Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Legacy ❯ Revalations ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm back everyone!! XD I'm warning you!! Prepare for one long chappy!!
 
Don't forget to Read, Review, and ENJOY
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer: I do not, and never will not, own Inuyasha, Naruto, or their characters. :'(
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Returning Legacy of a Hidden Village—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Kagome's Thoughts—
#Naruto's Thoughts#
/Sasuke's Thoughts/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Ages—
 
Team 7, 8, and 10: 15
 
Team Guy: 16
 
Itachi: 21
 
Kakashi: 26
 
Guy: 29
 
Kurenai: 23
 
Asuma: 25
 
Jiraiya: 43
 
Tsunade: 41
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
 
Naruto walked up to Kagome, putting an arm over her shoulders playfully. Itachi narrowed his eyes at him, eyes flashing warningly, but Naruto didn't notice. Kagome, suddenly self-conscious, blushed lightly. “How bout taking your first step outside as a free man and going over to the Hokage tower? She wants us back there with you.”
 
Itachi just nodded and walked over to the door. “Coming?” he asked, not turning back to look at them.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-- Revelations--
 
 
This time;
 
--Hokage Tower
 
It wasn't too long until they were back at Tsunade's office and standing in front of her desk, Kakashi still there and Jiraiya, sitting on the edge of Tsunade's desk, who arrived not too long ago.
 
Itachi sent a questioning look consisting of a cocked eyebrow at Tsunade, waiting for her to explain why he was requested to come.
 
Tsunade rolled her eyes at his silence. “You told Jiraiya-kun that you held information on Orochimaru's activities?”
 
At the mention of the snake sannin, Sasuke and Naruto stiffened. Kagome blinked, confused at the sudden tense atmosphere, before recognition hit. “You mean the creeper who killed the Third, and tried to kill you guys?!” she bit out threateningly.
 
Itachi nodded curtly at her. Those were a few more reasons added to the list of why he wanted to kill the snake. He turned to Tsunade. “Yes. My spies tell me that Orochimaru is building up an alliance with someone. Who exactly, I do not know. He is no longer focusing on Sasuke though, turning to improve his own village. Apparently he thinks Sasuke is a lost cause now that he now longer yearns for revenge and the rivalry between his blond teammate has calmed.” He looked pointedly at Kagome.
 
Orochimaru had been watching, and was expected Sasuke to come sometime last week. If Kagome hadn't arrived when she did then who knows what Sasuke would have done
 
Naruto stared at Itachi in wild disbelief, his mouth agape and eyes as wide as saucers. He shakily pointed an accusing finger at Itachi. “Y-y-you…” he stammered stupidly.
 
Everyone gave Naruto a strange look. “Spit it out, will ya!” Tsunade snapped impatiently.
 
Naruto jumped did when she said. “Th-that's the most I ever heard yah say at once!!” he shouted out incredulously.
 
Itachi stared back at him, his eyes slowly narrowing with dangerous intent.
 
Jiraiya rolled his eyes as he jumped off Tsunade's desk and stepped towards Naruto, whacking him across the head. “Quiet down kid…” And only scoffed at Naruto's glare as he gingerly tended to his head.
 
“Ero-sennin…” Naruto muttered in a low voice.
 
Tsunade gave a warning glare to Naruto before she nodded her agreement in Itachi's findings, processing the information slowly, analyzing every bit. “What about the curse mark?” She continued on.
 
Sasuke felt rage flood inside him at the mention of it, and his hand reached up to touch the side of his neck unconsciously.
 
Itachi shook his head; he heard nothing new about it.
 
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows. “Curse mark? What curse mark? Sasuke-kun?” She didn't miss the small movement and his reaction to Tsunade's question.
 
Sasuke didn't look at her, instead he actually looked away. He was ashamed that he let Orochimaru get that close to him, even more so when it was just a ploy for Orochimaru to gain his body.
 
Naruto stared at his teammate, before moving in to explain. “Uhh Orochimaru placed a curse mark on him durin' the chuunin exams.”
 
Kagome blinked, before her eyes narrowed. She whipped to the youngest Uchiha in the room. “Were you ever going to tell me about this? Huh Sasuke-kun?” she pressed when he didn't even turn to face her.
 
He still didn't answer, instead turning to glare at Naruto.
 
Kagome threw her hands up in frustration. She grabbed Sasuke's face with a hand and turned his head to face her, groaning when his eyes just turned the side, still away from her. Her eye ticked, and she tapped a finger on his forehead impatiently.
 
Sasuke finally looked at her, narrowing his eyes.
 
Kagome just grinned, before getting serious again. “You do realize I am a miko, riiight?” she said slowly.
 
Sasuke just rolled his eyes and grabbed her wrist and pulled it off him. “Hn.”
 
Kagome lifted an eyebrow at him. “Do you know that miko specialize in purifying things?”
 
Another “Hn.” He didn't get where she was going with this…
 
Kagome sighed. “By things, curses are included.”
 
No less than a milli-second his eyes widened greatly and everyone stared at her in shock, well save for Itachi who instead went for the `just staring' approach.
 
“You mean, you can get rid of it?” Kakashi pressed urgently. This was great news! If Kagome was able to get rid of the mark Sasuke wouldn't have to worry about losing himself and all ties to Orochimaru would be cut.
 
Kagome bit her lip in thought. “Maybe… I can't be too sure really, not until I see the mark itself. But there's a good chance I'll be able to purify it off him, or at least nullify its effect. Either way Orochimaru won't be able to use the mark to his advantage.” Kagome looked over at Sasuke. “Can I?” she gestured to his neck.
 
Sasuke studied her for a moment, unsure whether or not to go ahead, before he shrugged. It was Kagome right? His best friend for years. He didn't mind the touching or close proximity from her.
 
“Well then what are you waiting for? Strip!” Kagome's voice cut in impatiently.
 
That was one thing he did mind however, and he glared at her coldly/skeptically to show it.
 
Naruto choked on air when he heard Kagome's demand, and he didn't know whether to crack up laughing or be appalled.
 
Ah what the hell, laughing it was.
 
Jiraiya and Tsunade exploded in laughter along with him, leaving Kakashi to snicker and Itachi to smirk at his brother's predicament.
 
Kagome started to tap her foot impatiently, waiting as she stared back at Sasuke unfazed by his glare; she wasn't going to back down.
 
It didn't take too long for Sasuke to let out a defeated sigh and gingerly pull off his shirt, revealing his toned, flawless, pale chest and abs.
 
Naruto braced himself for the gasp, squeal, contented sigh, glazed look, and drooling that usually followed, but was pleasantly disappointed.
 
Kagome didn't even bat an eye at Sasuke's uncovered physique, instead darting over closer to him with a serious face in place, as her hands flashed over to his neck to trace the three black tomoes.
 
Summoning her miko-ki she used her heightened senses to study the curse mark intently and deeper, feeling the power and intensity of its complexities and dealings.
 
As Sasuke tried to stand still, tensely waiting for her to finish, he couldn't help the almost non-existent shiver that ran down his spine at the feel of his friend's cold nimble fingers trailing along his neck.
 
Kagome pulled back and pinned Sasuke with a questioning look. “What kind of curse is this?”
 
Sasuke blinked at the question, before he shrugged; he didn't know what it was called.
 
“It is the Cursed Seal of Heaven.” Itachi offered when it was obvious that none of the other's knew its name either.
 
Kagome nodded in gratitude and tapped her chin in thought. “I already know that the mark spreads to cover your body when activated, and it increases your attributes, but what's the trigger?”
 
Sasuke stared at her for a second and turned away to stare blankly at the wall as he reluctantly answered with a mutter. “…the desire for power…” He was ashamed when he thought back to the time when he didn't care about how he went about it, as long as he got and achieved power somehow. It was cowardly and a dishonorable thing to do, using a power that was not his in his own right.
 
When he glanced back at Kagome he expected disappointment, a lecture, shouting.
 
What he didn't expect was the look of understanding in her eyes before she continued as if it was nothing, cocking her head to the side as she asked another question.
 
“How did he give you the mark?” she inquired, referring to Orochimaru. “I have to use the same methods if we want to remove the seal.”
 
Silence met her as everyone in the room practically stiffened at that, save for Itachi and Kakashi whose lips quirked up, threatening to turn up into amused smirks. This was too good…
 
Tsunade and Jiraiya soon got over their shock, the humor in their predicament winning over as they struggled against snickering.
 
