
Your plan worked like a charm B-ko, you should have been born a Zentradi.

B-KO:
Thank you your majesty. My guess is that by now they've figured out that the robot back on the SDF-1 is a fake and that we both have C-ko.

KHYRON:
It will be interesting to see if they will be able to rescue her. I very seriously doubt that.

RICK:
That's it, I'm going in.

A-KO:
Not without me your not *she jumps outta Miriya's veritech* It's my job to defeat B-ko and save C-ko. Besides she is my friend.

RICK:
Well, let's go A-ko.

They both go into the ship to rescue C-KO, the rest watch and wait. Max and Miriya opened a communications channel to Chris and helped him calm down from his fear.

(song cue: Follow your dream)

MAX:
This is Max, do you copy?

CHRIS:
Yeah, I copy.

MIRIYA:
You are doing really well protecting your friends and those you care about.

Chris looks up and sees that zentradi are attacking, he orders everyone to break and attack. They defeat the zentradi outside and brake into Khyron's mothership.

(song cue: We will win)

INT: KHYRON'S MOTHERSHIP

C-KO watches as all her friends come to her rescue.

B-KO:
You won't defeat me!

A-KO:
Same old threats B-ko, time and again.

This time for the real fight, A-ko and B-ko fight as before, but in b-ko's mind are shown images of days when A-ko, B-ko and C-ko are all going out together and having a nice day...

B-KO:
What happened?

A-ko quickly told B-ko what happened and B-ko immediately turned to Khyron and tried to beat him but he just disappeared. Once everyone was back at the SDF-1, they celebrated

INT: SDF-1 BRIDGE:

SAMMIE:
It's great to see you again Chris, I knew Lisa missed you. I have also missed you. *she smiles blushing a bit*

CHRIS:
I am glad to be back Sammie, so that I can be able to be with all of you
again...Vannessa, Kim, Sammie, Claudia, Lisa, you all serve Adm. Gloval well.

They raise their cups in a toast to each other. Later that night, Sammie comes to Chris's Room, she's in her nightgown.

SFX: DOORBELL

SAMMIE:
Chris, can I sleep with you tonight? I know it's kind of last minute.

CHRIS:
Sure Sammie.

They fall asleep soon after, in the same room but not in the same place, their souls are becoming one.

The next few days are met without incident, until...

The shadow of impending doom seems to have fallen over the crew of the SDF-1, there's no real threat as yet, but only the sense of what some people would call the calm before the storm

EXT: outside

LISA:
Face it, you lost him!

Lisa looks up and sees veritechs flying their rounds, then we go over to Rick Hunter's trailer where Minmei has been living in Rick's trailer with him several days, Rick sees the same vertichs lisa did.

RICK (V.O.):
Roy was right, once you get this Robotech stuff in your blood it's there to stay.

MINMEI (V.O.):
Why is he so distant? (out loud) Rick, what are you thinking about?

RICK:
Nothing in particular.

MINMEI:
Oh, rick, what if you gave up the army and I gave up my singing? I mean could you be happy if we settled down and had a normal life?

RICK:
I don't think we could.

MINMEI:
But why not? there's so much more to life than this and we're missing it.

RICK:
Because so many people are depending on us Minmei. They look to me for protection and for you to give them inspiration and hope.

MINMEI:
Hmm...life sure is funny isn't it? Nothing has turned out the way I thought it would. When we first met I was totally caught up in romantic dreams, and some of those dreams actually came true but not the dream I had for you and me. Oh, Rick, we still have time, let's get married!

RICK:
Married? Minmei?

MINMEI:
Well at least think about it will ya?

RICK:
Yeah, I will. I'll think about it.

In an south american jungle newly regenerated since the Zentradi holocaust, a new menace lies in wait, Khyron's disabled battlefortress, new restored by the serves of the protoculture matrix stolen by it's resourceful commander.

KHYRON:
Before I leave earth I want to destroy the SDF-1.

The crew is already for their attack, Khyron orders the lift off to destroy the SDF-1.

Unawear of these threating events, the grieving Lisa is still absorbed with her personal heartbreak...

CLAUDIA:
Lisa, what are you doing out here? Admiral Gloval sent me to look for you. Why aren't you on the bridge?

LISA:
I needed to be alone. I'm thinking about resigning.

CLAUDIA:
You must be joking.

LISA:
No, I'm serious, Claudia, I just can't take it anymore. The army. Rick. I'm just not as tough as everybody seems to think I am...

CLAUDIA:
Oh, come off it Lisa. You're not fooling anybody but yourself. Quit talking like some silly simpering school girl. You're a military woman, born, bred, and trained. You're too much of a scraper to give up like this without a fight.

LISA:
There's no use fighting. If Rick prefers Minmei to me, that's just the way it is and there's nothing I can do about it.

