Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Maybe This Time ❯ Maybe This Time - Finale ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Maybe This Time]
Finale
 
---
 
“It's been eight years since then…” Fuu said languidly as she sat down next to Hikaru in the nursery. Hikaru was busy tending to her child; she and Lantis got married about three years ago, and they were happy together. Their daughter was three years of age now, and she was beautiful.
 
Fuu smiled, as she caressed the young girl's cheek, “Umi, she's so beautiful…” she glanced up at Hikaru and smiled.
 
“Yes, she is.” Hikaru beamed up, adding. “Our Umi was beautiful, but this Umi; my Umi, I'm sure the lovely Water Knight would agree more so.”
 
Then the two friends began to giggle. At one point, they thought what it would be like if Umi was still alive. She would've been thrilled to have Hikaru's first child named after her. Nevertheless, they all knew that she and Clef were happy now in heaven. If making little baby angels were possible, they were sure they have their own now.
 
“Mama!” a young boy of about five years of age happily stormed in the room, he had green eyes and pale green hair; Fuu was the first one to name her child after their friend, her son name Clef. And after that, Hikaru vowed if she were to have a girl, she'd name it Umi. It made them feel good to say their names out loud, as if they were still there.
 
“Clef, what did I tell you about knocking?” the little boy cast his eyes down on his feet and began to squirm. “Sorry. But I really wanna see Umi and have nap time here.” He said apologetically, which his mother obliged to quickly.
 
“Okay, you can stay. But don't wake Umi, okay? Aunt Hikaru had just sent her to sleep.” Fuu said sternly, and Hikaru giggled; it was amazing how great of a mother Fuu was. And she was glad she had a friend like her close by to give her advice.
 
“Oh, I nearly forgot.” Hikaru started, “I have cookies baking in the oven.” She hurriedly got up and went to pace to the door, when Fuu stood up also to lend her a hand.
 
---
 
“Look Clef,” a giggly voice of a blue haired woman billowed in the air. “Hikaru and Fuu named their child after us.” She clung happily to him, nuzzling her face on his arm. Umi loved Hikaru and Fuu, and regarded them as the best friends she had always dreamed of. And it was quite thoughtful of them to still remember her by this way; Umi was certainly adorable, she thought.
 
Clef smiled, “Fuu was certainly sweet. I just hope this Clef gets his brains from his mother.” He said jokingly, grinning at Umi who understood the joke very well.
 
Then the girl began to wake up, and Umi had to tend to her quickly. “Hello,” she said softly, nuzzling against the child's cheek and then turned to the little boy named Clef.
 
“I'm Umi.” She glanced up at Clef and told him to come near. “I'm Clef. We're friends of your parents.”
 
The two children just beamed up at them in wonder, with eyes suspended to their white feathery wings. “Are you… an angel?” The young Umi asked of her, touching her wings.
 
“Yes,” and she reached down the girl and placed a beautiful headdress over her hand- the one that Clef gave her years ago. “That's for you.” Umi kissed the girls forehead and walked back to Clef who knelt down before the young boy.
 
“And here's yours,” Clef gently laid his adorned headdress over the young Clef's head, smiling as he ruffled his hair.
 
“Well, goodbye now. We can play some other time. Before you two get in trouble, you'd better tuck back in your bed's before they catch you.”
 
Umi winked at them, as she and Clef began to vanish.
 
---
 
“I hope you tow are-”
 
Hikaru was hushed by Fuu as they got in. The two kids were sleeping peacefully in their beds like little angels.
 
“Aww, their so adorable, are they Fuu?” Hikaru looked at her friend over her shoulder. “Yes, yes they are.” Fuu smiled and proceeded to kiss Clef on the head, when she found the headdress he wore.
 
“Oh my god..!” Hikaru exclaimed, finding Umi's favorite headdress on top of her Umi's head. Fuu had the same shocked looked on their faces.
 
“Do you think..?” Fuu started, still can't believe what she saw. “They visited them.” Hikaru smiled, hugging her friend Fuu.
 
“That was so nice of them; looking after our children. Oh Hikaru, how I miss them..!” Fuu wiped a tear from her cheek and Hikaru's. The two Magic Knights walked over to their window and watched the clouds move in the clear blue sky. Somewhere, there in the heavens- Umi and Clef are watching over them.
 
---
 
The End
 
---
 
Authors Note: Reviews please. It's finally finished, I hope you liked it!