Sasuke and Naruto though were a different story; they stood stock still, frozen. They found none of this even the slightest humorous.
 
Why? Well, Kagome would have to put her face against Sasuke's neck in a seemingly intimate fashion, put her lips against Sasuke's neck as if she was kissing him; that didn't sit well with either of the teenage boys in the room.
 
Sasuke was incredibly uncomfortable and awkward at the position he was put in. Sure, he and Kagome were close and all but shit; this kinda crossed the line…
 
Naruto was insanely unhappy and even a tad jealous. He wasn't mad at Sasuke though since this was the only way to rid of the snake's mark. He wasn't unreasonable when it came to things such as these, but he certainly didn't have to like it, right? His crush's lips were going to be sucking on his rival's neck! What the hell is there to like?!
 
But Kagome, poor, poor Kagome just stood in her spot, head tilted in a puzzled fashion. Oh so innocent… oh so naive
 
She didn't understand why it got so silent after her question. Why the tension in the room became so thick a knife could slice it. It couldn't be too bad, right…? “Well? Are you gonna tell me…?”
 
Grimacing, Sasuke's let out a quiet defeated sigh before muttering something incoherently.
 
Kagome's eyebrows furrowed as she strained her ears to hear him. She rolled her eyes. “Speak up, I don't understand mumbling.”
 
Tsunade and Jiraiya couldn't hold it in any longer as their muffled snickers slipped out; thankfully everyone else's attention was fixed on Kagome and Sasuke that no one noticed.
 
Almost resentfully, Sasuke repeated himself. “He bit me… he bit my neck…” he rushed out, and he looked away, wincing as he waited for it.
 
“Oh…” Kagome blinked, before she froze, finally understanding the silence earlier. She blushed hotly in embarrassment. “Ohh…
 
And now they stood in an awkward silence in which nobody tried to break.
 
Until Itachi got annoyed by the fact that they were all just standing there, doing nothing. He cleared his throat to grab everyone's attention and succeeded. “Well, it is not going to pose as a problem, correct?” His question was directed at Kagome and Sasuke.
 
Kagome and Sasuke looked at each other, conversing silently. Kagome tore her gaze from Sasuke when she got the answer she needed and shook her head slowly at Itachi. “No… no, it won't.” She glanced back at Sasuke. “When do you want to do this?” she asked.
 
Furrowing his eyebrows, Sasuke thought about it before he shrugged. “Whenever is fine.”
 
Kagome nodded and acceptance. “Alright, we'll do it after I return from my place. I need to grab some supplies. Meet up at your house?”
 
Sasuke nodded. “Hn.”
 
Kagome looked over at Tsunade. “Anything else before we go?”
 
Tsunade shook her head, and she rose. “No, you are dismissed. We'll meet up at the Uchiha Compound to observe and in case you need some help.”
 
Kagome shrugged, and started to make her way out. “If it suits you.” She said as she tossed a wave from her shoulder and exited the office.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Uchiha Compound—
 
Everyone was currently situated in the main room. Well, almost everyone. There were two people missing.
 
Kagome and Naruto.
 
Kagome they could understand. She went off on her separate way to go to her home to retrieve some of the supplies she needed for removing the curse mark like she said she would.
 
Naruto however they couldn't understand, for he left with the rest of them. But low and behold when they were half way there, they realized it was unnaturally quiet only to find out that Naruto had slipped away!
 
And they really couldn't believe they didn't notice any sooner!!
 
So here they were in the main room, just waiting.
 
There was a heavy amount of tension in the room, the thought of the curse seal weighing on their shoulders; could it really be removed? Or is it just wishful thinking?
 
No one bothered to talk; there was nothing to say. They were buried too deep within their thoughts that chatter didn't cross their minds.
 
A soft, energetic knock broke them out of their wonderings, and Itachi, who was closest to the door, answered. He cocked an eyebrow at who was at the door before stepping aside to let them in.
 
It was Kagome and Naruto, together.
 
What the…?
 
Now when did they meet up?
 
With furrowed eyebrows, the rest of them stared in confusion.
 
When Kagome noticed she sent them a strange look. Why were they looking at her like that?
 
“Hey kid,” Jiraiya called out to Naruto. The blond boy looked at him and he continued. “Where did you run off to?”
 
Naruto blinked, and he chuckled nervously. “Uhmm… well… I was hungry…” he scratched his head nervously.
 
They sweatdropped.
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes. “Dobe…” he muttered.
 
Naruto twitched, before an excited look crossed his face. “Kagome-chan! Did you hear that!” he exclaimed accusingly and he whipped to the girl next to him, pointing at Sasuke all the while.
 
He fell to the floor, anime style.
 
Kagome wasn't next to him anymore; instead she was by Tsunade and was talking in hushed tones. When she heard Naruto's exclamation she turned to him. “Hear what Naruto-kun?” she asked curiously while turning and blinked at his position on the floor. She raised her eyebrows at him.
 
Naruto jumped up and crossed his arms, pouting. “Never mind…” he muttered in defeat, turning away.
 
Kagome just shrugged. She turned her attention to Sasuke. “Ready to do this?”
 
Sasuke stiffened before straightening. He nodded curtly. “Hn.”
 
Kagome nodded back. “Pick a room so I can set up everything, preferably as empty as you can get there to be.
 
Without bothering to reply he turned on his heel and made his way towards a hall, Kagome followed…
 
… along with everyone else except for Itachi, who resumed his position of leaning against the wall.
 
Kagome stopped short when she noticed they were following them, and Sasuke did as well when he noticed she wasn't following anymore. She turned and stared at them, hands on her hips. “Where do you think you guys are goin'?”
 
Tsunade blinked. “With you of course.”
 
Kagome looked at them as if they're crazy. “Uhhh no. This isn't some circus show you guys… you're gonna have to wait here while we get this over with. Besides, no one can be in the same room as us or it'll screw the process up.”
 
Naruto looked crestfallen… he wanted to see this and make sure nothing freaky happened…
 
Tsunade looked disappointed, along with Jiraiya and Kakashi. They wanted to see what she had to do. “But I wanted to observe…”
 
Kagome looked at her and sighed. “I'm only going to use a jutsu with my miko-ki… but okay, I guess you can come in… but only you.” She added quickly when she saw the hopeful looks.
 
Naruto groaned. “Awhh why?! I wanted to watch too!!” He turned wide, puppy eyes at her.
 
Kagome shook her head amusedly, stifling a laugh. “You especially can't go… too risky. My miko-ki wouldn't do too well with you for obvious reasons, since it's going to be in purification mode.”
 
Naruto slumped. “Oh all right I guess…”
 
Kagome smiled sadly at him and tried to cheer him up. She walked over to him and reached up to put her arm around his shoulders. “I'll make it up to you some how Naru-kun! You name it!”
 
Naruto brightened and smirked suddenly. “You mean it!” he asked excitedly.
 
Kagome didn't notice the smirk and she nodded eagerly. A mistake she was most likely going to regret.
 
Kagome looked over to the rest of the people in the room. “If you really wanted to observe, I'll show you what happened afterwards.”
 
Pleased with this, Kakashi and Jiraiya smiled gratefully.
 
Kagome nodded at them and released Naruto before walking towards Sasuke, Tsunade following her. “Let's get this done with then…”
 
Sasuke nodded curtly and turned once again on his heel and continued to lead into the hallway.
 
Soon they reached a door in the hall and Sasuke opened it and held the door very gentleman like for Kagome and Tsunade, nodding slightly as they muttered a thanks as they past by.
 
Closing the door after him, Sasuke walked further into the room and looked over to Kagome for instructions.
 
Kagome, who was studying the room as soon as she came in, answered. “Hmm, just go to the middle and take a seat. I need to set up.”
 
Sasuke nodded and did as she instructed him to do, taking a seat on the wooden floor and opted to watch Kagome intently, just like Tsunade was doing.
 
Kagome glanced at Tsunade. “I need you to pick a spot and stay there. I need to seal off a perimeter so if something goes off during the removal, no one will get attacked.”
 
Tsunade just narrowed her eyes at her niece, but nodded. She'll trust her on this. Looking around, she strode over to the side of the room and leant against the wall, watching adeptly.
 
Kagome sent an appreciative nod her way, and let the yellow bag on her back slide off her shoulders. Opening it she dug around and pulled out 8 slips of paper; sutras.
 
