Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Makie's Revenge ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Makie’s Revenge
Chapter 2

Later that morning, Konoka left the dorms and proceeded to the courtyard.  However, she was followed by a girl with a very big, black ponytail on the left side of her head.  She jumped down in front of Konoka and unsheathed her sword. “See-Chan?”  Konoka gasped. The girl was, in fact, Setsuna Sakurazaki, a girl who protected Konoka Konoe all her life. “Miss Konoka,” she implored to her, “Asuna told me about your morning routine.  I came by to assist you in this matter.” Konoka was saddened.  She looked at Setsuna and responded, “See-Chan, no.  I am only obeying orders on the note.  I must come alone.” “But, Miss Konoka…” “See-Chan… please!  I have to go see her.  I’m sorry, but please wait for me at the observatory after lunch.” Setsuna conceded and said, “All right, I will… but you watch your back, okay?  I don’t trust anybody who wants to speak to Miss Konoka.” She then started to turn red and thought aloud, “Especially if… someone is seducing her… maybe?” “See-Chan?  Are you okay?”  Konoka asked her. Setsuna stammered, “Uh, no!  I… I was worried about your well-being.  I, well, uh, am concerned.” “I get it!  You’re worried,” Konoka insisted. She walked away, as Setsuna relaxed. “I guess I am worried…”  She said.

Later at the courtyard, Konoka arrived alone.  She found Makie on the bench, all sleepy.  She approached her and was very concerned. “Did she write the note for me?”  She thought. Makie woke up and was tired.  She looked at Konoka and was teary-eyed… in which she was playing. “Miss Konoe, it is great to see you.  I don’t want to be a burden to you,” she cried falsely, “But, I don’t like being called a failure!  Class Rep keeps calling me a failure towards me!” She cried on Konoka’s shoulder and wept.  Konoka patted her head and smiled. “I know Ayaka is such a burden to you, but it seems she’s trying to motive you,” she said, “But… try to remember:  you are a failure towards your self-esteem.  You’re a failure because you admitted it.” Makie gasped a bit and asked, “Why would you say such a thing???” “Because… you sometimes act like a loser, but you have a very unique personality,” Konoka replied. “You mean it?”  Makie smiled. She then patted her head and told it’ll be okay.  Makie walked away, while leaving her ribbon on the bench.  Konoka noticed it and tried to call Makie. “Hey, Makie, you left your ribbon on the--.”  She cried. “Huh?”  Makie asked. “Uh, never mind,” Konoka said. She grabbed the ribbon from the bench, by the handle.  However, the minute she grabbed the handle, a small little prick hit her hand.  She dropped the ribbon and felt her hand. “Ow.  What was this?”  She thought, “It feels like it’s a bit jagged.” Makie rushed to Konoka and looked at her hand.  It turns out that the microchip, that Motsu stole, was imbedded into her palm. “Oh dear, Konoka; I get the feeling it must’ve hurt.” “Not really.  But it feels like I should have it checked out.  Can you walk with me to the nurse’s office?” Makie then let out a grin. “Actually, I think we should go to Library Island.  I need some help on some Science exams.” “Makie, please, I think I might be bleeding!  Sorry, but I’ll meet you later!” Konoka dashed off. “Oh, no, you don’t…” Makie thought. She stomped her foot and called to Konoka. “Konoka!  Activate!!!” Konoka stopped, five feet from Makie.  She stood in attention and turned around. “Konoka!  Stand in attention!”  She called out. “Yes, master…” Konoka said, in a robotic voice. Makie smiled evilly and walked toward her.  Konoka couldn’t move an inch; she was standing straight, without flinching.  Makie walked around her and said, while she was walking, “Now then, my slave, I want you to go to Library Island and get me some Science books.  I need to create another chip like this and give it to Asuna.” “What will you do to Asuna, Master?”  Konoka asked. “Oh, I need her for assistance.  Besides, I want to get my revenge,” Makie responded. “But, master,” Konoka replied, “Asuna doesn’t know you well.  She considers you as a Dummy.  Besides, I cannot be able to get you these books on time.  I have an after lunch date with Setsuna.” Makie then grabbed Konoka’s arms and barked, “THAT’S an order, Konoe.  Now move out and get me these books!” “Very well; what kind of books do you want me to get you, master?”  Konoka asked.

Hours later at Library Island, Konoka, who was still under control of Makie, approached the front desk in Library Island.  Nodoka Miyazaki, one of the girls working there, approached the desk and greeted Konoka, who had a blank straight look on her face. “Oh, Konoka, I didn’t expect you here.  What can I do for you?”  She asked. Konoka said, “I need books on Technology, Psychology, and some books about tools.” Nodoka was confused; and also very disturbed.  She asked her, “Uh, Miss Konoe, are you okay?” Yue Ayase approached the front desk, with a carton of juice, and was sipping it through a straw.  She looked at Konoka & Nodoka. She asked her, “What’s wrong, Nodoka?  Are you trying to find the books for her?” “Well, it’s not that,” she responded, “But, Konoka wants these books of Technology, Psychology, and a book about certain tools.” Yue turned to Konoka and asked, “Any particular reason why, Konoka?” “Yes, I do,” she replied, “I was trying to tutor Asuna in Science and Technology.  She needs to obtain a passing grade.” Yue thought, “Hmm… what’s gotten into her?  I mean, she sounds like something Professor Negi did, but what?” “Uh, okay.  We’ll get you these books right away,” she responded. Nodoka bowed and pleaded, “And please talk normal!  It sounds like when you’ve been playing those video games lately, you’ve become some sort of zombie!” “But…”  Konoka replied, “I love these types of games!” “Hmph!  What’s with the robot voice then?”  Yue asked, as she gave the HUGE stack of books to Konoka. “Anyway,” she continued, “Here are the latest volumes of Science 101; there’s also a complete guide to garden tools, science tools, school supplies, and other important stuff.  And as for psychology books, all we have available are the “Workings of the Brain” series; issue 3.  I think Asuna might need some smartness to go with that empty skull of hers.” “Thank you, Yue… and Nodoka… you are such help,” Konoka flatly cheered. She walked away with the books over her head; while Yue & Nodoka were stunned. “Yue, this is the first time Konoka Konoe didn’t call me bookworm.”  Nodoka stated. “What I’d like to know is why she started talking like a robot.  Did she play that Zombie Hunter game all night again?”  Yue asked, “And they called me “Dummy Black”.” Nodoka shrugged her shoulders.

Later that afternoon, Setsuna was waiting patiently for Konoka.  However, she fell asleep, dreaming of her… with some very controversial stuff.  She couldn’t get up until one hour later, when Ayaka arrived. “Setsuna!  What are you doing sleeping like a rock???”  She shouted. Setsuna woke up and found Ayaka all crossed. “It’s not nice to be sleeping on the job, especially during a school day!”  She continued. Setsuna snapped, “Well, excuse me for being tired!  I was waiting for Miss Konoka.  She was supposed to be here about an hour ago.” “Well, I don’t blame you.  She is the Dean’s granddaughter.” “Hmm… maybe she was sidetracked… GASP!!!” “What’s wrong?” “The note!  She must have been in danger!  I better go down to the courtyard and save her!” But as she was about to leave, Konoka arrived with a ton of books in her hands. “Hello, See-Chan,” Konoka greeted, in her robotic voice, “I am sorry we missed our appointment.  But shall we convene tomorrow?” “Uh, Miss Konoka, I am so glad you came back,” Setsuna said, “But… I guess if you’re not available at that time…” “Please, you’re making me sick with your friendship stories,” Ayaka said sarcastically, “And what’s with the books?  Finals don’t begin, until the end of spring!” “Please forgive me, Class Rep,” she replied, “But Asuna needs her studies.  She needed a passing grade!” She dashed off.  Setsuna & Ayaka were confused. “What the hell’s gotten into Konoka today?”  Ayaka asked Setsuna. She answered, “Beats me… I’ve never seen her so… so… so robust.” She then walked away from Ayaka, who was still in thought. “I don’t know… this doesn’t look like a run of the mill girl to me.  Something’s up, and I bet Asuna is up to something.”

Later that night, Makie began to create a new microchip, just like the one Konoka had.  After hitting the books all evening, she was able to complete the microchip… well, let’s say she fell asleep after finishing it halfway.  She was very exhausted and very hungry. Konoka stayed with Makie until 10pm.  That’s when Konoka returned to Asuna’s room.  However, Makie insisted her to return tomorrow morning.  She agreed.

The next morning, Makie sent out a telegram, via sparrow.  She delivered the letter to both Asuna and Ayaka.  She also sent a fairly different one to Setsuna.  Why? “Since Setsuna could be a key factor to spoiling my fun, I might use her,” she thought. “Master,” Konoka asked, “Why do you want See-Chan?” “Oh, I thought I need more than one person… in fact…” She held up a badly drawn picture of Ayaka, dressed in a glamorous pink gown, with the words “I Heart Negi” around it. “I shall send this message to both of them.  Our target:  Ayaka Yukihiro!” “Master, what did she ever do to you?” “Do as I say!  Do you think I am a failure towards myself?” “No, master!  You are a success towards Makie, and you are very flexible!” Makie was so moved, she squealed in delight. “At last!  I shall have my revenge!”  She cried. “Ayaka Yukihiro… you’ll be sorry!”

So far, so good.  I happen to like the whole mind control thing… but I feel uncomfortable writing it.  So we learn that Makie wants Ayaka for revenge.  But what for?

Stay tuned for the next chapter, as Asuna & Ayaka confront each other… with very shocking details!