Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ ..100..Moments.. ❯ ..Cookies.. ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

..Cookies..
╠╬[ ЌǺŸÇ¿Å°Ä·Ä 02;ĩŜέй ]╬╣
 
Naruto had never once attempted to bake in any way.
Cooking, sure. He had cooked lots of times before, but never really baked anything.
So, on this day, Naruto Uzumaki made his very first attempt at baking cookies.
“Ehm, vegetable oil?” Two blue eyes scanned the cupboard for any kind of `Vegetable Oil'. “They can't be serious…” He mumbled to himself. “What kind of ordinary person just keeps vegetable oil laying around?!”
Finally, his eyes fell upon a bottle of some… yellow-ish stuff.
“Corn oil.” He read the label aloud.
Naruto shrugged. “Guess it'll have to do.”
He picked up the bottle and a cup, then turned back to his instruction sheet.
“Precisely one cup,” He read aloud. Naruto glanced at the measuring cup in his hand. It was a ½ cup.
He filled the cup once over the top, and then again put more than he needed. He dumped the two cups into a large, white mixing bowl.
“Flour, sugar, milk, and two eggs.” He gathered the rest of his ingredients and began to dump random amounts into his bowl.
“Eggs… how do I crack eggs?” He asked himself, looking up toward the ceiling. Again, he shrugged, and did his best to crack the eggs on the side of the stove.
One yolk slid down onto the floor. Half of the other eggshell went into the batter.
“Now whip for 2 minuets until ingredients are moist.” He picked up the electric mixer that he had never used.
“But… They are already moist…” He muttered to himself. His next step was to mix on high for three to five minuets.
Naruto turned the mixer on and whirred at around in the bowl for a while. After two minuets or so, the batter looked more of less ready to sculpt, so he pulled the mixer straight out of the bowl.
“AAAAH!!!” He threw it across the room, the batter flying all over the kitchen. “OFF OFF OFF!!!” He screamed, yanking at the plug until it popped out of the circuit.
Naruto made a few thick, large clumps of dough and sprinkled chocolate chips on the `cookies'.
“Baking sheet, baking sheet…” He looked around for some kind of baking sheet, and his eye caught a plastic tray, laying against one of the walls.
He shrugged. “Guess it'll have to do.”
Naruto put his cookies in the oven and slunk off to wait.
About fifteen minuets later, he suddenly remembered something.
”Damnit!! I forgot to time the damn things!” He screeched, running back into his kitchen. Smoke clouded the entire room.
Naruto threw the oven open and gagged.
He looked inside, and realized that his cookies were fine. It was the tray that was burning, and melting.
“Ah, ah, hot hot HOT!!” He shrieked, throwing the cookies out of the oven with his bare hands. He slammed the door shut and turned off the heater.
Wheezing, he fells onto the floor where his cookies were scattered.
Naruto blinked.
“Hey, they don't look so bad!” He exclaimed to himself. He picked them all up and brushed off his blackened, floured orange jacket. Naruto grinned.
“They're okay! Yeah!” He skipped over to where he had laid a box out on the table, and placed his creations inside.
Two minuets later, an orange clad ninja, dusted with flour and charred with smoke, ran halfway across Konoha.
Knock knock knock.
“What?” Sasuke answered his door, not expecting to see his bizarre teammate standing in front of him, holding a small white box and wheezing from running so much.
“N-Naruto?” He blurted. Naruto smiled and coughed.
“I… Made… Cookies… For… You…” He huffed. He feebly held out the white box.
Naruto shrugged a little. “Guess… they'll… have… to… do.” He grinned, then collapsed onto the doorstep. Sasuke meekly took the box out of his hand and opened it.
It smelled like burning plastic.
The cookies looked like dead… things.
Sasuke picked one up and braced himself. He bit into it, and chewed, a little. He blinked.
“These are actually… not bad.” He commented to himself. He looked down at Naruto, passed out from smoke inhalation, laying on his doorstep. Sighing, Sasuke picked Naruto's arm up and slung him over his shoulder.
“Let's get you home.” He sighed, holding Naruto's cookies in his mouth and beginning to lead Naruto back the way he came, looking down at Naruto and his creation, what he had put his sweat and blood into.
And, just a little, Sasuke blushed.