MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Thirteen: By the Tick of the Clock ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Dum dum dum, here is the long awaited chapter. With special stuff, when you get to a certain spot another story takes place a sidestory that is slowly being written and posted… its called ‘Digimon Souls’ and will be posted separately on ffnet… but under my name of course.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Thirteen: By the Tick of the Clock

“You have to come out sooner or later, at least to eat,” the young boy said, he said it to a closed and locked door… for the last two weeks it had been like that.

“I just go to sleep and recharge mode, so I don’t have too,” a muffled voice said from behind the door, Rock sighed and leaned against the door.

“Takato… please… come out… at least talk to me,” Rock begged, no sound came from Takato’s room.

Rock sighed and pulled away from the door, looked like he wasn’t going to get anywhere today… again.

Sighing he started to walk down the hall.

“I guess I could talk about it,” a soft voice said, startled Rock turned around to see Takato standing there his door open.

Rock smiled.

-

“I can’t believe she said that!” Rock shouted angrily, if the blue bomber wasn’t a protector he would have gone and ripped Rika a new one. Oh yes, can’t forget the fact he loves peace… the public would hunt him down for scrap metal if he did that.

“She called me a monster, I’m not one... am I?” Takato whispered sadly, without a second thought Rock hugged Takato in a brotherly way.

“Your not a monster, you might have seemed like one when you were forced to work for Wily… but your one of the nicest people I know,” Rock said in a comforting voice.

“One of them?” Takato asked curious.

“You do have that problem with sarcastic remarks,” Rock replied.

Takato couldn’t help it but laugh, and it was true.

“Done locking yourself up?” Rock finally asked letting the hug go, Takato gave a weak smile.

“Yeah, I’m going to have a shower okay,” Takato replied.

“Sure bro, see you in a bit,” Rock said, with that he left the room, leaving his brother behind. Yet he knew, that by talking he had helped his brother recover in a small way.

-

The warm water flowed over Takato’s body; his hair fell flatly against his head. As a robot he didn’t sweat or produce any other things a human body did, the only reason he was actually having a shower was to keep his body clean of other everyday things.

‘When did everything get so messed up’ Takato thought.

He knew it had first gotten messed up when his mind had been transferred into this robotic body, the years following had been a nightmare times a trillion.

Then he was free, the act of getting free… he did not want to repeat ever.

He could have killed Henry.

Then he got a life of his own again, or as much a life as he could.

And now things were just as big a mess as before.

Rika thought he was a monster.

‘Mom… dad... I wonder what you would think of me now’ he thought sadly.

Would they, think him a monster.

He was actually kind of scared to find out.

Thoughts whirling through his mind, the robotic teen finally got out of the shower. He dried himself with a large fluffy towel, then pulled on some clothing he had brought with him from his bedroom.

Looking into a mirror, which was still slightly foggy, Takato quickly brushes his hair… but he knew that whatever he did it would dry is the same messy style.

‘I almost wish gramps had changed my hairstyle when he created this body, would it be too much to ask for non messy hair’ Takato thought.

He had to smile a bit at that; shaking his head he left the bathroom stopping briefly in his room to drop of his towel and other things.

-

Rock smiled as Takato entered the kitchen; the red-eyed teen went to the fridge and pulled out a thing of milk. Rock watch amused as Takato actually drank out of it instead of pouring a glass; in fact he emptied the milk.

“Roll is going to kill you Takato, that was the last of the milk… and she didn’t plan to go buy more till tomorrow,” Rock said in an amused voice, Takato looked at Rock and rolled his eyes.

“Whatever,” Takato said, he sat down at the table next to Rock.

Silence followed for a while as it did Rock looked at the clock at its slow and reliable tick tock noise.

“What now?” Takato finally asked, startled out of silence Rock looked at the robot he considered a brother.

“I don’t know Takato, nothing much has been happening… other then the world panic outside lately,” Rock said sadly, silence followed that for a few minutes after that sentence.

“Actually Takato… I have something for you,” a voice said, looking up they saw Dr. Light standing by the door to the room.

“Really, what is it?” he asked curious.

“Follow me to the lab,” Light said, curious Takato and rock followed him t the lab… just in time to escape the kitchen as Roll entered.

“It can’t be!” Takato said excitedly as soon as he entered, for leaning against the wall of the lab was something he had lost years ago.

It was a simple shield... one he had once carries. He had thought it had been destroyed in one of his many battles with megaman… looked like Light had saved it.

