Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ To Give It All ❯ Welcom Back... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Note: Anytime you come across a name that is bolded and underlined the next section is in their POV. Have fun, and please leave a review!
 
 
Kaith: - Welcome Back
 
I took a deep breath of fresh, clean air, and slowly let it out. It was good to be back in Cephiro. I stared out over the balcony with a slight smile on my face. I gradually extended my arms out and closed my eyes, feeling my magic swirl around me. The wind twirled around me, flinging my hair gently across my face. I tilted my head back, reveling in the feeling of the wind against my skin. Cephiro always gave this to me, this feeling. I took another deep breath and then relaxed, releasing my magic
 
“Impressive. There may be some hope for you yet.” A soft voice came from behind me. I smiled in happiness.
 
“Clef!” I said, turning around. I stopped, shocked. “What the hell happened to you?” I exclaimed in surprise. Clef's robes were torn and there were blood and mud stains all over his face. He was leaning heavily against his staff, and he seemed about to collapse. He gave me a tired smile.
 
“There was a flood in one of the villages by the shore. Luckily, no one was killed, but some crops and houses were destroyed. I had to force back the waters.” I stared at him, incredulous.
 
“Why didn't you get Umi to help you?” I asked him. “She commands water!” He looked away.
 
“She was out…” That was all he would say. She was with Ascot, no doubt. I thought to myself. “Because I was gone, helping with the flood, I was not here to welcome an old friend to Cephiro. I apologize.” He said seriously, bowing. I shook my head and smiled at him.
 
“ No, that's fine! I figured it must have been something important!” I said cheerfully. He smiled slightly and nodded, but said nothing aloud, just stepped up to stand next to me on the balcony. I turned around, and we both stood there for a few minutes, staring out over Cephiro.
 
“I'm glad you're back.” He said quietly.
 
“I'm glad to be back. It's very good to be back in Cephiro, Clef. It really is.” I said softly. He nodded his head slowly with a knowing smile on his face; he understood what I meant about Cephiro.
 
“I must go now.” He said after a moment. I grinned.
 
“Yeah, go heal yourself.” He disappeared. I leaned over the railing and put my head in my hands.
 
~+~ Flashback, no POV ~+~
 
“Hey, Clef?” A four-year-old girl lay on the grass beside a boy that was about the same age as her. She twirled a lock of her brown hair.
 
“Yeah?” The boy answered, as he played with a blade of grass.
 
“Will you always be my friend, Clef? Will you?” She asked earnestly, while she stared at him with wide innocent eyes. He looked at her with his mouth open.
 
“Of course I will! We'll be friends forever and ever!”
 
~+~ End Flashback ~+~
 
Clef - Memories
 
Well, that was… interesting…I thought to myself. I gripped my staff and summoned what little power I had left after pushing back the flood, and I healed myself. I stood there for a minute, in the middle of my study, with my eyes closed.
 
It had been a long time since I had seen Kaith; the last time I had seen her was when I found out that Emeraude and Zagato were in love. I rubbed my head wearily. Unwanted memories there… I walked over to a table and picked up a worn Spell book. I rubbed the cover absently. I began randomly flipping through the pages, eyes skimming over the pages, not really reading it. Kaith brings back many memories…some bad, but many good… Never the less, I was glad that she was back.
 
~+~ Flashback- Clef's POV (They're about 10 years old) ~+~
 
Her soft fingers rubbed gently across my back, cleaning out the blood with a wet cloth. I gritted my teeth, determined not to show any pain. I was good at that; I had to be. Every time she came across a particularly deep one, she would hiss and shake her head in disapproval.
 
“I…I suppose its good that you are leaving to be trained as a Mage. Then…then you get away from…” She trailed off, but I knew what she meant. My father. He was the one that had given me these cuts. I turned around to look at her.
 
“They say I have great…potential. I'll be leaving next week…” She turned away, biting her lip. I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me. A single tear ran slowly down her face.
 
“I don't want you to leave.” She whispered.
 
“I'll miss you Kaith. But I won't forget you, ok? Friends forever, right?” She nodded.
 
“Friends forever.”
 
~+~ End Flashback ~+~No POV- Watching
 
This is highly amusing…A man thought to himself, amused, several hours away from the castle. I love spying on people using magic…Especially when it's the Master Mage…He watched Clef transport out of the girl's room, heal himself, and stand there flipping through an old book with a troubled look on his face. The man leaned back in his chair and took a sip of his wine.
 
“In-ter-est-ing…” He said aloud. After a moment, there was a nock at the door. “Yes?” He said distractedly. The door swung slowly open, and then closed behind a strange figure. Long black hair fell around a pointed face, while two midnight black wings extended behind him. He stared at the back of the chair with calculating red eyes.
 
“Master.” He said coldly. The man laughed.
 
“Please now Alaka, call me Yaku!” He laughed again, and beckoned at the strange figure with his free hand that was not holding the glass of wine. “Come now, my friend, report!” The strange creature stepped forward, glaring with red, hateful eyes at Yaku. Yaku waited, /seemingly/ unaware of the other's glare.
 
“ Training is going very well, and there are 20 new recruits coming tommorow.” The creature reported tersely, and Yaku smiled genuinely.
 
“Good, good! All is going well, indeed! And I think I have a plan!”
 
 
~About an hour later~
 
Kaith- Sugar High
 
“Kaith!!!! Presea!!!!” Hikaru's voice yelled behind us. She bounced down the hallway toward where Presea and I were standing. Umi and Fuu followed behind her, amused. Hikaru skidded to a stop in front of us. “We're going to have a party! It will be like a sleepover thingy! Its going to be so much fun!!! I brought lots and lots of candy!!! Come on!!” She grabbed our hands and dragged us toward her room. She finally released our hands as she bounded into her room. She began rummaging into an extremely large pack and came out with a huge bag. “Chocolate!” She said happily. Presea and I looked at each other. Hikaru offered the bag to us. Presea grinned at me.
 
“Last time their candy was amazing!” She said happily and took the bag from Hikaru. We both plucked a piece of chocolate from the bag and unwrapped it. We popped it into our mouths, and broke out into grins as the delicious chocolate melted into our tongues.
 
Presea stuffed candy into her mouth as fast as she could, as the Knights doubled over in laughter.
 
“This is really good!” She exclaimed, stuffing more candy into my mouth. I nodded earnestly and stuck another into my mouth.
 
“I love it!” I said happily. Umi snickered.
 
“We noticed…” She said sarcastically. I mocked glared at her.
 
“Well, be that way!” I said, throwing a piece of chocolate at her. She sat there a moment, staring at me, and then Hikaru squealed.
 
“Food fight!” She screamed, diving for the candy. She came up with fistfuls of chocolate, which she threw at me, giggling. We all joined in, shrieking with laughter! Umi dumped down half melted chocolate into my hair, and I tackled her, getting chocolate all over her clothes. She giggled hysterically and tried to shove me off. We both collapsed next to each other, almost choking on our laughter. Presea, Hikaru and Fuu were all giggling in a heap on the floor, with chocolate stains all over their clothes and faces.
 
“Ahem.” A cough came from the doorway. I turned bright red. Clef stood in the doorway, adorned in new robes, and looking slightly amused.
 
“Uh…hi?” Hikaru said sweetly- chibi style. I giggled; I couldn't help it. Clef raised an eyebrow at me.
 
“Never mind, I don't think I /want/ to know what you are doing…” Shaking his head, he turned and left. We stared after him for a second, and then we all burst into hysterical giggles.