They were pre-made, writing already on them for the curse removal. Circling around Sasuke, Kagome placed a sutra around him in a square formation.
 
Kagome entered the square and turned back to Tsunade with a stern stare. “Whatever you do, do not interfere. Do not pass the sutras, even if it seems like its going wrong. If you do…” she left the threat to hang in the air.
 
Understanding, Tsunade complied. “Hai, you have my word… I'll stay right here.”
 
Nodding Kagome went to stand about five feet from Sasuke; Kagome formed some quick hand seals and murmured calmly. Reversal Jutsu!” before she crouched to slam her palm to the ground.
 
On the ground, around Sasuke's feet, a bluish white design appeared; a circle with a six pointed star inside and kanji bordering it. It spread out to right up to the tips of Kagome's feet.
 
Sasuke stared at it warily.
 
Sasuke-kun.”
 
Sasuke looked up to Kagome, whose eyes were also glowing a bluish white color. She sent him a serious look. “We have to do this quickly; once I step into this circle I will go through whatever steps Orochimaru needed to place the curse mark on you. This will hurt… a lot...” She informed him, concern flashing in her eyes. Are you ready?” She asked.
 
Sasuke tensed, but nodded. He'd be able to handle if it means getting rid of the mark. “Hn. Let's get this over with.” He told her impassively.
 
Kagome smirked, and nodded. “I'm sorry.” She apologized in advanced. She stepped into the circle towards him.
 
Both Sasuke's and Tsunade's eyes widened as fangs grew in Kagome's teeth and she suddenly appeared in front of him. He stiffened as her arms wrapped around his waist and arms to hold him in place and she pulled him down slightly so she could reach him. He lowered himself to help.
 
As Kagome mouth made its way to his neck, Sasuke realized her eyes were closed the whole time and her movements were stiff, mechanical like even, as if she wasn't in control of her body…
 
As she came closer Sasuke turned his head to bare his neck, so his friend could have an easier access to the mark, and he closed his own eyes and braced himself.
 
Sasuke was right about Kagome not being able to control her movements. She knew what she was doing in her mind, but she let her body do as it pleased. She watched, with a mental blush, as her lips grazed the side of his neck as she searched for the exact spot where Orochimaru sunk his own teeth in.
 
She watched as she leaned back a little and opened her mouth, revealing her sharp canines, before diving down and sinking into her best friend's neck. She mentally winced.
 
AS soon as he felt Kagome's teeth punctured his neck he flinched, but steeled himself.
 
It was far from over though. A flash of bright blue-white light exploded from his neck and the pain came rushing to him as Kagome forced her miko-ki into his body to flush out the curse and its contamination.
 
Sasuke tried to struggle against it but Kagome's grip on him kept him in place. His jaw clenched so tightly that he thought it might actually break.
 
Then the screams finally made themselves known.
 
--
 
In the main room of the Uchiha manor it was deathly quiet. No one moved from their spot, or made the tiniest sound. They waited in silence for the two genin and Hokage to finish.
 
They stayed like that for five minutes, until the heard some shuffling.
 
They listened to the muffled words that slipped from the room before it got quiet.
 
They felt a spike, a mixture of chakra and rei-ki, and it made Naruto's skin crawl.
 
The Kyuubi within him stirred, not liking the feeling. Sure the room was sealed off from anything lashing out, but it didn't mean they couldn't feel what was going on.
 
Then they heard it, and those little hairs on the back of their necks rose.
 
“Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!”
 
They all stiffened at the scream, at the agony filled in it.
 
“Arrgh-arghhhhhhhhh!”
 
Lowering his head Naruto winced and clenched his eyes shut, his body tensed. He felt helpless, his friend was in pain and he couldn't do crap about it. He tightened his fist to a close; he couldn't wait for it to end.
 
“Arrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh!”
 
It seemed less pain now, as if he was getting used to the pain. It didn't stop Jiraiya from grimacing and looking to the side or Kakashi from tightening his jaw, his gaze lowering to the side.
 
Arghhhhh!”
 
Itachi stared straight at the wall, his gaze impassive. A slight pride filled him as he thought of his brother. He knew his little brother could handle this, get through the curse removal; he was an Uchiha after all.
 
--
 
`It fucking hurts' was the only thing running through Sasuke's mind as he screamed out in pain. It was the only way he could express and handle it. If only he could move.
 
But he couldn't, and he knew it… it could screw this whole thing up if Kagome was interrupted. He wouldn't be able to if he wanted anyways, Kagome's hold on him leaving him paralyzed.
 
He soon realized it wasn't just Kagome's grip on him keeping him immobile, it couldn't be; she wasn't that strong to hold him down. It was probably a part of the jutsu he was under.
 
It didn't make it any easier though.
 
--
 
Tsunade watched the two through narrowed eyes, her chocolate brown orbs calculating
 
She was thinking about Kagome's abilities. There were many things unknown about them, being as she was the only priestess with this amount of rei-ki within the village's population.
 
Though this ability was useful, it was extremely risky; for both the user and the one on the receiving end. She really should have though more deeply into this, and calculated the risk.
 
She could feel Kagome's reserves lower considerably as she performed the curse removal and she almost hit herself. She was so stupid! Only this morning she told the little idiot about no strenuous activity and here she is doing the opposite.
 
Why the hell did approve of this?! Sure Orochimaru was a huge threat, and severing the link between he held with the genin was a top priority, but it didn't mean she should risk a promising ninja for it! Especially Kagome!
 
She snorted softly… it didn't matter. One way or another they would have gone against her orders; their loyalty to each other wasn't something she could sway.
 
At least this way she was able to supervise them, and at least help if something came up. She let out a tired sigh… sometimes she seriously wondered why she even agreed to become Hokage.
 
An image of a grinning Naruto came into her mind.
 
She smiled inwardly, oh yea... that's why.
 
--
 
She was growing weak, and fast.
 
She couldn't deny it as much as she really wanted to. Maybe she should have waited…?
 
Nah…
 
But still, if this didn't finish soon, there would be some problems.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes mentally. Truthfully, it shouldn't be taking this long, five minutes top, not about fifteen.
 
So what was going on?! Did she miss something?! If she did, both Sasuke and she were going to be in some deep shit if something isn't done soon.
 
If she was able to pout, she seriously would.
 
Cause this just sucked…
 
Focusing, she studied the mark again. It would be clearer to her now that she was actually trying to break it and she was connected to Sasuke.
 
She could feel a dark aura by her mouth, surrounding Sasuke's curse mark on his neck, but she found the same thing; the curse ran through his body… but she was still missing something.
 
Deeper, she needed to go deeper. And so she did.
 
She scanned his whole body with her ki, all the while purifying the essence from the mark. His body was purified from it, she was sure of that, but it was still there! And she checked his mind; she made sure to clear that area first.
 
She went deeper, and on a whim she checked his chakra system. Her eyes mentally widened; it was in his chakra too!?
 
She had to be careful with this part… one mistake could cost him his like as a shinobi, and not even her miko abilities could fix chakra injuries.
 
Relaxing her mind, she sent the miko-ki through the `veins' of his chakra, cutting down on her speed so she didn't sever anything vital for molding chakra, weaving around and about through the whole system.
 
Once that was finished she almost stomped her foot and cried out in frustration. It was still there. The prodding sense of evil was still in his body!
 
She mentally cursed. Where the hell else did she not check?! She got his body, blood and mind both, and his chakra system…
 
Kagome almost slapped herself… what would be the whole reason Oro-teme wanted Sasuke in the first place?!?
 
His Sharingan!!
 
But she couldn't check it unless it was activated…
 
Concentrating, she activated her Seishigan. If she couldn't speak out loud, she would just have to talk to him in his mind.
 
--Sasuke?!—
 
Sasuke's eyes shot open, and he strained his eyes to look over at her. “K-kagome?!” he muttered out in surprise, his voice still pained.
 
Kagome heard him. -Yea it's me, I'm talking to you in your mind…--
 
Sasuke cut her off. “H-how?! he blurted out, and he flinched as another wave of purification went through him.
 
Tsunade narrowed her eyes at him when she overheard him, but stood her place. She wasn't going to interrupt the two, she promised she wouldn't…
 
­­--It doesn't matter how… I'll tell you later, but we have a serious problem.—
 
Sasuke got serious in a heartbeat, and he pushed back his pain. “W-what's wrong?!”
 
