Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto meets Yugi- Duelist & Ninja Chaos ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Naruto meets Yugi- Ninja & Duelist Chaos

By: DJ Rodriguez & Saiyan Moon Goddess

(Author’s Notes: Sorry for the delay, but the holidays were a big hit with us. In any case, good to be back!

Darien: SMG and DJ are going to do another joint-project soon, which will blow you all away! When it comes to wacky crossovers, these two are better then most.

Saiyan Moon Goddess: In this episode, Naruto and Yugi get acquainted and the duelist tells about the adventures he had in his world to the others. Temari and Ino try their hand in winning over the spiky-haired kid.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 10

Yugi was enjoying his time with his new "teammates". Hinata told him about her bloodline ability, her clan, and also her desire to change the clan and family for the better. Needless to say, Yugi admired Hinata for her courage and fortitude in trying to change her family. From what he had heard from her, the Hyuuga’s were very prideful, arrogant, and very harsh.

‘I hope she succeeds.’ he thought as he sat under a tree with her. Kiba and Akamaru were resting near a large rock, and Shino was in the forest collecting bugs.

Earlier on when Yugi showed Shino Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, Insect Queen, and Insect Knight the bug-user was inquiring if all of these monsters existed in real life. Yugi answered that they did, but only in the Shadow Realm. Shino was disappointed, as he and his clan would have enjoyed it greatly to have the behemoth bugs on their side.

After the demonstration, Kurenai showed Yugi the hand seals. She explained to him that the hand seals were used to activate Ninjutsu and Genjutsu techniques, plus releasing all of the gathered chakra. Hinata filled in the blanks for Yugi by explaining what ninjutsu, genjutsu, and chakra was. The instructor told him that each hand seal represented an animal within the Oriental Zodiac.

Yugi took down notes, knowing it would be vital to know about this for future events. Hinata also demonstrated her Byakugan abilities, which freaked Yugi out a little. Kiba and Shino showed him their symbiotic relationship with their familiars. Pretty soon, the gang just took it easy and relaxed for the rest of the day. The sun was setting low in the sky, indicating that it was time to leave.

"See ya later, Yugi!" Kiba exclaimed before going off with his canine companion. Shino said his farewell to Yugi before leaving for home as well. Hinata left, saying to Yugi that she had a good time. Yugi was glad for this, feeling he had made a good female friend.

‘If Tea saw this, she would have gone all jealous again.’ he thought with a sweatdrop.

Hinata left to go back to the Hyuuga estates, and that left Kurenai to escort the little duelist to Naruto’s apartment. While walking towards the destination, Yugi asked the Jounin a question. "Kurenai-san, why did everyone protest of me staying with Naruto? He seems to be okay."

The kunochi sighed and answered "It's all got to do with an event that happened years ago, and a law put up by the Third Hokage. I can’t tell you the details, for it is forbidden but everyone in the village looks down at Naruto as if he was trash."

Luckily for Kurenai, she did not look down upon Naruto like a demon. She did disregard him due to his grades and skills, but seeing him kick Kiba’s ass in the Chunnin exams those years ago made her realize that the blonde kid was not to be taken lightly. Yugi was puzzled by this answer, but figured that pressing the issue was not a wise idea. He would ask Naruto, though.

It was 6:35 P.M. when the duo made it to the apartment. Yugi was bewildered that someone would actually live here. The building was small and old, falling apart in some areas. It smelled of garbage, and really much an eyesore. "Does he really live here?!" he softly exclaimed. Kurenai nodded her head, saying that this was all he could afford on a genin’s salary. That, and no one else would take him in.

The two went up the steps, covering their noses to block the smell, and knocked on the door that led to Naruto’s room. Getting no answer after a few taps, the Jounin took the handle and gave it a small turn to test if it was locked. It was not, and the woman slowly opened the door and saw a sight that made Yugi's eyes go wide.

