Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Legacy ❯ Surprise!! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone, I'm back!! :]
Well lemme explain the reason for this chapter. Mostly, it's kinda a filler. It's interesting I guess, but it's setting the stage for new mysteries and events that will occur. I hope you all like it.
Please, Read, Enjoy, and Review!!!!
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
:Pairings:
Naru/Kago-this is a definite, that's not getting changed.
Other pairings are under consideration, would you like to give me some help, please? Who should I pair Kakashi, Ino, and Sasuke with? I have ideas for Sasuke and Ino, but none for Kakashi unless it involves OC's and I don't wanna bring them in until I have to. They're hard keeping track of lol. Anywhoo, help would be very much appreciated! XD
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer: Yep, I admit it, I do NOT own Inuyasha OR Naruto.Or Paramore's `Another Day'`sob'
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Returning Legacy of a Hidden Village—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Kagome's Thoughts—
#Naruto's Thoughts#
/Sasuke's Thoughts/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Ages—
 
Team 7, 8, and 10: 15
 
Team Guy: 16
 
Kakashi: 26
 
Guy: 29
 
Kurenai: 23
 
Asuma: 25
 
Jiraiya:43
 
Tsunade:41
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Surprise!!—
 
Last Time:
 
Tsunade stared at him thoughtfully. “You think huh...? Well I'll post ANBU around Naruto's apartment and the Higurashi compound. I want you to keep an eye on Naruto, and to inform Kakashi about this and tell him to keep an eye out for Kagome too, just to make sure nothing happens. Both of you and the ANBU will report if any of the Akatsuki is seen but you are not allowed to interfere until you absolutely have to… if Itachi and his partner want to talk, then they can, if not, then capture them, got it?”
 
Jiraiya mock saluted her. “Yes ma'm, Hokage ma'm!”
 
Tsunade glowered at him, before rolling her eyes at him and plopping back into her chair. It was at that moment Shizune walked in and took in the scene before her, and sighed, rolling her eyes as well at the situation.
 
“I'll find a new desk for you Tsunade-sama” Shizune told her before exiting the room, shaking her head.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Ichiraku Ramen Stand—
 
This Time:
 
Team 7, excluding a certain pink haired kunoichi, stood before the Ichiraku ramen stand.
 
Naruto walked up and pulled back the flap of the stand, holding it open. “Ladies first.” He offered; a teasing twinkle in his eyes as he referred to Kagome.
 
Kagome just grinned as she walked up to him, and cocked her head cutely. “Then why aren't you walking in already?” she teased.
 
Kakashi rolled his eyes at his students. They made him wonder how on earth they could be such successful shinobi.
 
Sasuke snickered lightly as Naruto mock glared at Kagome. Growling lightheartedly he retorted. “Oh just get in there.” And he playfully shoved Kagome in, following after her, but not before tossing a real glare at Sasuke.
 
Sasuke only snorted at him, not taking him seriously. Why should he?
 
Kagome stumbled into the stand, followed by her team, only to be frightened so much that she jumped into a certain blond haired ninja's arms.
 
“SURPRISE!!” various voices chorused out.
 
And surprised she was.
 
Kagome's eyes were wide with shock as her left hand shot over her chest to calm her erratically beating heart while her other arm was quite occupied. “Oh my freakin' Kami!!” she gasped out; taking deep breathes to regulate her breathing.
 
When the shouts were let out Kagome had latched onto Naruto, who out of reflex held her bridal style and was also shocked, but mostly at that she jumped on him.
 
Naruto's arms were snaked under her knees and back, his left hand cupping her shoulder. Kagome's right arm was behind Naruto, wrapped snugly around his torso.
 
Kagome didn't even realize their position, but by the red blush Naruto's cheeks adorned, he certainly did.
 
Kagome scanned over the people in the stand, still hyperventilating. She recognized them as part of Team 8, Team 10, and Team Guy was there along with their sensei, all either laughing, snickering, or grinning at her. [Ino, Shikamaru, Kiba, Neji, TenTen]
 
She furrowed her eyebrows at them, chuckling nervously. “Heheh hey guys… uhh how did you even know I was back?”
 
Ino Yamanaka of team 10 spoke up, eyes lit with amusement. “We-ell I saw Pinky screaming and running, ya know, kinda freaking out. So I grabbed her while she was passing and asked what her deal was. She just kept on rambling on about things like `back in Konoha' and being asked out by a `Kagome'.” Ino gave a knowing smirk. “So I figured for her to be that mental you were definitely back. I told Hinata-chan and TenTen-chan and they told their teammates and here we are… but I'm just a little confused about that other part.” Her tone held curiosity and appreciativeness.
 
Sasuke and Naruto snorted together in laughter. Kakashi rolled his eyes.
 
Kagome laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. “Yeaa I'll tell you about that later… but how did you know we were going to be here?”
 
Kiba answered this time and gestured to Naruto. “Well we all knew you were gonna be with baka over there, so there was no doubt he was gonna drag ya here to eat.” He gave Naruto a wolfish grin at their position, his eyebrows shrugging suggestively.
 
Thankfully Kagome didn't see that.
 
It was Naruto's turn to laugh sheepishly, his blush coming back with a vengeance.
 
Sasuke snickered quietly but Kakashi had narrowed his eyes.
 
Kagome looked around, before looking back at Ino questionably. “Where is Hinata then?”
 
Ino just shrugged. “I dunno, she'll be here soon though.”
 
Kagome nodded.
 
It was at that time Kagome noticed that almost everyone was staring at her with knowing eyes and she finally realized she was being held up by a certain hyperactive knucklehead ninja. A very pink blush formed on her cheeks and with an `eep!' she struggled to get out of Naruto's grasp.
 
Startled at her sudden movements, Naruto accidentally let her go, resulting in her dropping to the ground on her butt with a `thud'.
 
Various laughs filled the stand, both at what just happened and at their blushes.
 
Kagome pinned Naruto with a dark look before she stuck out her hand, gesturing for him to pull her up.
 
Naruto chuckled nervously, a sheepish grin playing on his lips. He grabbed her hand and started to pull her up, but was jerked forward to the ground.
 
He fell down towards Kagome but caught himself before he crushed her. His hands grasped the ground as he hovered over her, trapping her between his arms.
 
As Kagome lay under him, she laughed out; the melodious sound clouding Naruto's mind as he gazed at her, eyes scanning over her features.
 
Once Kagome stopped laughing she noticed Naruto hadn't said anything yet. She looked up at him slowly, and caught his heated gaze. She gazed back, mesmerized by the different shades of blue speckles in the eyes that stared back at her.
 
A stray wind blew into the stand, pushing the flap in and blew onto Kagome's face. A strand of blue black hair covered over her eyes.
 
Unconsciously Naruto leaned to the side as he pulled his right hand over to Kagome's face to push the hair back, tucking it gently behind her ear. Kagome's gaze trailed after his hand as he pulled it back away from her ear; his fingers running through the piece of hair till it slid out of his grasp completely.
 