Tsunade's eyes got wide at the question, and she clenched her hands in anticipation… she knew this would happen! It was too good to be true for Kagome to just be able to simply rid of the curse mark.
 
Kagome stayed calm. -I need you to activate your Sharingan… I didn't realizeOrochimaru's mark spread through your whole chakra system and your Sharingan. I already cleared your chakra system, but I need you to activate the Sharingan so I can clear that too.--
 
Sasuke clenched his jaw, and tried to activate the Sharingan, straining to do so but to no avail. “I-I… can't…” he gritted out.
 
Kagome's eyes widened, before they narrowed. --You have to!-- She insisted fervently.
 
Sasuke growled in pain. I-I told you I can't! I-I can't focus enough t-to activate it!” he relayed back to her with difficulty.
 
Kagome snapped, weakness invading her body and her patience wearing thin... --Dammit all Sasuke! I can't get rid of the mark until you activate the Sharingan, and I can't stop the jutsu until it's completely wiped away! If you don't do this we'll bothdie! My miko-ki is tapping into my chakra reserves right now and they're depleting fast! It's not supposed to be used for this!! If my chakra runs out my life force will be tapped into as well if I don't already die from chakra exhaustion!
 
Sasuke's eyes widened in realization. I-I'll try…” he whispered. And he tried focusing his chakra again, his eyes closing shut.
 
Kagome relaxed slightly as could feel the chakra building up around his eyes.
 
When Sasuke reopened his eyes, red orbs with two tomoes stared out.
 
Kagome felt a new `area' open up to her, and she went ahead with the process of eliminating the curse. This part was even more delicate and crucial, seeing as the Sharingan is somewhat demonic, and she was using purification. If she wasn't careful, she could purify the Sharingan from his body, so this time she went even slower, until the rest of the remnants of the mark were completely removed.
 
--
 
In the main room, their heads shot up as the sound of a door creaking open flowed to their ears.
 
If it was even possible, the tension in the room became even thicker, and the falling footsteps echoing from the hall created suspense made it even worse.
 
The footsteps fell closer and closer, and their eyes widened as two stumbled out from the hall, their movements wobbly; Sasuke and Kagome slumped against another as their arms were wrapped around the other's waist to help each other stand.
 
Naruto let out a deep breath he didn't even realize he was holding and the rest of them relaxed as they noticed that nothing was out of the ordinary.
 
More steps came from down the hall and Tsunade emerged, holding a yellow backpack and a small grin on her face.
 
Itachi raised an eyebrow. “I take it was a success?” he asked calmly.
 
Tsunade's grin widened. “Do you really need to ask?” And she let out a happy laugh. Shaking her head, she came up behind the two dark-haired genin and ruffled their hair. “You did great kiddos…” and grinned again when they just mumbled a protest, giving a weak glare.
 
They were so wiped out that they didn't have the energy to care.
 
Naruto snickered gleefully at that moment, and even harder when they sent those weakened glares his way.
 
Suddenly out of nowhere Sasuke fell forward, his knees going out from under him and Kagome gasped slightly and stumbled forward as she was pulled with him, caught off guard.
 
Naruto's eyes bugged out and he shot up to help.
 
But it wasn't needed as Sasuke caught himself at the last minute and straightened himself up, Kagome shifting her arm slightly from around his waist to get a better grip.
 
Even so, Naruto placed his hands on each of their shoulders, steadying them.
 
“Thanks…” Sasuke muttered to the both of them, and Kagome nodded her thanks as well, a little out of breath.
 
Naruto nodded back slightly and stepped back, studying them. A fox-like grin spread out on his face no more than two seconds later. “Awww! You guys look you actually care about each other!! Especially you Sasuke-kun!” Naruto teased, making a cooing face.
 
With their arms wrapped around each other it looked like they were in a friendly embrace instead of a helpful position to help them to stay on their two feet without falling face first into the ground. And to make it even better, Sasuke didn't have his usual unhappy, cold, and glaring face on and Kagome held a small smile on her tired lips.
 
If only he had a camera…
 
Now however, Sasuke tried glaring at him with a look that could kill, and he was doing a pretty damn good job considering his condition.
 
Kagome looked at him as if he grew a second head, eyebrows shot up, before she couldn't hold it in anymore. “Ahhahahahh!!” She doubled over in her laughter, pulling Sasuke with her. “Haha you look hah so hahahah weird! Hahahahhh!” She winced then, and straightened quickly; using her free hand to hold her ribs gingerly… they weren't completely healed just yet and were still delicate.
 
Surprisingly no one noticed… or at least they didn't say anything about it. She was thankful for that.
 
Naruto just pouted at her. She didn't have to laugh so hard.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes at him, before they narrowed, and she blinked as she realized something. She furrowed her eyebrows. “Why… are you wearing Sasuke-kun's clothes…?” she asked slowly, just noticing that instead of his usual orange and blue jumpsuit he was wearing a black undershirt and khaki mid-length shorts.
 
All eyes were on her, incredulous, and Sasuke scoffed good-naturedly, but shifted his grip on her so it was more comfortable. “You just noticed?”
 
Kagome turned her head to glare at him half-heartedly, before shrugging. “Excuse me if, after passing out repeatedly and just waking up today, my observations ain't up to par.”
 
Sasuke and Naruto looked at each other, she got them there.
 
Naruto shoved his hands into his pockets casually. “Well, most of my stuff burned down with my apartment, so I kinda have nothing left until my order of some new clothes comes in… until then I'm stuck with this drab…” he eyes it distastefully, grinning sheepishly when owner of said drab glared at him.
 
“Oh…” Another thought hit Kagome as she remembered yet another thing. “That's right… hey Naru-kun?”
 
Naruto looked up at her. “Huh?”
 
Where exactly are you staying at? Did you get a new apartment yet?”
 
Naruto rubbed his head sheepishly. “Heh, nahh… Tsunade baa-chan,” The blond Hokage twitched at the name, “, is trying to find me one, but no luck. No one really wants to take me in…” His voice turned sharp at the last part, but he put on a fake cheesy grin. “But I've been staying with Sasuke and Itachi.” Now his grin faded a little, but he tried to keep it up so he wouldn't worry her.
 
Kagome worried enough as it is, acting like the mother hen of the team, but he at least knew he shouldn't make her worry when she was still recovering.
 
But Kagome saw through it of course, it was obvious to her that being roomies didn't sit well with either Naruto or the Uchiha siblings, the small frowns and the fact that they didn't even look at her were a big giveaway.
 
She decided to help out. “Oh ok, well that's good,” she commented off handedly. “I was gonna offer you a room at my place, plenty of empty ones over there and nobody livin' in them ya know…” she put out simply and shrugged.
 
Naruto's and Sasuke's eyes lit up, but Itachi's eyes narrowed. The two genin were just so hopeful, sure they were teammates and good friends, but rivals too, and they got on each others nerves so much! It was just a part of their dysfunctional friendship.
 
Kagome continued on with a mental grin. “Sooo if there're any problems or maybe you just want a change of scenery, you're welcomed of course... I'm sure Kashi-kun wouldn't mind, right?” she cocked her head at Kakashi questioningly.
 
Kakashi just shrugged, meaning that he didn't care, and he hid a smile at her antics.
 
Kagome grinned and turned back to Naruto. “See! Plus...” she had a thoughtful look on her face. “It gets kinda lonely and boring there since Kashi-kun doesn't always crash there so the company would be appreciated…” she trailed off wryly and smiled innocently. “So what do you think?”
 
Tsunade and Jiraiya smirked at the girl's move, sneaky but smart, putting it in a way that it wouldn't offend any party and so that it seemed like she didn't know that there actually were problems. She was good…
 
Itachi's eyebrow ticked though. He didn't like the idea of a teenaged hormonal boy staying at his `little sister's' house where adult supervision wasn't 24/7… but… on the other hand… Kagome would be able to deal with Naruto's moods and quirks better than they would…
 
Naruto jumped at the chance though. “Hell yea!!” he accepted, leaping in the air in excitement before his ears heated up in embarrassment. He laughed sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. “Uhmm I mean, yea sure... I'll stay with ya. Can't leave ya all by yourself of course… wouldn't be right, heh.” He tried to grin disarmingly.
 