He quickly walked over to it and admired it, it had been polished recently he could tell… it was perfect… and it was the real deal too.

Takato turned to see the grinning faces of Light and rock, he allowed himself to give them a soft smile.

“How in the world did you get hold of this, I thought it was destroyed years ago?” Takato asked curious, Light got a thoughtful look on his face.

“Actually, I was looking through some scrap metal in a dump when I came across it… oh… about a year and a half ago. It was in a bad shape, but I recognized it and brought it home. I had no idea what I would so with it, but I fixed it up… looks like it was a good idea. As it is, I actually forgot I had it till now,” The scientist told him.

“Thanks, this means a lot to me… especially since this is part of my armour… I don’t feel complete without it,” Takato said, he picked up the shield cheerfully and began to get himself use to its weight again.

“TAKATO!” a voice yelled.

Takato sweatdropped.

“Oh dear, what did you do this time?” Light asked the teenager, but he didn’t respond... Takato had already escaped Rolls wrath by going out the window.

-

Takato walked the silent streets, with the asteroid coming in the future the world seemed to have frozen… so many people were locking themselves away in this final time.

‘So sad, they should be enjoying themselves as much as they can in this time’ he thought shaking his head, but people were like that when they feared death…oblivion of all they knew.

“Takato…” a voice said, blinking Takato turned to see a familiar figure with blue hair and a rabbit creature walking towards him.

“Henry… Terriermon,” he greeted.

“Momentai Shades,” Terriermon chirped out cheerfully.

“I’m so happy to see you Takato, I’ve been so worried about you,” Henry said, and Takato knew he was talking about what had happened with Rika.

“Thanks Henry, I’m feeling a bit better…” Takato said, soon the two of them were walking together with no destination in mind.

“Takato… I’m sure she didn’t mean it… she was just scared… she never expected someone to rip a digimon in half easily,” Henry finally said.

“Henry… and I a monster like she said?” Takato asked quietly.

“Takato listen to me, you are not a monster. You are human in soul if not body, never let anyone make you believe you’re a monster… because your not,” Henry said making him look in his eyes.

Takato gave a small smile at that.

“Thanks Henry, I needed that,” Takato said with a small smile, it still hurt but not as much.

“Anyway monsters don’t have friends, and I’m your friend,” Henry pointed out, at that Takato gave a soft laugh… it was true.

-

A red haired girl lay on her bed, her hair spilled around her face giving her a fragile look. Her violet eyes stared at her rooms ceiling, she sighed.

‘Why did I say those things… why?’ she thought, she knew she had hurt him badly… but... what she had seen him do had freaked her out beyond reason.

For one thing his body was robotic so he had the strength to easily rip a digimon apart, but it had been a very powerful digimon at that.

“You should apologize,” a voice said from nowhere.

“I know Renamon. But... I hurt him, I’ve never hurt him so badly… what would I say,” Rika whispered, in these moments alone with only her partner did she let down the ice that sheltered her fragile heart.

“Go… you’ll know what to do when you get there,” Renamon told her.

Rika lay there for a moment before getting up; she pulled her hair into its usual ponytail.

“I’ll be back… sooner or later,” Rika said with her usual smirk; then she ran from her room.

“About time, I was starting to worry,” Renamon said before fading out.

-

Evening was slowly coming onto the area; the air was becoming cooler with a hint of starts in the sky.

Takato smiled as he looked at it and smiled, he had left Henry hours ago. He knew he should head home soon, but… he still had so many things to think about.

‘I hope they aren’t worried: I have been gone all day’ Takato thought with a frown.

It was then that he heard it, the beat of feet on the ground and the harsh breath of someone who had been running for a long time.

Turning he stared, for coming towards him was a tired looking Rika.

“Rika…” he whispered as she came to a stop, she didn’t answer for a few moments as she caught her breath.

“Takato… we… I… need to talk,” she said softly, this surprised him… for she didn’t sound angry… or fearful… she was serious.

“What is it?” he asked, hopefully he wasn’t about to be hurt again.

“Omph,” he said as suddenly Rika jumped forward and hugged him, her face was against his chest and to his surprise he found that she was crying.

“I’m sorry Takato… so sorry, I didn’t mean it... please forgive me,” Rika cried… or rather begged, he gently hugged her a soft smile came to his face.

He knew he was seeing the true inner Rika right now, the fragile girl he had rarely seen over the years.