Their eyes locked, and stared into each others depths for what seemed like eternity.
 
When in reality… it was only less than thirty seconds.
 
Another breeze of air made it's way in as the flap opened to let a person walk through. That person froze in their tracks as soon as they saw the two genin's position.
 
“N-Naruto-kun?!... Ka-Kagome-chan?!” a soft voice stuttered out.
 
The voice snapped the two out of their reverie and their heads jerked to the person who'd spoken. “Hinata-chan?!” they chorused out together in sync.
 
Everyone else in the stand in turn stared at the Hyuga heiress.
 
She blushed a deep red at the attention, looking down to the ground in embarrassment.
 
Surprised, Naruto and Kagome looked back at each other and exchanged embarrassed smiles before the struggled to get up.
 
It was a difficult feat for them of course for Kagome shot up too quickly for Naruto to move out of her way, resulting in her head colliding with his chest before falling back to the ground, dazed.
 
`Ka-thud'
 
The crash surprised Naruto and knocked the air out of him. His arms buckled and he collapsed, right on top of Kagome.
 
`Thud'
 
They both let out a simultaneous `oof' at the impact.
 
Their faces were less than an inch away now, and when Kagome's vision refocused she took note of that. She blushed a beet red.
 
Naruto's mind for another matter was a little preoccupied, the only thing he could even think about was the two soft, warm, somethings pressed against him. Soon enough a goofy grin spread on his face and he got a giddy look as evidence of his train of thought.
 
Snickers echoed among the whole stand as soon as the guys saw his face. Light giggles resonated along with them.
 
Kakashi's had a grin on his face… he knew he would rub off on Naruto one way or another.
 
Kagome immediately notice and recognized the grin and look and she looked down only to realize what he was thinking. Her eyes narrowed at him and they flashed before she summoned all her strength and shoved him off of her. She jumped up, and glared at him.
 
Naruto flipped over and landed on his back, his eyes moving a swirly motion in his daze. “Kagomeeee-chaaan….” He groaned out.
 
Kagome just gave an irritated stare. “Hentai…” she muttered back.
 
And yet again laughs made themselves known.
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes at them. “I thought you guys were hungry? Aren't we going to eat sometime?”
 
Naruto immediately snapped out of it and jumped up, nodding eagerly. He was practically drooling at the mention of eating. “Hell yea!” he cheered.
 
Kiba snickered. “Man control yourself! That's no way to act around the ladies.” He joked.
 
Naruto shrugged, unconcerned. “They're probably used to this by now.” He retorted but couldn't help but sneak a glance over to Kagome. He felt relieved to find that she had an amused look on her face.
 
He grinned at her and went to stand next to her, but stopped at what he saw next.
 
Kagome backed away cautiously, giving him a warning stare.
 
Naruto returned to her a confused one.
 
She shook her head before giving him a pointed stare. “You're spending too much time with Ero-sennin…” she accused, explaining herself.
 
Naruto slowly chuckled nervously in response and backed away.
 
Kagome gave him a satisfied grin before speaking. “Yea you're right,” she agreed. “It ain't as if we all haven't seen him eat before…. Nothing new and plus, who would he be trying to impress anyways?” she questioned curiously.
 
Some… no most of those within the stand gave her blank looks, while the rest glanced at Hinata to watch her reaction.
 
Hinata looked to the ground, embarrassed, and scuffed her feet.
 
Naruto stared at Kagome with an unreadable expression, silent for once.
 
She didn't notice them, oblivious once again. Turning, she made her way to Teuchi and Ayame, the stand owner and his daughter, before looking back at all of them. “Well what are we waiting for then?! I'm starving!” she stated.
 
Naruto grinned, instantly pushing the previous occurrences into the back of his mind as he licked his lips in anticipation. “Me too!” He jogged over to Teuchi. “Hey! Old man?!” he exclaimed with a kind tone.
 
The man looked over to him and smiled. “Hello Naruto!” he greeted. “What can I get you this time?”
 
Naruto looked up in thought. About a minute later he looked back and shrugged. “I dunno… Ya know what; just surprise me with a large of your choice, `kay?”
 
Teuchi nodded. “Got it! Coming right up!” He turned to his daughter and talked for a few seconds.
 
Kagome walked over to them as well and motioned to Teuchi and Ayame. “Teuchi-san! Ayame-chan!” she greeted them.
 
They looked over to her and grinned. “Kagome-chan! Welcome back!” they exclaimed.
 
Kagome grinned back at them. “It's great to be back!”
 
They laughed.
 
“So what do you want to eat?” Teuchi asked kindly.
 
Kagome's eye lit up. “Ohhhh a medium miso pork ramen, please!”
 
Teuchi smiled at her. “No problem, it won't take very long.
 
Kagome nodded. “Fine with me.” She told him.
 
Everyone else ordered what they wanted and they waited for it to be finished.
 
--
 
--10 minutes later--
 
By now everyone sat down either at the bar or at one of the tables.
 
The senseis sat together at one table and talked amongst another.
 
At the bar, from one end to the other the seats were filled. Starting from the left sat TenTen, Neji, Hinata, Sasuke, Kagome, Naruto, Kiba, Ino, and Shikamaru.
 
They all had their orders in front of them, and some of them already started eating save for Kagome and Naruto who just got their orders at that moment.
 
They were about to dig in but a faint noise paused Naruto.
 
`And do you ever want me?
Do you ever need me?
I know that you left before goodbye
And it's okay, there's always another day
 
Everyone stared at Kagome who continued to eat as if nothing happened. She slowly stopped as she noticed the looks. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “What?”
 
Ino gave her a flat look. “Uhhh you're ringing.”
 
And any time you want me
Any time you see me
I don't think you meant to say goodbye
But it's okay, there's always another day'
 
Kagome cocked her head, and laughed sheepishly. “Oh!” she dug her hand in her pocket and pulled out her cell phone and look at the caller ID. It was Souta.
 
Flipping it open she put it to her ear. “Hey sweetie!! How's it going!! Miss me already?!” she teased, a small smile on her face.
 
Naruto stiffened hearing that. #Sweetie?! Who is that?!# He looked over at Sasuke and gave him a meaningful look. `Who is that?' he tried to relay to him.
 
Sasuke just gave him a `How the hell would I know?' look and shrugged at him.
 
Kagome started laughing, and they turned back to look at her. “…Awhh I miss you too sweetie. Uh huh… yep… oh, oh! Tell them I miss them too!! I'll send postcards, don't worry. I'm not gonna leave you guys hanging with no contact what so ever. And you can write me any time… I might not be able to pick up the phone every time when you call though… I can't take it on missions or anything ya know. Okie dokie, I'll talk to ya later! Bye Souta-kun!” She flipped the phone shut and shoved it back into her pocket.
 
Everybody stared at her, expecting to tell who it was.
 
Kagome saw the stares. “What?! Something on my face?!”
 
Ino shook her head and laughed. “No silly, so was that your boyfriend on the phone? You sound pretty close.”
 
