Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ My Love, Return To Me ❯ Fire Within ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I wish I did own the Rayearth Series, but that's merely a wish. Perhaps if I try and think REALLY hard it will come true! *wishes really hard* Nope, doesn't work. I lied. And I still don't own the Rayearth Magic Knight Series.
Ya'll miss me!? As a matter of fact, are you still with me? BTW, I never got charged! YAY!! This chapter has some potty language. *tsking* Mokona's got a foul mouth, so does Aya (Rayearth)


Chapter Eight:Fire Within


Primera explained what Mokona's plans were, and what happened to them all, how they got to be humans, and the like to a very surprised Lantis.
But, he only understood one thing.
Rodundria was without a leader, or a mage.
He sighed, they had allowed love to rule them so forcefully that they lost their heads to their hearts. Lantis had more control than they, and had no trouble admitting that he would lead Rodundria, if it meant sacrificing Hikaru.
It's what she would want.
He never knew that was what Primera was counting on.
And that was when he heard Hikaru calling to him.
Lantis. Return to me, my love.
* * * * *

Hikaru and Mokona awaited the magical sword masters coming, both in a companionable silence, Hikaru sleeping on Mokona's shoulder, and Mokona staring at the beds.
Three empty beds.
He had sensed Clef, and Ferio come earlier, and he knew that Primera left.
And he knew what was going on through Lantis's mind.
Anger filled him as he glanced down at a helpless Hikaru, sleeping, and looking more like a child, than a woman in her early twenties.
Lantis, He thought. If you hurt her, you will find that one mans trash will be another mans angel.
* * * * *

Hikaru was in a dream.
She saw him.
He wasn't smiling at her, but he was frowning, and his eyes were sad.
She wanted to take away his sadness. She couldn't stand to see her beloved like that.
She smiled to him, his eyes blazed with fury.
"I didn't think the Magic Knights were selfish." He said bluntly.
Hikaru looked confused.
He sighed, praying for patience. "The mage and the prince are in your world. Rodundria has no one to lead them. I must stay and lead them, if I leave for you, they will be defenseless."
Hikaru understood then. "Stay Lantis."
He looked angered. "I didn't need your permission. I feel dirtied speaking with the likes of you."
She looked wounded. Lantis knew better. Primera had told him everything.
"I will not give you my love."
* * * * *

Mokona shook her awake, tears of sorrow falling down her face.
"Hikaru!" He cried out worriedly. "What's wrong?"
"He's not coming!" She cried out. Tears fell faster down her porcelain cheeks. "He said I was selfish to want something that others needed. He said I was being selfish!
She buried her head in Mokona's chest. "Mokona! It hurts!"
He rubbed her back. "Oh, Hikaru." He murmured. Her pain sliced through him like a thousand daggers. Anger seethed in him as well, rage from discovering his hurt little Hikaru.
Lantis was a fool. He didn't think that all she wanted to do was love him? And that perhaps she didn't even know about the dreams? It wasn't her fault! If Lantis had to blame someone, why not him? It wasn't like Lantis to be doing that though. Someone must have pit him against Hikaru. . .
Primera, He thought furiously.
He would go after her if he could, and berate her for such callous attitude. But what good would that do?
Hikaru had lost the one she loved.
A part of him hurt to know that her heart wholly belonged to Lantis.
He felt a part of him awaken, reborn from fire.
* * * * *

Rayearth sensed Hikaru's hurt from their dimension.
He, Selece, and Windam were still in their human forms, unsure how to revert to mashin without Mokona's help.
Fire blazed around him. He was infuriated that Primera had lied to them, and two faced them so coldly for her own selfish gain! And she believed she would have Lantis!?
Selece glanced over at the younger mashin. "Calm down, Aya." He said, calling him by his nickname.
Windom shook his head. "You're going to kill someone that way."
"Yeah!" He growled. "I'm going to kill Lantis!"
He vanished from their dimension in search for Mokona and Hikaru.
Windam and Selece sighed as they followed the rash younger, mashin.
When the darkness of their dimension gave way to moonlight, stars, and sea, Selece longed to be in his dragon form, and Windam sighed with desire to have wings.
"There they are!" A female voice cried out.
The two mashin looked toward the voice.
Running across the sands toward them were Umi and Fuu. Trailing after them were Ferio and Clef. They were all laughing like idiots.
Umi and Fuu leapt at the two mashin. They smiled as the looked at them. "Clef and Ferio are trying to catch us!"
Selece rolled his eyes. "Umi, we can see that."
Umi's eyes narrowed. "Why didn't Presea threaten to punish you?" She said sarcastically.
Fuu squealed when she saw Ferio make a leap for her. The golden prince frowned when his emerald knight slipped to the side, easily dodging him.
Ferio kissed sand.
Fuu was smiling sweetly at him when he looked up and said, "If our wedding night is like this, woman, you may have to be tied down."
Fuu smiled. "IF you can catch me."
* * * * *