Eyebrow cocked coyly, Kagome nodded and smirked mentally. “Of course…” she agreed amusingly.
 
--
 
Kagome looked around nervously. “Uhmm guys… what time is it…?”
 
After they left Sasuke's house, Kagome went home to rest up before she passed out again, Sasuke doing the same in his own home.
 
Once Kagome woke up after an hour, she went out to find Naruto and Sasuke and dragged both of them off to the shops to get Naruto some new things to replace what he lost, saying that they needed to make sure Naruto felt at home while he stayed over.
 
They protested of course, not wanting to spend their morning shopping, but Kagome's withering glare made them shut up quick enough.
 
They spent the morning going from shop to shop to get him some bedding supplies to decorate his new room over at Kagome's, weapons and fighting gear, an extra huge stock of both instant ramen and ingredients to make the real kind, and definitely some new clothes. Regular everyday clothes seeing as he already ordered his ninja gear.
 
Luckily for the boys that the things were going to be delivered and they didn't have to carry everything over to Kagome's… since they were positive Kagome would push it all on them to torture them… no matter how much she denied it…
 
The smirk on her face as she disagreed was too suspicious for their likings.
 
Her two friends blinked. Naruto shrugged. Sasuke looked up at the sky for a moment and turned back to her; the sun was a little past it's highest peak. “Sometime past noon…”
 
Kagome cursed softly.
 
Naruto shoved his hands in his pockets and closed his eyes lazily. “Why do ya wanna know anyways?”
 
Kagome fidgeted nervously. “Well Tsunade-chan ordered me to come by before noon for a check up…”
 
At that time, a certain person Kagome held dislike for made their appearance.
 
A person Kagome dubbed `the pink banshee'.
 
Sakura walked up to them, scowling as she glanced at them but smiling sweetly as Sasuke. “Naruto… Kagome…” she greeted sharply. “Hi Sasuke-kun!” she said with a sugary sweet voice that was a complete 180 from before.
 
Sasuke only looked away in disgust, which in turn caused Kagome to snicker.
 
Sakura's head snapped to the black-hair kunoichi and she glowered. “What's so funny?!” she snapped.
 
Kagome's laughter stopped immediately, but her mouth twitched up as she tried refraining from grinning in amusement. “…Nothing…” she managed to get out.
 
Naruto looked at Sakura weirdly. “Geeze Sakura-chan, what's got ya so uptight? Calm down or something.”
 
Sakura stared at him blankly, before she rolled her eyes. “Mind your own business Naruto.” She retorted snidely.
 
Naruto narrowed his eyes, before he shrugged. If she wanted to act that way, whatever. “Well ya don't have to bite my head off…” he muttered.
 
Sakura's eyes twitched, overhearing him. “What did you say?!”
 
Sasuke intervened, not wanting to hear their infernal arguing. “Just what are you here for Sakura?” His annoyance was clear.
 
Sakura's eyes flashed in hurt, but she answered anyways. “Tsunade-sama sent me to find Kagome.” She said bitterly.
 
Kagome grimaced. “Yep, I'm definitely late... she's gonna murder me…” She whined
 
Naruto snorted, and stretched out his arms before crossing them behind his head and a laid back manner. “Ahh let her wait… Baa-chan needs to learn when to be a little patient.
 
Kagome and Sasuke scoffed. “You're one to talk!” they accused
 
Sakura smacked Naruto on the back of his head. “Stupid Naruto! You don't make Tsunade-sama wait! She's the Hokage!” she yelled at him.
 
Naruto cringed and gaped at Sakura. “Ow Sakura-chan! What was that for?!?” he complained loudly.
 
Sakura twitched and was about to hit him again. “You know what that was fo-“
 
A hand caught her wrist and threw it down before Sakura even finished her sentence, and Kagome stepped in front of Naruto, her eyes narrowed and flashing. “Don't even dare…” she threatened darkly.
 
Sakura froze and a shiver ran through her spine. A thought ran through her mind `Geeze, bi-polar much…?' Composing herself she only snorted. “Whatever, I'm going.”
 
She turned to Sasuke and her mood brightened. “Bye Sasuke-kun! Maybe we can hang out later! See ya!” and she skipped off.
 
And she thought Kagome was bi-polar…
 
Kagome relaxed once the pink haired kunoichi disappeared from sight and turned back to her two remaining teammates.
 
She remembered what they were talking about in the first place. “And Tsunade-chan said that if I was late she'll hunt me down and force me to do something…” she shook her head suddenly. “You know what? I better go if I wanna live till tomorrow… see ya guys later” she ran off to the Hokage Tower.
 
Naruto's eyes widened at her sudden departure. “Wait Kagome-chan! What are ya gonna tell her!?”
 
“I'll make up an excuse or something!! I'll figure it out when I get there.” And with a last wave she turned a corner and disappeared from sight.
 
Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other. “She's toast…” they muttered in sync, sweat dropping.
 
--
 
Kagome left the Hokage building with a relieved smile on her face, deciding to take a walk through the village before heading home. Tsunade accepted her excuse of getting things set up for Naruto at her home without a fuss and for that she was happy.
 
Also, her check up had gone well too, meaning she wasn't gonna get punished! That was a big plus in her book.
 
Kagome stopped short as she saw something, smirked, and ducked into a nearby alley.
 
Peeking around the corner, she moved when it was safe.
 
She tiptoed in the shadows, careful not to make a sound. She watched her target a ways back, mindful to duck behind anything useful to hide her when he became suspicious and turned around.
 
She was pleasantly surprised that he was acting this way; it meant he was actually observant and paid attention to his surroundings when he played off an aloof and laidback attitude.
 
Sneaky, she liked it.
 
It made it just that much more challenging, and she was a sucker for challenges.
 
Closer and closer she came. Fifteen feet. Ten feet. Five feet. Seven feet.
 
She backtracked and darted into a stand when she saw him tense slightly. She ignored the weird looks directed at her from the clueless bystanders within the stands.
 
She waited five seconds, before chancing a peek out from the stand.
 
Good. He was moving again.
 
Stepping silently she followed closer and closer, pausing when her target rounded a corner. She pressed back into the wall and slowly leaned over to peer around it.
 
Her eyes meet with blue pools. “Boo!”
 
“Eeeek!”
 
She reared back, stumbling and tripped over her faulty footing, landing on her butt with a `thud'.
 
She pouted as loud snickering entered her ears.
 
Naruto stood in front of her snickering his head off, before offering a helping hand. He put on his famous fox grin at her pouty lips and peeved expression.
 
Kagome scowled at his grin but accepted his hand, instantly debating whether to pull him down to the ground with her, but she decided against it. Another time maybe...
 
Naruto pulled her up from the ground and steadied her before letting go, his hands lingering on her form for a few seconds longer than necessary.
 
He was still grinning impishly at her as she dusted herself off, the grin growing when she stuck her tongue out at him. “Heh, you shoulda know better than to try to outdo me Kag-chan! I'm the best prankster this village has!” he reminded her cheekily.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes, but they flashed deviously. “Or are you?” she retorted mysteriously. A smirk found its way on her face when he stiffened and his eyes whipped around wildly, searching for anything out of the ordinary.
 
Her light snicker broke him out of his `search' and he slowly turned to see her smirk. His eye ticked.
 
He pounced.
 
“H-hey!!”
 
`Ka-thump'
 
`snickers'
 
As the dust settled Kagome could be seen sprawled to the ground, Naruto on top, said girl glaring at said guy… that is, until she smirked wryly at him. “Wow Naru-kun, I didn't know you liked it on top… all you had to do was tell me…” she trailed off suggestively, smirk growing larger.
 
Naruto's face heated up and he sputtered. Quicker than a flash rolled off her and jumped off, eyes wide and looking anywhere but her. “Kagome-chan!!!” he groaned, and his eyes narrowed. “You're spendin' too much time with Kakashi-sensei! He's corrupting you! He's turning you into a semi-perv!!” he accused angrily.
 
Kagome snickered at him loudly. She shook her head, and she snapped her fingers suddenly. “Hey! How did ya know it was me anyway?!” she demanded.
 
The question wiped away his embarrassment in a second and he chuckled. “Haha well maybe next time you should try using less perfume… I could smell you as soon as you got within ten feet of me.
 
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head in puzzlement. “What perfume? I don't wear any…
 
Naruto blinked. “Wha..?”
 
