Naruto Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Exploits of Missy Butterfly ❯ Keep Your Ring!... I Have Divorce ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: The story line and my original characters belong to me. The characters Neji, Kakashi, Hinata & Sasuke do not belong to me, but Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto). Also Koga & Shesshomaru do not belong to me, but to Rumiko Takahashi (InuYasha). Shigure & Kagura belongs to Natsuki Takaya (Fruits Basket).



Exploits of Missy Butterfly
#7: Keep Your Ring!... I Have Divorce

I got back home at 12 in the afternoon. My husband wasn’t there, but I can tell he has been here since I left last night because the bed sheets were messed up (and I made it up before I left). But, I suppose he went to work already. What to do, what to do, I’m bored now that I don’t have a job and my husband is never home.

This whole mess is my fault. I started the chain reaction by not coming home on time and now it’s a battle to keep making each other angry on purpose and I wish it would quit.

~That Evening~

I know it’s these kind of things that add fuel to the fire, but I went over to Neji’s house anyway.

“So what do I owe this sudden surprise visit?” he asked when I showed. Boredom. But I didn’t tell him that. “Because I wanted to see you silly!” I said. “Wow, you sound all cheery,” he said. I hugged him, and gave him a long passionate kiss. We sat on the couch and watched TV for awhile, then it got late and I realized he was sleep. “Hey Neji? How about we eat dinner?” I asked. We ate.

Then I was like, “Now time for the dessert!” He said, “Man you move fast. The way you acted, I thought you wanted to relax or something.” “Nah, relaxing isn’t any fun,” I said. Kakashi is that sorta guy too, but relaxing isn’t fun. But neither of them mind when I take charge like that. So anyway, we started with the kissing and ended with the ripping each others clothes off.

~The Next Day~

After another all-nighter, I came back home at 12 or so. My husband had already left for work again. It’s been at least 3 days since I’ve seen my own husband! Now I can tell things are getting bad.

I tried to take my mind off of it by baking my friend Hinata’s cake. I couldn’t think of anything I’d like to experiment with, and my husband took the laptop to work with him so I couldn’t search for any recipes.

Then, I heard my husband come home at 3, 5 hours earlier than he was supposed to. “Hey Missy,” he greeted me groggily. He looked sick, and sounded sick. I directed him to lay down on the couch. “What happened, you got too sick to work?” I asked. “Yeah,” he groaned. “You should’ve stayed home, and not have pushed yourself to work,” I said. “Trust me, it’s okay. You don’t have to worry about me. Did you have any plans?” he asked.

Well, I was planning on going to Shigure’s house but I can’t tell him that. And half of me feels bad for cheating on my husband right under his nose when he’s at home suffering. But…the other half of me doesn’t. Hmm…

“I was going to bake a cake, but I don’t think I’ll do it today,” I said. “I might go to Hinata’s house, or Kagura’s house.” “Oh, okay. You never really cook, that’s rare,” he remarked. When we first got married, I thought after the walking-around-the-house-in-a-maid-dress phase, I would try to cook for him, every meal. We both decided I really, really, suck at cooking and we had enough money for instant food and take-out anyway. “It’s a birthday cake,” I explained. He laid down on the couch and eventually fell asleep. After that I took my purse and left the house and went to Shigure’s.

~That Night~

As I drove over there, I thought about my marriage some more. What kind of wife stays gone for days at a time without talking to or seeing her husband? I haven’t even kissed him at all lately. I haven’t kissed him good-bye, or good-night (although it usually doesn’t end with that) I don’t even welcome him home anymore.

I arrived at Shigure’s house at 3:45 or so. I knocked on the door. “Who is it?” he called. “It’s me, Missy!” I answered. He opened the door. “So, you finally decided to show?” he asked sarcastically. “I’m sorry it took me so long to come over. It’s been forever since I’ve see you last,” I greeted him, smiling. “It wouldn’t be like that if you wouldn’t have stop coming to work,” he playfully scolded me. “Oh yeah, I never did get to tell you I got fired. I have to find another job but, I’m giving myself a little vacation now,” I explained to him. He went into the kitchen, and came out with two bottles of sake. “Time to celebrate!” he announced. “But I was fired!” I laughed. “No, I mean celebrate the beginning of your vacation!” he said. I said, “What, so I can spend more time with you?” I was still laughing, mainly because I was sort of surprised. “I can’t get drunk Shi, I have to drive home,” I retorted. I really didn’t mind, but I guess I was just being stubborn. “C’mon, Missy, it’s time to celebrate freedom together,” he said. He poured us both a glass, and I took one. I’d be a lot happier without my husband, he’d be happier without me, and it took 4 glasses for me to realize that. But after 4 glasses, you start seeing things that aren’t even there so I really didn’t take it seriously.

We were laying in the bed together, under the sheets, with my fifth glass on the night stand. I took a swig of it, then asked him, “Shi, what time is it?” He looked at his watch and said, “A quarter past 1, why?” “Oh, it’s so late, and I’m so fucking drunk, ohh my head hurts. How the hell am I gonna get home?” I asked. “I dunno, stay the night here,” he replied. “Good, because I don’t want to drive,” I said. I got out of bed, staggered over to his closet and tried to find a big shirt to put on. This is the reason I hate getting drunk in the first place: I’m never completely myself again until like a day later.

I sat in the bed after I put on one of his shirts in the closet (which his drunken self didn’t mind). I looked around the room, it was completely messy. Clothes were all on the floor, and some of the bed’s sheets were too, only the comforter was still on the bed.

“Shi, I told you I didn’t want to drink anything,” I groaned, coming closer to him. “But, I never drank with my husband like this Shi.” “So would you leave your husband for me?” he asked. “Look, I don’t know, okay?” I yelled. I laid my head down on the pillow, and said, “I wanna go… to bed. I’m sleepy,” I told him. “Okay, I’m going to the kitchen, be right back,” he said. “Mmm hmm,” I answered, muffled by the pillow.

I really wanna be with Sasuke. That what I was about to say, with my retarded, wasted self. He is probably the best guy I’ve been with in my life. I actually made a mental list: Sasuke, Sesshy, Shi, Koga, Kashi, in that order.

In other words, I really think I don’t want to be with my husband.

To Be Continued . . .

Review please, I love those!