MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Two: Awakenings ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here is chapter two; by the way the second DVD set for Megaman will be coming out soon... I can't wait to get it. (FH swoons happily at seeing more megaman episodes, megaman is one of my obsessions)

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Two: Awakenings

      Henry groaned. It had been a few minutes after Protoman had used that hover bike that he had passed out.

      Unknown to anyone (minus a select few) he was terrified of heights, if he had his way his parents apartment would be quite a few floors lower.

      Opening his eyes he realized he was no longer in the air, looking around he found himself in a small sparsely furnished room. White washed walls, a small bed that he found comfy enough and a small dresser and a small door that he could see led to a small private bathroom.

      He noticed right away that there were no windows, looked like Dr. Wily was making sure he had no chance of escape.

      "Just my luck," he grumbled, with a sigh he sat up. He sat there in silence wondering what he should do, he knew that the martial arts he knew wouldn't do any good against robots... kind of unfair in his opinion.

      Time seemed to tick by the blue haired tamer, as it did he worried about his partner who Protoman had blasted and his parents when they heard what had happened.

      'If Rika was here she would be yelling up a storm, probably Renamon would get her out of here in a snap' he sighed and rubbed his temples, he was getting nowhere.

      "Damn," he swore, he lay back on the bed and looked at the tiledceiling... and remembered the last time he had seen Takato before the explosion at the bakery.

~

      Henry smiled, it was a beautiful day and he was hanging with Takato. It was rare that they could get together now, since De-reaper all the tamers had been too busy to get together much.

      "So, how do you feel about Jeri?" Takato suddenly asked, startled the half-Chinese boy looked at the crimson-eyed boy.

      "What do you mean?" he asked blushing deeply, seeing this Takato grinned evilly.

      "Aw, does Henry have a little crush on Jeri," he teased, if possible Henry went an even darker shade of red.

      "Takato!" he yelled embarrassed, with that he chased after a laughing gogglehead.

      In what seemed like hours later (try forty minutes later) the two boys fell exhausted to the ground. By now Henry was grinning and laughing along with his friend.

      "You have to lighten up Henry, being so serious is boring and Jeri likes having fun," Takato said with a smile, Henry nodded knowing that Takato was close to Jeri.

      The two were childhood friends, he knew Takato had once had a crush on Jeri... but it hadn't worked out and they had reverted back to friends.

      "I'll remember that," he said, Takato smile grew.

      "Do that," Takato said cheerfully, both laughed again.

      "By the way, I have something for you," henry said, Takato blinked in surprise and looked at him.

      "Really, what for?" he asked. Henry smiled.

      "Well next week is your birthday... but you know my family is going to visit relatives all next week. So I thought I'd give it to you now, I really hope you like it," he said, with that he pulled a small wrapped object from the hidden inside pocket of his jacket.

      "Wow, thank," Takato said happily, he took the package and tore it apart.

      Henry watched with a bit of worry, he didn't know how Takato would like it... as it was henry always made his presents for people and this was no exception.

      "Its beautiful," Takato said in awe, in his hands rested a long silk scarf yellow in color... Henry also knew it was soft to touch also.

      "Thanks, I made it myself," he said, Takato looked at him wide eyed.

      "That's amazing... how you did it I don't want to know. The work you must have put into it, I'll treasure it always," Takato said his eyes brimming in happiness, he then put the scarf on and henry had to admit it fit Takato.

      "I'm glad you like it," Henry said, then to his surprise Takato hugged him.

      "You're the best friend in the world," Takato said happily, Henry grinned.

      "Thanks, I think Rika will like it also," he teased, Takato blushed redder then he had earlier.

      "Henry," he said with a sigh, Henry grinned knowing of the big crush Takato had on Rika.

      "Sorry, it was just a bit of revenge," he said.

      "Takato rolled his eyes, he then looked at his watch.

      "Wow... look at the time, I have to head home because my parents want me to help at the bakery tonight," Takato said, Henry nodded.

      "See you tomorrow," Henry said, then Takato turned and ran his yellow scarf fluttering behind him.

      That was the last sight Henry ever saw of the crimson-eyed boy.

~

      Henry woke with a start, sitting up he realized that he had fallen asleep. Sadly there was no way for him to tell how much time had passed, right about now he wished he had remembered to wear his watch today.

      "There's nothing to do but wait now," he said with a sigh, he was about to lay back down when the door opened with a swish. Startled the seventeen-year-old boy turned, standing there was someone he recognized from the TV with dread... DR. Wily.

      "Well, well... looks like the little Tamer is awake," Wily said, at these words Henry shivered... he had a bad feeling about this.

***

      In a home like laboratory a creature that looked like some kind of Rabbit-dog moaned. Its name was Terriermon and was at the rookie level. Mind you, he wasn't the strongest of the Tamers digimon, but he knew he was near.

      It had been a shock to be defeated by the robot so easily, it had felt like he was going against a much higher level digimon.

      As he awoke the first thing he noticed was the pain, it felt as if a mega digimon had used him as a tennis ball.

      "Professor, the creature is waking up," a female voice suddenly called; Terriermon moaned for the voice made his head hurt even more, pain-killers please.

      "Thank you Roll," a soft male voice said, the tone and the way this new person spoke reminded him of Henry's grandfather.

      Slowly he opened his eyes, at first it was all very blurry but after a lot of blinking he could see clearly.