Sasuke smirked. “Kagsy-chan… is there something you didn't tell us that happened while you were gone…?” he prompted suggestively.
 
Kiba grinned at her too. “Yeaa! You shoulda heard the way you sounded. `Hey sweetie!! Do ya miss mee?!'” he mimicked in a high pitched and horrible impression.
 
Naruto just stared at Kagome intently, a bit a jealousy leaking in his eyes.
 
Kiba continued on. “Hahahah and you shoulda seen Naruto's face when you answered like that! Priceless man!! He turned all red and looked like he was gonna kill something!! Hahaha!!”
 
Kagome's head whipped to Naruto, her eyebrows drew together as she peered at him curiously. “Uhhm what for??” she asked apprehensively.
 
Naruto's face turned red and he got nervous. “Wha-what?! Ohhh uhmm nothing.. nothing at all… my uhhh.” He stammered. He looked at his ramen, and an idea popped in his head. “ Oh yea! Uh it was my order of ramen… they put something spicy in it and I didn't expect it!”
 
His ramen hadn't even been touched.
 
He scratched his head nervously as he chuckled, and he sweat dropped at the lame excuse. His eyes closed as he silently prayed that she believed him.
 
Kagome studied him suspiciously while almost all the guys and girls snickered at him.
 
“Uh huh sureee…” she trailed off before shrugging. “Whatever, do you wanna trade?” She offered him nicely, gesturing to her bowl.
 
His eyebrows shot up and his eyes bugged open. “What?! No no! It's fine…, it just freaked me out when it was spicy but you don't have to do that heheh…” he trailed off, his tone antsy.
 
Kagome shrugged and turned back to her ramen.
 
Naruto sighed in relief, his shoulders drooping as he relaxed.
 
Meanwhile Kiba, Sasuke Neji and Shikamaru snickered at him. Ino and Ten-Ten smirked knowingly at him.
 
Naruto grumbled at them, but started to eat his ramen, the delicious taste sliding down his throat as he forwent chewing.
 
--
 
Once they were done Naruto patted his stomach and sighed in content.
 
They all rolled their eyes at him. Hinata giggled softly at him.
 
Kagome was smiling at him, before a stray thought popped into her head. “Hey…” she said, trying to get Naruto's attention.
 
She succeeded, as he and everyone else turned to her.
 
“Yea..?” Naruto told her.
 
Kagome's eyebrows were furrowed in though, and she looked up at him. “You know…you never told me how you knew it was me on the roof. How did you?” Kagome inquired.
 
Naruto chuckled “Oh, ya said the exact same thing ya said to Sasuke when he asked who you were earlier, to me the first day we met. It just kinda clicked
 
Kagome got a surprised look. “Whoa I did… wow that was a long time ago… you still remembered it?”
 
Naruto shrugged, grinning. “How could I not?! That day was pretty unforgettable, lemme tell ya!”
 
Kagome laughed. “Yeaa… you're right about that.”
 
Kakashi all of a sudden was behind Kagome. “That reminds me,” he started out.
 
Kagome and Naruto jumped, and turned around quickly in their seats. “Holy crap Kakashi-sensei!” Naruto shouted out in shock.
 
“Don't do that!” Kagome exclaimed.
 
Kakashi stared at them flatly. “And you two are supposed to be ninjas…” he trailed, shaking his head amusedly.
 
They narrowed their eyes at him as the other genin and sensei snickered and laughed.
 
Kakashi continued. ”Anyways, that reminded me.” He repeated. “I need to see where your level is Kagome-chan since I never was able to test you before you left. I need to see if you should stay on the team.”
 
Kagome nodded, `hmm'ing her agreement. A thought crossed her mind. “Ok fine, but only on one condition.”
 
Kakashi cocked an eyebrow at her before motioning her to continue.
 
Kagome smirked. “You can test me…. but only if I get to fight…” She paused for dramatic effect, heightening everyone's curiosity. “Sasuke-kun…”
 
Sasuke smirked back at her, his eyes lit with anticipation.
 
Naruto gaped at her and was about to argue but Kakashi cut him off.
 
Kakashi nodded his agreement, his eyes thoughtful. “Hmm that would be alright-“
 
Kagome cut him as well, holding up her hand to stop him, her eyes sparkling with excitement as her smirk became more pronounced. “And Naruto-kun.”
 
Kakashi's one visible eye widened, Sasuke's smirk grew bigger, and Naruto basically bugged out.
 
He jumped out of his seat and turned to Kagome. “What?!? Nuh uh, no way!” he roared at her, shocked.
 
Kagome's head snapped up to him and her eyes narrowed at him. “Excuse me?” she told him stiffly.
 
Naruto ignored her tone. “No! There's no way you're fighting Sasuke-teme, and especially not both of us.”
 
Kagome's eye ticked. “And why is that?” she asked sweetly.
 
Sasuke recognized that tone and he edged away from her, but smirked smugly at the grave Naruto was digging.
 
Naruto gaped at her. “Why?! Because you've been gone for three years! We have three years of experience on you. You fight us and you won`t be able to pass the test and stay on the team!” he told her worriedly.
 
Kagome leaned closer to him, her tone low and dangerous. “Do not underestimate me Naruto-kun. You're right though, it has been three years…” she trailed off, feigning her consent to not fight with them.
 
Naruto relaxed.
 
But…” Kagome interrupted his relieved posture, and Naruto grew tense again. “You haven't been through what I have the last few years, so you're not exactly in a great position to claim that you're stronger than me.”
 
Naruto became nervous, and he threw his hands up and waved them around, “What?! No! I didn't mean it like that Kaggy-chan! I just meant that Sasuke-teme and I had time to train a lot, but since you were on a mission you probably didn't get that chance!”
 
Kagome let down her guard and relaxed, before she slapped him against the shoulder.
 
“Hey! What was that for?!” he asked her.
 
Kagome looked at him, irritated. “I told you not to call Sasuke that!”
 
Naruto pouted at her, sulking. “Fine!” he muttered. A spark of defiance emitted from his eyes. “We'll fight I guess…” he told her reluctantly. “But I ain't gonna like it.”
 
Kagome grinned at him and patted his shoulder with mock sympathy. “That's ok… you won't have to. Besides… this is payback for you two fighting.”
 
He pouted even more so at that.
 
Sasuke spoke up, a big grin of excitement spread out on his face. “So, when are we gonna do this?” he demanded.
 
“And can we watch?!” Ino butted in, also excited.
 
In the background Kiba was talking to Shikamaru and Neji. “Five bucks says she kicks their asses to Suna and back!” he goaded.
 
Neji nodded, smirking. “I'm not betting against her… I believe she can beat them as well.”
 
Shikamaru sighed. “Ughh this is so troublesome… whatever you're on, I highly doubt she can beat both of them.”
 
Kiba shrugged, grinning victoriously as if he already won the bet. “Keh, your loss.”
 
Kagome smirked as she heard that, while Naruto scowled at Kiba and Neji and Sasuke's own smirk faltered. “Yea! Course you guys can watch!” She turned to Sasuke and Naruto. “And what about now Sasuke? Naruto?”
 