“Don’t worry, your already forgiven,” he whispered, and it was true… and everything felt right again.

Now… if only they could get rid of the asteroid.

-

“He’s been gone quite awhile, do you think he’s okay?” Rock asked his creator; the robots face had concern on it.

“I’m sure he’s okay Rock, a lot of things have happened to him lately… I’m sure he just has to think some things over,” Light told him, Rock sighed.

“I guess, but he could have giving us a call or something so we wouldn’t worry,” Rock said with a deep sigh.

“Yes... it would have helped, it’s a slightly bad habit of his,” Light responded.

“Are you two still waiting by the phone?” a voice said, the two looked up a guilty childish look on their faces.

“If we said no, would you believe us?” Light asked in a childish voice, Roll rolled here eyes and began to walk away.

“Not in the least, by the way Takato has been home for the last fifty minutes… he’s helping me cook supper,” she said as she walked away, the two froze.

“Hmm… the magazines right, males never do grow up,” she said to herself once she was further away.

She giggled, as Dr. Light and Rock ran past her towards the kitchen.

-

Takato sweatdropped as Light and Rock ran into the kitchen, they paused at the sight of him.

“Takato, where have you been… you’ve just been gone all day?” Rock asked with concern.

“We’ve been quite worried about you,” Light said, Takato sighed and put down some dishes on the counter.

“I’ve been walking around and thinking a lot of it, also talking to Henry and Terriermon…” Takato said trailing off.

“And?” Rock said hearing the silent ‘and’ as he trailed off.

“Talked to Rika,” he said quietly.

“WHAT... what did she do this time, let me at her,” Rock said with a weird protective look on his face, Takato twitched.

“Actually we talked... and she apologized,” Takato said with a small smile.

Thankfully the weird protective look faded from rocks face, Takato sighed thankfully and silently.

“Oh… did it go okay?” Rock asked with concern, Light also had concern on his face.

“Alls well, and will stay that way with us,” Takato whispered, and in the end that’s all they could get out of him.

-

In space an asteroid slowly moved towards a small blue planet, it’s was so huge it was a force no one really wanted to mess with.

But sadly, it looked like the small blue planet would have to face it…all too soon.

-

“A what?” Takato said in confusion, Dr. Light sighed as he explained.

“A Counter gravity ray, it will basically slow down the meteorite long enough in place until the next planet passes close enough to put it back into motion. Till then we can plan on how to stop it for good,” Light explained.

“How long will that be Dr. light?” Rock asked with concern; hopefully a long time.

“It will give us six months till it comes, till then… we must try our best to find a way to destroy it for good,” Light told them.

‘Six months... six months… hopefully we’ll find a way’ Takato thought frowning.

“When do they try the Ray?” Takato asked finally.

“Tomorrow morning, it will be on the news… I hope all goes well… I helped design it you know with a scientist nicknamed Dice of all things” Light said, the man stared out a nearby window sadly.

“I hope it works, it wouldn’t be right for the Earth to be destroyed,” Takato said softly.

“I feel the same way,” Rock said sadly.

-

The morning sun shone down brightly, the sky was a deep blue that seemed endless as far as the eye could see.

In a scientific government lab, a group of scientists went over a large ray of some type to make sure no glitches would happen in the proceeding time and no one had tried to cause problems with it.

“My, today is a hot day,” Light said, he whipped away sweat with a piece of cloth.

“Yes, perfect,” a gloomy voice said, startled Light spun around. Standing there was a tall dark and gloomy man; his right eye had a tendency to twitch now and then.

“Really, I thought it was a tad hot Dr. Dice,” Light responded.

“No… I like it hot,” Dice said; then creepily laughing he seemed fade away from view.

“That’s creepy,” Megaman said from where he stood guard, to keep the area safe megaman had come along to keep people from stopping this.

“Megaman, that’s a very rude thing to say,” light said frowning upon his creation.

“Yes, very rude,” a voice said laughing evilly, scared Megaman spun around and sweatdropped.

“Drr… Dice,” he said with a strained smile.

“You weren’t talking bad about me were you?” Dice asked with a creepy smile.

“No… of course not sir,” Megaman said.

“Good, wouldn’t want that,” Dice said.

“Bwaa ha ha ha!” Dice said laughing, then vanished in that creepy way.

‘Why in the world is Light friend’s with this guy’ Megaman thought with a massive sweatdrop.