CLAUDIA:
But the military is your life. You can't be serious about resigning your commision.

LISA:
Yes, I am, I have to get away.

CLAUDIA:
You mean run away...

LISA:
I couldn't work with Rick and then watch him go home everyday to Minmei. You understand, don't you?

Inside the now quiet, SDF-1 a lonely figures waits and ponders a decision that will deeply affect Lisa's future and the future of all mankind.

SFX: door chime

ADM. Gloval:
Yes, who is it?

LISA:
Captain Hayes, reporting sir. Lt. Commander Grant said you wanted to see me.

ADM. Gloval:
At ease Lisa. I have called you here for a breifing on your new assignment.

LISA:
I'm sorry sir but I can't take a new assignment.

ADM. Gloval:
And why not?

LISA:
Sir, I've decided to resign. In my state of mind, I'm no good to myself or the service.

ADM. Gloval:
You're talking nonsense captain. You can't disregard your duty because of some stupid romance! You're just gonna have to grow up because I need you now more than ever before.

LISA:
You mean you knew?

ADM. Gloval:
I have eyes, haven't I? Of course I knew about you and captain Hunter.

LISA:
Oh I feel like a perfect idiot. Of course my duty comes first. Adm. what is the assignment?

ADM. Gloval:
Good, construction on the new battlecruiser has just been completed
and I want you to command it.

LISA:
My own command?

ADM. Gloval:
Because you are the most experienced officer in the entire command, the
choice was an obvious one. It's a long term commitment though.

LISA:
I understand sir, I accept the assignment.

ADM. Gloval:
Step over here captain, I want you to see this.

LISA:
What an icredible view.

ADM. Gloval:
Yes, our earth is a beautiful planet. It is sad to think that we'll have to be leaving it soon.

LISA:
Leaving? What do you mean sir?

ADM. Gloval:
That's what the new ship is for. The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave it's cradle behind, go forth and claim our place in outer space. That's our assignment captian to follow the trail of the Robotech forces and try to find their homeplanet. Mankind's survival depends upon us. We couldn't possibly survive another holocaust like the last one.

LISA:
But our defense system has been vastly improved and we were good
enough to defeat the Zentradi weren't we?

ADM. Gloval:
For the time being but even as we speak captain, the Robotech
forces are speeding toward their homeworld for reinforcements. You can
be sure when they return, we'll be no match for them. Even our highly
sophisticated defense systems would be useless in a warfare of
Robotechnology. Earth destroyed, they'd return safely home. That's why I intend to make certain the next battlefield will be on their homeplanet.

LISA:
But where is it?

ADM. Gloval:
We'll find it and put an end to this war by destroying their capacity to make war. We leave tomorrow.

LISA:
I'll be ready sir.

Admiral Gloval continues to discuss his battle plans with Lisa, little suspecting that in a very short time the SDF-1 will be involved in a life or death struggle with Khyron's approaching battlefortress..

KHYRON:
There. It will soon be within firiing range. They won't even know
what hit them. The SDF-1 will be nothing more than a footnote in the Zentradi history books.

Back at Rick's trailer:

RICK (V.O.):
How could I give up flying even for Minmei? She just doesn't understand. She's beautiful and sweet. She'd make a wonderful wife.
But I can't even think of settling down now, the SDF-1 needs every available pilot. I can't quit. Lisa would understand. I'm sure she feels the same way.

SFX: doorbell

MINMEI:
Rick, didn't you hear the doorbell?

RICK:
I wonder who it could be. *opens the door and sees Lisa*...Lisa...I mean Captain.

MINMEI:
Hi Lisa.

LISA:
I've come to say goodbye. You see, new orders were just handed down. I'll be going into deep space soon. It's true, I can't beleive it, but Adm. Gloval has gave me command of my own battlefortress. Isn't
it wonderful? It's like a dream come true. My own command at last.
Aren't you happy for me Rick?

RICK:
When are you leaving?

LISA:
Tomorrow. My assignment is to find the homeworld of the Robotech Masters whereever that may be. Adm. Gloval is hoping that we'll find the source of Robotechnology. If we're successful, we could devolop
defenses that would be invunerable against future attacks of the Zentradi or anyone else. It won't be easy of course and all of us realize, it may keep us in deep space for several years. I'm not fooling myself about it. I realize it's possible we may never come back.

RICK:
I'm sure you'll be successful.

LISA:
Thank you, goodbye now. It was an honor to meet you Miss Minmei.

MINMEI:
Thank you.

LISA:
I mean it. Your music has been a great inspiration to us all. I hope you and Rick will be very happy together...

MINMEI:
Thank you Lisa...

LISA:
And now Rick, I only have one more thing to say...I love you, I always
have, and I always will, oh please forgive me Minmei, but I may never see him again and I had to tell him.