Sasuke's smirk came back full force. “Fine with me.”
 
Naruto grumbled unhappily. “Okay I guess.”
 
Kagome jumped up and punched the air enthusiastically. “Let's go!” she cheered before shoving her hand in her pocket and slapping money to pay for her ramen and a tip.
 
They all cheered with her. After paying for their meals they started to walk out when Kagome stumbled a little and paused.
 
They turned to see what the hold up was.
 
Kagome stared at them, a weird look in her eyes. “Crap…” she muttered. “Uhmmm, we might hafta postpone that test…” was all she mumbled before her eyes rolled up and she started falling to the ground in exhaustion.
 
“Kagome!” they all exclaimed in horror.
 
Quickly, Kakashi ran up to her and caught her before she hit the ground, slipping his arms under hers.
 
Naruto and Sasuke scrambled over to her and stared at her in shock at what happened next. Her image shimmered, coinciding with another one that apparently revealed her actual features. Their eyes roved along her intently as they took in things that were hidden to them.
 
Her eyes were sunken in and bruised underneath, indicating that she hadn't received a much needed rest for a while. Small, barely noticeable but healing scars that were fading away, adorned her cheeks. Her eyebrows were drawn together in a tired but stressed fashion as her lips trembled slightly with exhaustion.
 
“Her chakra reserves have been depleted completely and from the looks of it she hasn't been sleeping well… most likely from traveling by herself.”
 
Naruto and Sasuke looked up at Kakashi, who had spoken. Like them, he was examining Kagome with concerned eyes. “She must have exerted herself extensively, pushing herself to the limit, and the rogue ninjas she apparently crossed probably didn't help.” He told them with a bitter tone, his eyes were on the couple of bandages wrapped around her left fore arm and right calf that weren't there before.
 
Kakashi looked up at his students with a serious look in his eyes.
 
“She used an illusion to hide this from us…” Sasuke muttered as he stared at Kagome. “I'm surprised she didn't pass out sooner if what you said is true. I guess she was running on sheer determination and strong will.” His tone was disapproving.
 
Naruto stared at Kagome, his mouth set at a tight line, before reaching over to brush her bangs from her eyes. His hand lingered on her face as they traced the small scars. “Baka Kagome…” he muttered to her angrily, unhappy with her for being so careless and hiding this from them.
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes at Naruto. “It's no different from you dobe.”
 
Naruto glowered at him. “Shut it teme!” he growled at him.
 
As if she heard him, Kagome's hand unconsciously levitated up and slapped his forearm softly. “Naruto…” she whispered at softly, her tone was caring but reprimanding. She rubbed against the hand against her cheek affectionately.
 
Naruto stared at her in a incredulous stupor as Sasuke snickered at him. “B-but Kagome-chan...! Sasuke called me a dobe first!” he mumbled out in a whining tone.
 
Sasuke snorted in amusement. “Hah, not even awake and she still only gets you for calling names.”
 
Naruto glared at him, before pouting at Kagome. “That's so not fair…” he muttered out, before smiling softly at Kagome.
 
Kakashi chuckled at them. “Well I guess we'll test her later, after she's well rested.” He told everyone. “For now, let's get her back to her compound so she can get some sleep.”
 
Every nodded their agreement.
 
Kakashi looked over to Sasuke and Naruto. “Coming?”
 
They shared a glance and nodded readily. “Of course.” They told him at the same time.
 
Kakashi nodded and lifted Kagome up to carry her bridal style and Naruto removed his hand from her cheek. They made their way to the exit.
 
“Wait!” a feminine voice called out, pausing the four in their tracks. They turned around.
 
It was Kurenai who called out to them. “I'll come with you guys.” She told them as her heels clicked with each step she took.
 
At that they furrowed their eyebrows in curiosity and confusion. “Why?” Sasuke prompted.
 
Kurenai rolled her dark red eyes at them. “Well you can't exactly let her sleep in the clothes she's wearing and I doubt she'll appreciate any of you three changing her.
 
She got them there.
 
Naruto and Sasuke blushed… they didn't think of that.
 
You couldn't see Kakashi blush but you knew he was by the way he looked down in embarrassment… even he didn't realize that crucial piece of information either.
 
Kurenai chuckled.
 
Asuma took a drag of his cigarette before speaking up. “Ino, why don't you go with them and give Kurenai a helping hand. You're friends with Higurashi-san right?”
 
Ino nodded. “Yea, that I am. I'll go, anything to help Kagome-chan!” She walked up with them.
 
They shared their farewells and walked out of the shop.
 
Only to meet up with a certain sannin. “Jiraiya-sensei!” Naruto blurted out in surprise.
 
Jiraiya looked at him and chuckled. “Hey kid!” He glanced over at Kakashi and his eyebrows shot up. “What's wrong with her?” he demanded, his tone concerned.
 
Kurenai answered. “She's just exhausted.”
 
Jiraiya turned to her, and he didn't leer at Kurenai for once. “But the scratches and bandages, they weren't there earlier.”
 
“Kagome-chan hid them from us with an illusion.” Naruto mutter bitterly.
 
Realization flooded Jiraiya's eyes. He shook his head. “That girl…” he mumbled incoherent things about her `proud' behavior and trying to make everyone worry about her.
 
“We were just about to take her back to her compound.” Sasuke informed him.
 
Jiraiya looked thoughtful, and nodded his approval. “Okay, I'll get Tsunade-hime to stop by and check on her later. Right now I need to talk to you Kakashi-kun.” His eyes got a serious glint in them. “It's important.”
 
Kakashi stared at him, before his gaze dropped to Kagome. He sighed, but reluctantly agreed. “Fine… who wants to carry her?” Kakashi asked.
 
“I'll do it.” Naruto and Sasuke offered. They both glared at each other.
 
Stopping the argument that she just knew was about to occur, Kurenai interrupted them. “No, I'll carry her. Give her to me Kakashi-kun.”
 
Sasuke scowled while Naruto pouted.
 
Kakashi chuckled at them. “Here you go Kurenai-chan.” His eye was crinkled in amusement as he handed Kagome over to her.
 
Kakashi pulled out an orange book when Kagome was out of his hands, and he walked over to Jiraiya, before looking up at him lazily. “Let's go.”
 
Jiraiya nodded and looked to the others. “Ok guys, we'll see you later. We'll be over in a bit and I'll bring the Hokage with us.”
 
And with that they parted in separate directions, Kurenai and them going to Kagome's while Jiraiya updated Kakashi with the news.
 
--
 
Naruto and Sasuke led Kurenai and Ino to Kagome's complex; all the while Naruto was making shifty eyes that went from Kagome to staring out in front of him to ensure he didn't trip, Sasuke scowling at Naruto, Kurenai rolling her eyes at them, exasperated, and Ino giggling at all three of them.
 
Ino was next to Kurenai when she heard the jonin mumble something in a sympathetic tone to Kagome. “I feel so bad for you Kagome-chan… I don't know how you can stay friends with both of these idiots and still retain your sanity.”
 
