MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Here We Go Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Past, Present and Future

Chapter 1: Here We Go Again

It was the year 20xx. In this time, the cities we know have faded away, replaced with newer, more high-tech cities. These cities were separated by large stretches of untamed land. The city that this story took place was the well-known city of Capcom, where many large and unique skyscrapers lined the streets. Each building beautiful in its own way, disregarding the one building with a large gaping hole through it. The building that Megaman had just gotten blasted through by a tall, onyx and scarred robot by the name of Bass. Rush, in jet mode, swiftly flew under Megaman to catch him. As Megaman steadied himself, Bass flew around the building. He was standing upon his loyal wolfbot Treble, who also was in jet form.

"I'm tired of fighting with you! Can't we just settle this peacefully like civilized robots?!" Megaman cried.

"Shut up and fight!" Bass snarled impatiently. He shot a large beam of plasma at the smaller blue robot, who promptly leapt over the beam and retaliated with one of his own. Bass also dodged the beam and fired another. This went on for quite awhile, with both trying to gain the upper hand.

Suddenly Megaman had an idea and shot a plasma beam right above Bass, who out of nerve reaction steered Treble downwards. This was exactly what Megaman wanted him to do. The Blue Bomber swiftly fired below the onyx robot, who accidentally steered Treble right into it. The impact sent him reeling back into another building. Megaman charged his canon and leapt off Rush, landing several feet before his adversary. Bass scrambled onto his feet and fired a series of blasts. Megaman strafed to the side and fired his charged beam of plasma, striking the ebony android square in the chest. Thick smoke erupted from the sleek black bot as he collapsed onto one knee.

"You'll pay for this!" Bass spat. "I'll be back!" He teleported away with Treble. Megaman stood in silence for a moment to catch his breath before hopping back onto Rush and heading home…

"I can't believe you failed AGAIN! Why do I continue to put up with you?!" Wily screeched as he repaired Bass. This high-pitched tone brought a wince from the injured robot.

"I don't know what's worse.." Bass muttered under his breath. "Getting beaten by Megaman or coming home to a tongue-lashing session.."

"WHAT did you say?!" Wily shrieked.

"I said I never knew how lucky I was to have been created by the best mad scientist ever to grace Capcom!" Bass said quickly.

Wily scowled. "That's not going to save you this time, Bass. I'm though with this! I've built you with the sole and solitary purpose of destroying Megaman. With all of the power and upgrades I've given you still fail!" The old man hissed. "This is the last straw. If you fail me this time, you will be deactivated!"

Bass felt his chest tighten and his breath caught in his throat. "W-What?! Doctor, you can't do that! I'm your best robot!" Bass cried.

"You heard me!" Wily snarled as he finished Bass's repairs. "You are to fight Megaman one last time! If you don't come back victorious, then don't come back at all, because you will be deactivated!"