Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / XXXHolic Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ The Four Forges ❯ The Temple of Wind ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Four Forges
Author: kunoichiyumemi
Fandom: Magic Knight Rayearth
Pairing: LantisxHikaru FerioxFuu UmixClef
Disclaimer: Magic Knight Rayearth belongs to all producers and companies that produces Magic Knight Rayearth, including but not limited to Clamp.
Summary: The world of Cephiro has been saved, and as the years pass, the visits from the one time Magic Knights become less and less common until they stop altogether. One day, when a sudden burst of light appears, Clef, Lantis, and Ferio find themselves caught in another world and are given a heart breakingly familiar ultimatium which had once been delivered to the former Magic Knights when they first encountered the denizens of Cephiro almost seven years prior: Save a world which they have nothing to do with and return home safely, or fail and die with as the world around them crumbles into shadow and void.
Note: Extreme OOCness and very AU along with hints of crossovers from xxxHolic and X/1999. Follows both Manga and anime.

Prophesy of the Four Forges
 
Four Forges Dire in the sky
Terra's Silent Guardians.
Wind, Water, Fire, and Earthen Forge
Together guard Seven Seals.
When Earthen Forge made her own world,
Terra lost a Forge and gained a Seal.
When Wind, Water, and Fire Forge
Come to seek the Earthen Forge
Earth Forge and her world shall fail.
If Earthen Forge should fall
Then Fire Forge must remain
Gathering the Shards of her heart,
And save the world of Earthen Forge.
Yet when Earthen Forge falls,
So too do the Seven Seals,
And the remaining Forges Dire
Will summon the Three Night Wizards.
Three sorcerers from another world
To the remaining Forges Bound,
Shall destroy Terra's Pillar
And give rise to new Seals.
When this is done, Fire Forge shall depart
And leave Wind And Water to rebuild.
When Terra has been reborn,
Wind and Water shall follow Fire
To their hearts dear love
In the World where Fire is Pillar.
 
Previously on Magic Knight Rayearth 3: The Four Forges


---"This world!" she called, "Please, save Terra, oh Legendary Night Wizards!"

---"So you three are the ones the Pillar has summoned to the be Night Wizards?" Miyaka said as the city below came to life. "Welcome to Terra, the First World created by the Creator, the Entity known as Mokona Monotogari. You are here to pay off a debt that your former Pillar, the Princess Emeraude, owes to our Pillar, the Princess Hinoto, for the use of three of our Children whom you call the Legendary Magic Knights. If you wish to return to your home, Sorcerers from another world, Know that you cannot do so unless you become the Legendary Night Wizards and save this world."
Chapter 1: The Temple of Wind


"What?!" Ferio cried in shock. "What do you mean we can't return home until we save this world?! We have nothing to do with this place!"

Clef's face was troubled, and Lantis' expression did not change.

Miyaka turned toward the green haired swordsman and said quietly, "Then you do not care if the world that gave rise to the three girls you call the Magic Knights is destroyed?"

"This is..." Clef said quietly, "The world where Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu came from?"

Miyaka nodded. "Correct. Shidou Hikaru, Houoji Fuu, and Ryuzaki Umi were born and raised here in this world, which is called Terra."

Clef sighed, closing his eyes. "The Magic Knights fought for Cephiro even when it didn't concern them. The very least Cephiro can do is return the favor."

Miyaka glanced at Lantis, who had said nothing through the entire exchange.

"And have you no opinion?" she asked.

Lantis blinked slowly at her and said, "I have no objections."

Miyaka turned toward Ferio. "And you?"

Ferio's expression was one of disbelief and doubt. "I will agree," he said slowly, his voice carrying a hint of concern.

Miyaka studied Ferio for a while before she sighed. "Very well," she said as she walked past them to the edge of the platform. "Look out over this city and know that this will be your battleground. There is much that you must learn before the battle actually begins so you may survive in this world. The Wind Forge will tell you all you need to know, however," Miyaka turned and stared into Ferio's eyes and said seriously, "What you must know is that the Night Wizards are chosen because of the bond that they have with the Four Forges. The Three Forges you will meet here in Terra have the most difficult positions in all Terra, and only Princess Hinoto's duty is more of a shackle to this world."

Miyaka turned away to look out over Tokyo again and murmured, "Wind Forge is a source of knowledge, Water Forge a source of refuge and healing, and Fire Forge... You will have to learn the Fire Forge's part on your own."

Miyaka stood still for a moment as the sun rose higher into the sky, then said, "I will give you the start of all that you will need for your duties as Night Wizards, but what is left is up to you to decide."