Ino erupted in a fit of quiet snickers, but Naruto and Sasuke still heard her as their heads whipped towards her, suspicious.
 
That didn't help.
 
Ino snickered more loudly and when she calmed down she regarded Kurenai with eyes filled to the rim with laughter. “Kurenai-sensei Kagome is real tolerant and non-judgmental and all but she is faaaarrr from sane…”
 
Kurenai looked at her in confusion. ”But she acts like an angel, and is so helpful to everyone…” she trailed off, uncertainly.
 
Naruto and Sasuke snorted at that. “Angel? More like the devil's incarnate…” Naruto muttered.
 
Sasuke agreed with him. “Hn.”
 
They loved her and all but Kami can she just be pure evil.
 
Kurenai stared at them as if they were crazy. “So you're saying it's just all an act? She fakes it?”
 
Ino's eyes widened and she corrected the sensei quickly. “No! Oh nooo not at all. That's Kagome all right, but only when you're on her good side. When you're on her bad side though, or at the end of her tricks…” Ino shuddered. “Bad news.” She warned the sensei with a serious tone.
 
Kurenai raised a delicate eyebrow, looking at her skeptically. “She can't be that bad.”
 
Ino gave her a flat look. “She just came back today and already she got Sakura to run, twitch, scream, and mumble to her self like a loony needing to be put in a mental institution.” Her tone left no room for joking.
 
Kurenai blinked at her in surprise and her stare dropped down to look at Kagome in wonder. “Anko would love her.”
 
Naruto and Sasuke choked, wide-eyed at the mention of who they thought was `the devil herself'.
 
Ino laughed at them. “She already does.” She informed Kurenai.
 
Naruto and Sasuke shuddered as memories of Anko resurfaced after long years of being buried deep in their minds.
 
Now that was a meeting to remember, and one they would regret for every living day in their lives. I mean seriously… who else would inform Kagome on how she could use her Seishigan to mess with others mind to make them think they were in love with their friend/rival-who was also the same gender- whenever they did something bad?
 
A truly evil, plotting, sneaky, sadistic, sinister, mental woman named Anko, that's who.
 
But back to the situation at hand.
 
They had finally arrived at the gates of the Higurashi compound. Walls barricaded everything and anything unwelcome from the compound and were three things; tall, stony and thick. The gates itself were much the same, except they were made of metal-enforced wood. They sweatdropped at what they saw next.
 
A huge, metal padlock hung askew on the gates. It was so big that it was larger than their own hands.
 
Naruto started to poke the lock in wonder… “Why would they need something so big?”
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes. “Bigger lock means room for more complex dealings. It makes it harder for lock pickers to break in.”
 
Naruto's hands left the lock alone. “Oh…” he muttered.
 
A thought clicked into Ino's head. “Uhhmmm…” she sounded out, uncertainly. “Does anybody happen to have a key?” Ino asked them.
 
They looked at each other, and sweat dropped again. “No…” they all muttered despondently.
 
Kurenai sighed. “How are we going to get in there then? We don't know what's on the other side of these walls, and I doubt Kagome would leave here without having some kind of protection here against trespassers and thieves.”
 
Sasuke and Naruto grimaced at the thought.
 
“Maybe she has a key in her pocket?” Ino suggested.
 
Kurenai blinked, and nodded. “Maybe…” she agreed. She shifted Kagome so she could support her with one arm, and she slipped her hands into Kagome's pockets and dug around.
 
After she was done she came out with nothing. The only things Kagome was carrying in her pockets were her cell phone and some weapons.
 
They sighed. “What do we do now?” Naruto asks.
 
Sasuke narrowed his eyes in thought. “Did she carry a bag with her?”
 
Naruto shook his head. “No, I don't think so… she didn't have one when we first met up with her.”
 
Ino looked at them in confusion. “No, she had to have a bag… There's no way she traveled without one, she had to carry her things somehow.”
 
Kurenai shook her head. “Not if she didn't carry anything with her. She could have foraged or hunted for food, carried her clothes in a cloth, and burned the ones she previously worn after she was done with them.”
 
Sasuke spoke up. “Doesn't she keep a spare? Surely she would have one hidden around here somewhere since with her luck she's bond to lose one every now and then.”
 
Naruto nodded. “Yea, I think I remember her mentioning one back before she left… but I'm not sure where it could be, any ideas?”
 
Kurenai shook her head. “Could be anywhere with the way her mind works.”
 
Something clicked in Naruto's mind. A younger Kagome's voice filled his head as he remembered this one time Kagome showed him her complex and she lost her key.
 
`Oh crud Naru-kun… I left my key somewhere… well good thing I always keep a spare right under the gate heheh it's the one place people wouldn't look for cause it's so obvious!'
 
Naruto looked at Kurenai. “No…” he muttered. “I think she hides it under the gate…”
 
Ino stared at him. “Under the gate? But that's-“
 
“Genius.” Sasuke interrupted. “She's so creative with her pranks that a thief would think she would pick a cleverer place to hide her spare, and would never think she would pick the most obvious place.”
 
Kurenai just shrugged. “Whatever. Ino can you go check?”
 
She nodded. “Sure…” she walked over to the gate and crouched. She stuck her hand underneath and felt around. Her eyes widened and she pulled back her hand. In her hand laid a heavy gold key.
 
She looked over to Naruto, surprised. “You're right…”
 
Kurenai nodded. “Well let's open up the gate and get her to bed then.”
 
Ino consented and stood up. She reached for the lock to grasp it but felt a shock reverberate though her. She stumbled back, stunned. “What the hell?!” she shouted.
 
Kurenai shifted Kagome gingerly before she ran up behind Ino briskly. “What happened Ino?” she asked her, concerned.
 
Ino turned around, pinning wide eyes at the jonin. “It shocked me…” she muttered, her tone appalled.
 
Kurenai frowned, her eyebrows drawn together in confusion.. “How…? That's not possible…”
 
Naruto snorted. “This is Kagome we're talking about, anything is possible.”
 
Sasuke agreed. “Also, Kagome comes from a clan of elemental wielders; of course they would use something like this to protect their home.”
 
Ino stared at Naruto, confused. “But you were able to touch it.” She reminded him.
 
Naruto's own eye's widened. “Oh yea, I did…” he muttered to himself, scratching the back of his head, puzzled.
 
Kurenai studied Naruto. “Give the key to Naruto.” She told Ino.
 
Naruto's eyes bugged out. “What?! Why?!” he exclaimed.
 
Kurenai rolled her eyes at him. “Just have a go at it, if you were able to touch it before then you should be able to at least open it.” She informed him.
 
Naruto blinked. “Oh…” he mumbled before shrugging, unconcerned. “Ok! I'll do it!” he exclaimed.
 
Ino tossed the key to him, and Naruto caught it before walking over to the lock.
 
Everybody leaned in closely, watching intensely.
 
Naruto reached for the lock padlock slowly, taking his sweet time for dramatic effect.
 
