Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Never Again... ❯ Death to Agony ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Never Again…

Death to Agony.

"Your world…" she repeated desolately to herself.

Why had she come back? Even Umi herself couldn't find an appropriate answer without knowing deep down it was a lie.

She felt alone on Earth, not by friends, she had friends, all dear to her, and her close friends, Hikaru and Fuu always be her side when down or in danger, but they had something more than friendship as well, something Umi wanted well before her knowledge of Cephiro.

She'd always try not to dodge what the old saying call 'a bullet', but it was flipped, it dodged her.

Something accented her room; she saw it enter the window faintly from the corner of her eye. It was light, sunlight… it was now time for the sun to wake. She envied the sun for even he was able to sleep when she couldn't.

Your… world…

The words never left her head… they were her insomniac drug as well as the memories of his face, they way he didn't want her to see the torture reflecting in his eyes, and not just from his own soul, a reflection of hers also.

Your world his pain, all suffering because I'm too much of an idiot to see sooner… I never asked enough, never spent time enough… I never though you viewed me more than a close companion… Now I do, you gave me your pain when I left, lying dormant until I saw you once more… Now I… I…

"I've fallen into love…" she said her last thoughts, making sure it was truthfully what she felt rather than some idea created up by her sheer weariness.

Umi began to doubt it was her exhaustion bombarding her mind with outrageous things… the way she had an urge to run straight to him once she first arrived, how she felt so much more alive being with him on that mystical creature, and how much it hurt when she picked up the tremble in his voice. Her first assumption to all this yesterday was just being so thrilled to be within Cephiro that she felt the emotions of others, but as time when onward, she saw how she was happy, angered, and miserable when he was… then there was her most important clue, the dream. A hallucination in her sleep that sprung a shock to her, a dream shameful, but not without it's pleasures…

White satin sheets covered them, bedding filled with downy feathers below them, and their robes and armor scatted around them… her laughter echoed throughout the vast plane of heavenly white, a deeper laugh suddenly joining with hers. He dove his strong hands into her hair, her head lowering and her arms curling around his neck. Head tilted to the side, her lips pressed tenderly on his jaw line, flirting harmlessly with him until her head was pulled where her eyes were identically aligned with his… he had her now. Thrusting forward, he found her lips sealed with his, kissing her affectionately, but it only poured fuel to an already raging flame. He had to have more than just a supple kiss, his kisses were stronger now, but the passion only grew on…

She leg go, not to discontinue, only to catch the breath he stole charmingly from her, to brush away the wild bangs of his face and his eyes dance with excitement, and to whisper before she once more embraced the taste of his lips 'I am forever yours, Ascot, my love'.

…Such a dream was so out of place from her usual imaginings of herself as a child chasing an ice-cream truck; it woke her up in a cold sweat and left her in a stressfully confused state for days.

She saw now, she saw what her heart cried for, but her mind brutally wouldn't allow, she denied it for so long, the distress continuously put dormant, never spoke of, never known…

That dream was a warning, a final attempt to show her what she felt, not what she thought. She didn't heave the caution sooner… now she would forever walk beneath a dark rain cloud snickering wickedly at her ignorance.

The cream sheets of her bed whipped behind her, her body ramming into the door at a horrid attempt to stand. She was weak; a restless night of weeping in confusing had paid its ruthless toll.

A limp hand fell onto the doorknob, twisting it open when her body wasn't ready. She spilled out of her room, crashing to the floor with a dejected moan sliding below her breath. Her eyelids becoming weights on her face… sleep was coming, after she had spent every second of the night thinking and crying, after she had tossed for hours, after she couldn't let herself deny her heart anymore, blessed sleep opened the path for her dreams…

Was she hurt? Did a beast shatter through her window…? Was she alive?

Ascot found himself sprinting down the dim passageway straight to the site of rumble. He wouldn't live to forgive himself if she beyond doubt was gone forever, particularly after the ominous talk he held with her earlier in the night.

She wasn't even conscious, the blood not even circulating well throughout her features: she was as white as a phantom. She was breathing, but barely as the little height her chest would rise with each new breath. The faint blue nightgown clung to her body still, no blood or slashes were visible on her body, and the only thing untidy in the room was the bed. She had fainted, this he was sure, but his question of why still went unreturned…

Gliding his left arm under her neck and his right over her thy, Ascot tugged her frail body from the ground until her head dropped to his shoulder. Left hand gripping her shoulder tightly, right swiping the strands of locks past her shuteyes, he pressed the back of his hand to her cheek. Cold, cold as the night breezes.

Gasping vaguely, he gathered the rest of her icy body into his arms, springing right into her room, and pouncing onto the unmade bed. Umi was with him the seconds he took to dash in, she was with him now, being lovingly watched over by watering jade eyes, sturdy arms keeping her from falling once more to a stiff floor, sweet whispers filling her ears and protecting her mind for the web of nightmares… it was so familiar… it… was just like his wish, his solemn pray of this very moment on the back of his stealth Griffin. The Gods were smiling right on him… on them.

"Asc…" a petite voice struggled to whimper his name.

"Umi!" Ascot shouted, his heart banging on his ribcage, "…Don't talk, just rest."

She sighed, nuzzling her head on the silk robes shrouded his chest, "Never again will I…"

His finger to her lips sealed the fate to her sentence, his quivering body able to speak so daringly again, "Don't speak…"

Within a instant that made all her woe and sobbing she had done worth while, his head dropped, his eyes only staying within hers a second more before their lips met, making all the ache of the history seemingly pointless.

She wouldn't hide it, ashamed she had done it for so long, afraid he wouldn't forgive her… but he was near now, embracing her as everlastingly ecstasy in love, taking her last amount of strength and her all-the-while adoring it, pulling her back flat into the bed and enfolding himself on her…

His forehead on hers, joy filled eyes watching over one another sincerely, and tears of apology racing down her face, Umi drank in the soothing sent of Ascot's body, curling to him more to collect his heat, knowing never again would she trouble him so…

~*~

Ta-da, my work for the Ascot and Umi peeps… even though it's fairly short. My apologies for that, it was just something I've been putting off, not to mention busy-work to keep me from killing my Spike figure… that reminds me, I have to run off and get the Cowboy Bebop DVDs before this storms rolls in, Gotta run! Catch you later!

~ Bliss S.