Nearby Takato snickered fro where he leaned against the building, he wasn’t armoured up but in case of emergencies he was there.

‘I like this guy already’ Takato thought.

-

Thankfully, there was no need for the two robots. The rays proceedings went on without a hitch, the world gave a sigh of relief as the massive asteroid paused in its disastrous course.

Light and his group went home, Dice went… wherever he had come from... thankfully Dice had vanished to Megamans relief… that guy was creepy.

The world moved on the nest they could, they knew it was only a pause till it moved forward again.

People lived as normally as they could, scientists and governments around the world rushed to find a final way to stop and destroy the asteroid so it wouldn’t destroy earth.

During this time, many things happened to a certain group of hero’s. Mainly: Takato’s friends and family. For one thing, they met travelers from an alternate time and world that was linked with their own.

((Important, read the side story that was posted ‘Digimon souls’ for the full story of what happened during this time))

Finally it came down to the final three months, and this is where our story picks up again.

-

“No way, you want Wily’s help!” Rock said in disbelief.

“I’m afraid so Rock, I’ve gone as far as I can by myself with these calculations… Wily is the only one I know who can help me further,” Light told him.

Rock groaned; that meant Wily would be here.

“How will we contact him, you know he always contacts us… and it’s not like he gives us his phone number?” Rock asked; Light looked thoughtful then sighed.

“I wish I knew,” Light admitted.

Rock then blinked as an idea came to him, and he had a feeling that Takato wouldn’t like it in the least.

-

“No no... and no!” Takato shouted angrily, at the moment Takato was sitting on the roof of Light’s house; down below on the lawn stood Rock.

“Please Takato, you’re the only person we knew who knows where Dr. Wilys base is,” Rock begged, Takato gave a groan and pushed his shades onto his face.

“Fine, but you’ll owe me,” He growled; Rock only smiled.

“Thanks Takato,” Rock chirped, Takato only groaned again… he could just feel the chaos.

-

‘I am so, going to regret this’ Protoman thought; with a deep sigh.

At the moment the armoured red robot was standing at the edge of a wasteland area, in the distance he could see a large fortress with a skull design.

‘I still don’t get the skull design, but I guess he chose the name of the fortress to fit at least’ he thought.

He knew that he had been spotted, there was now ay to get near without at least a zillion cameras spotting him.

‘Hmm… I’m surprised non of the idiot squads have shown up’ he thought, but he knew why Wily hadn’t sent them… he wanted to actually talk.

A few minutes later, Protoman made it to the building… inside his helmet an eyebrow rose when the door opened for him.

“Heh, can’t mistake that invitation,” he said with a smirk.

He walked into the building, ignoring the dark décor since he knew it all by heart anyway. His metal clad feet made soft sounds on the floor; he made it soft because the loud noises of metal feet on metal floor annoyed him.

To his slight amusement the halls were all empty, not another robot in sight.

‘Wily’s probably in his main lab’ he thought, with that in mind he quickly headed there.

Twenty minutes later he stood in front of the metal door, he took a deep breath... he didn’t like this. Hell, he didn’t even want to be in this place… this fortress had been his prison for five years in a way.

“You might as well come in, I know you’re there,” Wily’s voice said over the speakers, Protoman blinked.

“Might as well get it over with,” Protoman said in a dry voice, with that he pressed the touch button beside the door and stepped inside once the door slid open.

Wily was sitting in a large chair facing a window; the scene outside was bleak and lifeless.

“We need you’re help,” Protoman said.

“Why my help, can’t Light save the world all by himself,” Wily sneered, at that moment Protoman knew where he had learned how to do a sarcastic tone of voice.

“Light himself admits that he needs your help, he can’t do this alone… if this fails… the earth will be gone,” Protoman told the man.

“Hn, what do I care of Light,” Wily snorted.

“If the world is destroyed, what will you take over,” Protoman pointed out, Wily sighed.

“Tell Light I’ll be at his lab seven sharp in the morning,” Wily said, Protoman nodded and turned to walk out the door.

“I turned security back on, have fun,” Wily said, Protoman grinned… almost evilly.

“Good, I could use a workout… been to peaceful lately,” Protoman said, with that he walked out of the lab ready to fight.

-

“Takato!” Rock cried happily, Takato had just walked into the door to see the worried face of his brother.

“I’m back, what’s up?” he asked casually.

“I was getting worried, it’s been hours since you went to see Dr. Wily… what happened?” Rock asked curious.