Rolling his eyes in a exasperated manner Sasuke strode over to his blond teammate and smacked him over the head. “Stop being an idiot and open the damn thing already.”
 
Naruto whipped his head to glare at Sasuke. “Asshole…” he muttered dejectedly before gripping the lock and shoving the key in.
 
He didn't get shocked.
 
Kurenai and Ino let out a sigh of relief.
 
Naruto turned the key and unlocked the gates, before removing the lock and pushing back the gates; a loud creaking sound emitting as a result, the sound resonating through the air creepily.
 
As the gates parted, the four ninjas were put on guard as they walked through, Kagome still out like a rock in Kurenai's small, yet strong arms. What was revealed to them made them stare in wonder.
 
Ino whistled in awe.
 
The area was big… spacious… freaking gargantuan.
 
Small, quaint mini manors were visibly situated in the very far corners and a trail of stone steps led up to the doors.
 
In the middle was akin to a mini forest, with thick, lush bushes and many very tall trees. Their leaves hung low and were so dense and thick that it was impossible to depict what lay behind the vegetation. Another stony trail led through the small forest, parting it in half.
 
Kurenai peered over to Naruto curiously. “You've been here before, am I right?”
 
Naruto glanced over to her and nodded. “Yea, me and Sasuke used to come here all the time and train with Kag-chan before she left.”
 
Kurenai nodded her head once before gazing around at the vast surroundings. She spoke without turning to him. “You know where to go then… which way?”
 
Naruto jerked his head to the trail leading into the forest. “Just follow that and we'll be there in no time.”
 
Ino stared through the jungle waiting ahead of her. She fidgeted uncomfortably. “Through there?!?” she mumbled.
 
Sasuke nodded. “Yes, but there's no danger.” He placated her, reading her mind.
 
Ino cocked a blond eyebrow his way. “But the lock…” she reminded him.
 
Sasuke shook his head. “I think Kagome set her defenses to recognize certain people, obviously Naruto… and I'm assuming me along with Kakashi-sensei, Jiraiya-sama, and Tsunade-sama too since we used to come here regularly. If there is anything in the forest, as long as we're here it won't confront us.”
 
Kurenai hummed her agreement. “That may be true… and I doubt the attacks would be life threatening anyways.”
 
Naruto snickered softly.
 
Sasuke grimaced. “You don't know Kagome…” /She wouldn't kill you, but she'd trap you and make you wish she would./
 
Kurenai narrowed her eyes and glanced down to study the girl in her arms suspiciously.
 
“C'mon guys, whatta we waiting for?!” Naruto exclaimed impatiently. By now he was already at the edge of the forest.
 
Sasuke just rolled his eyes. “Hn.” He walked over to him, Ino following after hesitating for a moment.
 
Kurenai was still staring down at Kagome, before sighing. “You are just full of curious mysteries and yet you're only fifteen.” She muttered to herself.
 
Kagome just shifted in response, mumbling incoherent things.
 
Kurenai took her gaze of her, and studied the surrounds once more before striding over to the three genin.
 
When she arrived, they continued on walking, entering into the forest and disappearing in the shadows.
 
--
 
The walk to Kagome's home was uneventful. Against their predictions, nothing unusual happened.
 
Soon enough the trees and bushes ended, and at the end of the trail revealed a captivating, immense, two story manor. It was a deep blue, with a dark red trim. Intricate vine designs were carved into the paneling of the windows and doors.
 
But it was clear that it hadn't been maintained for a while. Actual vines shot out and attached to the walls of the manor. The delicate rose bushes against the manor were overflowing, weeds popping up here and there. Piles of leaves lay on the ground unattended to. The blades of grass grew long, up to five inches. All the windows were shut and covered over, a film of dust splayed on it.
 
Ino bit her lip. “Yikes, she has a lot of work to do with this…”
 
They nodded their agreement.
 
“We can ask to help her out with her spring cleaning when she wakes up.” Sasuke suggested.
 
Naruto nodded. “Yea, that's a good idea.”
 
Ino put her finger to her lips in thought. “Why don't we just do it while she's resting up?”
 
A male voice sounded out. “Because she's already annoyed at them two for fighting, if she finds out that they did that themselves, she'll get even more annoyed they didn't wait until she woke up to try to convince them to let her do it herself, or at least help them out, which means when she fights them, she's going to teach them an even harder lesson.”
 
The three looked up to the manor to see the person who spoke lean against the door. “Kakashi-sensei!” They chorused out.
 
“Yo.” Kakashi greeted them, waving his hand.
 
Kurenai nodded over to Kakashi. “Kakashi-kun.” She greeted.
 
Kakashi nodded back. “Kurenai-chan.”
 
“Awhh what about us?” and older man's voice asked behind them.
 
Kurenai rolled her eyes but turned to greet the others as well. “Greetings Jiraiya-sama, Tsunade-sama.” She bowed her head at the Hokage.
 
Jiraiya walked out of the forest grinning, with Tsunade shaking her head at him. She gave a smile to Kurenai. “Hello Kurenai-san.” When her eyes reached Kagome she narrowed them.
 
“Let's get her inside and in bed so I can check up on her.” She ordered, as she walked up to where Kakashi was standing.
 
Kakashi rose while she was approaching, and pulled out something from his hand; a small gold key. He took it and unlocked the door, before opening it up for the Hokage.
 
Ino narrowed her eyes. “How do you have a key to Kagome-chan's home?” she asked, curious.
 
Kakashi blinked before glancing at the girl. “Oh, this?” he held up the key before continuing. “Kagome gave me this when she was younger; I took care of her after her father died.”
 
Ino's eyebrows shot up. “Oh… her father died?”
 
Sasuke lifted an obsidian eyebrow at her. “Why else would this place be deserted?”
 
Ino blushed in embarrassment, “I don't know… I just never really thought about it… but how…? Was it during a battle or something?”
 
Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Kakashi all stiffened, their eyes darkening and turned cold.
 
“Or something.” Tsunade bit out stiffly, before stalking into the manor.
 
Her eye's widened, along with Naruto's, Sasuke's, and Kurenai's. Jiraiya grimaced and followed after Tsunade into the manor.
 
Kakashi spoke softly, a somber look in his eyes. “Higurashi-sama's death was a difficult one for the Hokage.” He explained.
 
Ino furrowed her eyebrows. “But it was Kagome-chan's father.” She reasoned, not completely comprehending the situation.
 
Kakashi sent her a serious look, his eye guarded and mysterious. “Exactly. It was an even more difficult one for Kagome-chan herself.” And with that he went in.
 
The three fifteen year olds stared after him in wonder as Kurenai followed after him with a look of piqued interest.
 
“Oi! You three just gonna stand there all day, or what?!” Tsunade's voice reverberated from inside the manor.
 
As if they were shocked with electricity, the three scrambled into Kagome's manor as the Hokage ordered them to.
 
--
 
After Tsunade checked Kagome's condition and healed all her wounds, Tsunade was in a better mood and Kagome was changed into some sleeping clothes that were salvaged in her room that happened to still fit; a black sleeping shirt that hugged her skin that used to be much looser earlier on, and purple pajama pants that had red pinstripes running top to bottom that were now pj capri's on Kagome.
 
