Naruto Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dimensional Warriors: Shadow's Story ❯ The Big Bang ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

“Hey, hey. Are you alright buddy?” My eyes shot open. A face I didn't recognize floated in front of me. Instinctively I bolted upright.

“Where am I?” I asked, looking over at the man that had been standing over me. He was heavy built, and looked heavier in his suit of green armor. His face was rigid, he looked like he had been carved from stone. He had a short slab of hair that matched his deep brown eyes.

“It's alright, I found you outside; and brought you in here.” He said. “I even got yer stuff. Looks like you have a good amount of supplies.” I looked over in the corner to see my massive pack leaning against the wall. Then took a moment to look around. I was in some sort of cave. However there was a  hole in the ceiling, allowing the sun in. But the more I looked, the more I noticed this wasn't a natural cave. The walls were smoothed out, as was the floor and ceiling. Even the opening above was rounded neatly. The man drew my attention again as he held out his large hand. “Name's Odin. Odin Terra.”

“Ryoga. Ryoga Hibiki.” I returned. “Do you know the way to the Tendo Dojo?” He laughed suddenly.

“Boy, I don't know where you think you are, but I don't know if the Tendo Dojo still exists at this point.”

“What?” I bounced to my feet, and grabbed the scruff of his armor. “What do mean by that!”

“Didn't you see it? Strange light? Probably hit the whole planet? Don't tell me you were asleep.” None of that sounded familiar. But if something had happened. I started moving; lost in thoughts. What if I could never see my sweet Akane again? I don't know what I'd do if she was hurt in this mess.

“You do know if yer trying to find the exit it's behind you right?” I looked up, realizing I had managed to loop around some tunnels and come back to the same room.

“So, how'd you find this place?” I said, giving up on getting outside.

“I didn't find it, my Master made it. I just inherited it after he went. He said if I wait here, people will start to arrive. He made a ton of tunnels, lit 'em all with some sort of lighting system. Other than the lowest levels it gets terrifyingly dark up here at night. But there is some sort of luminous rock down in the lower levels. We also have some wood from the surrounding forest, we can make torches.”

“So, what happened?”

“Not too entirely sure, but my Master figured it was a new toy of his enemy. Avarus, he called 'im. He figures this guy smashed a bunch of planets together somehow; probably trying to look for him and his friends. Though now he'd be looking for me; and others like me.”

“Like you?” Odin smiled.

“Well he was what would be called a God of the Earth. He had control over rocks n' stuff. He passed all that over to me, I'm not as good with it as he was. But I can move a few rocks around. What about you? What kind of place did you come from?”

“Oh, just a regular place. I mean, there is the matter of the Jusenkyo curse, and we did have a few odd spirits and magical things floating around. But mostly it was a fairly normal place. Other than the fights.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, Ranma and I'd get into a lot of fights. Either with each other or against someone else. But I guess that doesn't matter anymore, does it. I mean he might be out there somewhere, he might have been dropped in a volcano for all we know.”

“He could've been shot.”

“What?”

“Well Avarus uses these creatures, apparently they use guns of some sort. They're job is to kill everyone they meet.”

“And Akane is out there! I need to go, now.”

“Whoa whoa whoa! Hold up there. You have no clue where she is. There is no way you'd ever find her. Just sit still. I was told people would come here. Apparently one of Master's friends did something that'll make people come in this direction instinctively. We just have to wait.” I knew I was beat. Odin was right, even if he didn't know, I knew I had absolutely zero directional sense. I've never found my way anywhere I wanted to be, with very few exceptions.

“Alright, but is there a ledge or someplace we can watch from?”

“Yessir, lemme take you up!”

There was a lightly tanned field encircling the base of the mountain that stretched a good half-mile between the base and the sparse woods. To one side a clear stream bubbled out and halfway around before heading off into the distance. The sun was just barely rising over the nearby treetops.

The platform Odin had brought me to was a full circle roughly thirty feet up. It acted almost like a crow's nest, allowing people to move around the mountain. Of course it was apparently just Odin and myself here, but if something came after us, as Odin implied we would see it well before it saw us.

Satisfied I slid to a sitting position, watching the sun slowly creep up. I heard Odin's armor settling on the other side. So I waited. For a little while at least. Before a small figure could be spotted in the distance. As he came into view I realized it was a flying man. The closer he got the more it became clear not only was he flying but he was carrying something that looked like a low hanging bag. Unfortunately the bulk of it hung just under the cover of the trees so I couldn't immediately make it out.

“Uh, Odin. We have a flying guy coming right for us.”

“Bull.”

“I'm totally serious.” I heard him come over.

“Well, damn. Can you see what he's got?”

“It looks kind of like a bag, or a platform, or something. Looks like its made of vines.”

“Yeah, hey are those people in that thing?”

“They look asleep.”

“He doesn't seem malicious. Hey! Down Here!” Odin yelled out suddenly. The man took notice and gently came towards us, trying to rest his load on the thin platform.