“Oh, got to Wily in no time, he’ll be here tomorrow,” Takato said shrugging.

“But what took you so long?” Rock asked bewildered.

“Oh… just got a little exercise,” Takato said with a dark grin; then whistling eerily he walked away from Rock.

Rock hung his head in defeat, what did it take to break Takato’s habit of calling ‘blowing up robots’ exercise.

-

It was a face off; good verses evil, light verses dark… okay… maybe it wasn’t.

It was actually Wily and Light arguing over calculations of the weapon they would use again the asteroid.

“You call these calculations, these are so off… a monkey could do better!” Wily yelled at his counterpart, Light meanwhile was doing his best to remain calm… they had already been doing this for three hours.

Rock was just staring at the two wide eyed, it was like the Twilight Zone… their arguing was freaky.

And… how the hell was Takato ignoring all this.

“Um… Takato?” Rock asked him; at the moment Takato was leaning against a wall reading some book with his shades covering his eyes.

“Yeah bro?” Takato asked not looking up from his book.

“How are you ignoring all this?” Rock asked hopefully, maybe it was some trick that would let him ignore this chaos.

“Ignore what?” Takato asked finally looking up, a blank look on his face.

Rock twitched, how in the world could Takato so easily ignore this.

“Never mind,” Rock said, he sighed in defeat and walked away.

Takato shrugged, and went back to his book.

-

The day was finally here, there was no going back.

Wily and Light had decided on places and time, thankfully with little argument at this point.

“Well… I hope everything goes well,” Megaman said, at the moment the two were waiting while Light and Wily were making last minute fixes on the lasers they would use.

“It will go well bro, don’t hope… you’ll jinx it,” protoman said, the red robot was leaning against a wall.

“I guess,” Megaman replied.

“It’s time to go,” Protoman said, for the two scientists were loading the lasers into a large hover car.

Both climbed into the back, to keep an eye on the lasers… mind you they really didn’t have to worry about someone going after them.

After all, everyone was in shelters in hope they would survive.

-

Megaman sighed as they dropped Protoman off at his sight, then lifting off they headed to the spot he would be at.

“Dr. Light… do you think it’s alright to leave him there with the laser on his own… something might happen and we won’t be able to help?” Megaman asked.

Light sighed.

“You shouldn’t worry Megaman, Lights keeping an eye in him from his place… he’ll be constantly monitored,” Light explained.

“I guess,” Megaman replied.

-

Wily stared at the scene nervously, there lives were depending on Megaman and protoman… everything had to go right… nothing could go wrong.

He hadn’t liked working with Light, but when it counted he would do it.

“This is Wily, you both is position?” he asked over a radio, there was silence for a few moments.

“Yeah, already firing… and damn it’s hot,” came Protomans voice. “The damn heat is melting my handheld radio,” he mused.

“I’m firing it also, counting down to phase two,” megaman replied.

“Good, and try not to let your radio melt… we want to stay in contact,” Wily said in a dry voice.

“Too late…” Protoman said, then his radio went dead and Wily knew that the radio had melted.

“Note to self, make radios more heat resistant,” he said to himself.

“Um… I’m still here…” Megaman said. Wily sighed.

“You’re one is about to melt also isn’t it?” he asked.

“Yup,” megaman said, then there was radio silence.

“This isn’t my day,” Wily sighed.

-

Protoman gritted his teeth, as the laser continued to fire. It let off a scorching heat. He knew that if a human had used this they would have died, as it was the pieces of metal holding the laser were starting to melt.

‘I’m going to loose my hands at this rate’ he thought, his lips pressed together into a thin line at that. In fact, there was a good chance he wouldn’t survive this experience.

‘As it is, if we fail the earth is space dust’ he thought, he couldn’t give up and he knew Megaman was counting on him to keep going.

His crimson eyes gazed at the sky; it was darkened almost as it was night by the huge asteroid bearing down towards Earth.

Protoman spared a glance westward of where he stood, miles away on a grassy hillside he could see a figure operating a huge laser machine like his own. It sent pure white energy, up towards the asteroid.

‘Hope Megaman is doing alright, if we don’t do this right… and this is our only chance… we are all doomed!’ he thought.

At this time, all he could do was hope.

-

A thing Megaman disliked at the moment was heat; the heat of the laser combined with the coming asteroids heat was slowly melting his armour.