“Oh hey! I found her bag!” Ino's voice rang from downstairs.
 
Kurenai and Tsunade blinked at each other. “Uhm just bring it up here Ino!” Kurenai shouted out.
 
The sound of thudding feet was heard and the shoji door to Kagome's room was slid open. Ino walked through before she closed it again. She looked around. “I still can't get over how awesome this room is…” she muttered to herself. She placed the bag to the side by the door.
 
The room's walls were a midnight blue with silver trim. Her closet, dressers, bookcase, and bed paneling was silver. Everything else was midnight blue, her comforter, most of her pillows, and her rug. The head board of her bed was sinuous wiry design of vines. On her wall were murals of a kind. On her ceiling was a crescent moon and stars in silver. On the walls were silver vines, thorns striking out here, and winding from one wall to the next until it met on the one wall that Kagome would face if she sat up in her bed in looked forward. On that wall was a distinct mural of two roses twined together in their actual colors. A metallic white and red rose, the vines connecting them turned a metallic green when it reached that one wall.
 
Her bookcase was filled with both books and scrolls. On the wall above a medium sized dresser was a mirror hung above. On it were pictures taped on the edges.
 
Tsunade chuckled at Ino. “Yea, it's really something isn't it?”
 
“Definitely…” Ino breathed out in awe.
 
Tsunade smirked. “Kagome, her father, and her mother did it together a long time ago.”
 
Kurenai's eyes shot up. “Really now?”
 
Tsunade nodded.
 
“Hey! Can we come in yet?!?” an impatient voice exclaimed from behind the shoji door.
 
Tsunade rolled her eyes. “Sure brat, we're done with her.”
 
Naruto slid it open in went through, scowling at Tsunade, with Sasuke, Kakashi and Jiraiya following him.
 
Tsunade scowled back at all four of them. “Ok what is this? A conference room? No, it's a bedroom with a healing patient… who needs rest and quiet to do it in. Three at a time and that's that. Kurenai-chan, Ino-chan, let's go.”
 
She strode over to the doors and walked between two of the guys, coincidentally Naruto and Jiraiya who were standing next to each other. On her way out, she pulled Jiraiya out with her. “Let's go, we need to talk anyways.”
 
“B-b-but I wanted to see Kagome-chan!” Jiraiya whined as he was pulled out of the room.
 
Tsunade's response was heard as they went departed. “Oh suck it up, you can see her after those three are finished. “
 
Naruto snickered, and Sasuke snorted. Kakashi shook is head. Naruto stopped snickering and looked around the room. “Whoa, it's been a while, huh Sasuke-teme?”
 
Sasuke narrowed his eyes at him, but agreed. “Yes, dobe, I know.”
 
Naruto glanced over to Kagome. “Hey Kakashi-sensei, how long will it be until Kag-chan wakes up?”
 
Kakashi shrugged. “Tsunade-sama said it'll be a couple days at the least.”
 
Naruto nodded and walked over to Kagome's bed, before sitting on it. The dark blue comforter crinkled as he sat on it, the bed shifting. Kagome didn't make a sound nonetheless.
 
Naruto studied Kagome, his eyes intense as they roved over her face gently. “She looks so peaceful…”
 
Sasuke stared at him. “She's sleeping…” he told him blankly.
 
Naruto's eye twitched. “I know that… it's just… I dunno. Why the hell would she hide that from us?!” he ranted, changing what he was going to say.
 
Kakashi sighed. “She didn't want to worry us, like always.”
 
“But that's stupid!” Naruto argued.
 
Sasuke snorted. “She's a kunoichi. What else is she going to do? Tell us every time she has a boo-boo? Be serious dobe, this is who she is, her attitude, and it isn't going to change. She's not a delicate little glass figurine; she's someone who knows how to fight and someone who knows how to lose.” His gaze traveled to Kagome, and it softened. “No matter how much we try to argue with her.”
 
Naruto sighed, relenting. “Yea… I guess you got a point.” Naruto's gaze dropped to her hand that lay on the comforter, gripping the blanket. Naruto slipped his hand and gripped it softly, rubbing the top of it soothingly with his thumb.
 
Sasuke sighed at him suddenly. “That reminds me, are you ever going to grow some balls and ask her out anytime soon?”
 
Naruto and Kakashi both choked and their heads swerved over to him and gaped at the audacity of his words. “What?!” Naruto roared.
 
“Ughhhhhh…”
 
Kagome's groan sounded out through the room, and all three heads snapped to her.
 
She didn't wake up just yet.
 
Sasuke glared at Naruto. “Great job dobe.” He snapped.
 
Naruto glared back. “Shove it teme.”
 
Kakashi scowled at the two. “Stop it. C'mon let's go. If Tsunade finds out you're yelling around here she'll rip our heads off... or at least punch us to the ground until the hole she makes is big enough for our graves.”
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes. “Whatever…” and he strode out of the room.
 
Kakashi went to follow but paused when he saw Naruto not moving. He studied him, before continuing.
 
Naruto stayed on the bed, watching Kagome. “I'm glad you're back Kag-chan,” he whispered to her softly. “Hope you wake up soon... we got a lot of catching up to do…” and with a soft squeeze to her hand Naruto rose, and walked out of the room, closing the shoji doors softly.
 
Right as the door closed an adoring whisper sounded out. “Nar…ruto…”
 
--
 
Two days had passed and still no sign of Kagome waking up.
 
In the last couple of days Kagome had regular visitors attending to her; Tsunade, Jiraiya, Sasuke, Ino, and of course Naruto.
 
Kakashi had taken upon himself to staying at the main Higurashi manor to keep watch over Kagome.
 
Tsunade came at regular intervals to check up on her progress; morning, afternoon, and night. Jiraiya usually tagged along with her, or came on his own accord.
 
Sasuke and Naruto usually buddied up and came together as well, Ino sometimes deciding to come with them.
 
Now, on a bright and sunny morning as light shined through Kagome's window and onto her face, eyelids parted to reveal sleep ridden sapphire eyes.
 
Kagome sat up and stretched, yawning as she did so. She blinked slowly as she took in the surroundings of her room. “Whoa ok… this is weird…” she mumbled to herself, not all there just yet.
 
A low throaty chuckle sounded, jolting Kagome into the world of awakening.
 
“Kakashi-kun!” she exclaimed. She threw back her covers and climbed out of bed and ran towards him, crashing into him in a hug.
 
“Whoa there Gome-chan, calm down, are you sure you should even be up yet?” Kakashi asked her worriedly.
 
Kagome nodded hurriedly, before pausing uncertainly. Her vision suddenly went dizzy and she shut her eyes tightly to rid of the feeling. Kagome breathed in deeply and winced.
 
“Kagome?!” Kakashi's concerned voice knocked her out of her thoughts.
 
She opened her eyes and looked up at him. “I'm fine… just a little dizzy, but that's to be expected ne?”
 
