Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Maverick Hunter Josh ❯ Sky Lagoon ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Maverick Hunter Josh Ch. 2 Sky Lagoon
Josh burst into the briefing room. “What's going on?!” he shouted.
“X and Zero have been captured by the Repliforce,” Replied Signas.
“What?!?!”
“Their beacons were last located at Sky Lagoon. Your mission is to go there, find X and Zero, and bring them back.”
Josh stepped into the teleport pod. “Roger! Let's go!” Josh was soon engulfed in a green and blue static, and turned into a beam of green and blue light. Then, it disappeared.
“Good luck Josh.”
Location: Sky Lagoon
The green and blue light hit the ground at Sky Lagoon, turning into the green and blue static, then turning into Josh. He headed down the path, and encountered some Repliforce soldiers. He dashed towards one, delivering a hard right hook to its face. The soldier was destroyed in one blow, leaving its gun. Josh picked up the gun and added it to his inventory. “This might be useful.” He aimed the gun at the other soldiers and fired. He destroyed the soldiers, and moved on. Soon, he came to a high wall. “Let's see how my technician has done on my wall kick ability.” He jumped towards the wall, sticking to it, but sliding down. He kicked off the wall, and latched onto the other wall. He did this until he had reached the top. “Well, waddya know, it works perfectly!” Josh continued on, jumping gaps, wall jumping to higher places, and avoiding falling ceiling pieces. “What has the Repliforce done?!” Soon, he reached the generator room. “This must be where X and Zero's beacons must be.” He entered the room, and saw a dragon-like Animaloid standing there. “You're Magma Dragoon from the 49th Unit! Where's X and Zero?!”
“The Repliforce haven't captured X and Zero! The mavericks have! I suggest you get out of here! Sky Lagoon will fall at any moment!” Magma Dragoon teleported out of the room. Joshua did the same.
Location: Sky Lagoon Ruins
Josh teleported to the area below Sky Lagoon, and saw the place in ruins. Sky Lagoon had fallen. “Oh no. I'll get those stupid Mavericks!” Josh continued down the path, dodging falling pillars, and jumping over gaps in the ground. Finally, Josh reached a dead end. Suddenly, a huge dragon Maverick appeared. “So, you must've destroyed Sky Lagoon! I'll destroy you!” The dragon roared, releasing its claws. Josh jumped up, charging energy. “Eat this!” Josh released a charged backflip kick to the Maverick's head, dodging a swipe from the Maverick's claws. “You want more?! Fine!” Josh jumped into the air again, landing a hard punch to the Maverick's head. The Maverick roared, then exploded into pieces. “Serves you right.” Then, another Reploid dashed onto the scene. “Colonel! What have you done with X and Zero!” Colonel frowned. “We do not have X or Zero. I'm just here to find my sister.”
“Hmmmm. Well, I want you to disarm and come with me to HQ.”
“WHAT?! The Repliforce never drops their weapons! We fight until we are no longer able to!”
“Colonel! Wait!” Colonel dashed away. “Just great!” Josh opened his communicator. “This is Maverick Hunter Josh. I have not found X and Zero, but I think Colonel of Repliforce has something to do with it. I'm coming back to HQ now.” Josh teleported out of the ruins, and back to Maverick Hunter HQ.