The living room was littered with empty ramen cups, there were dirty clothes all over the floor, the couch propped up against the wall was old and worn out, and the bed was not made with the pillow on the floor and the sheets hanging off the edge of the bed.

"Well, good luck here Yugi. Before I go, here." Kurenai said before handing a large wad of cash from her pocket to her little friend. "Some emergency money, just in case." Yugi noted that the bills looked similar to the Japanese yen, but slightly different both in markings and color. The instructor left, leaving Yugi to the messy apartment room.

Yugi sighed, then turned to look back at the room. A determined face was put on, and the teenager rolled up his sleeves. "Alright, time to get to work! I hope Naruto is surprised when he comes back." he said firmly before going into the room.

~Later that night~

It was about 8:30 p.m. when Naruto left his favorite ramen stand. He was grinning like an idiot, patting his now large belly. He had just finished sixteen bowls of ramen, and was feeling quite content. "Ahhh, delicious! I always feel good after coming back from that stand!" he exclaimed to no one in particular.

He made his way home to his apartment, hoping that his new roommate wouldn’t mind the condition of the place. He climbed upstairs, opened the door, and his eyes bugged out from his head as he saw what he had never seen before. His apartment was… clean. The floors had been scrubbed, the walls having a fresh coat of paint, a new and clean scent in the air, and also the couch was new and clean.

Yugi came in the room, wearing cleaning gear that made him look like a housemaid. Naruto was stammering "H-How? W-What happened here?" The teenager greeted him hello, and told his story on what had happened.

{Flashback}

Yugi was busy picking up the trash in the room. He was securing the third full trash bag when three particular kunoichi’s entered the scene; Temari, Ino, and Amber. The trio wanted to visit Yugi, but instead found him cleaning up the place for both him and Naruto. Yugi asked if they help him, and they did.

The girls were not all surprised by the sheer nature of dirtiness that Naruto inhabited. Yugi was still surprised as they cleaned up. He and Ino took care of the kitchen, Temari and himself attacking the living room, and finally he and Amber making up the bedroom. For some odd reason to him, Amber had a strange gleam in her eyes while they were working near the bed. Ino and Temari saw this, and were fuming for some reason.

After the basic cleaning, Yugi asked if they could help him locate a nearby furniture store and look for a new couch. He explained he had the money to purchase one, and that buying new appliances would come in later. The trio agreed, and walked him to a nearby store. Ino and Temari sandwiched Yugi, which caused Amber to glare at both of them hard.

Upon coming to a store, the four searched for a new small couch. After twenty-five minutes of searching, Ino found a forest green couch that would be easy to fit in the doorway of the apartment and look perfect in the living room. Yugi checked the price range, counted the number of bills Kurenai gave him, and found it within limits. He purchased the couch and the four carried it back to the apartment.

Once situated, and everything in actual living conditions, Yugi thanked the three for the assistance. Temari suggested that she and he have lunch together tomorrow, to get to know one another more. Yugi said okay, but was puzzled by the angry looks that Ino and Amber gave to the fan-wielder. The three left and that was that.

{End Flashback}

Naruto was very surprised that someone went through all of that trouble just for him. "Well… I… thanks Yugi. I appreciate it." he said to his roommate. Yugi smiled and said it was no problem.

Naruto went to his new couch and sat on it, very much pleased to see that he didn’t sag in it and that it smelled clean and nice. ‘I could get used to this!’ he thought. Yugi came in the room and sat down on a nearby chair. It was a semi-broken piece of wood, which Yugi could not replace at the time. "Hey, Naruto. Mind if I ask you something?" he asked.

"Sure, go ahead." was the reply. Yugi took a deep breath and asked "Why is it that people look down upon you? Did you do something to warrant such anger?" Naruto froze, not sure knowing on how to answer that question. After what Yugi did for him, he was afraid that his new friend would not go near him if he told him his secret.