“Well then lay ba-“ Kagome cut him off.
 
“No.” Kagome shook her head. “I smell…” she stated bluntly, “How long have I been out?” she peered up to him, curious.
 
“Two days.”
 
Kagome blinked and grimaced. “Oh… then I'm gonna shower. And then eat, cause I'm starving. Have you been staying here?” she questioned.
 
Kakashi nodded. “Yea, I took up in my old room, I hope that was alright.”
 
Kagome stared at him flatly. “Of course it is, why even ask? Three years of sudden disappearance doesn't change that. I'm surprised you didn't stay here while I was gone. Totally coulda helped with keeping the place clean…” she muttered the last part quietly.
 
Kakashi chuckled. “Well I just wasn't sure so I didn't. And don't worry, we cleaned up the inside of the house, just got rid of the dust and cobwebs.”
 
Kagome's eyebrows shot up and she opened her mouth.
 
Kakashi held up her hand and stopped her. “No, don't even start. Tsunade insisted because we can't have you resting in a `un-sterilized' environment. Unless you wanted to stay at a hospital…?” he trailed off thoughtfully.
 
Kagome shook her head wildly. “NO!.. I mean no… uhm thank you.” She smiled innocently.
 
Kakashi smirked. “I thought so… we left the outside alone, because we knew you would have freaked about that… but Naruto and Sasuke want t help you clear out the place.”
 
Kagome nodded. “Thank you, that's easy to deal with, it's not a problem… well I'm off I'll see you in a bit.” With that Kagome headed to her closet to pick out some clothes and went into the bathroom.
 
--
 
Twenty minutes later Kagome came downstairs, ready and dressed. She looked around and listened for Kakashi. Not hearing anything she furrowed her eyebrows and called out his name. “Hey! Kashi-kun!? You here?!”
 
No answer.
 
Shrugging Kagome went into the kitchen and found a note on the counter. Picking it up, she read it over.
 
Yo Kagome-chan,
 
Sorry I had to leave, important things came up and I had to go. I'll be back later, and there's food in the fridge so you can eat here. You can do what you want, just take it easy, please? I'll see you later.
 
Be safe please.
 
-Kakashi
 
Kagome snorted. “Take it easy huh? What am I? A porcelain doll?” she muttered. She shrugged before walking over to the cupboard and searching around for a bowl and some cereal for breakfast.
 
--
 
After she was finished eating she decided to go venture to the outside world and go `sightseeing'. Surely some things would have changed over a few years, right?
 
So with her decision made Kagome grabbed her pouches and weapons and walked out.
 
Closing the door behind her she locked it. Turning back around, she looked at her front yard and made a face. -Ohh now that's lovely— she thought about the mess in front of her.
 
Calling up some chakra, Kagome crouched to the ground and placed a gloved hand on the ground. She concentrated, closing her eyes, and soon enough the overgrown vines, weeds, grass, and bushes receded, making the yard turn good as new.
 
Kagome smiled, nodding approvingly before she bounded off towards the village…
 
--
 
Walking around the village, memories resurfaced at almost every other thing she happened to glance at. But Kagome noticed one particular thing…
 
Nothing really changed.
 
It wasn't as if she was expecting some life altering, drastic changes, but at least something little. But the only thing that changed that Kagome took note was the new face on the Hokage Mountain.
 
Soon enough Kagome got bored and wanted something else to do, so she decided to find her favorite rambunctious ninja.
 
So she set out on her new mission, and decided to check out the Ichiraku Ramen Stand first. When she checked there however, there was no sign of him. Scratching her head in confusion she asked Teuchi had seen Naruto; his answer was no.
 
From there on Kagome tried looking at every other spot she thought Naruto would be, training grounds, Hokage tower, the Academy, but all to no avail.
 
Walking down a road Kagome thought hard about where to look next, when she bumped into Ino.
 
“Kagome?!” Ino exclaimed, surprised. “You're awake!?”
 
Kagome smiled at her. “Hi Ino, and yea, just this morning… hey uhmm have you seen Naruto?”
 
Ino smirked at her, knowingly. Even though she wanted to chat with Kagome she decided to let her go… she wanted to get Kagome and Naruto together more than gossiping.
 
Ino played it off and shrugged. “Actually no I haven't. Now that I think about it I haven't seen him all day actually... weird… Did you check his apartment?”
 
Kagome blinked at her, before shaking her head. “No… I've checked pretty much everywhere else except there, thanks!” she told Ino gratefully before walking off to Naruto's.
 
Ino giggled. “Aaanytime…” she drawled out to herself.
 
--
 
Kagome arrived at Naruto's apartment complex in a matter of minutes. She stared up at the immense building before making her ways to the stairs and climbing them. As she walked up the small flight of stairs and down a hall she thought back to years before. It was the first time in three years that she was here, and like many other things, it hadn't changed. Well actually it looked like it got a little worse. -How can Naruto even live here?!' she asked herself.
 
It wasn't exactly the best apartment in the village, and it was obviously it wasn't very well maintained. Paint was peeling, the walls were cracking, and the railings were rusty. It was a safety hazard in the works.
 
As she walked towards Naruto's apartment she decided to have a talk with Naruto about his living conditions.
 
Suddenly an air of dread washed over her as she came close to Naruto's doors. Kagome stared on in confusion, wondering what caused the sudden dread to attack her, her steps faltering.
 
A sharp squeak sounded out and Kagome swerved around, her hand positioned to attack. Kagome stared blankly at the owner of the sound blankly.
 
It was a rat.
 
Grimacing Kagome flicked a shuriken in the rat's direction, making it scurry away from her and she sighed in relief. She went over to pick it back up and store it in her pouch. She shook her head as she returned back to the door. -Next time I see him, we are definitely going to have a talk about new living arrangements… I'll even drag him to live with me if I have to…-- Kagome thought, her decision made.
 
Kagome stopped in front of Naruto's door and raised her hand, and the feeling of dread washed over her yet again. Her mind still preoccupied on Naruto so she just ignored it and knocked on Naruto's door.
 
Then all went black for Kagome…
 
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Words: 9,579
Cliffy!!! XDD Ya gotta love them!!
FYI, this was actually difficult to do. I mean seriously, I abhorred writing this chapter for some reason. I just couldn't get it out. It was just… just so boring!!! It like dragged on and on… well the part at Kag's house did. I felt it was pointless and I wanted to skip it so bad, but I had to set everything up before I let the story go.
You know what I've noticed when I was writing? During the scene in the Ramen Stand I found it seriously difficult to include everyone in there, like there were too many people, All I could focus on was two people and their actions, and putting the reactions of others in there was awkward… weird huh?
And don't forget to review!! I WORSHIP them!!! XD
-RainLily
 
­­--Reviews—
buzzk97- Thanks!! XD I know what you mean, before Shippuden I pretty much hated Sakura, but she isn't too bad later on I guess… As for Kagome's mission, it pretty much was her travels to the past. But what happened there will be explained later on further in the story. Thanks again for reviewing!! :)