‘If I survive this, it will take quite awhile to repair my armour. That is, if the heat doesn’t melt me to a puddle first’ he thought and winced at the mental image those thoughts brought up, not a very pretty picture.

Frowning, he pushed away all his thoughts on melting. He had to concentrate on this task; the entire Earth was depending on Protoman and himself.

He could feel Dr. Light, Rush and Roll about forty feet behind him… a safe distance from the laser.

“Keep this up Megaman, you can do it!” he heard Roll call, a grin came to his face at that.

‘That’s right I can do it, if Protoman can be good and Wily help in a crisis… I can win against the odds’ Megaman thought with new determination.

Finally it was time, time for Protoman and himself to go to the final setting of the laser. Together, both lasers would cause the asteroid to change course and orbit permantly and it would never threaten earth again.

“Initiating second phase,” Megaman said, he pressed three buttons. Silence seemed to fill the air for a few minutes, then the laser changed from pure white to a startling purple-black colour.

Then all went black as the laser exploded, he came to a few moments later.

“Damn…” he said, he began to swear… This wasn’t good. Now the Earth only had one hope, Protoman.

‘Were counting on you Takato’ he thought.

-

Deep underground in a shelter, a certain red haired teen hugged herself in fear. Before this she had never known true fear, but now with her very existence along with everyone else’s she knew.

She felt familiar furry arms arms engulf her in a hug, opening her eyes she found herself staring into icy blue eyes.

“I am here Rika,” Renamon said, and Rika knew it was also a promise… a promise that she would be there till the end.

“I never got to tell him goodbye,” Rika whispered, tears slipped down her face. In these final moments she would let her tough façade fall away, and let everyone see what Takato had always seen.

“I’m sure he knows Rika,” Renamon told her.

“I…” Rika began.

“I never got to tell him I loved him with all my heart,” Rika admitted, and now he would never know.

-

“Wow,” Protoman said as he heard an explosion, he turned his head and his eyes widened. He could see lots of smoke from where Megamans laser had been, he hoped the blue robot was okay.

-Protoman, concentrate on the laser and asteroid… we can’t waste a moment- a voice said, Protoman almost jumped but then realized it had come from his internal communications device. It was made for emergencies and hadn’t been used in years, but… only one other person knew of it.

-Wily…- he responded softly, there was a few moments silence.

-Listen Takato- Protoman blinked at his real name; Wily rarely called him that while he was in armour.

-Megaman’s laser blew up, who knows why. But you’re the only one left, were all counting on you- Wily said, Protoman sighed.

-Good luck Protoman- Wily said, then the connection was severed.

“Can’t fail now,” he said, as he continued second phase he had no idea that Dr. Light, Rush, Rolland Megaman were rushing to the sight he was at.

-

“We have to hurry!” Dr. Light shouted; the world seemed silent since everyone else we’re below in eth shelters in hope that they might survive.

“Everything is just going from bad to worse,” Megaman said angrily.

“Oh no…” Light said suddenly, they paused and gasped… to their horror the laser Protoman was controlling was slowly going out.

-

Protoman froze as his laser started to go out then finally out, he stood there in disbelief and horror.

‘What now… the world is doomed’ he thought sadly.

Then for a moment he was back there, back in that dream so long ago… where he last spoke to Guilmon.

“Guilmon?” he questioned.

“Takatomon… I’m still here, I always am,” Guilmon said, his golden eyes gazed at him.

“What now… there is nothing left to stop the asteroid from hitting Earth,” he said sadly.

“There is always a way,” Guilmon said, in front of them an image of Crimson Gallantmon appeared.

“We still have this, Grani’s power is still there for us to use,” Guilmon said, Takato smiled.

“I never realized I still had the power of crimson mode with me, this way we can save the earth… even if I don’t,” Takato said.

Protoman opened his eyes, his crimson eyes narrowed.

“Your right Guilmon, I can feel the power now,” Protoman whispered, he stared at the sky and as if a miracle a single shaft of sunlight pierced the darkness to land upon him.

“Time to end this all.” Protoman said, he held up the laser again and focused all his power onto it. A beautiful golden glow surrounded it and himself, behind his shades his crimson eyes swirled with gold.

“Rika… I’ll miss you,” he whispered.

And he released it all, all his power, all his energy… all he had to give.

The world seemed to freeze for him then, a feeling of peace came over him.

Then there was only light.

-

Megaman gasped as the area where Takato was, was well engulfed by light. He shaded his eyes as it lanced towards the asteroid; then the light faded enough for him to let his arm fall away.