"Well… I…" he started to say until he saw a distraction. Yugi’s cards. "Say, can I see your cards for a moment?" he asked. Yugi knew he was trying to hold off the issue, but decided to just let it go for now. Yugi said yes, and Naruto got off the couch and towards the cards that were on the table next to him.

Naruto sorted through the cards, finding each one interesting. But, he came across three that caught his eye. It was the Egyptian God cards. ‘Wow! They are so cool! But, why are they different then the rest?’ he thought. Suddenly, he started to get mesmerized by the holographic coloring of the monsters. Then, slowly but surely, a strange and ominous chant started to come into his head.

‘What? What is this I’m feeling? And hearing?’ he thought as the chant started to grow louder. The cards felt hot in his hands, and quickly the teenager set them and the deck down. The chanting started to soften and disappear, and the feeling of intimidation passed.

"Yugi, what are these cards?" the blonde inquired. Yugi answered that they were Egyptian God cards, cards much more potent then any card in the game. Naruto felt a little uneasy hearing about that, remembering Kyuubi’s words. "Why are they so powerful? I mean, who decided to make three god monsters anyway?" he asked.

"That’s what I would like to know too." a voice called out from behind the boys. Yugi looked up and Naruto turned around, both finding the voice belonging to a white-haired, strange dressed man that was leaning from an open window near the door.

"Ero-sennin!" Naruto exclaimed. It had been a long while since he had seen his mentor. The white-haired man smiled at Naruto, before coming through the door and bashing him on the head. "I thought I told you to stop calling me that!" the man exclaimed.

Naruto rubbed his head and retorted "The day you stop peeping in on women in the bathhouses is the day I stop calling you that, you pervert!" Jiraiya was about to put in a comeback when he saw Yugi just staring at him with a quizzical look.

"Ah, I forgot you had a guest." the toad-hermit stated before going into his famous pose. "Allow me to introduce myself! I am the great and powerful Toad Sennin, strongest of all three, and author of Icha Icha Paradise! The glorious Jiraiya!" Yugi had to sweatdrop at this, and so did Naruto.

"Ummm… hi?" was the reply from Yugi. Naruto shook his head and whapped his teacher on the head. Kakashi may have been Naruto’s academy-appointed sensei, but in his view Jiraiya was his real teacher. "Baka-sensei. He doesn’t know you because he’s never heard about you or the other sennins." Naruto said to the man.

Yugi replied quickly that it was nice to meet him, though. Jiraiya assumed his posture and looked around the apartment. "I got to say, kiddo. You really cleaned up around here." he said before flopping on the sofa. Naruto admitted that it was Yugi who did the cleaning, which surprised the toad-user. "Ero-sennin, why are you back here? I thought you were away in one of the other countries." Naruto asked.

The author of the famous hentai novel looked seriously at his pupil and answered "I came because I felt a very large power a little while ago. It originated here, and I came to see what it was." He turned his attention on Yugi, and the young man felt uncomfortable as Jiraiya studied him.

‘Hmmm… I sense no hostile or maliciousness from his aura. But, I feel a strong power emanating from deep inside. This is serious.’ he thought. The sennin rose from his seat and went towards the boy. He studied him for a while more, until he noticed the duel disk that was leaning on the wall behind him. "What is that device?" he asked.

Yugi sighed, finally relieved that the man turned his attention from him to his accessory. "This is the duel disk, a piece of equipment used for playing Duel Monsters." he answered. Jiraiya was even more puzzled then before, and felt his head just starting to pound.

"Listen, Naruto. I’m going over to see Tsunade. I need you to come with me." the Toad Hermit said. Naruto was about to protest, wanting to spend some time with his new friend. However, Yugi said it was okay and if it was important he should go. The blonde was hesitant, but he gave in and went to with his sensei.

As soon as the two were gone, Yugi was very much perplexed by the whole thing. ‘Naruto is hiding something, and that Jiraiya man was just plain weird. He kinda reminded me of Pegasus, only he’s a little more wacky and a whole lot more perverted.’ he thought. He got off his seat and went outside to get some food.

