Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Feeling Special ❯ A deeper look ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: Don't own Medabots- end

Feeling Special
Part 2- A deeper look

Brass decided she would think about this later, when she had done thinking through the changes of Erika.

"Well, goodnight Brass." Erika turned out the lights and snuggled into bed, under the warm blankets.

"Goodnight Erika, sweet dreams"

"You too..." And with that Erika began to drift off to sleep.

Brass looked at her, Erika was visibly smiling in her sleep. Her train of thought continued.

Each day Erika would actually be happy to go to school. She could handle any new rumors that people said about her in general and Ikki. Erika always put up a strong image of being independent and showed everyone that she was a tough cookie and refused to breakdown, no matter how much people disliked her- whether it was because of her appearance, personality or intelligence she could handle whatever they tried to throw at her.

At times though, as months of abuse and rumors passed by- even with the aid of Brass, Erika's determination to hold her ground had crumbled. There were times when late at night, when she thought everyone was asleep, Erika would cry into her pillow, punch it, let all her frustrations and anger out in the form of warm crystal pearls that she cried.

On one or two occasions, when she left for school, Brass tidied her room to clear the clutter of last nights-rushed newspaper. She once found tearstains on her pillow when she turned it over to change it- a feeble attempt to hide what Erika was she was going through. Back home, if Brass ever confronted her, Erika would just give a brave smile and say "Everything's fine Brass. I'm okay".

When she saw that Erika was emotionally low, Brass would listen to her problems, worries, plans to solve her situations and squash these rumors. She would listen when Erika felt frustrated- or lonely when Ikki wouldn't listen to her or offer her the slightest bit of friendship and when her parents were busy.

Her parents were always busy, always constantly at work all days of the week and most nights. Her mother was a high-ranking doctor and her father was a journalist- a great inspirational figure who motivated and inspired Erika. Because of the lack of contact with them Erika loved vacations- especially Christmas when the whole family gathered together.

Her parents were also partly why she was such an independent person. They didn't deprive her of attention. At an early age they taught Erika skills so she could cook, learn how to use the washing machine, make a bath herself and other things, Brass would help her out- just like Belmont and Orcamar.

During childhood his parents were busy too- travelling around the world- his father was a language translator for the Iceland's government and various television programs. His mother a journalist for an international newspaper. Both of them had little time to spare, taught Belmont how to deal on his own and gave him a Madabot of his own- Orkamar. Sometimes he would stop by and spend the night at his friend's house's- Heckla and Betona, who were now his close friends and Ro-battling teammates.

Because of this common detail, both Erika and Belmont found comfort in each other, knowing that they were going through similar experiences.

Before Belmont became her best friend, Erika used to turn to Ikki for help, advice and friendship, she would then in turn help him with his homework and offer him friendship. Unfortunately Ikki didn't seem to appreciate her and cast her aside most the time. These were mainly for simple boyish reasons. He didn't consider Erika to be pretty enough, rich, feminine or "cool" enough to even pay attention to. He found her intelligence and independent nature intimidating. He knew that there was no way he could control her and further more she was not like Karen. Unlike her, Ikki didn't consider Erika to be in anyway special.

No matter how hard she tried at school to make friends- it was truly hopeless. People couldn't use her for money or make her become their loyal followers who did whatever they said, she was too smart for that. Her parents always away at work meant that she couldn't even invite anyone over to her house to play at any time. To top in all off Erika was the school's newspaper journalist so she was constantly moving from here to there making her hard to hang around with and difficult to control. Erika was a free spirit- independent and self-reliant. She had a huge ambition and was rather boyish despite her pink attire.

Unfortunately not many people admired that and had turned her positive aspects into negatives. Fortunately, Belmont loved her for who she was.

The school Erika went to was full of hierarchy divisions. There was the popular group, the nerdy group (like the student council), the gangs that everybody was supposed to fear (like the Screws), the normal people who usually obeyed the popular group and the misfits who were seen as outcasts. Erika was none of them. So many people tried to place her in the misfits group. That was when the rumors started- the ones that led to Erika's unpopularity.

Through the years Erika became hard and more wary about everyone around her. No matter how nice is was people still held a slight prejudice against her. If someone was her friend at that school, they would be warned by others to keep away from her before they turned back to their everyday lives filled with friends.

Her attitude was influenced and no matter what her parents did to stop the visible change (give Erika hobbies like playing the piano, persuade her to become the school journalist and let her buy a Medabot- Brass) Erika still gained her quick temper and outlook on life- It was unfair.

Nobody at school thought much about her so she thought very little about them.

At night when they talked to each other the part of Erika- the more gentle and relaxed side that people rarely saw, came back. And for some moments Erika was her old self again- the person just before the rumors started.

Now with the help of Belmont, that dormant side blossomed and came to life. It began to surface more often and sometimes amazed others who thought Erika could never be like that.

Two years ago at the World Ro-battle Tournament, when Erika caught Belmont as he fainted, the camera picked it all up. The whole world saw the love that they shared as he gave Erika an unmistakably loving gaze, as she cried into his hair and he let her hug him close. Soon the whole school, as well as the world, knew about their relationship, knew how close and important they were to each other.

It spread around the school like wildfire- ERIKA HAD A BOYFRIEND. And he wasn't just any boy. He was the ultra gorgeous, charismatic leader of Team Iceland- one of the most well regarded and best Medabot fighting teams in the whole world. Soon after, the rumors died to the monthly whisper, something that had no effect on Erika after all she had been through.

"Erika and Belmont deserve each other", thought Brass, while she watched Erika sleep.


~~* This time there were no tears, no feelings of frustration or empty dissatisfaction with her school life but instead there were genuine sweet dreams. *~~

Thanks for reading :)