Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Dangerous Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ken Akamatsu owns Negima but all the other characters belong to me, especially Teeny and Tiny. There are tons of inside jokes that everyone but me and that one person will not understand the full humor.
 
 
A mischievous cherub flittered around with a huge smile plastered on her face. She was the size of a small fairy and in her tiny fists she held a bow and arrow. Giggling, the cherub flew pass several people trying to surmise which couple she wanted to give the gift of love to. Each couple looked tempting to use her one arrow on, but she quickly dismissed them all. She didn't exactly want to waste her one and only arrow. After all, she just graduated from her first year of cherub school, and the moment you graduate, you are given an arrow and bow.
She still had a while to go before becoming a full cherub under the guidance of Eros, but she was restless and more than excited when she finally received her first arrow. Having arrows signify your status among the cherubs. A quiver full of them meant that you were a general. She was still a cadet. Wanting to show off her cool new power, she escaped from the dormitory of Love-Love Middle School to wander around the earth.
She managed to drag along her friend, who protested the entire way. “Quiet! Do you want everyone to hear you?” The cherub asked her friend. It had been a chore just to drag her friend out without notifying everyone.
“I didn't ask for you to bring me along! We could get into serious trouble if we are caught by the school. Do you know what will happen? Suspension, or most likely, we will be kicked out! We will be barred from ever becoming real cherubs. You may not care, but I do care what happens with my future.” A girl around the same height as her friend, whispered angrily.
“Don't worry, we won't get caught. Do you honestly believe I will shoot someone with this arrow? Besides, even if I did the effects won't last long. The school isn't so foolish as to give us real arrows. The effects aren't permanent.” The cherub rolled her eyes in distain.
“That's not the point. I know you, Teeny. You will do something stupid like you always do. You'll shoot someone and all of hell will break loose and the principal will have to bail you out once again!” Teeny was ignoring her friend as she flew around.
“Ooh, they look like a cute couple. Maybe I should shoot one of them. NO! Wait, I'll shoot this couple.” Teeny was ecstatic.
“Are you listening to me?” Her friend blocked her view as Teeny targeted a couple, her bow locked and loaded.
“Yes, I can hear you.' Teeny sighed dramatically, “How can I not hear you, Tiny?”
“Then stop! Let's go back and maybe we can sneak back into our dorm room without being missed. Then we can pretend that this night never happened.” Teeny gave Tiny a bored look in return.
“You know what your problem is, Tiny? You're too serious. You need to learn to loosen up and have fun. Get out every so often and break a few rules. Having fun isn't that horrible. All you do is keep your nose stuck inside a book and study. Seriously, you have got to be the most boring person I know.”
“I don't care what you call me, Teeny. I still stand by my choice. Unlike SOMEONE, there are people who need to study to pass their exams!” Tiny crossed her arms stubbornly.
“Then go back. If you're so miserable without your books then go back to those rose-scented pages! I'm going to use my arrow tonight.”
“Teeny, have you even thought your plan through? If you use your arrow tonight, everyone is going to know you've used it.” Tiny could see she stumped her friend, “Because our arrows are our student ID that identifies us. If you don't have it then you won't be able to remain in school much less become a full cherub.”
Teeny remained silent as she processed the information. `Dammit, she's right, but, I want to try out my arrow so much!' Frowning, Teeny lowered her bow along with her head. Tiny relieved to see that Teeny was finally going to take her advice and decided to quickly divert the thinking cherub before Teeny came up with a counter plan. As Tiny happily led the disheartened Teeny in the direction of the fairy academy, Teeny's head began to think.
“Wait! If I remember correctly from our studies, the arrow doesn't disappear. After a week, it reappears on the person and the spell wears off. So, I can use it and still get along just fine! We are having a two week vacation so it will work out!” With renewed enthusiasm, Teeny darted away to search once more for an amiable victim.
Clenching her small fists, Tiny glared after the excited cherub. `Of all the lessons she remembers, she recalls the one lesson that actually suits her argument! Considering how she sleeps all the time in class, I'm surprised she can remember anything the teacher tells us.' She quickly followed her friend hoping against all odds that she could convince Teeny to stop.
 