She turned and her hands began to glow. "Your Cephiran Magic will be of no use to you in Terra, so I will bestow upon you a different magic, one that especially suits each of you. Then I shall send you to the Temple of Wind where the Wind Forge awaits, and there, she will bestow upon you Night Wizards the knowledge that you will need to survive in Terra, and also the gifts from the young woman who will be your benefactor while you are here. That is all I can do for you as Master Mage of Terra."

Clef frowned, "Your power does not extend very far, does it?"

Miyaka smiled. "In this matter, I am merely the welcome committee."

She clapped her hands together, and drew them apart so they were only a palm's length apart. The light began to collect into a sphere in between her hands, and the glow steadily increased until the three from Cephiro could see the light pulsing in a rhythm not unlike that of a heartbeat.

She lifted the orb between her two hands into the air as the wind picked up, whipping leaves and cherry blossoms into the sky. "Bestow Magic!" she cried.

The light pulsed once, twice, three times, and blasted into the air before splitting into three golden colored orbs and darting back down to strike Ferio, Clef and Lantis in the chest just above their hearts. The golden light engulfed them, and Miyaka watched as the light pulsed around the three from Cephiro.

The light faded, and Miyaka smiled faintly and said dryly, "And now you have Terran Magic. I have done my part. I will now send you to the Wind Forge, and she will help you decipher what magic you have gained. The rest is up to you. Remember, in this world, there is no such thing as coincidence, only the inevitable."

A golden light glowed, and lines of light raced over the floor around Ferio, Lantis, and Clef in a dazzling magical array.

"Wide Area Transport!" Miyaka called, "Hexagonal Array!"

The Array of mulitple Hexagons spread and spun outward with the characters for the directions and the elements as well as invocations for the spell itself spinning in a dizzying pattern until the array stopped all movement and in the central hexagon, the image of a golden brown haired woman clad in pale green carrying a winged staff standing before an alter behind which was a magnificent carving of a four winged bird appeared.

"Transport destination locked," Miyaka intoned, "Begin transport!"

And Clef, Ferio, and Lantis began sinking into the array. There was a burst of light as they sank completely into the array, and when the light faded, Miyaka was the only one standing on the roof of the special veiwing platform of Tokyo tower. A smaller array of triangles and characters for the spell appeared beneath her, and with a burst of light, the Master Mage of Terra too, was gone.

---

Hikaru, Umi and Fuu reappeared in a limestone chamber in a swirl of their respective elements. Hikaru had not had to say a word, and Fuu recognized where she was, for the sigil of Windom was laid out on the floor in an intricate mosaic of green, white and gold.

The Temple of Wind was carved into living rock, and the ornately carved pillars arrayed throughout the chamber were mostly there for decorative purposes. A sixty foot tall, ornate metal door stood at the northern end of the chamber, and nine smaller and just as ornate doors were arrayed around the perimeter of the chamber. This would normally be of little consequence, but the doors stood alone, unsupported but for the door frames.

"This is the Temple of Wind," Hikaru said, "an we are in the Outer Chamber. The large door leads to the Inner Sanctum where the Wind Forge serves the Lord of Wind, Windom. It is in the Inner Sanctum that Fuu-chan will meet the Night Wizards. The door directly left of the door to the Inner Sanctum leads to the antechamber of the Temple of Fire and the one directly right of the door for the Inner Sanctum leads to the Temple of Water. The Night Wizards need only know which is the door to the Temple of Water. The in front of the door to the Temple of Fire is the supply room, next to that is the door to the abode of the Witch of Worlds. Do not enter there unless you have no other choice, and even then, whatever wish that you have when you pass through that door, be ready to offer restitution to the Witch of Worlds, what ever she may demand of you. In front of the door to the Temple of Water is the door to the Library, and directly beside that is the door to the Temple Gardens. All other doors are for any guests who may come seeking wisdom or information. There will be a doorway into the Wind Forge's private chambers behind the Alter of Windom in the Inner Sanctum. Fuu, your task is to impart knowledge of the task before them onto the Night Wizards and to train them in the use of Terran Magic and the laws that govern Tokyo as well as the ones that govern the Magic Users of Terra. When your instruction is done, you will give to the Night Wizards the objects I shall leave with you, and then escort them to the doorway to the Temple of Water. From that point on, you will act as nothing more than an advisor when the occassion demands it."

Hikaru took a deep breath and continued, "On the alter, you will find a winged staff. It is the symbol of your office, and through it, Windom will guide you through the duties of the Water Forge until it comes time for you to select a successor."

Hikaru paused, cocked her head upward, then turned her head toward Umi. "Miyaka is preparing the array to send them here. Fuu, remember, use no names if you can help it. Umi, we need to go."

