Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Maybe This Time ❯ Chapter Four - Fluid Confessions ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Previously On Chapter Three…
 
Umi remained silent, and ate half of the cookies on the platter, as she and Clef kept talking silently in their minds. It was only to Umi's knowledge about Clef's unknown repertoire of attitude; he wasn't stuck up, some have seen it- mostly it happens when Umi annoys him and he hits her with the over-sized staff he always carries around. But it doesn't happen now, ever since the war, they rarely argue like that. Probably the brewing love for each other had made that die out.
 
`Ah, thinking about me again, are we?' Clef began, and Umi tried the hardest to block him somehow, but he kept on talking and talking. `I guess he just missed talking this much after seven hundred and what years of being a stuck up old man…' she mentally said that aloud to tick him off, and triumphed.
 
`I'm not a stuck up old man!'
 
---
 
[Maybe This Time]
Chapter 4: Fluid Confessions
 
“Maybe this time
It'll be lovin' they'll find
Maybe now they can be more than just friends
She's back in his life
And it feels so right
Maybe this time,
Love won't end
 
-Maybe This Time, Michael Murphy”
 
---
 
Later that day, Hikaru and Fuu sat merrily down the grass filled land, making garlands of flowers and crowns. Umi, who had been awfully quiet the past few days, had set in a new mood this moment- busying herself with Presea and Caldina teasing her about her love life during her years of absence in Cephiro. She was flustered and embarrassed every time the two ladies pried her for answers, which she reluctantly responded to, having nothing to say anyway.
 
“So?” Caldina cheekily grinned at her, poking Umi's side teasingly. “Yeah, Umi; I'm sure you have tons of stories to tell us.” It was Presea this time, stressing her words strongly for her double edged statement. Hikaru and Fuu, who had been watching this entire antic just laughed, shaking their head comically as they both glanced at Umi who raised her hands up and plopped down the cool grass, her long blue hair creating a pool of locks, shimmering down the sun, her expression differing in contortion, frowning and lips pursing in frustration.
 
“I told you already, I've got nothing to tell!” she muffled on her words while her hands covered her face. But Caldina didn't stop, now hovering over her awkwardly, tickling the helpless Water Knight.
 
“Oh c'mon Umi,” she started; her hands now holding Umi's over her head. “It's been four years. It's nay possible that you didn't have a lover during those times.”
 
Umi frowned even more, struggling from Caldina's restraint, fumbling about to break free. “What about Hikaru and Fuu? They didn't date anyone there for as long as I did…” The said girls chuckled, staring sarcastically at their friend; Caldina however, didn't give her a satisfactory look, but instead, shook her head and slowly moved away from her, glancing up at Presea who seemed to take this as a cue.
 
“But they had Lantis and Ferio, and you didn't-” she said, matter-of-factly, reminding her that she didn't exactly have a lover in Cephiro during her stay like the two remaining Knights did; although Ascot was there, everyone knew she only regarded him as a little brother, so he was out of the question. This made Umi stop in her tracks as she sat up, averting from Caldina and Presea's suspicious glares and eyed Hikaru and Fuu who seemed to have the same look on her faces. “Or did you?” the illusionist teased unknowingly, snickering at Umi.
 
Umi sighed, “I didn't, okay?” picking a small flower, she began to play with it in her hands, letting her question to quiet down her friends. “Besides, it's none of your business- really.”
 
“I'm sure there's more to that, Umi.” Presea ruffled Umi's hair, a slight sad look in her eyes. “We're onto you, Umi-chan.”
 
---
 
For the past half hour, everything has been quiet ever since Caldina and Presea left; Umi rejoined Hikaru and Fuu earlier, who were now trying on the beautiful flower crowns on her heads, giggling and chuckling softly at each other.
 
Hikaru had pink and white blooms docked on her fiery red hair, accentuating her braids with tiny small flowers that soothed on her locks. Fuu had settled with yellow flowers, lined with green leaves that she made into a head band, complementing her blonde hair and green summer dress.
 
“Wow Fuu, that is so cute!” Hikaru squealed, her hands held to her cheeks. “I'm sure Ferio would love it!” She added, making Fuu blush tremendously, squirming around her forest green tube dress; her hair, now grown half way down her back touching her beautiful cream skin.
 
“Uh yes, Hikaru-chan- oh, and is that the dress Lantis-san gave you?” Fuu said as politely as ever, examining the soft fabric that delicately dressed her dear friend. It was a little black dress which was lined with a subtle pink satin underlining.
 