MINMEI:
I understand.

Lisa:
Take care of him for me. Goodbye Rick!*she salutes*

MINMEI:
Good luck Captain Hayes, god be with you.

LISA:
Thank you, I have to hurry. My crew is waiting, goodbye..

Rick:
Wait!!

MINMEI:
How can you think of going into space again? You've already done more thanyour share.

RICK:
Because they need me.

MINMEI:
I need you too...

The suprise attack by Khyron's battlefortress has caught earth's defense systems completely offguard...Rick chases after Lisa, and Minmei chases after Rick until...

LISA:
I'll be alright. What's happened?

RICK:
We're under attack. It appears to be Zentradi weapons.

LISA:
You mean they've sent reinforcements?

RICK:
Not reinforcements, there's only 1 ship.

LISA:
I've got to get back to the SDF-1.

RICK:
You're not going anywhere, you're too weak, I'll take care of you Lisa, because I love you.

LISA:
What did you say Rick? I'm not just dreaming this am I?

MINMEI:
Come on Rick, we have to get to a shelter, come on, you can't leave me
like this.

LISA:
Listen Minmei, Rick and I are both soldiers and have our duty to perform. If you really love him, let go of him. He's a pilot, that's his life.

MINMEI:
You call that a life, war, devastation, battle after battle until everything is destroyed?

RICK:
We're trying to put an end to all that Minmei.

LISA:
We hate this war as much as you do. We're fighting to preserve the future of all man kind.

MINMEI:
There's no future.

LISA:
Come on Rick we have to go.

Minmei doesn't want Rick to go, but he does...finally Lisa gets to the sdf-2.

LISA:
Alright Vanessa I'm here. Give me a quick status report.

VANESSA:
A single battle cruiser, 10 degrees southwest, present possition 27 miles but closing in very fast.

KHYRON:
My revenge is well worth waiting for. Admiral Gloval is going to wish he'd never heard of me.

SAMMIE:
Enemy ship still closing fast. Range now 20 miles.

KIM:
I'm getting high level radiation readings.

VANESSA:
They're firing on us, captain.

The sdf-2 is very damaged and Lisa wonders what will happen next...Vanesa Kim and Sammie follow her to a room where Claudia and Admiral Gloval are waiting for them. Max and Miriya have gave their present they made for Chris to him and have flown off to help Rick, the SDF-1 fires it main gun, but Khyron shoots a beam of his own and gets everything very damaged...


INT: BRIDGE, VERY DAMAGED

SAMMIE:
Goodbye Chris, you won't see me again...

Then a flash of light appears in front of her eyes

CHRIS(V.O.):
Come into the light Sammie please.

Sammie runs into the light and she saw Chris, she hugged him, crying, sad but happy to see him still alive.

EXT: OUTSIDE IN DAYLIGHT

SAMMIE:
What happened? How did I get here? How did you save me? how did you know this would happen?

CHRIS:
So many questions but I will answer them all. I've known for a while now, Max and Miriya helped keep this a secret they knew I cared for you. Miriya made the device with Max's help, and I knew when to rescue you *smiling* But for now, we have to get you to the hospital, but not
before we see if Minmei, Lisa and Rick are okay.

Sammie and Chris watch in horror as Khyron's ship collides with the sdf-1, every person inside the ship, is killed, but Lisa is ejected safely from the ship, Sammie and Chris watch the scene with Lisa, Rick and Minmei unfolding. (song cue: to be in love)

MINMEI:
Rick Lisa, thank goodness you're both alright...I realized that my singing is as important to me as the army is to you and rick, and I'm not ready to get married yet, my life is music...Don't forget me rick...goobye for now!!!

Minmei walks away back to Macross city, Lisa and Rick talk about making the SDF-3 and watch the snow fall. Sammie collaspes soon after from exhaustion and is taken to the hospital by Chris. Chris leaves the hospital with Sammie inside. A few weeks later he comes back to check on her.

CHRIS:
Sammie, are you still in here?

SAMMIE:
Yes, Chris I am, but I'm able to go home today because the doctor's have gave me a clean bill of health...I want to thank you for saving me from the descruction of the SDF-1.

CHRIS:
It was my pleasure Sammie. I am in love with you. Here take this. *he hands her a engagement ring*

SAMMIE:
Oh Chris *she's starting to cry happy again* It's wonderful. It's an engagement ring? Oh of course it is, I love you too and will marry you whenever you are ready. *she kisses him*

They pay the checkout bills and leave hand in hand, they go to the place where Lisa always sits to think, they overhear her...

LISA:
Oh, I wonder where Chris has gone? I'm worried about him.

SAMMIE:
Lisa?

Lisa looks up

LISA:
Sammie? Yes it is you. You're alright but how?