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
 
Setsuna kept her back pressed against the course brick wall as she watched her charge entering a store with a few friends. Even after the Kyoto trip and the tournament, Setsuna still found herself unable to break from her old habits, such as secretly watch..protecting Konoka from the shadows. Even if she had mended the bridge of friendship between herself and Konoka, she still was a novice whenever it came to handling her over zealous friend.
Turning her sights away from the store, she allowed her eyes to travel around the scenery to safety measures. Certainly after so many years of being reunited, she could at least loosen up a bit more whenever she was around the mage but every time she considered the notion her face would bloom scarlet red. Even now, she felt her heart quicken and her hands slick with sweat. `Get a grip on yourself, Sakurazaki! You're a trained warrior. Controlling your emotions was the first step of your training.' Annoyance burdened her thoughts at her lack of control.
Her ears picked up a sound she could always detect in the busiest of places. She turned her attention back to find Konoka and friends departing with several shopping bags. From her distance, Setsuna was able to listen to the conversation the girls held. Mainly, the topic arose to boys, clothes, music, and other casual conversation. Keeping a few yards behind and hidden, Setsuna patiently followed until the girls separated in front of the college dormitory. Letting out a sigh of relief, Setsuna relaxed her stance and lowered Yuunagi to her side. Konoka remained standing alone in place for a few minutes, which puzzled Setsuna. Setsuna remain rooted behind a large tree, `Is she crying?' Alarm filled her being as Konoka's head was bent and her shoulders shook.
“You can come out now, Set-chan.” Her voice countered Setsuna's worries. The girl was giggling. Knowing it was fruitless to even hide, Setsuna stepped out from behind the tree and walked toward her ojousama.
“How long have you known?”
“Set-chan,” Konoka faced the samurai with a smile and head titled sideways, “After all these years, I've learned how to detect your presence. I've known all day. Besides, you're predictable. You always follow me around. Now my question to you is, why do you always hide?”
Setsuna looked down at her feet while kicking at an imaginary rock, “I can't allow anything bad happen to you.” She glared at the cement as she experienced the common heat rushing up her neck. Soft warm hands reached out for hers and held them gently.
“You can protect me even better by being next to me like this.” Konoka took two steps to get as close to the shy, flustered half-demon without scaring Setsuna off. “Besides, I'd feel much safer if you were by my side than at a distance.” Konoka whispered.
Setsuna's heart was practically hammering against her chest threatening to break her ribs. Coherent thought was now nonexistent. “Ojou-“
“Kono-chan.” Konoka's voice commanded.
“K..Kono-chan, I can't.” Setsuna could feel the heat from the healer getting closer, but she was paralyzed.
“Why?”
“Because, you're-“
“If you're going to throw my status in my face again I'm going to hit you. Set-chan, if that is your only excuse for us not being together then I would have to say your argument has been used and abused. It no longer holds any meaning. To me, you're you and I am me. Nothing more than two girls enjoying each other's company to the fullest. The one who is placing barriers between us is you.”
“….”
“Now, if you can't give me a suitable response to my question, then there is nothing holding you back from standing by my side.”
“But, Oj..I mean Kono-chan, your family-“
“My family loves you.”
“What about your im-“ Konoka cradled Setsuna's face in her hands bringing her face merely inches away from each other.
“The only image I care about is how I perceive myself to the ones I love. Do you think less of me?”
Setsuna's eyes widened in horror that maybe she gave Konoka the wrong impression. “Never, my respect for you only increases everyday.”
“Then I have nothing to fear. So, are you finished with your protesting?” Setsuna nodded with a faint blush on her cheeks. “Good.” Konoka squeezed the flustered half-demon's hands, “Your lack of self-esteem is cute to a certain degree, but you have got to learn that you're not as horrible as you make yourself out to be.”
“Yes, Ojousama….I mean Kono-chan.”
Konoka smiled as she squeezed Setsuna's hand in appreciation. A light buzz was heard in Konoka's ear; Konoka released one of Setsuna's hand to swat at the annoying bug before leading her knight inside the school dorms. Setsuna allowed Konoka to lead her inside the dormitories when she felt a slight prick on the back of her neck. She slapped at her neck, pulling back her hand to see if she killed whatever annoying pest bit her, but all she saw was a splinter that was strangely arrow shaped. “The insects seem to be out tonight, huh?” Konoka voiced.
“It wasn't a bug but a splinter.” Konoka gave Setsuna a questioning look, but the samurai shrugged her shoulders. Dismissing the pointless topic, the two girls disappeared inside the building.
 