Umi nodded in approval, “For a guy, he sure has a good taste in fashion.” She commented, admiring her own work with the flowers. Hers was made into a half band, attached to a royal blue ribbon. She arranged her hair in a loose bun, with few stray strands from the bunch, falling graciously on her shoulder, twirling them around her finger to give it a slight curl.
 
“Umi, you look like a fairy!” her red headed friend said, clasping her hands together with Fuu who agreed just as much. “And you seem happy too, any special reason behind that, huh, Umi?”
 
Umi blushed, jerking her self away to avoid the question, as she tied the knots on her ribbon as Fuu tilted her head to the side, watching Umi as she nervously strayed away.
 
“Umi-chan,” Fuu started again, placing a hand on her friends shoulder. “Are you keeping something from us?” she asked, anxiousness filling her green eyes.
 
Umi cleared her throat to begin, but one of the Castle guards interrupted them and called out to the said knight.
 
“Lady Umi, the Master Mage wishes to see you.” He said in a courteous bow, the three Magic Knights looking back his way.
 
“I wonder what he wants,” Hikaru crawled towards Umi with a questioning look. Umi stared just as curiously, shrugging her shoulders as she slowly ascended to stand up.
 
“Anyway, I suppose I should go meet him. I'll see you two later, okay?” she smiled and turned to leave, waving her friends goodbye.
 
Hikaru and Fuu watched as Umi faded into the hallway, her figure dissipating down the path. Fuu instilled the look of concern in her eyes, and Hikaru noticed, a naïve, innocent smile creeping on her face.
 
“Fuu, if something's bothering Umi, I'm sure she'll tell us soon.” The Wind Knight smiled in return, nodding her head in favor. “Yes, I know she will.”
 
---
 
There was a soft knocking on the door that made him jump start back into reality, darting back to the huge oak door. He smiled to himself, as he walked towards it, hearing the impatient tapping of a foot from beyond the borders of the room.
 
…Maybe this time...
 
`She's always impatient,' he told himself inwardly, reaching up for the knob as he opened the door, only to find the most alluring sight he has ever seen. Clef stood there speechless, his body rendered stiff as she entered, filling his dull room with life and effervescent energy that he always sought her of having. His eyes seem to wander all over her; her beautiful bright blue eyes, her creamy pale skin, her slender physique, and her soft blue hair. He can't help but draw himself to her, his breath choking up his words, holding her as close as possible, his head hovering over the flower adorned part of her hair, taking in as much air as he could to smell the sweet fragrance of her.
 
“Clef,” Umi called out softly, tugging on his sleeve. The Mage didn't notice at first, but the second time, he did, quite pleasurably. The Water Knight gently bit on his ear whispering softly to him; “Are you even listening?” She had on a perplexed look on her face, matching his.
 
“Uh oh, sorry… I wasn't…” He drew his eyes down on her shoulder, tempted to kiss the small spot where her hair gingerly landed. Umi took a deep breath and smiled, pulling away from the embrace. “The guard said you needed to see me; need anything?” she asked, though perfectly knowing that he just wants to spend time alone with her.
 
…It'll be lovin' they'll find…
 
“Just wanted to see you,” he answered honestly. “I thought so.” She meekly replied as he began kissing her forehead softly. “You look so beautiful today, you know that?”
 
Umi blushed, folding her hands together as he guided her to seat down a couch that was positioned to overlook the view from the balcony. She had always known that he was the romantic type of person, but being the subject of his affection was another thing. All this thought created a smile to form on her lips, Clef watching this change of expression in her, staring down her luscious lips, wondering what it would be like to kiss those again. His thoughts began to waver again to last nights events, his hand brushing on her arm smoothly, tickling her a little.
 
“Do you like it?” Umi said, as she stood up and displayed herself graciously before him, referring to her attire and do.
 
The Mage studied her with a queer eye, working out every detail in his mind, picturing her in a vogue portrait as she spun around to give him a good look of her back, her dress and ribbon fluttering in the air with her swaying movement.
 
… Maybe now they can be more than just friends…
 
“I do,” he smiled. “You look like a goddess; my very own goddess.” Clef pulled her back to him, holding her waist as he sat her down on his lap, nuzzling gently on the curve of her neck, placing soft, chaste kisses that made her shriek and blush at the same time.
 
