MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: Total Control
POV Orion
 
I was standing in a completely white room, there was a door behind me but it blended into the rest of the room well enough that even I could miss it. Suddenly the room seemed to morph into an urban setting with multi colored panels in the background. The Guise Program switched off and I was again visibly in Omega Style.
 
Netto spoke over an intercom; “Everything you see is a modified training program originally designed for first time Cross Fusion users, the buildings are solid only to data so try not to hit them.”
 
“Very comforting…” I mumbled.
 
Netto continued, “This simulation has been modified to see how much control a Human-Navi pair has. It grades the person or people in the test based on time, maximum speed, accuracy, power and the number of “civilian” casualties. The records for time and speed are currently held by Enzan and Blues at ten minutes, thirty-five seconds and forty-three milliseconds and a top speed of 95 MPH. Rockman and myself hold the accuracy and the least number of “civilian” casualties records at 93% and 22 respectively. Some guy named Baryl holds the record for power at 5X10^10 Joules.” Netto paused, “It being your first time I'll be surprised if you beat any record, but you never know. The objective is to gain complete control of the DA surrounded area, there are viruses, three simulated Darkloids, which are nothing compared to the real thing, and finally a powered down version of the Life Virus.”
 
“Long list, this could take a while…”
 
“Begin test on my mark.”
 
People began to seemingly appear out of thin air. There were kids seeming to play around on the sidewalk other people suspended in mid-step and still others with their mouths open in mid-sentence.
 
“Mark!”
 
The people began to move there was laughter from the children, talk about the stock market, and other seemingly irrelevant chatter. Then there was a scream from behind me. As I turned toward it, I felt a blow strike my back sending me flying onto my face.
 
When I recovered, I saw hundreds of people running from a huge mass of viruses that were beginning to attack the people running from them. I had the feeling as if something was washing over me and I lost control of my body.
 
Point Of View change to Netto
 
Orion was hit by a cannon virus's attack. He was lying on the ground for about three-seconds then he pushed him self off the ground and looked at the carnage that was happening. “Damn I should have ran him through the training program first.” I muttered to myself.
 
The man sitting next to me was looking at his screen attentively. “Um… Sir, the subjects power levels are shooting through the roof.”
 
On my screen Orion put his hand out in front of himself his face changed, he was beginning to look like Searchman did when he was on a mission: completely removed. His hand clenched into a fist and he shot toward the mass of viruses, his arm changing into what looked like a Vulcan with twelve barrels.
 
He yelled something I couldn't hear over the screams of the people around him. He began to fire; his arm was a blur as he shifted from target to target. The accuracy counter never decreased from the 100% mark. The top speed he had reach was almost par with Enzan's time. The power he was using was approaching the record. The timer was at 30 seconds and the casualty marker was still firmly at zero. He was beating every record that had been set in the simulation. He finished the viruses off at exactly 43 seconds, a tenth the time it had taken Enzan.
 
The first of the Darkloids appeared, Beastman. As the Darkloid charged at Orion, all Orion did was raise his hand until it was at Beastman's chest level and did nothing else. The Beastman copy was deleted in an instant. The second Darkloid appeared, Bubbleman, almost five hundred yards away attempting to destroy the nearest fire hydrant in attempts to cause damage. Orion seemingly warped over and cut him down to size. The third and final Darkloid appeared, Shademan, and began to corner people to hold as hostages. Orion seemed to appear in front of him and then proceeded to blowing him from existence. Orion was at the minute and a half mark.
 
Next up was the Life Virus. I heard the system boot it up. By the time it fully materialized Orion had a beach ball sized orb of light in his hand, “Omega Burst V2, Execute!” He said in an emotionless voice. The orb was absorbed into his hand and a three-barreled gun appeared in its place.
 
The man next to me began to type furiously, “Infinity Barrier activate.”
 
The Life Virus's aura flashed and became visible.
 
Orion's gun fired three brilliant blue-white beams from each barrel that twisted as the thing spun. The aura around the Life Virus flared and concentrated were the beams reached it, and they began to crack. The residual energy of the attack leaked in through the cracks and deleted the Life Virus. Before the aura collapsed Orion's attack ended and Orion himself collapsed onto the disappearing street. He had devastated every record that had been set. His time was little more than two minutes, his top speed was just shy of impossible, his accuracy was 99%, there had been no civilian casualties, and the power of the final attack registered at above 357 quadrillion joules.
 