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
 
Two small cherubs darted through the air as if they were playing a game of tag. One was cackling like a mad woman all the while the other was shouting curses and ordering the first to stop. “You're such a prude, Tiny, all I ask for is some fun, yet you constantly berate me for it. What is your problem?” Teeny stopped suddenly causing Tiny to collide into her.
Rubbing her sore nose, Tiny glared at Teeny. “We need to head back to the dormitory before we're missed.”
Teeny rolled her eyes before darting away to find the perfect couple. Growling in frustration, Tiny went after her. Abusing her wings, Tiny veered in front of the determined cherub's path. With her tiny hands spread out to block Teeny, Tiny glared menacingly at the cherub, whose eyes never stopped moving. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Tiny pulled back a hand and rolled it into a fist; she delivered an upper cut to the aggravating girl. Teeny flew through the air and hit the nearby lamppost before falling down inside the trash bin.
SPLAT! Tiny smirked as she crossed her arms across her chest and watched as Teeny landed in a paper bowl full of ketchup and greasy fries. Teeny flailed about grabbing the edge of the bowl to pull herself up. Distant laughter caused her to turn her glare toward Tiny who was holding her stomach as she let out an uncontrollable laughter. “I'll kill you!!” Teeny shot out of her ketchup bath to tackle the normally uptight giggling girl. Tiny's eyes widened in shock. She barely managed to evade the raging cherub; Teeny raced pass her only to slam into the body of an oncoming human. Since cherubs are only few inches tall, the human paused shortly before shrugging its shoulders and walking away.
Dazed, Teeny fell down onto the cement sidewalk; Tiny shook her head slightly as she descended before her annoying roommate. `I knew I should have asked for a single room or another roommate, but no, dad said that I should give her a break. Whoever said, “fathers know best” lied.' Tiny fluttering wings circled around Teeny's head as she tried to capture one in her hands. Sweatdropping, Tiny scratched her own head, “Are you ready to go now?”
Shaking her head vigorously to rid herself of the wings, Teeny grabbed her bow and arrow. Raising an eyebrow, Tiny slowly realized Teeny's intentions. An evil grin formed on Teeny's face as she aimed the arrow at Tiny. Backing away, Tiny held her hands before her body as to form a protective shield around her, “Teeny, that's not funny! You know the penalty of hitting another cherub with your arrow. That is cause of a serious offense and could lead to probation. Even threatening a fellow cherub is serious! Put it down, Teeny, I know you're only playing but if you actually…Teeny, stop.!!”
Teeny slowly neared her frightened comrade. To her amazement, Tiny quickly darted away swerving between objects and people, making it hard for Teeny to target her supposed `friend'. Laughing mechanically, Teeny chased after Tiny enjoying the rare moment of pleasure tormenting her `friend'. “Mwahahaha! I finally have you cornered. It's payback for punching and humiliating me!” Tiny found herself positioned at a tree. Her back pressed hard against its rough texture as she tried to find some way to escape.
“Can't we talk about this?” Tiny allowed a small smile escape from her normally pursed lips.
“It's a bit late trying to make amends, Tiny. You are the one who started this.”
“What?! I did not start this; I was the one who kept requesting us to head back to the dorms. You were too busy trying to test out your new arrow. It was YOUR idea to come here in the first place, not I.”
Teeny raised her bow and arrow once more; she closed an eye to focus the tip of the arrow over Tiny's heart. “If I were you, I wouldn't be trying to make me even more upset considering I am the one in charge of the situation.”
Frustration built up inside Tiny's body, “I don't think so! I'm not afraid of your arrow, Teeny!”
“It doesn't appear that way from where I'm hovering. I can see you shaking in your fairy-made boots. You're scared, and I can smell it from here.” Tiny's breathing became more erratic.
“Damn you!” As if going into fury mode, Tiny flung herself at the arrow-welding cherub, toppling the two as they began to spin pinwheel style in the air. Their wings beat furiously to keep them in the air while their tiny fists and Teeny's one arrow and bow attacked one another. Miraculously, the arrow had not pierced the flesh of either cherub. As they tumbled about in the air, Teeny felt herself collide into something soft. Their cherub senses alerted them that danger approached. Pushing away from each other, a human hand slightly grazed Tiny's wings causing the poor girl to plummet down towards the pale hard concrete walkway.
“Tiny!” Teeny tried to make her way toward her fallen comrade but in her rush, the human hand returned causing the cherub to loose her balance. Her hold on her bow and arrow loosened, Teeny maneuvered herself away from the dangerous hand by twirling away. Her eyes were swirling as she tried to steady herself. She felt herself about to fall that she used what was at hand to hold her up. Unfortunately, she held the arrow in her right hand and the bow in her left and being right handed, Teeny's enclosed fist surrounding the arrow plunged into the soft surface of skin. The situation of what she had done had not yet occurred to her as her immediate situation took hold of her attention.
As she hung on for her dear life, Teeny was allowed few precious seconds to gather her bearings and thoughts. She felt her fingers slide off the smooth narrow wooden arrow. During the slip of a margin of her dangerous position, a random thought hit her mind with curiosity, `How can the arrow support my weight without breaking?' Her deathly grip on the arrow loosened causing her to fall down just as a hand slapped the skin where her arrow was still in place. Tears welled in Teeny's eyes as she screamed, “NOOOOOOOOO, MY ARROW!!!!”
“Shut up, Teeny!” Tiny appeared next to the heart-broken cherub, who was weeping for her lost arrow. Tiny sighed as her worry vanished, `If she's more worried about her arrow, then I guess she's going to be all right.' “Teeny.” Teeny continued to whine as Tiny tried in vain to get the hysterical girl under control but Tiny's temper was slipping, “TEENY!”
“My arrow!!” Teeny wailed. “I didn't even have it for an entire day and its gone. Why me?!” A pulsating tic grew in size on Tiny's forehead as Teeny's whining grated on her already raw nerves. Raising her fist, which also held a tic, Tiny had her eyes closed with one eyebrow twitching.
“Teeny…”
“MY ARROW!!!!
KERPOW!!! Tiny's fist connected with Teeny's cheek causing the once whining girl to fly once more in the air. “Will you shut up about your arrow?! We have more important issues at hand.” Tiny looked toward the entrance doorway of a human building where the two girls stepped inside, “You hit that human with your arrow, correct?” Teeny was too busy seeing another set of tiny wings flutter around her head while she remained unconscious. Growling in frustration, Tiny grabbed Teeny's arm roughly and pulled the knocked out cherub along with surprising strength. “Teeny, I swear, for a cherub who graduated from first year cherub school, you do not act like one. We have to hurry and check up on those humans. I fear the ramifications.”
 
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII