MAR Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden allies ❯ The begining ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter one:
A tall teenage female walked through a quiet forest towards the only town in a ten mile radius that wasn't burning or already destroyed. A long and hooded black cloak covered her long cerulean hair, black tanktop, and, black jeans. A jet black wolf mask with crimson markings hid her midnight blue eyes. Her black shoes made no noise as she seemed to almost glide through the area. The pale moonlight reflected off the studs on her chocker. The eerie silence dominating the area sent chills up the girls spine. However, she quickly shook it off. `What am I, a baby!? I'm a knight for god sakes!' She subconsciously fingered the ranking earring that was dangling from her right ear. She glanced down at the flame like curse on her right arm, hidden by long sleeves. `An excess of brilliance can be such a disadvantage. I can't help but wonder what my brother's up to.' The blue haired knight sighed before refocusing on the task at hand.
The knight reached the town several minutes later and stood on a high rooftop, scouting out the perfect area to start destroying this town as well. Finally, she spotted the large clock tower in the very center of the town. Her grin grew mischievous as she fished her favorite ARM out of her pocket. She didn't usually keep her beloved Flame Bow charm in her lint-infested pocket, but she was in a hurry to escape the last town. The charm immediately began to glow as it lengthened to about four feet. She pulled back the string, causing a fiery black arrow to automatically appear. The projectile was released with a defining whistle and flew through the air. It collided with the very center of the clock. As it turned out, she couldn't have shot it at a better time. The second the shadowy flames caught, it was the midnight hour (right on the dot.) Instead of the usual `BONG!', it issued a `bounng!'
Following that, a few screams could be heard. The ocean haired teen fired more arrows and the clock tower soon became completely engulfed in flames. This town was considerably smaller than the last, so she saw no reason to do more. She turned to run as the clock tower issued a deafening `CRASH!'. She headed for the trees nearby as a group of voices reached her ears. “Not again!” “Those chess pieces are gonna get it one of these days!” “Hold your tongues, we have work to do!”. The hidden knight watched in disgust as a group of Cross Guards dashed by. `Foolish brother, you're on the losing side.' She eyed the youngest of the guards; an eighteen year old male with spiky navy hair and sapphire eyes. Ones eyes were notably drawn to the two upside down red triangles on his face and the curse marks on his arms. The knight shook her head as two other knights appeared behind her. They were both female and one was wearing an emerald dog mask while the other was wearing an indigo dragon one. They joined hands and wordlessly teleported away.
The three chess pieces reappeared on the solid ground just outside Phantoms floating castle. Still silent, they entered through the front gates and into the castle. A minute or two later, they were kneeling before Phantom. “Lord Phantom. The nine towns are now in ruins, just as you commanded.” The voice was that of the dragon masked knight. Phantom nodded. “Well done.” He turned his head slightly to look directly at the dragon and dog masked females. “You two are dismissed. YOU, however,” he looked right at the blue haired knight, his icy stare freezing her blood. “I need a word with you.” The three knights nodded and the turquoise and white haired females bowed before leaving. The momentary silence, however short, caused the girl to shiver slightly. “I have a assignment which you alone can handle. I need you to annihilate those pesky Cross Guard members. They've been a thorn in my side for far too long. The girl nodded obediently. “Yes sir. I'll leave right away.” To her surprise, Phantom chuckled slightly. “You don't have to leave just yet. You only just returned from your last mission.” The knight looked bewildered. “Really? But shouldn't…” He held up a hand to silence her. “Just rest a bit and you can leave tonight. Possibly tomarrow morning if you need it.” She blinked again behind her mask. “Thank you, sir. Anything else?” He shook his head. “No, that is all.” The knight bowed respectfully and promptly exited. Once the heavy doors boomed close behind her, she exhaled a storage of breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. `Wow, Phantom seems to be getting nicer lately. But that mission…why only me?' She sighed, easier this time, and continued down the long hall she'd found herself in; all the while finally removing her mask.
Before she could begin thinking to herself again, she found herself stopped in place; two hands clapped over her eyes. Instead of yelling or freaking out, she immediately realized who it was. “Guess who?” A deep yet playful voice sounded. A wide smile spread across her face as she lifted the hands gently off. “Ian, by now you should know you can't sneak up on me.” “I just did now, didn't I?” Ian countered. She giggled slightly as he kissed her quickly on the lips. “So, where ya headed?” He decided to change the subject for some reason. She shrugged. “I guess nowhere really. I'm supposed to just chill before my next mission.” Ian couldn't help but frown. “Another mission? Didn't you just come back from one?” She nodded. “Yeah, but this one's more important.” He frowned deeper, but decided not to question her further.
Eventually, the hall opened up to a small dining room. It wasn't very crowded, but the three chess pieces that were sitting towards the back were loud enough for AT LEAST as loud as a dozen people. “Baki! That was my piece!” “The hand is quicker than the eye.” “Stop trying to be smart!” The green haired Rook known as Baki winced as his turquoise haired sister aimed a slap to the back of his head. The other sister pushed her white hair out of her face as she proceeded to laugh. “Come on Kati, there's more. Besides, it's not really our lunch break anyways.”
The two Knights standing near the entrance found themselves laughing as well. “Hey Sasori, can't you control your siblings?” The oldest of the siblings shook her head sadly. “No, these two are impossible. Especially when it comes to food.” “HEY! I'm not some fatty who's desperate over food!” Katemara declared; her hands on her hips. Baki seized this as his chance to grab more brownie-looking things. How he wasn't overweight, nobody knew. Sasori shrugged and walked over to the others. “So, Whatcha up to, Xanos?” Xanos shrugged. “Not much. And you?” “ Other than watching Baki gorge himself over there?” She laughed slightly before growing serious.
“Come on, you KNOW you want to tell me what super secret chocolate coated mission you have to do for Phantom.” Her tone was quite contrary to her face. Xanos frowned. “It's kinda a secret and I really don't want to get in trouble.” “Aww, come on. I'll bet you told your LOVER over there all about it!” Now she was becoming slightly demanding. Predictably, Xanos blushed, but it was actually Ian that did the talking. “Actually, I know no more than you. But if it's secret, it's secret I guess.” He had trouble hiding the slight frustration he felt. Sasori knew she wasn't going to get anything out of Xanos so she sighed in defeat before deciding to talk about something else.