I raced down to the testing chamber and opened the blast door in time to see Orion pushing himself up off the ground. I walked to him and he asked, “How'd I do?” weakly.
 
“You destroyed the records.”
 
“I didn't, he did,” he said and immediately collapsed breathing deeply as a medical team rushed into the chamber.
 
Chapter 8.33: Him, the Resident Evil
Point Of View Orion
 
All I could see was black, but I could hear His voice, that power was all yours, all you lack is the knowledge to control it, that is my only advantage over you. I felt Him smile at me mentally. Don't worry I won't hurt anyone, yet.
 
I yelled into the abyss of black, “Who are you?”
 
I am everything in you that is evil I was born of your sins and given power through your power. Until you can destroy me, I will plague your dreams, I will consume you from within and I will be your end.
 
“What are you?”
 
I already told you I am your worst nightmare, your monster, I am…
 
Suddenly the abyss was flooded with light. I heard a shuffling of feet around me and I saw a white sealing.
 
“Your up, finally,” a feminine voice said.
 
“What time is it?” I asked.
 
“About 4:45 PM why?”
 
“I gotta go now!” I bolted up pushing my way past the nurse, only to fall on my face. I felt a needle in my arm.
 
“Your not going anywhere, till I deem you are clear to leave, or, you can move your self out of this building!”
 
“That's cheap…”
 
“You'll be sleeping in a few moments so my job will be easy.”
 
I'll teach you limited control so you're a challenge to defeat
 
I was flooded with ideas and knowledge that weren't my own.
 
It clicked, show me what you can do so I have reason not to take over forever…
 
I focused on removing the drug that was numbing my body from my blood, I felt something evaporate off my skin and, slowly, I could move my body parts.
 
I pulled the needle out of my forearm and turned slowly to face the nurse that was still looking toward the bed.
 
“Now to get what I'm being paid to retrieve, that matter-data being.” She turned around to see me still standing, “How'd you?”
 
My hand shot out seizing the pressure point at the base of the neck, “You came for me.” I growled.
 
She rummaged around in her pocket as she talked, “Yea if you're the kid that just joined the Hikari family.” She snickered pulling something out of her pocket, “Now I would suggest you let go or I'll set this off.”
 
It was a small tube with a Dead-mans-switch under her thumb.
 
“It's a micro EMP, you do any thing I don't say and you'll experience enough pain for the other one to retrieve you.”
 
“Set that off and you'll be ending your own life.”
 
She clicked the button down, “Try me…”
 
You missed your chance to end it quickly.
 
I turned my head to the side, “Shut up!”
 
“Who're you talking to?” the woman demanded.
 
Another chance, “Oh I'm talking to security.”
 
The woman fell for it, “You tell them to stay back or I'll set this off”
 
Another rush of knowledge rushed into my mind. It clicked.
 
You're taking too long. You can't do it can you?
 
Suddenly He mentally attacked me binding my mind and seizing control of my body.
 
In the reflection off the woman's eyes I could see my eyes become emotionless pits and felt my self smile showing my teeth.
 
“Oh that's the least of your worries.” I involuntarily said.
 
My hand flicked from the base of her neck to the middle of it, he was going to use me to kill her.
 
“You're not the one I was talking to aren't you?”
 
“Not even close.”
 
He began to tighten his grip.
 
“NO!!!” I screamed mentally pulling at the mental bindings.
 
He continued to tighten his grip.
 
“This is MY mind, MY body! I refuse to let you win!”
 
Do you think it matters? I am in control.
 
My vision of the real world began to disappear as my mind's eye opened to see a turbulent desert with an oasis in the middle of it all. I was in the Oasis the rest of my mind was dominated by Him. The desert was slowly moving toward me in the middle of that lush ground.
 
You see it's useless.
 
“It never was! I will win!
 
I began to walk toward the wasteland as it crawled toward me.
 
“I WILL WIN!!!”
 
I stepped onto the barren ground. It was replaced by the oasis that symbolized my mind. Suddenly he appeared with a blade and began to cut the new life down flying to and from the trees as they grew back. I took another step, my mind expanded more and he tried to hack it back down. I smiled as I used the Buster that appeared on my arm to blast him out of the sky almost fifteen feet away. He skidded and rolled for almost twenty more, I walked over to him, nature following me.
 
He was pushing himself up as I stopped standing over him, he lashed out and tried to cut my neck, my Buster blocked his blade.
 
You…think…you've…won?
 
Suddenly with his other hand, he punched me in the gut. While I fell, he stood preparing for the final blow.
 