A thought popped into Kagome's mind. She jumped and pointed an accusing finger at him. “No fair!” she whined childishly. “You're using demon senses!”
 
Naruto reared back in mortified shock. “What! No way! I didn't even do anything!”
 
Kagome's eyebrows shot up, and she studied him. “Not anything?” she repeated with disbelief.
 
Naruto shook his head rapidly. All he did was walk and concentrate like normal, nothing special.
 
Her eyes narrowed and she studied him more carefully, this time with her miko-ki. She didn't see anything different. “Maybe you always had this but you never really noticed… or … maybe you're developing your senses more astutely because of the Kyuubi? She suggested slowly, unsure.
Naruto didn't say anything, but he jumped in shock as a voice entered his head. (I think sheis on to something kit) The low voice was amused.
“Naruto?” Kagome asked sharply, puzzled. For some peculiar reason she felt a youki spike come from him.
Naruto snapped his gazed to her. “Yea?”
Kagome cocked her head. “What was that?”
“What was what?” he asked innocently.
Kagome just gave him a flat stare.
Naruto chuckled sheepishly. “Uhmm… I was just talking to Kyuubi…” he trailed off nervously.
 
Kagome blinked. “Oh.” She murmured simply. “What did he say?”
 
Naruto widened his eyes. She wasn't going to freak out or call him a liar? Send him to the loony bin? (One of a kind that she is…) Kyuubi's voice whispered in Naruto's mind.
 
“There it was again.” Kagome mumbled suspiciously.
 
Naruto inched away at the serious, intense gaze she was giving him. “Heheh, uhm he said that you might be on to something.”
 
Kagome relaxed. “Oh ok.” She shrugged. “Well whatever then… we can talk `bout this later… I'm hungry.” She turned around and started walking off.
 
Naruto sweatdropped, but followed anyways. (Are you sure she's not the one that should be in the `loony bin'?)
 
Naruto shook his head amusedly, #Sometimes, even Iwonder…#
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Tomorrow Afternoon
 
In the Hokage building, Tsunade, Homura, and Koharu sat before the bulk of the villagers and clan heads.
 
Kagome, Sasuke, and Itachi, seeing as they are the sole survivors of their clans and the only in the village were also present.
 
The Hyuga head, Hiashi, had brought along his daughter Hinata, thinking it was only fitting seeing as she was his heiress at the time.
 
The Nara, Yamanaka, Inuzuka, Aburame, Sarutobi, Akimichi, and Haruno heads were also there for the proceedings.
 
All ANBU and Jonin not assigned a mission were required to attend as well.
 
The fours villagers that attended were ones of high status and influence and made up the civilian representatives.
 
They were all in a conference room that was very similar to a court room, only where a judge would sit there was three sections, three seats. Tsunade sat in the one in the middle, while Koharu and Homura sat behind her to the left and right.
 
To the side, where a jury would be were Clan Heads and the Civilian Representatives.
 
And to the back were basically the audience and witnesses to the proceedings. Kakashi and Jiraiya, along with all the Jonin from
 
Tsunade studied everyone in the room with calculative eyes, before she opened her mouth and spoke. “We are gathered here today to discuss the treachery of Danzo, and his punishment. Even though he is found guilty by the Konoha Elders and myself, Danzo was an elder himself and the decision lies with the Clan Heads and Civilian Representatives. Let the discussion commence.”
 
Hiashi looked at the Hokage with a level gaze. “Please, divulge to us what treachery Danzo has supposedly done.” He demanded coolly.
 
Tsunade stared at Hiashi for a moment; she didn't like him, never have and never will. His arrogant attitude was too much for her tastes and he was as old fashioned as Danzo himself, not liking change or newer things. “Danzo has been accused of treason against myself, the Sandaime, and the village with a coup de tat and also going against the last wishes of the Yondaime. He is a power hungry man that claims to have the best interest for the village and who will do nothing to stop until he achieves the position of Hokage.
 
Gasps filled the room as they heard this; Danzo, the man that seemingly devoted all of his loyalty to Konoha, was actually a traitor to his village?! The blasphemy!
 
The Clan Heads absorbed this information into their minds; soft murmuring was exchanged as they discussed it amongst themselves.
 
One of the Civilian Representatives, a man in his mid-forties, spoke up. “The Yondaime's last wishes?” he repeated with uncertainty.
 
Tsunade answered him gravely. “Fifteen years ago, when the Kyuubi was sealed, it was sealed in a newborn babe. You all know of him, Naruto.”
 
Hinata's eyes widened as she sucked in a light gasp.
 
Sasuke's eyes widened severely. He heard of the tailed beast, it caused havoc throughout the village, killing numerous of civilians and ninjas alike.
 
Hiashi contemplated this, his face betraying nothing as he thought it over. He knew of this last wish. “And you have proof of this?” he asked speculatively.
 
Tsunade narrowed her eyes. “Not necessarily physical proof, but proof nonetheless. Surely you have heard of the return of the Higurashi heiress?”
 
Kagome tensed slightly as she was brought up, and looked over to Hyuga head only to find him staring right back at her; she held her ground, staring back with just as much intent.
 
What of it?” Hiashi questioned, not bothering to look away from Kagome.
 
Tsunade cleared her throat, noticing the heated stares. Hiashi looked her way. “Her abilities have shown Danzo's treachery to Elder Koharu, Kakashi-san, and I. Her kekkei genkai made her able to open up Danzo's mind and show us his true nature and crimes.”
 
The murmurs became louder as the Clan Heads and Civilian Representatives looked over Kagome. She stiffened under the numerous stares.
 
The Haruno head was about to speak when another Civilian Representative lashed out. “What about the boy? What do the Yondaime's last wishes have to do with the little monster?” He spat.
 
The murmurs were quickly ceased at the man's demand. They wanted to know the connection.
 
Kagome snapped. “Shut up! You don't even know him! He's not Kyuubi! So why don't you just stuff your oversized mouth and shut it until you have something useful to say!”
 
Hiashi narrowed his eyes at Kagome in a condescending matter. “I am surprised you would be so quick to defend the boy, seeing how the Kyuubi was the one responsible of the civil unrest that caused your clans' massacre.”
 
Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Kakashi stiffened. A disturbing and tense silence filled the room.
 
Tsunade turned her head to look over at the Elders. “I thought you said they wouldn't fight me on it.” She whispered quietly.
 
Koharu and Homura shared a look and shrugged. “We didn't think they would, the proof is substantial. Really, the only one that is opposing you is the Hyuga, and we all know that's not a huge surprise, especially when The Higurashi, Hyuga, and Uchiha clans are all rivals. And the controversy is mostly on the topic or Naruto.
 
Tsunade groaned quietly and turned back around, pinching the bridge of her nose. She hated these things…
 
Kagome stiffened at the mention of her clan's massacre, and she blinked in confusion. What did Naruto and Kyuubi have to do with that? She wasn't even born at the time… “What do you mean…” she trailed off, unsure.
 
Tsunade, Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Itachi all shared a dark look. This was not good; if Kagome didn't know of this already then there would be trouble.
 
Itachi narrowed his eyes coldly at the Hyuga head,
 
Tsunade growled. “Hiashi, cease. Do not speak of that event; it is not relevant to the discussion.”
 
Hiashi only turned to stare coolly at his Hokage. “I believe it is, Godaime-sama. This could all just very well be a ruse to protect her friend. We all know how close she is with the boy.”
 
Kagome frowned. “I'm not lying!” she argued, offended.
 
Hiashi ignored her.
 
The Yamanaka head, Inoichi, spoke up, looking at Kagome gently as he spoke to the Hokage. “I agree, she is only a child, and is not well versed to the rules of these kinds of meetings, nor the seriousness. I doubt she had even been taught the proper etiquette as clan head.
 
Kagome's eye twitched. She was getting sick of everyone's arrogance. “Excuse me! Don't I get a chance to defend myself! I'm right here ya know!”
 
Hiashi's gaze glided to her. “Well?” he prompted impatiently.
 
Kagome huffed and kept a hold on what she really wanted to say to the man… it wouldn't be good to start calling him an arrogant shit that needs some extensive surgery to get the stick out of his ass. “How exactly can I be lying? I showed both Hokage-sama and Elder Koharu exactly what that Danzo creep was planning, and Kakashi-sensei what Danzo said about Naruto-kun!” She also remembered to address everyone properly; it probably wouldn't do well to let them know how close she was to the Hokage and her sensei.
 