SAMMIE:
Chris and Max and Miriya are how Lisa, they made a device that was designed to pull me out of the sdf-1 at just the right moment and save
me.

LISA:
Well, I'm glad both of you are alright. We lost most of the crew of sdf-1 but still others have survived and we are growing strong by the minute. I guess you've heard about Rick and I going to be married...

SAMMIE:
Yes, we have, we are going to get married that same day. So instead of just a normal wedding it will be a double wedding.

Minmei soon joins the group and they remember things that have happened to them over the past year...With the completion of the SDF-3, Sammie and Chris were ready to tell his parents of their plans for the future.
Later it was time for the wedding...Chris was marrying Sammie and Rick was marrying Lisa.

The wedding march was played as both brides came down the aisle towards their future husbands.

PREACHER:
Do you Rick Hunter take Lisa Hayes to be your wife? Also do you Chris Caldwell take Sammie Porter to be your wife?

CHRIS AND RICK:
I DO.

PREACHER:
Do you Lisa Hayes take Rick Hunter to be your husband? Do you Sammie Porter take Chris Caldwell to be your husband?

LISA AND SAMMIE:
I do.

PREACHER:
You may now exchange rings and kiss the brides.

MAX:
Ladies and gentlemen, Minmei is going to sing for us...

(song cue: Together)

Lisa tosses her bouquet of flowers and Minmei catches it and realizes it's over between her and Rick. Sammie tosses her and one of the new officers of the sdf-3 catches it. Later after everything had settled down. Minmei is sitting alone quietly and Chris knocks on the door.

INT: SDF-3 MINMEI'S QUATERS

CHRIS:
May I come in Minmei?

MINMEI:
Oh, Chris, Sure, come on in! Why aren't you with Sammie?

CHRIS:
She's working but her shift is over soon so I'm just wasting some time until she comes back.

MINMEI:
I understand Chris, and I'm very happy for the both of you.

P.A. (V.O.):
May I have your attention Please? Chris Caldwell, you have some visitors waiting for you in the visitors quaters.

CHRIS:
Well I better go see who it is Minmei, I'll be back later I promise you!

When Chris got there he saw Serena Raye and Mina, they had changed a lot since the last time he saw them, mostly they were growing up and had grown a bit taller, Serena didn't even keep her hair in meatballs anymore, she thought it was time for a change.

INT: VISTOR'S QUATERS

CHRIS:
Guys it's great to see you *they all hug*

RAYE:
It's been a very long time, and we're glad to see you too.

MINA:
We have some news for you.

SERENA:
We defeated the negaverse, no more evil can appear from that horrid world. We're here to wish you happiness with your marriage to Sammie.

They walk outside the visitor's quaters and Chris sees her coming. She is wearing the outfit of the sentinels, instead of her normal outfit from the first season

SAMMIE:
Hi sweetie, have you been waiting long?

CHRIS:
It seems like an eternity, but I got to see Minmei and some old friends
of mine, Let me introduce you to Serena, Raye and Mina.

SAMMIE:
Nice to meet you

SERENA, RAYE AND MINA:
Likewise.

Later that day after the scouts had left Chris sits in his and Sammie's quaters and wonder.

CHRIS:
Why am I so sad when I have all of my friends around me?

SAMMIE:
Sweetie cheer up I'm here, we're married and we have the rest of our lives together.

Minmei was there too, and hugged Chris and then left, but reassured him things would be ok. Chris then cries after she has left and Sammie comforts him

SAMMIE:
Sweetie, there's no need to be upset, everyone you know is onboard the
SDF-3, just think if you hadn't rescued me from the destruction of
the SDF-1....

CHRIS:
Yes I know, none of this would have ever happened...

Sammie went over and used the communications port in their room to contact Lisa. Lisa decided to bring Miriya along to see if they could cheer up Chris, which the visit did, and Chris also met Dana and Nova.


DANA:
It's so cool to finally meet you Chris. My parents have told me
of everything you have done to help in our fight and how brave
you were to save Sammie.

NOVA:
Yes, that's right. You sure have a great reputation all around!

Later that night when Chris and Sammie were alone once more, Chris told Sammie something she would never forget the rest of her life

INT: SAMMIE AND CHRIS'S BEDROOM

CHRIS:
I used to always be lonely and never realized that someone could
actually love me for who I am

SAMMIE:
That is where you are wrong sweetie, because I love you and we'll always have each other, I started having feelings for you the very first time we met. Something happened that day that can never be explained.

CHRIS:
I'm glad you feel that way my love *smiles as he kisses her goodnight*

Sammie wraps her arms around her love and keeps him close to her as they sleep that night. then a zoom in of a picture on their nightstand of them together

(song cues: I'm a pioneer, open your heart, and highest calling)