Monster Rancher Fan Fiction ❯ I Never Want to Go Back Home ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I Never Want to Go Back Home
by Cat

I found I like it here, I can be happy, I can truly be free, without anyone to stop me.

Holly, Mochi, Suezo, Tiger, Hare, and Golem. They are all my friends. They all trust me, and mostly put up with me through everything, because my skills can be used here. Back home they weren't even considered skills, an abundance of energy was a bad thing. But here I could fight alongside my monster friends, who were impressed that I was so strong for a human.

Back home my mother worried about me. My teacher yelled at me. They wanted to put me on medication. I didn't like the sound of that, so I threw the bottle of pills back at my mother. She tried so hard to get me to take them, even tried sneaking them in my food, but eventually figured out I would never agree and let the subject drop.

I would not be put in a prison inside a prison inside a prison. The first prison being the city, so far from nature, so crowded and containing. And the prison inside that would be my school, where the teacher tried to contain us all into acting in uniform, learning everything useless that she had in the textbooks. And the third prison would have been my own mind if I had gone on that medication. No -- No matter what, I'll keep my own mind. That's one thing I'll never let them take away.

That's why here I feel free, skating down hills, in the middle of the wilderness. I wouldn't care if I was forced to walk barefoot the entire way! Funny I felt more free in the place where an evil dictator is trying to take over than in a democracy.

There were no prisons here for me. Well, there were, but these were the prisons of Mu, who was a baddie, physical prisons I could escape from. Not the gaping little acknowledged prisons of society. I could get out of these with the help of my friends and my energy. I was stuck in the ones back home for life, escape was practically immpossible.

My friends sometimes think that I act like this is a game, and maybe that's how I really feel? That's not it at all. I know we're inb the middle of a war here, and I'm willing to fight for all of you, but also the freedom I enjoy. The freedom I enjoy by showing my true nature, I guess sometimes makes it seem like I think I'm playing a game.

What I'm doing here feeling right, I feel like I'm useful, I never feel like freak, even when I'm called one. It feels like this is my-

I never want to go back home.