"Un," Umi nodded and she turned toward Fuu, "Good Luck, Fuu."

"Thank you, Umi-san," Fuu said.

"The Wind Forge, in learning and preserving the lore of Terra, has the most painful of duties," Hikaru said gravely, "But remember, Fuu-chan, if you have hope, everything will turn out alright in the end."

"Thank you, Hikaru-san," Fuu said.

Hikaru nodded and she and Umi walked into the door to the Temple of Water. Fuu sighed, then squared her shoulders, and walked toward the massive doors with lead to the Inner Sanctum of the temple of Wind, where the proof of her office, and her first task as Wind Forge awaited.

---

When the light faded, Clef, Lantis and Ferio realized that once more, they were hanging in mid-air in the middle of a vast cavern carved out of living rock near the ceiling, and that the floor was a long way down. They only had a split second to process the throught before they plummeted toward the ground, and Clef and Lantis attempted to summon their beasts to avoid being smeared all over the ornate white, green and gold floors laid out in the sigil of Windom only to discover that there was some sort of a barrier between them and the magic. Clef and Lantis turned their thoughts inward, all too aware of how swiftly the ground was rushing toward them, trying to reach their magic, but found they could not. Ferio, on the other hand, was panicking.

"Binding Winds!" a familiar voice cried, accompanied by the tap of a staff against tiled floors.

A gust of wind wrapped around the three and gently lowered them to the floor.

"We are not impressed by your display, oh, Legendary Night Wizards," the familiar voice said as the fabric of a skirt, so light a green in color that it was almost white, came into veiw along with a green stone that adorned the base of a staff, "We are aware the Master Mage Miyaka informed you of the futility of attepmting to access thine Cephiran Magic while in Terra. It is clear to Us that you are not prepared in the least for the battles which awaits you."

Ferio, Clef, and Lantis finally raised their eyes to recognize the face of none other than their Magic Knight of Wind.

"Fuu!" Ferio cried in surprise.

"That is one of the names by which We are known," Fuu replied, her solemn features unchanging, "We are the Forge of Wind, and you, oh, Legendary Night Wizards, are here to learn the skills you shall require should you wish to remain among the living as you walk the path which has been laid beneath your feet. Our most pressing concern is to instruct you in the laws which govern everyday life in Terra, that you may cross from one side of a road to the other without breaking your neck or being run over. Second, We must break you of reaching for your Cephiran magic while in Terra, a lesson in which We are aided in by Cephiro's Pillar, whose prayers have blocked your access to your native power. First however, We must have you access your magic. Your lessons shall begin immediately. We shall begin with Meditation..."

---

The week passed quickly, and Fuu wondered absently as she fiddled with the Wand of Wind on the last night that Ferio, Clef and Lantis would stay in the Temple of Wind, where the time had gone and if she had taught them all that they needed to know. What if she had neglected to teach them something that they might need in the future? She sighed. She had done her part, and in the morning, Ferio, Clef, and Lantis would no longer be her concern, but rather, Umi's. She sighed, laid the wand onto the stand on the Alter, inclined her head toward the statue of Windom, and went through the door to the left of the statue, and entered her chambers.

---

Morning found Clef, Ferio, and Lantis leaving their respective rooms in the Temple of Wind to find a table set up in the Outer Chamber with Fuu seated at the head of the table sipping from a cup of tea as she flipped idly through a newspaper while the Wand of Wind was propped against the table beside her.

"Good morning, Oh, Legendary Night Wizards," she said lightly, "do take a seat."

The three blinked. In the entire time that they had been in the Temple of Wind, they had only seen the Wind Knight in the Inner Sanctum, and she had never once called them by their names. It had come to the point where they looked at her and did not see the Wind Knight that had saved their world twice over, but the cold indifference of the Wind Forge who was interacting with them because it was her duty to do so. What had happened to bring her out of her solitude to eat with them, when before, the three from Cephiro had always eaten alone in the Outer Chamber?

Fuu smiled over her teacup. "Today is the end of your instruction with Us. Sit, eat. When you have finished, you will recieve the gifts that were left with Us by your benefactor, and you will be sent to meet the Water Forge who will take up the next part of your instruction."

---

Half an hour later, Clef, Lantis and Ferio stepped through the door that the Wind Forge pointed too. They came out in a vast chamber not too dissimilar to the one from which they had just emerged.

"Welcome, Oh, Legendary Night Wizards," a familiar female voice said, "to the Temple of Water."

The three turned left to see standing before the sixty foot tall ornate metal double doors was their missing Magic Knight of Water...
---

TBC
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Magic Knight Rayearth 3 The Four Forges Cephiro will repay her debt to Terra