Blue sky shone above him, he gasped and looked around in wander… light seemed to fall down softly like glowing feathers before finally fading away.

“Where’s the asteroid?” Roll asked bewildered.

“I… I... don’t know,” Megaman said, but he knew that this was some kind of miracle… it hadn’t been diverted forever... it was just gone.

“What about Takato?” Roll finally said, for the red armoured robot hadn’t contacted him yet.

-

In the shelter Rika snapped out of her crying with a start.

“Takato…” she whispered, she knew that nothing would be the same at that point… for what reason she didn’t know.

And... she couldn’t feel Takato anymore in her heart.

-

“No…” Megaman whispered, they had finally arrived at where Protoman should have been.

But there was only a massive crater melted into the ground, littering the ground were wreaked, melted…pieces of armour... red armour.

The most recognizable piece was a large shield, somehow untouched by the rest of the armour.

Megaman fell to his knees, grief filling him. Slowly he picked up the shield, it reflected his image.

“Protoman…” Megaman whispered.

The world hadn’t just lost a hero that day; he had lost a brother.

-

In the digital world: four figures gathered. In the centre of this important group floated a silvery-gold orb of light around ten feet in size.

“He did well,” a shadowy figure said, three other figures also agreed.

One of the figures leaned towards the orb, its light revealed the figure to be a great Dragon digimon known as Azulongmon.

“Most of his body was destroyed, we must do our best to restore him,” he said, there was agreement to that also. For in the orb was a figure, of one who had saved both the real world and the digital world.

In the orb was no other then Takato, he looked whole enough at the moment… but he wasn’t. He seemed to be in a deep sleep, his short hair floated softly around his face. His slim arms hugged his legs to his chest. He wore nothing, but he had privacy for his body was covered by a glow that seemed to come from inside the robotic teen.

“Its taking a lot of data to reconstruct him,” a tiger like digimon said, the bird sovereign gave a sound that sounded remarkably like a snort.

“Of course it is, most of his body was destroyed in the final moments, were lucky enough as it is that the important parts of him survived as it is!” the bird snarled, the two sovereigns began to argue but were quickly stopped by the wise two headed turtle sovereign.

“Are you done?” Azulongmon asked with weary patience, he was long use to the arguing at such important times… think De-reaper.

There was silence, but he knew they were done… for now.

“Poor child, such a hard life… even now as a robot. No one understands you truly. You die, but you truly did not… twice now,” the great dragon said sadly, he sighed.

“Heh… he was strong, but he could have been stronger,” a certain human hating digtal sovereign sneered. Azulongmon sweatdropped: why did the bird always have to butt in.

“Then lets make him stronger, so that he may never fear failure in such a critical time again,” the great turtle sovereign suggested.

Arguments quickly filed the air, but after an hour it was agreed.

“It will take more data then originally planned, but it will be well worth it… especially if we… upgrade... him just right,” the feline smirked.

“Yes, that would work,” Azulongmon said smiling.

Takato’s eyes slowly opened from within the orb, they glowed a soft golden colour… as his eyes actual crystal like tears slipped from his eyes and floated away.

TBC

Wow… don’t worry this isn’t the end, this is only the end of the first Ark. This was the rebirth ark.

Next Ark: Silver Angel

And here are a few Omake’s by WandererD… who owns Dr.Dice by the way since I gave him the right to design the character. Also, he is writing the side story ‘Digimon Souls’ with me.

Omake’s:

By: WandererD

Omake 1

Light: Tell me, Dr. Dice, how was this ray supposed to stop the Meteorite again?

Dice: Meteorite? Stop?

Light: ... yes, that is why we're using the ray for, remember? Why are you fidgeting like that?

Dice: Um... then it wasn't to make things bigger?

Light: ...

Omake 2:

Light: Dr. Dice! Activate the ray! Quickly!

Dice: Yeeees Maaaaster...

Takato: Dr... that man... gives me the creeps...

Light: Takato! He's a highly respected scientific genious!

Takato: Why is he speaking to a Gatomon plush toy?

Light: Geniouses are sometimes excentric...

Omake 3:

Light: dr. Dice? Where is Dr. Dice?

Dice: Here!

Light: Aaaaaah!

Dice: AAAAAAH!

Light: AAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Dice: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Megaman: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Dice AAAAH! AAAAH!

Light: AAAAAAAAAAH!