The Haruno head only scoffed. “No one other than yourself knows how your kekkei genkai works. You could have made that up for all we know.”
 
Kagome stared at him blankly. “I can read minds and memories, not make them. Memories can't be made up by me; they're like a movie, scenes from the past. They're too complicated to produce, not even the most skilled could do so. They are a figment of a person's mind and can't be altered. I'm not the one remembering them, they are.”
 
Hiashi's eyes flashed in something akin to nearly veiled curiosity. “Really now? So the person you are using it on has to be thinking or remembering their memory for you to pick it up?”
 
Kagome smirked, she knew what he was trying to do, but she wouldn't reveal anything else concerning her kekkei genkai, especially when all the clan heads were here. “Wouldn't you like to know?” Her eyes glittered wryly.
 
Hiashi frowned, but turned his head. “Still, I do not believe you. You are the only one who knows of your kekkei genkai and how it works, who are we to put are sole trust into a measly teenaged girl?”
 
Kagome bristled at the insult. “I'm not gonna go spewing out my clan secrets in front of every clan head unless you and the rest of them do the same!” she challenged hotly.
 
The Haruno head sniffed. “Well, that's obviously not going to happen.” He commented.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “No really?” she asked sarcastically.
 
The Haruno head glared at the girl and opened his mouth to retort.
 
“Enough!” Tsunade called at, pounding her fist before her, making a crack appear. She sighed.
“Kagome is a well trusted kunoichi, are you accusing her of treachery Hiashi?” she demanded, her eyes glinted in a way that said he better tread lightly on his answer.
 
The Hyuga head was unfazed. “I am merely stating that she is only a child and does not realize the severity of these kinds of meetings. If she was older, her actions would hold less doubt, but she is only a genin and we all know how loyal they are to each other. How would the rest of the village react when they hear that the Elder was prosecuted while based on a teenaged Genin's findings?”
 
The Nara head, Shikaku, spoke up at that moment. “Genin took the responsibility of being an adult when they accepted their hitai-ate. Though Jonin and Chuunin are more experienced, it doesn't make Genin any less loyal to their village.”
 
The head of the Inuzuka Clan nodded. “I agree, we've all seen the Genin and they have more than proven themselves.”
 
Most of the clan heads murmured their agreements, save for the civilian representatives. “We don't know the genin as well as you all do... how are we supposed to believe Higurashi-san is telling the truth?”
 
Hiashi hid a smirk. “Well Hokage-sama? I think the only way to really know is to actually tell the girl the truth of what happened on the day the Kyuubi attacked. If she really is protecting the boy, I doubt she will once she hears what happens…”
 
Tsunade stared at Hiashi, her fists clenching on her lap, hidden from view. “Majority rules, who else agrees with Hiashi?” her voice was tight.
 
Hands rose up, some confidently and some slowly. The ones that rose slowly were looking at Kagome in sympathy.
 
Kagome's eyes whipped around, looking from one clan head to another. What the hell was going on?! She looked over to Itachi. “What are they talking about `Tachi-kun?
 
Itachi's steel gaze slid to her, and softened. “I think you will find out in a moment. Just remember that what happened was not Naruto's fault.”
 
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't get it.
 
Tsunade counted the hands that were raised, and mentally cursed violently. “Fine, it shall be said. But,” Tsunade added as she saw Hiashi's hopeful look. “I will be the one to explain it.”
 
Hiashi scowled.
 
Tsunade looked over at Kagome, her eyes filled with guilt and sadness. She didn't want her niece to hear this. “Around fifteen years ago, some months before you were even born, the Kyuubi attacked.”
 
Kagome nodded, she already knew this.
 
Tsunade took a deep breath. “Where the Kyuubi attacked was near where your Compound was located. Soon enough, the Kyuubi started to attack the compound.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened. She never heard of this… “But what does that have to do with me?”
 
Tsunade bit her lip and shook her head. “I'm getting to that. As the Kyuubi attacked, most of the Higurashi Clan tried to fight back. That night the Higurashi Clan was cut into half, and a good part of it was destroyed.
 
Kagome stared at Tsunade in shock, her mouth gaping a little.
 
Seeing this, Sasuke did something totally uncharacteristic and held her hand in comfort. This was what Tsunade was talking about earlier, the reason why Kagome was bullied and hated immensely within her clan.
 
Tsunade continued reluctantly. “During that attack, a barrier formed around the main house, letting no one in or out. At that time no one knew why, until you were born and showed that you have miko abilities. When everyone found out, they became angry, and tensions were already at a high. Your family was ridiculed for not participating in the fight, mainly your grandfather, and your father. And seeing as your father was the Clan head, resentment grew around in numbers, but they didn't show it in public. They thought he should have been there with them to defend the Clan, but he wasn't, and they blamed you.”
 
Tsunade paused for a moment, before going on. “A councilman started and fueled the civil unrest in you clan, and as you progressed and showed that with your miko abilities you had a unique affinity to the elements, and the Seishigan… they also feared you and thought of you as a threat. Though some believed it wasn't you fault since you weren't even born yet, there weren't as many as there were against you.”
 
Kagome listened to every word, each hitting a chord within her, but then again, it lifted a weight off her shoulders. She thought she couldn't do anything right, that she was a horrible person and a weakling like they all said so… that her clan hated her for no reason.
But hearing this, hearing that they hated her because of something she couldn't help, it proved that what they said wasn't true and that they were just shallow people who needed someone to blame and she was there for the picking.
 
She didn't blame Naruto for this, he wasn't even born himself when Kyuubi first started attacking; he was born towards the end. She couldn't really blame Kyuubi either, there was probably a very good reason he attacked seeing as his aura from Naruto wasn't really evil. Hell, for all she knew, Kyuubi could have been controlled and sent to attack the village… she's seen even weirder things happen before…
 
As Kagome thought this a hand squeezed her own. She turned to glance at Sasuke and she gave him a bright smile, showing her thanks.
 
He gave her a little smirk in return.
 
Kagome looked over at all the Clan heads and civilian representatives. “As much as this surprises me, it doesn't change the fact that I'm telling the truth. Even if Naruto went around on a killing spree right now, I wouldn't back down from saying that Danzo went against the Yondaime and planned to overthrow the Hokage. And to tell you the truth, I didn't even know what the Yondaime's last wishes were until I saw them from Danzo. Like you said, I wasn't even born at the moment, how would I know if it wasn't from Danzo?”
 
The Clan heads stared in shock at her, they thought she would be angry, resentful, or anything hearing that her best friend housed the very demon that caused the chain reaction that lead to the Higurashi massacre.
 
And what exactly were the Yondaime's last wishes and how do they pertain to the mon- Uzumaki” The Civilian Representative that asked this changed his answer at Kagome's cold glare.
 
Kagome answered that one. “The Yondaime's last wishes were that he wanted Naruto to be treated as a hero and not as the demon that you all hate so much. He didn't want anyone to ridicule and shun him, but accept him, and Danzo went off sprouting words that everyone should do the opposite. That everyone should hate him and treat him like dirt.” She spat in a tone with nothing but disgust
 
Tsunade smiled softly at Kagome, she was proud of the girl. She looked over the Clan Heads and Civilian Representatives. “What do you all say? You have heard what Danzo has done, and not even the Elders fight me on his need to be punished. Does any one object?”
 
No one said a word. No one made a move. Tsunade kept down a grin. With a straight face, she nodded. Looking over at the guard by the door, she gave her a look. “Bring in Danzo.”
 
The guard nodded. “Of course, Hokage-sama.” She opened the door, and with two other guards flanking his sides, Danzo came in and stood before the Hokage. He held his head high, arrogantly, and glared heatedly at Kagome, who just grinned and waved mockingly.
 
Tsunade snickered mentally, before speaking with an indifferent face and an authoritative voice. “Danzo, you have been found at fault by the Clan Heads and Civilian Representatives, and we all agree that you should be punished. “You are hereby stripped of your position and power, and all connections. You are hereby an average civilian with no holding whatsoever. All weapons and scrolls you posses will be confiscated. Chakra restraints shall be on your person at all times. You will be moved into the more civilian populated area. You will be under 24/7 watch of ANBU and reconsideration is not option. You will undergo interrogation courtesy of Ibiki, and then you will be released to undergo high security. You are dismissed.”
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--That Night--
 
In a dark room where no windows could be found, a person was situated in the middle, sitting in a small, blocky, metal chair. Said person was bound tightly with rough rope, gagged with cloth, and blindfolded.
 