“Just hold it there for a sec if you can!” I said quickly, as I tore a small hole in the vines and started lifting the unconscious people out. Odin joined me, and we soon had five young men, an elderly man and woman, three young women, and two children. None of them stirred. Finally, the flying man flung the bag easily over the side and landed.

“Thank goodness I found some people that were awake.” He was built, like I have seen pro-wrestlers with less muscle than this guy had. But all that was belied by his almost baby face that portrayed a sense of absolute innocence. Almost more noticeably, His hair looked absurd. It was pitch black and stuck out in every direction unnaturally.

“So you just found these people?”

“Yeah, they won't wake up, no matter what I do. I couldn't leave them sleeping outside.”

“Right. Name's Odin.” He held out his strong hand.

“Goku.” The other man took it. “And you are?”

“Ryoga.” I said quickly. “How'd you manage to carry all those people, and fly?” He smirked.

“Let's just say I'm a strong person. Do you guys happen to have anything to eat?”

“Yeah Ryoga's got a good amount of ramen in his bags. Should last us a week if we're careful.” Odin said.

“Awesome! I'm starving!” Goku vanished into the passageway Odin had motioned towards. We shrugged and started carrying people in.

“Let's put them in here for now. My predecessor made a lot of caverns for people to sleep in, I think he was expecting this.” Odin said, placing one of the men down on the cold floor in a darkish room. Odin proved to have exceptional strength himself, as we managed to get our task done within an hour before we wandered to where Goku had presumably ended up.

However the first thing we saw was the entryway strewn with noodle cups.

“What the hell!” I burst in to see Goku with half a cups worth of ramen crammed in his mouth, and just about all of my supplies emptied out.

“What part of if we're careful did you not understand?!” Odin yelled from behind me. Goku had this blank look on his face and quickly swallowed what was left.

“I'll get more! I just needed a quick boost! Thank you for the meal!” He said cheerfully getting up.

“You better, we have to eat too.” Goku grinned and took off.

“I'll be right back!” I sighed and looked through the carnage. There were still a handful of cups that hadn't been touched yet. So long as the sleeping people didn't wake up we had food for two more days.

“You think he'll be back?” Odin asked, as we sat outside again. At least an hour had passed since Goku left for food.

“I dunno, I get the feeling he's more likely to eat whatever he finds.” Odin grunted an agreement.

“Hey, I think I see someone.”

“Is it the bottomless hole back with food?”

“No they aren't flying. It looks like a woman and a child.” I went around to take a look, low and behold the object of my affection was running right for us.

“Akane!” I yelled as I leapt down the mountain side, uncaring of gravity.

“Ryoga!” She yelled back, surprised. “Look out!” I looked up, spotting men in black armor coming out of the woods. They were firing what sounded like machine guns. I felt a bullet hit my shoulder hard. That was going to leave a bruise.

“I'll handle them!” I yelled, landing solidly and charging. Fortunately there were only two of them, I shielded my head with my arms as I closed the distance. In less than a minute I was on top of them. I rapidly knocked both guns away, and in a consecutive move landed a solid punch into the chest plate of one of them. I felt air on the other side. They were empty inside. Rather than waste time pondering that I tried one of my usually more useless techniques.

“Bakusai Tenketsu!” I pressed my finger against the metal plate, and suddenly the creature exploded into fragments. Seeing this, the other one began to run, I quickly drew one of my bandanas off my head and tossed it, cutting the other neatly in half. Akane had caught up with me at this point and was breathing heavily.

“Thank you Ryoga. It's a good thing you had all that endurance training.” I remembered the training with a shiver. Still it was thanks to that beating that those bullets only left me with bruises.

“Come on, let's get inside.”

“Inside?”

“There's a little base in the mountain. We're fairly safe there.” I then noticed the kid clinging to Akane's leg. “Who's the kid?”

“Dunno, just heard him calling out when I woke up. Then we ran into those things and I kept him close for safety.” We reached the foot of the mountain, and I quickly realized I had no clue how to get inside. While I was standing there, looking at the flush rock face, it swung out and hit me.

“Here you guys are.” Odin said, from the other side. I moved around and rubbed my nose. “There's hidden doors like this all over the mountain. No way inside from the outside, unless yer me.” He led us to what was the main chamber; but was currently where we were storing the unconscious people.

“Mommy!” The kid yelled suddenly, and went over to one of the sleeping forms. “Wake up!” He started pushing at her, but she wouldn't budge. Odin put a hand on the boy's head.

“She'll wake up, just give her time.” The boy was a bit teary eyed that his mother wouldn't respond, and refused to leave her side. I turned to see Akane looking upset.

“I'm sure she'll wake up, they all will. I mean we did, and they're still breathing.”

“Won't they need food and water.”

“Well, about that. We kind of don't have any for ourselves right now.” Odin said, moving out of the room after checking each of the sleeping forms. “They'll be better off than us, they're asleep and not burning energy, we however are very much awake, and very much without food.”

“I'll go back up and wait for Goku to arrive.” I said, though it took Odin walking me out to the platform.
Converting /tmp/php4yExIr to /dev/stdout