Umi looked straight in his eyes, finding his words at bay in its reflection, telling her the things he wanted to say; his eyes being the window to his soul shown before her. Her heart rapidly began to beat in a flurry of romance and love, her muscles tensing up every time his hands would graze on her skin; the bareness of her back produced by her simple white dress. The tingling sensation she felt when he'd twirl his fingers around her dainty locks, as playfully as he could, showing his amusement every time he'd smile at its softness. Umi was like putty in his hands, melting down in his embrace, her eyes barely leaving his as she settled her gaze on his soft lips, whispering words of love in her ears, teasing her with his hot breath coursing down to her neck, where he muses memories of his fancies about her; holding her, loving her.
 
… She's back in his life…
 
“Umi,” he breathed heavily on her bosom, snuggling his cheeks ever so delicately on the ample part of her heaving chest, as she looked down to meet his eyes, questioning. “I'm sorry for not letting you know how I felt before, I was afraid that-”
 
The girl held his head close, easing up on his soft lavender hair, her index finger pined on his lips, ceasing his words, “That I might turn you down, is that it?” she asked, her hand holding his' tight against her own, moving it to her face, trailing kisses over it and on his delicate fingers. Clef let out a pleasured moan, responding to her question with a simple nod and a grave expression that was also her own.
 
… And it feels so right…
 
“I guess I was afraid too… I should've told you, but I was wary because I didn't want to leave Cephiro in thoughts of a hopeless romance. And that…”
 
Umi's breathing began to pick up, a sob eluding from her, the words she said fading into soft cries of sadness. Clef saw the grief in her eyes, reciprocating the feeling but kept on suppressing it not to let her down. He wanted to protect her, like he's supposed to. There was nothing in this world that he would not do just to see the beautiful smile on her face once more; but this tears, somehow gave him relief, as the events had already passed on, and now, they were together; warm in each others embrace.
 
… Maybe this time…
 
“Clef, I love you…” she said, hovering her face over his, her forehead leaning against his, her watchful eyes smiling in spite of the tears she just spent- “I love you with ever fiber of my being, I just wanted you to know that.” As she inched forward, she could see his lips move in speech, returning her words of favor to her, regarding his emotions into her heart, etching it there forever in their memory.
 
Love won't end…
 
With a swift movement, he had her pinned on the couch, kissing her passionately and deeply, showing her the depths of his love for her, his hands clasping against hers, fingers entwining together as they kissed intensely and lovingly; their bodies very close and intimate in this dance of passion being displayed by their lips.
 
---
 
“I wonder what's taking Umi so long?” asked Hikaru to her friend, who had been in wonder herself; their footsteps echoing the hollow hallway. “I don't know Hikaru-chan, but maybe we should check her out in Guru Clef's room, he did summon her earlier. He might know where she is.” The Fire Knight nodded, following Fuu's tracks as they walked towards Clef's room.
 
The silence was deafening, and the only audible sound there is, was their footsteps. From the corner of the hall, another set of stomping noise fluttered the empty path, only that this one was brusquer and seemed to be in a hurry. They curiously, the two glanced at each other as they ceased their pace, and looked straight-ahead, wanting to know who owns the stomping and running clamor down the hall.
 
It didn't take long until they stumbled upon a familiar face, Ferio. He was blushing ferociously he scurried away from the hall and began to pace towards them. His lover, the Wind Knight hurried to him, holding his arm as she asked him. “What's wrong, Ferio-kun?”
 
The Prince of Cephiro only shook his head, laughing uncomfortably as he pushed the girls away from the hall, the two girls wondering what's troubling him. “It's nothing Fuu-chan. Ah, Caldina and Presea were looking for you; I think they're in the lounge.”
 
Hikaru brushed away from his hold, darting back to the hall they were walking in to, “We're still looking for Umi, we'll follow them in the lounge when we see her.” She explained in which Ferio manically waved his hands to, blurting his words out incoherently. “I think she's fine. We should just meet with Cal and the others. I'm sure Lantis is missing you Hikaru, so lets.”
 
Ferio basically dragged the two girls carefully to their destination, the flushed exterior of his face still fuming bright red.
 
“Are you keeping something from us?” Fuu glared seriously at him.
 
Clearing his throat out, he spat the words out in panic; “No, no, why would I? He-he-he…” he answered nervously, but obviously, Fuu didn't buy it- of course, this was against Hikaru's point of view, just being excited over-all to be reunited with Lantis again.
 
---
 
To Be Continued…
 
---
 
Author's Note: Wondering what made Ferio rush away from the hall? What do you think caused him to jerk away like that? Heheh, I'm such a tease.
 
Well anyway, we're just a few Chapters away to the end; so please keep on reviewing!