The eerie silence ensued, and the person fidgeted nervously, sweat beading on his brow and rolling down his face in torrents.
 
A clanking sound warned him of someone's arrival, and soon enough, creaking echoed into the room as a metal door was opened. The heavy thuds of footsteps revealed that the person was most likely a large man. The door closed
 
The footsteps stopped suddenly as whoever entered reached him. Soft breathing mingled with shallow, quick breaths.
 
Danzo's head lifted up, as if to look at the strangers face through the cloth. “W-who are you…?” he asked shakily.
 
Danzo's head lifted up, as if to look at the strangers face through the cloth. “W-who's there…?” he asked shakily.
 
Dark chuckling echoed in the room.
 
The screaming began.
 
--`3 days' later--
 
If Danzo didn't have any idea, he did now.
 
Who knew Chinese water torture was so freaking horrible? Especially while hanging upside down with your feet bound by chains.
 
He couldn't take solace in seeing, talking, or moving; he was still bounded by his wrist and blinded. Somehow, the water dripped at random times in random places. He'd never know when it would come, or where it would hit. As it dripped he couldn't see it but in someway he could.
 
It was driving him insane, and he couldn't stand it. But, he wouldn't give up, he couldn't. He was a ninja before; he should be able to endure heavy torture! He would not lose!
 
The door opened again, the creaking sound grating on his ears. He was used to the silence, only hearing the sound of dripping water.
 
“You have a choice. Tell me all that you know or else.” The voice was dark, satanic even. It gave him chills, but he didn't give up.
 
Danzo coughed, his throat raw from having now water. “Sc-screw y-you.”
 
Sadistic chuckling entered his ears. “Heh, your choice, more fun for me. Hope you like having the feel of bamboo rammed up your nails, `cause I'm gonna love shoving it under `em.
 
--Back to that night—
 
Ibiki stood in front of the convulsing man, a twisted smirk on his face and his hands frozen in the last formation he made to conduct the jutsu. Shaking his head, he murmured under his breath. “His fault for being so stubborn…”
 
He relaxed a little; it wasn't going to take long. This was one of their most useful interrogation techniques, and also the fastest. Only three minutes has passed, though it seemed like three days to the traitor. He figured it would only be a few more before the man cracked.
 
He chuckled. Sometimes… he really liked his job.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
 
--Next morning—
 
At the break of dawn, Team 7 along with their sensei and Itachi, were all gathered at the section in the training grounds.
 
Naruto and Sasuke were currently sparing, training their taijutsu.
 
Itachi was sitting under a tree, polishing his sword as a means to pass some time.
 
Kagome and Kakashi were sitting next to each other under another tree, leaning against the trunk silently. Kakashi was reading a certain book of his and Kagome was taking a break from training and observing her surroundings.
 
Sakura was not too far away, sitting on the grass propped up by her elbows, eyes intent on only Sasuke as he sparred against Naruto.
 
Out of the corner of her eye Kagome glanced at Kakashi again, and her eyes narrowed in concern. She nudged his arm, seeing the unfocused look in his eye and thoughtful frown creasing his mask. “What's got you so caught up? You've been staring at the same page for ten minutes now. She gestured to the Icha Icha Paradise book currently in his grip.
 
Naruto and Sasuke stopped sparing, overhearing Kagome's concerned voice. Naruto looked at them curiously, Sasuke studying them intently as if he was trying to decipher what was wrong.
 
Sakura, seeing the Sasuke's attention was occupied, turned to look at what caught it. She narrowed her eyes at her female teammate.
 
Kakashi's eye slid lazily to her peered and he just shrugged. “Orochimaru…” he muttered, so loud that only Kagome and Naruto, with his enhanced hearing, could hear.
 
Kagome's mood darkened at the mention of the snake.
 
Stopping their spar, Sasuke and Naruto came closer.
 
Naruto tried cheering them up. “Oi! Why you thinkin' `bout a snake-teme like him?! You should be thinkin' `bout other stuff, like-like…” he trailed off as he drew a blank, before his eyes lit up. “Like trainin' us for the chuunin exams and stuff!”
 
Kakashi just shrugged.
 
At the mention of the snake sannin Itachi's interest was caught, and looked up to study Kakashi curiously. “What are you thinking about?”
 
Kakashi just waved him off. “Nothing really, just wondering what he's planning.”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed at nothing. “Never a good sign when the enemy is silent… it means they're schemin' something, something big.
 
Sasuke cut in their conversation, cocking an eyebrow. “Speaking from experience?” he prodded curiously.
 
Kagome just stared at him, something unidentifiable in her gaze. “It just make's sense.” She lied. “The bigger things always take the longest to plan out, right? No point in doin' something big if you don't work out the kinks which could hinder everything. She wasn't going to reveal her past to them, not unless she was absolutely required to.
 
Itachi narrowed his eyes at her though, seeing through her lie. But he didn't call her out on it. “Hn.”
 
Kakashi sighed. “That's what bothers me.”
 
Naruto snorted, brushing this whole ordeal off. “Well what's the point in worryin' about it? We can't exactly go lookin' for him and kill him.” He looked down to the ground and tightened his fists. He didn't see the benefit in just sitting around doing nothing but thinking when they could be actually be doing something useful.
 
Sakura scoffed. “Well then what do you suggest we do then?”
 
Kagome looked at the sky. “What do you think?” she said sarcastically, not bothering to glance at them as she spoke.
Itachi tore his own gaze from the sword in his hand that he was previously admiring, and studied the four genin in front of him; Kagome who was gazing at the sky thoughtfully, Sakura who was in a thoughtful trance, Sasuke who had a serious look on his face, and Naruto who was glaring at the ground, his fists clenched. The only thing we can do.” He murmured.
All of them, save for Naruto, looked over at him.
Sasuke nodded his agreement. “Train, train for the chuunin exams.”
Naruto looked up, his steely blue eyes blazing with determination. “And then…” He looked at Kagome, who caught his serious gaze and looked back with just as much determination and seriousness, before he finished.
“Prepare for the worst…”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
12,121 Words
0.o Oh wow… I didn't expect to write that much lol.
Heh, five bucks says I have so many grammatical mistakes… cause this one's so long I got tired of proof reading halfway through… I'll probably fix it later though.
Oh well, hoped you enjoyed the longer chappy. I forgot to add in the meeting and punishment for Danzo, and then I read over the reviews so I could write the replies and I'm like `Oh fuck…'
Lol. Anywhoo, I really have to thank Kage Hasufor giving me a idea about what the meeting would be about andNasuki- formally Orihime Girlfor the torture techniquesuggestions! Thank you guys!!They're the whole reason why I wrote over three thousand more words than I was gonna!! Lol
Oh, and just for information's sake, there's no such thing as the Haruno clan, or at least not that I know of. I just made it up, and seeing as Sakura has no special abilities, she would have no clan.
Thank you all for the wonderful reviews!! I really loved them!! And don't forget to!! Constructive criticism is desired, compliments are love, and flames… well try it and you'll see heheh.Any questions, just ask! ^^
Till laters,
RainLily
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-Decided Pairings—
 
Kagome/Naruto
 
 
--Pairings Pole—
 
I need some input on pairings for later on so help me out?
 
Sasuke/Hinata: 2
 
Sasuke/Ino: 1
 
Sasuke/?: some suggestions please?
 
Kakashi/Anko: 1
 
Kakashi/OC: 1 -Even if this does get the most votes, I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it work… but I guess I would have to try,,,-
 
Kakashi/?: Heheh again… suggestions?
 
Jiraiya/Tsunade: 1
 
If there's any other pairings you want to see tell me then! Gaara, Neji, Kiba, Ino, Shikamaru, Itachi… whoever! But I seriously need these so I can decide where the story goes!! Oh, no suggestions for Sakura though please, I've already made plans for her.
 
Also, these are just the minor pairings, there won't be any serious scenes on them… just implications and mentions of them is all. What you will mostly see is Naruto/Kagome, Sasuke and whoever he is paired with will have a bigger role than the other minor pairings, but definitely not a big as Naru/Kag.
 
It iscategorized as a Naruto/Kagome of course! ;)
 
Take care,
-RainLily! ;)