Rayearth barged into the cabin, a whirlwind of fire trailing him.
"What the FUCK is wrong with Primera! I know she did this, Mokona!" He roared.
Hikaru was fast asleep when Mokona looked up again, his eye scold silver as he sat beside her on the bed.
"I'll take care of her, you watch Hikaru." Rayearth immediately calmed down when he saw she was no longer distressed.
He nodded, and Mokona vanished.
* * * * *

Primera sensed her victory, if only Lantis would look at her! He brooded for the past half hour! She was getting impatient.
He was on the throne, sitting there with his hand on his knuckles, staring at the tall doors, lines gold. Presea was at his side, she had heard what had happened to the mage and prince, defeat shined in her eyes.
Primera didn't pity her. If she really wanted Clef back from the Sapphire Knight, then she should go and fetch the short stuff! A woman who didn't do her own work was a coward in her opinion.
"Lantis-" Primera began, but was cut off by a roar of fury.
"KAILU!" The roar echoed through Cephiro, the castle made of crystal.
The golden doors opened, and Lantis found himself standing up, and staring at someone he had long ago thought dead.
"Eagle?"
He blinked, and discovered there were a lot of differences from this man to Eagle. For this man was not Eagle. His hair was tinged pink, his eyes a cold, ruthless mercury, that glowed hot with anger.
"Who are you?" Lantis demanded.
"Who the fuck do you think you are!?" The man roared, ignoring Lantis's demand. "I give you what you most want; Hikaru, and you turn her down for a half ass story from that wench!?" He pointed to Primera, who, realizing Mokona's anger was directed at her, shrank from him. "I don't think she told you that when you left, the mashin and I would protect Cephiro? No?"
Lantis's confusion was written all over his face, Eagle's mirror image looked pissed, and because he had. . . He had hurt Hikaru.
"I know I hurt her," Lantis snapped. "But, she wanted me, and didn't care if it meant the downfall of Rodundria! The other magic knights didn't care either, and I don't even know who you are!"
Mokona glared at Lantis. "You don't deserve to know who I am. It would be a mockery to tell you."
They glared at each other for several minutes.
Then Mokona turned to Primera. "You wanted Lantis, and you hurt someone in the process. I hope you get caught in your lies, Primera." He turned to Lantis. "And I hope your heart breaks the way Hikaru's is as we speak. You will never hear of, or speak to her again." He spat on the ground in front of Lantis. "You couldn't even honor Eagle's last wish. You were his friend. Someone he didn't even know respected him, and the magic knights enough to make it come true."
With that, he vanished from the chamber, a twister of fire marking the spot where he had been, then vanished.
* * * * *

Hikaru was in another dream.
Someone was holding her. Warm arms tightening around her. A feeling of security washed over her as she sighed with contentment. She had no clothes, her breast were rubbing up against arms that hand wound around her. She felt breathing stir the hair at the nape of her neck, making her open her eyes to a fire place.
Hikaru, The voice said. Hikaru. . . I will protect you now. I promise you, I will love you.
It sounded like Eagle, someone that she did love with her heart, almost as much as she loved Lantis.
But, she knew it wasn't. It was someone different, someone new.
Someone who stroked her inner fire to life.
Mokona. . .
* * * * *


A/N: Did any of you see that coming!? Wow! Dramas, dramas! Heh, heh, heh, I think the next two chappies will end it, eh? Dun, dun, dun!