~At the Hokage House~

Tsunade was in a bad mood. She had just gotten to sleep from doing all of that paperwork at the tower, and now some idiot was banging on her door. ‘Someone’s going to die.’ she thought as she opened the door. She was surprised to see that it was Naruto and Jiraiya. "What are you two doing here?"

Jiraiya answered that he wanted to know on what happened, on how Yugi came to be. Tsunade sighed, let the two in, and started to tell him what happened in the living room. Shizune came in at a point and offered them tea, which all three gladly accepted. When Tsunade and Naruto finished their story, Jiraiya was very much impressed on what he heard.

‘This Yugi brat is from another world, brought that Sand kid back to life, has knowledge about items that hold great power and ability, and also turned Itachi’s Tsukuyomi against him?! Man, that’s something!’ the Toad Hermit thought. When he heard about the Stone, Cloud, and Sound nins (including Sasuke) he suspected that the leaders of the other countries and hidden villages would come to try and take Yugi.

"Tsunade, have you made Yugi a Konoha citizen yet?" he asked urgently. Tsunade shook her head, saying on the grounds that Yugi was from another world and as such could not be given citizenship yet. Jiraiya advised that she should make Yugi a citizen soon, to protect him and the village from the other nins.

"Jiraiya, stop. I appreciate the advice, but no. Yugi is not from here, and as such I cannot do that." Tsunade stated. She continued on to say that Yugi was a stranger to the village, and as such could go anywhere. Jiraiya was about to make a comment that would most likely have him ejected from the premises via punch, but Shizune came in and intervened.

"Tsunade-sama, how about you assign three shinobi to be Yugi’s guardians? That way, you’ll have a heads-up on what Yugi-kun is doing if he leaves." the assistant of Tsunade suggested. Naruto knew it wasn’t a bad idea, and Jiraiya agreed to it too. The Godaime thought about it, and realized that it was a good idea.

"Okay, I agree. However, I will wait until the time is right to execute this suggestion." the busty blonde stated. With that done, Naruto and Jiraiya left the home. Tsunade sighed heavily, then went back to her room to enter sweet bliss that was sleep.

~At Temari’s apartment~

The sandy-blonde kunoichi was busy picking out her clothes for tomorrow afternoon. ‘Soon, that cute little spike-haired man will be all mine! At least, for the afternoon of course.’ she thought. She was still huffing in annoyance when she remembered the look Amber gave to Yugi when they were working in Naruto’s bedroom.

"That little tramp! I’ll make my move, hard and fast. That way, there’s no way she and that Yamanaka girl can interfere and snatch Yugi from me!" she said to herself. At first, she wanted to just talk with Yugi and thank him for saving Gaara. But after seeing him do something for a friend without even asking, her heart just started to swell like a tide. So, she went with it.

While she was planning for the "date", two others across the village were planning on ruining it. Ino and Amber agreed that Yugi was indeed one-of-a-kind, a catch that was just too good to pass up. Sure, Yugi’s flaws was that he was short, strange, too trusting, and weak in body. But his strong and caring spirit compensated for that.

While the girls planned to rain on Temari’s parade, others were making plans as well. One of the Sound nin spies, a person by the name of Kuro Etsuya was monitoring the kid as well. It was boring in his opinion, but he never questioned Orochimaru’s orders. He called it a night and went to sleep in the forest. Another day was coming, and it was going to be a hectic one.

(Author’s Notes: Well, we hoped you like this one. More in store next time, especially the big date with Temari and Yugi!

Darien: Will the two hit off quick, or will Ino and Amber slow things down considerably? That you will have to see later on.

Saiyan Moon Goddess: I hope they don’t ruin the date! Also, Naruto talks to Kyuubi. The subject: the Egyptian God cards! Let’s see what the demon has to say about it.

R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)