He swung his sword toward my neck, I blasted him in the head and he disappeared.
 
The desert began to rescind.
 
You haven't seen the last of me…
 
I felt a shock roll through my body as I regained control. I saw the woman looking at me blankly. Three arks of electricity jumped from my body, one hit a light above my head, another hit a chair to my immediate right and the third hit, by some miraculous chance, the jack port on the computer in the room.
 
I felt myself ripping apart and being shoved into that ark toward that jack port…
 
Time change +00:14.86
 
I was in some kind of tunnel traveling at impossible speeds. Then it ended and I felt myself put back together. I was flung, rolling fast enough that everything was a blur and then I hit something and felt myself pulled apart again. I was put back together tumbling but this time I hit, and bounced off, cold, hard ground.
 
I stopped after at least two more bounces on my stomach. I was able to push my self onto my knees before I puked.
 
“Is that one of the things new Navis can do that makes them more like those human swine?” A voice asked as I felt my leg cut.
 
I screamed.
 
“It'll come back in a minute or two.” The same voice said as I turned onto my back so I could see my leg.
 
My leg was being pieced back together as little bits of green material, data.
 
“You look surprised. Your not worth my time.” I felt a blade behind my neck
 
“Recover 300, Execute!” My leg was instantly pulled back together and I pulled myself away from the blade that was so close to my neck. “Long Sword Execute!”
 
“So you do know how to battle and you an independent Navi as well. This should be interesting.”
 
I turned around and saw something that made my blood freeze over: Forte.
 
Chapter 8.66: Forte
Point Of View Orion
 
Oh shit, I'm in so much trouble, God, let me live through this…
 
He just stood there, “Normally any Navi would be running now but your not, why?”
 
“Be cause I know how stupid that would be I'm not giving you my back to strike freely.”
 
“Good you know a little bit on how to fight.”
 
He rushed me and I was able to block him with the sword I summoned, barely
 
Text scrolled across my field of vision: New program found modifying
 
He jumped backwards, “You're fast... good”
 
50% complete scrolled across my field of vision
 
He changed directions in midair and began to move faster than I could track
 
75% complete scrolled across my field of vision
 
He stabbed be in the back with a blade that exited out of my chest.
 
90% complete scrolled across my field of vision
 
I was going to die I knew it.
 
Forte Style 100% converted
 
He pulled the blade out of my body letting me drop to my knees. “That wasn't the challenge I hoped for.” He said in a displeased tone walking in front of me.
 
“Recover 300 Execute.” The hole in my chest sealed. “Forte Style Upload and Execute!”
 
I felt like I was being picked apart and put back together with other things added on to me.
 
He, the all mighty Forte, was frozen in shock. “That… that's… impossible!”
 
He began to dart around again but this time I could keep up with him easily even go faster than he could.
 
“How could you pull that off me but I couldn't pull any thing off you?!?”
 
His power was far less than mine; he knew this staying as far away as possible when he wasn't darting in to hit me. “What's wrong too slow?” I taunted.
 
He lashed out and hit my leg with the broad side of his sword causing me to slow down for a moment but not long enough for him to gain an upper hand against me.
 
“Why aren't you attacking me?” he panted.
 
“Because you'd be a much more powerful ally than an enemy.”
 
“An ally! I won't ever be an ally with any one!”
 
“Have it your way.” I began to focus on the sword on my arm, “Omega Blade Upload and Execute!”
 
The sword began to shine three different colors as the data composing it was revised, the glow shifted to one specific shade of green, it gained three feet in length and six inches in width. Forte stopped twenty feet away thinking he was safe; I swung the sword horizontally at a high enough speed to cause a shock-wave to catch him off guard cutting his legs up to his knees immobilizing indefinitely.
 
I walked over to him and tagged him with a data signature.
 
“Don't go anywhere.” I began to think of a way out and the knowledge on how to do it appeared in my mind, “Exit to previous location.”
 
I felt myself being pulled apart yet again.
 
Time change +00:15.47
 
I fell back together in the same room I had started the little journey from, the needle the woman had used on me was still on the ground I picked it up to see what it was:
 
Warning this vial contains Hydrogen Cyanide in liquid form for non-organic testing do not allow contact in any form with any organic being; Department of Hazardous Materials, SCI-Labs.
 
