Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ (The Begining Of) 6 Months ❯ The End ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's been six months Neji...where are you?
Tenten walked to the edge of the Hokage's roof. She sighed as she clutched her stomach. She was 6 months pregnant and she still can't tell him the news. He hasn't sent any letters in 3 months. Tenten looked up to the sky. "Come back soon..." She wished.
"Tenten." She gasped and whirled around to see Tsunade standing there. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." Tsunade apologized.
"That's okay." Tenten smiled. "What did you need?" She asked politely.
"I wanted to check on how you and the baby are doing." The Hokage replied. She walked over and asked, "Feeling okay? Any dizziness? Sickness?" Tenten shook her head. Tsunade placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay." She conforted. "He'll come back. I'm sure of it."
Tenten gave her a reassuring smile. "I know! He's tough!" She giggled. "A few missing-nins can't bring him down!"
Tsunade chuckled and took her hand off. "That's the Tenten I know and love." She eyed Tenten's stomach. "By the way... did you think of a name yet?"
Tenten shook her head. "I don't know if it's a boy or a girl. Neji and I will decide after he comes back." She looked down at the street. "...where could he be...?" She wondered out loud. Tsunade gave her a worried look. Tenten closed her eyes and held her stomach.
Come back soon. We'll be waiting for you.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
"Mom! MOM!" Cried a little boy who held something in his hands.
"Megumi! I told you not to run!" Tenten scolded as the 3 year old ran up to her and Sakura, who was visiting. The toddler giggled as he showed his mother what he held. "My, my! What have you got there?" She asked in wonder. The little boy giggled as he realized the butterfly he had captured. “My! It's beautiful!” Tenten complimented as she watched the butterfly fly away.
“Hee hee! Thank you Mommy!” Megumi giggled. “I love butterflies!” Megumi looked exactly like Neji did. His personality was Tenten's though, no doubt about it. “Auntie Sakura, where's Uncle Sasuke?”
Sakura smiled. “He's at home with Maya.” Maya was her 4 month daughter. Looked just like Sakura, but with Sasuke's personality. Megumi pouted. “Did you want to see him for something?”
“Yes. He said he was going to help me practice my shuriken training.” He sighed. “I guess he lied….”
“Don't say that! He always keeps his word!” Sakura looked off to the side. “Oh! See! Here he is now!”
Sure enough, the Uchiha, baby in his arms, walked up two the two women. “Hello Tenten, Megumi.” He greeted. He handed Maya to Sakura and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Sakura.”
“Hello Sasuke.” Tenten greeted. “Didn't you promise my son that you would help him train?” She put her hands on her hips. “You kept your word, didn't you?”
Sasuke turned to Tenten and smirked. “Sure I did.” Megumi came up and hugged his leg. “Hey, squirt.” Sasuke greeted.
“Hi Uncle Sasuke!” Megumi greeted back. He looked at his mother. “Oh yeah, mommy?”
“Hm?”
“When's daddy coming back?” Sakura jumped. Sasuke jumped. Tenten jumped. The little boy cocked his head to the side. “He's coming home soon, right?”
Tenten plastered on a fake smile. “Of course he is! Now you go train to make him happy when he comes back, kay?”
Megumi nodded and walked off the Hyuga training grounds with his Uncle. Tenten lowered her head. “He really takes after his father, doesn't he?” Sakura said as she watched them. “When are you going to tell him?” She turned to Tenten. “Do you even know if he's coming back?” Tenten shook her head. Sakura gave her a serious look. “How can you just lie to him like that?”
Tenten lifted her head up. “It's not necessarily lying. He might come back.” She cupped her hands. “You never know… you never know…” She chuckled. “I am really hopeless, aren't I?”
Sakura shook her head. “No you aren't. You're just worried.” She looked down at Maya. “People worry about the one's they love. You know it's normal.”
Tenten smiled. “You should know.” Sakura smiled back.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
Tenten sat on her bed and she held her son as he cried. The rain was pouring and the thunder was booming. "...he didn't go...he didn't.." He cried.
She hugged him and sang to him. "Hush little baby, don't you cry...Mommy's going to hold you as you cry..." The thunder boomed.
It's been 3 years Neji...and I still can't believe you're gone.