MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Five: Feelings ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey, another chapter, I love this. If you notice, I have writers block a lot for my fics and new fics always on the go. Sometimes I have a year between updates (sweatdrops as she looks over those fics and the enraged waiting fans). Anyway, onto the fic and I am using some ideas people suggested, you know who you are so I won't bother with lists of names.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Five: Feelings

      Protoman felt shock, never in the five years as a robot had he expected this. It was as if he was human again, but he knew he was not... especially since he could still feel all his robotic features inside him.

      In awe he looked at his slim human like hands, he moved them and when he touched the surface of the table he wanted to cry... he could actually feel the coldness of it and what the surface actually felt like.

      He continued to move around slightly and looking himself over, this was so incredible.

      At that moment he wished he could cry, but he had not been created with the ability to cry.

      Suddenly he felt something slipped down his cheek, startled he touched it and looked at it on his fingers.

      "Tears... tears, I'm crying," he whispered in awe, he was so in shock that he fell to the ground on his knees in numb shock.

      "How, how is this possible," he whispered, in his confusion he gripped his yellow scarf in slight fear.

      "Get use to it Protoman, it's one of the few functions I gave you to fit in without being discovered. Now get a hold of yourself, I'll be back in an hour so shape up or else," his grandfather sneered, Protoman nodded mutely almost not noticing the white haired man leaving the lab.

      Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder; startled he looked up and found himself looking into Henry's green-gray eyes.

      "Calm down Takato, you have to get a hold of yourself," Henry said, Takato nodded weakly, this was too much of a shock.

      "Henry," he whispeerd, Henry blinked.

      "Yeah?" he asked; then before the blue haired teen could have reacted Protoman had enveloped the human in a hug.

      "Takato!" Henry said startled, with tear filled eyes Protoman looked Henry in the eyes.

      "I'm so happy Henry, I can look normal again... people won't run away in fear of me," Protoman whispered, he then cried into Henry's chest.

      This was a release for his soul, for five years of not being able to and a friendless cold life he wasn't alone. He looked human, he could cry, and if what he was reading in the programs file eat, drink and so much more.

      "I know Takato, I know," Henry whispered smiling, they stayed there Henry comforting the human like robot who could finally have a bit of happiness in his unnatural life.

      'Hopefully everything will end right in the end after all' Henry thought, he only hoped that Wily's plans for Takato's freedom would work.

***

West Shinjuku:

      In her daily jog, Rika Nonaka froze.

      Not knowing why she turned and stared in the direction of the wilderness, the violet-eyed girl could only frown.

      'What's going on, why do I feel that something wonderful has just happened' Rika thought; the teen known as the digimon queen could not answer that question.

      "Rika?" a voice asked.

      "Yes?" she said; bedside her an kitsune digimon known as Renamon appeared her blue eyes calm.

      "Is something wrong, you seem unsettled?" Renamon asked, the tamer frowned.

      "No, its nothing," she answered, with that in mind the fox digimon vanished once again.

      'Yet... why do I feel that something important just happened' she thought still confused, she continued to jog.

      'Important to me' she thought.

***

      Protoman sneezed, he then blinked.

      'I sneezed, I didn't know it was possible for me to sneeze' the robotic teen thought, he looked at Henry who also blinked then shrugged.

      "Hey you look human, I guess you can sneeze and cry also," the teen said, this startled a laugh out of the brown haired protoman.

      "I guess, thanks for letting me cry on you," he said weakly, he finally moved off his friend.

      Suddenly an evil little smirk came to his face, seeing this look Henry sweatdropped.

      "So Henry," he said, Henry looked at his suspiciously.

      "Yes Takato," he said with narrowed eyes, Takatos grin widened.

      "Are you and Jeri going steady yet," he teased, at those words Henry's face went a bright red.

      "Yeah..." Henry said totally embarrassed.

      "Ahh, so little henry got a girl friend, have you done the deed yet," Protoman said wickedly. Never let it said that Protoman aka didn't have an evil sense of humor; he had a very evil sense of humor when he put his mind on it.

      "WHAT" he screamed in a high pitched even more embarrassed voice, he blushed even redder with that was even possible.

      "Oh chill Henry, I was teasing," Protoman grinned, Henry turned a very murderous look at his friend.

      "You are so dead," he said angrily, he then began to chase his laughing friend. He wouldn't actually kill the robot, but he would at least try to strangle him a bit.

      "Been there, done that," Protoman called back laughing, Henry just ran faster his friend staying just out of reach his yellow scarf waving like a banner behind him.

***

      In another room of Wily's base a tired white haired man smiled, his dark eyes softened at the laughter the two boys shared.

      It had taken a very long time to create the device he had installed into Protoman; in fact it had taken him four and a half years to perfect it.

      He had made it so that combined with the awesome power of Takato's D-ark this evolution could happen, now Protoman was the most advanced robot. While he couldn't make Protoman human again, he could at least give him this great happiness.

      "A few more days and all will be set right, then I just have to make sure Light won't go after him," Wily said thoughtfully, that was his main worry. That Light and megaman would go after Takato once he was free, they might think he was still faking it... he would not free his grandson just to be murdered.

      "Hold on Takato, soon you'll be happy... and free," he whispered, he then leaned back in his chair and continued to watch henry and Protoman chase each other laughter in there eyes.

***

      In the southern Quadrant of the digital world a fiery bird opened his eyes, it stared into the unknown.

      It then nodded as if he saw something others did not, and he did.

      Five years ago: he had watched a digimon sacrifice their data so that a soul might be transferred to a non-living body. If that sacrifice had not been made the soul would have been lost forever, that could not happen.

      The sovereign could feel something coming, something that could destroy all.

      In the coming months a challenge so great would be met, he only hoped the hazard child could meet it.

      Guilmon had sacrificed too much for Takato to fail; the real world and the digital world was counting on him.

<><><TBC><><>

Next Time (Bombermans voice): Programs start to fray, and a certain red and gray robot will start to have a fresh breath of freedom. But not all is well, Megaman searches for henry with Terriermon and a certain kitsune Tamer is entering more of the fray of the story.

FH: Okay people here are some answers to some questions and some apologies

1) Yes the whole Henry has a watch then doesn't have a watch is a mistake, as of now he has no watch so no more people pointing that out to me.

2) Yes I know there are grammer and spelling mistakes, hello people I work onhow many fics and my spelling function on my home computer isn't a super computer. But I am trying to lesson the grammer mistakes.

3) As for the whole D-Arc thing. It did help transfer Takatos mind, soul and memories... excetra to the robotic body. It will stay in there, and this chapter explained why he will not be using cards, Guilmon used his data and sacrificed himself so that Takato would survive.

4) The body. That cool little invention Wily put in upgraded his entire body, it is super advanced and even light hasn't discovered in his science something like that. It combines with the data of the D0-arc changed the robot completely inside, so that he can convert food, drink into energy. Also it changed other things, he can now cry, feel things like normal people (touch, hot, cold the temperature).

5) He does have a sub-space pocket thing. That is where his armor is stored when he looks totally human.

6) Yes, this will be a Rukato, my rukato friends have already made me promise that

7) Megaman/Roll; if they get an upgrade is for me to know and for you to gnaw at your livers for... ignore that rude remark. I just got over food poisoning and I'm still grumpy.

Ja Ne