      "Where am I?" he asked in a pained voice, at first his speaking startled them but they quickly went back to normal.

      "This is my lab," the owner of the second voice said, standing there was a man with short curly white hair and a short curly white beard.

      "Hey, your Doctor Light... I saw you on TV," he said with surprise, this guy was the creator of Megaman of all people.

      Speaking of Megaman he saw a blue armored figure enter the room, he was struck suddenly by the humanoid robots blue eyes... there was just something in them that reminded him of the long departed Takato.

      "Why yes I am, this is Roll and the robot behind me is megaman who brought you here," DR. Light told him, Terriermon nodded.

      "I'm Terriermon, now where's Henry?" he demanded, at that question Megaman walked up to him a sad look on his human like face.

      "He was kidnapped by Protoman and DR. Wily, I wasn't fast enough to save him," Mega said, at those words the hurt digimon felt as if the world was ripped away from him.

      "Henry," he whispered sadly, he then promised himself that even if it caused his own deletion he would save his partner.

      "You're a digimon, am I correct... and Henry was your partner?" DR. Light asked curious, seeing no reason not to answer the white haired scientist's questions he nodded.

      "Yeah," he said quietly, DR. Light frowned.

      "Do you have any idea of why Wily would want your partner?" Light asked, Terriermon searched his brain for anything but had to admit defeat.

      "I can't think of anything," he said in a depressed voice, Light squeezed his shoulder to comfort him feeling his inner pain.

      "How about we talk more after you rest Terriermon, while you sleep I'll try to dig up some information," Light said, Terriermon nodded feeling his eyelids already falling.

      "Good idea Doc," he said with a yawn, then he fell asleep dreaming of his Tamer.

***

      Protoman was regenerating, at night when he didn't have any missions or duties he would go into a sleep mode. Then he would be re-energized slowly and by morning he would be at a great level of energy, usually he just got energy from the devices Wily gave him to use to recharge.

      But there was just something about his sleep mode he enjoyed, it was the last thing he had even near normal or human... and what more he dreamed.

      He knew the other robots created by Wily didn't dream, he had a true soul and they did not. He had a great feeling that Mega had a soul of his own, somehow the blue robot had gotten one... and a feeling that Mega also dreamed.

      And at the moment, he was dreaming of that day.

~

      A small brown haired boy of the age of twelve sighed, sometimes working in the bakery was just so boring. Crimson eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at the time, he had quite a few hours till his parents would le him go.

      'Just great' he thought; this was so boring. With a twist of his hand he tightened his new scarf, even though he shouldn't he was wearing the yellow scarf in the kitchen.

      "Takato," he heard his mother said; the Tamer blushed realizing that he

had been daydreaming.

      "Yeah mom," he said, he tried not to sound guilty... he didn't succeed.

      "Work, now," she said, he sighed and returned to kneading some bread for his father.

      'Parents' he thought with a wry grin, he shook his head.

      He didn't know what he would do without his parents; they were all the family he had. Well... that wasn't totally true; he still had another living relative. His grandfather, someone he had met at a very young age... someone his mother hadn't spoken to in years.

      Every two months he would receive a letter from his grandfather, he knew from them that his grandfather DR. Wily was the assistant to a famous scientist DR. Light. Yet... strangely there had been no note in the last three months, he hoped his grandfather was okay.

      Suddenly a scream filled the air. Startled Takato spun around, his crimson eyes widened in terror.

      "Dad," he cried, terror played across his father's face as fire flared from a now open window. Then his mother rushed into the room and pulled his father to the floor, she tried in vain to put out the fire.

      "Mom, the oven," he called, because of his flaming father (Bad mental image) he couldn't get near it with the fire extinguisher.

      "Takato, get out of the bakery fast," his mother called, Takato turned and ran. His whole body trembled in terror, he didn't know why but this whole situation screamed disaster.

      The next thing the goggled boy knew he was flying across the room, and definitely not under his own power. Takato screamed as bits of metal flayed his back; pain flared through his body as if millions of pokers were stabbing into him.

      The flaming oven had exploded finally sending scapenol everywhere; he hit a wall with a loud painful thump. Slowly Takato got up his body screaming at every moment, he began to cry seeing the blackened bodies of his parents... they were definitely dead.

      "No," he cried, the scarf that Henry had giving him fluttered around him untouched by the destruction.

      Then another explosion sounded, the fire from the stove had spread to other things.

      Takato screamed as the explosion hit him, then at last darkness claimed him from the pain.

~

      Protoman awoke with a gasp, with a groan the armored red and gray robot sat up. With no one to see him time of weakness he hugged his shaking body, even after all this time the memory of that day terrorized him... he had lost so much.

      'My family... my life, my humanity' he thought sadly, he tugged on his scarf for comfort... his last link to his lost humanity.

      "Why, why did I have to wake up to this nightmare," he whispered sadly, he turned slightly and he could see the helmet he wore most of the time... a mask that he would probably wear till the day Megaman would probably destroy him.

      "One day, one day I will wake up from this nightmare," he whispered, he then lay down again going back into his sleep mode knowing that he had quite a few hours to go before he was fully charged.

<><><TBC><><>

Well that was the second chapter, I should begin the third chapter sooner or later. Probably soon, after all I'm picking up the second DVD set for the megaman series today.

Ja Ne