I placed it in the biohazard box, looked in the mirror and saw that I now looked a little bit like Forte, but only if you looked closely. Time to go see Dr. Hikari. I walked out of the room greeting the person walking by and walked down the hall in the opposite direction toward the DA labs. When I arrived, I looked down to see Netto and Dr. Hikari talking about something next to the big computer, Meru was with them she was saying something, and then she ran out the door below me. I was having an odd sense of déjà vu and decided to wait a little longer. After a short time Netto left so, I went down to talk to Dr. Hikari.
 
“There you are.” He said rummaging around in his pocket and pulled out a PET, “Here's the METAL emitter I said I would get a better battery for.”
 
“Thanks, did you do anything else to it?”
 
“Yes, in fact I upgraded the Navi drive to the new G8 model and gave it enough processing power to be considered a fully functional PET.”
 
“Thanks you didn't need to do that though.”
 
“You saved Netto's life and your part of the family I feel obligated to doing this kind of thing. Now you'll be needing a Navi…”
 
“I've already got one in mind… just give me awhile to convince him…”
 
“OK, I'll go with your idea as long as it isn't another persons Navi.”
 
“It isn't don't worry.”
 
“All right I'll wait to see who this Navi for a little while.”
 
“Thanks you'll be surprised when you see who it is.”
 
I ran back down the hallways to the room I loved so much, I connected the PET to the computer and searched for Forte; he hadn't moved and actually answered my call uploading himself to the computer I was on.
 
“What? You're the one that fought me earlier but you're a human?”
 
“Lets get one thing strait I'm only half human OK?”
 
“So you a `Meta-Being?” He asked as I was preparing to move him to the METAL PET
 
“I'm not sure but I have a proposition for you.”
 
“If it's to have me as a puppet you can use at your leisure, the answer's no.”
 
“Hear me out on this,” I cut the connection to the net by manually unplugging the computer's Ethernet cable so he would have to listen to me. “I wouldn't use you as a puppet since I can transverse between the real and net worlds, you would be ... a friend that goes around with me.”
 
“And, be in one of those cramped PET's no.”
 
“The PET I have is customized with technologies years ahead of the rest.”
 
“I want to see your PET before I agree.”
 
“It's connected to this computer.”
 
He transferred to the METAL PET, “Compared to the PET's I've destroyed this one's data space is huge.” He paused for a moment, “I'll agree to you terms, as long as I can still fight my rival, Rockman.”
 
“That's my foster brothers Navi so chances are very high as long as you don't kill him.”
 
“Very well, I agree to all your terms, transferring permanent data signature to PET for recall systems.” He nodded to me; “I'm now you Navi for as long as I live.”
 
“You still have all your stats as an independent Navi, this will just keep you out of trouble and give you a home like the one I have been given.”
 
“I never thought a human would care about my status as a self-conscious being, every one else regards me as just data.”
 
“Are you ready to meet my foster father?”
 
He nodded, “I'll need to confront people eventually.”
 
“Don't think of this as a confrontation think of it as a meeting.”
 
“Lets just get this over with…”
 
I disconnected the METAL PET from the computer and put in my pocket, Forte was for the first time in his life disconnected from the net. I walked down the hallway toward the DA labs, again, as Forte got used to the PET. Suddenly I heard the METAL emitter warm up and felt Forte appear on my shoulder. He seemed almost excited to see the real world for the first time.
 
“You like this?” I asked.
 
“Who knew technology had come this far! I think I'm going to like being a normal Navi. What's that?” He said pointing the remnants of the DA chamber
 
“That's a DA testing chamber that was unfortunately destroyed in my creation, that is, my half data re-creation.” I explained as I walked up to Dr. Hikari. “Dr.”
 
“Yes, Orion,” he was typing away at recent test results.
 
“I wanted to introduce,” I paused, for a moment, “my Navi.”
 
He took a quick glance to see the image on my shoulder, “Yes very nice,” he was already typing again.
 
“See you later.” I told him and then whispered to Forte as I walked away, ”Ten-seconds forty-seven milliseconds.” He just looked at me.
 
We passed through the door when he finally realized what he had seen at almost exactly ten-seconds forty-seven milliseconds before. The door shut behind us and I told Forte, “Told you.”
 
“Lucky guess.”
 
“If it'll helps you sleep at night, just keep thinking that.”
 
Forte began to go on and on about how it was sheer dumb luck.
 
I focused through his blabbering as I attempted something He had taught me on accident how to move at super-realistic speeds.
 
I was home I a matter of seconds.
 
I opened the door to the house to find it was empty so I went up to my room to keep damages to a minimum while I learned how to use other powers I had yet to use.