Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 10 Drabbles Inspired by 10 Songs(NOT A SONGFIC) KAKASHIXIRUKA ❯ 10 KakaIru Drabbles ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
By Mija


Disclaimer: Do not own any of the songs stated here, or the Anime characters of Naruto, nor do I make any profit from writing this. For the 10 song drabble challenge. *Yes I have an strange range and variety of music favorites*

(Rules of the challenge)
1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.2. Turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.3. Write a drabble related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it’s over. No lingering afterwards!4. Do ten of these, then post them.


“Far Away” By Nickelback

~Too Long, too late. I waited to long and to late to tell you. Now I may not get back to tell you, that I’m sorry, sorry that I took so long, been so far away for way to long, that I love you, God how I love you. I hadn’t meant for this mission to last for more than a month, let alone six. I don’t know what you think has happened to me. Do you think I’m dead? Have you moved on without me? God I hope not. God I love you, I’ve loved you forever it seems. Have to keep breathing, cant give up, have to get home to you. Need to hold you, need to say I’m sorry, need to hear your voice, need to hear you say you forgive me, that you love me, that you’ll always love me. God I miss you. Can’t die. Won’t die. Got to stop the bleeding in my gut long enough to make it. Just two more days by tree and I will be home, be with you. Wait for me Iruka. Please, been far away from home to long, I won’t stop breathing till I see you one last time. Just wait for me. I’m coming. I’m coming love. Wait for me. I’m coming home.


“Numb” By Linkin Park


~It started off so innocently. At least I thought so in the beginning. I still think you were trying to help. To make me a better ninja. But somehow helping me train and becoming my lover became something that would end up hurting us both. Because no matter how much I know your disappointed in me, like you must have disappointed someone once, I know that you cared for me like I cared for you. God how long has that been? Since I felt something other than pain? Pain? No, not sure if that is the right word. I don’t know what word would describe it. Numb? That’s it. Numb. I’m numb now. Can’t remember how it was in the beginning, how it felt to smile, to see you smile, to feel your heart beat against mine. It seemed like the more you helped train me, the worse things got, and the more distant things became between us. You were trying to make me be more like you, and I thought that was ok, but now, now I only want to be more like me. I’m not like you Kakashi, I will never be like you. You carry so many ghost around, so many walls around your heart. Your afraid, to be disappointed, to be hurt. So in the process you do it first. I don’t think it’s a conscience part of you, that you do it on purpose, but the fact is you do and I am just tired, numb and nothing like my former self. Gotta let you go, before there is nothing left of me, but a shell of a clone that reminds others of you. I’m not you, I am me, I am Umino Iruka, not Hatake Kakashi and I have to let you go now. Let you go before all that I am is gone and nothing is left.


“Toy Soldiers” By Martika (follows #2)


~What can I say? I did extend the invitation to train, even the invitation to become lovers. Didn’t mean for things to turn out the way they did. Didn’t mean to mislead you, at least not consciously. I wanted you to be a better soldier, a better ninja, so I thought I would help you train. But day after day, watching you, seeing the way your caramel colored skin seemed to glow with all the sweat covering it during training, it was driving me nuts. I guess its an addiction really, one I cant seem to stop, even though I have tried. You were a temptation I just couldn’t resist, so I made the move from tutor to lover. My fault I will admit. But I don’t see what was all that bad in wanting you to be more of an efficient soldier. We all need to be strong, to be honed and ready to die for our village, our loved ones. You teach the academy, you know this. So why are you so angry? Never wanted you to be me, just be a better soldier. Guess I should have kept work and pleasure apart, but you were very tempting. I want to say I did indeed care about you. But all I have within me is emptiness and a painful ache that’s always been there. Sorry I made you play, sorry I couldn’t seem to find a way for you to stay. But if nothing else comes out of our brief encounter, I will always be content in the knowledge that I have made you into a better soldier. A better chance at surviving if you are ever attacked. We may not be together, but knowing your alive out there somewhere is enough. I hope its enough for you too Iruka.


“Who Let the dogs out” By


~Iruka wanted to pull every single hair out of his head. A vein ticked under the skin of his forehead as he tried desperately to hold in his anger and frustration. When he had left that morning everything was fine. His apartment was normal, tidy and homey But before he was even able to get to his apartment door, his neighbor had stopped him and quite tartly told him that it was very rude of him to have such racket coming from his house and thus disturbing them greatly. Iruka had been confused but had apologized none the less. Then he walked in, and wanted to walk back out. There he stood. His couch cushions torn to pieces, white cottony fluff scattered everywhere. The coffee table was tipped over, pictures that had hung on the wall were now on the floor, their glass either cracked or broken all together. It looked like a tornado had ravaged his apartment, and he knew without a doubt who the culprits were and who was responsible. He could hear them now in one of the back bed rooms.

“Iruka? Your home….early.” stated Kakashi almost comically timid, as he noticed Iruka standing in the messy living room, after exiting the back room. He could see his lover looking angry and the ticking time bomb on his forehead was a bad, bad sign.

“Now Ruka, let me explain ok?” Kakashi added as he raised his hands in a placating manner hoping to head off his lovers ire. But really, with Iruka just looking at the mess and idly picking up a rather huge chunk of fur off the couch arm rest, he knew he was doomed.

“Kakashi? Who let the dogs out?” Iruka asked in almost a too calm tone. But the look in his eyes? Oh Kakashi was soo dead.


“CrossRoads” By Bone Thugs N Harmony


~He stood at the memorial stone. The sky was a dark grey, clouds round and dark as they unleashed bucket loads of rain upon the village hidden in the leaves. All he could do was stare at the stone, its black surface shiny and slippery with all the rain that poured from the heavens. It was like the earth wept the tears he could not seem to. Not that he didn’t feel them, but he had cried all the tears left within so long ago. Everyone he loved always left him alone, left him behind to carry on without them. He had thought, he had prayed that opening his heart once more had been a feasible risk. After all, his lover hardly took missions, he was an academy teacher, he had a much more higher risk of living longer than him or others that went OUT of the village on missions. He’d been wrong. But who had known? He should of, he should of known things never worked out for him. Not in love anyway. But who would of known that an assassin would enter the village undetected and try to kill the hokage? Who would of thought that at that very moment a very precious academy sensei was delivering a report on the graduating genin to the Godaime at that very instant as well? And most would say they would never have thought that the average chuunin sensei would be bold enough to get between the assassin and the leader of their village and kill him before he himself died from the mortal wound that would of killed their hokage?

~Well Kakashi could of told you that if asked the question before he would of said he KNEW Iruka would of did everything in his power to protect their leader, why wouldn’t he? He was a ninja, a warrior and no coward, he would of gladly given his life for his village, for his leader, and for those he loved. But it still hurt. Iruka had left him behind, just like Sensei, Obito and Rin. His father. He was always left behind to carry on, to live a life without those he loved. But one day he would see them again, at least he prayed he would. Who knew. If there was such a thing as redemption, he hoped he had done enough good to out weight the bad he had committed in the name of duty. But it didn’t hurt to pray anyway.

“In case I get lost or cant find my way to you Ruka koi, when its my time to be with you and the others, meet me at the crossroads ok?” He whispered softly into the moist air and hoped the words reached the only person he would ever truly loved.



“Hero” By Enrique Iglesias

~You take my breath away. In everything you do, everything you say, you just take my breath away. You try to be strong for everyone. But that is you, always has been. From the moment you learned to walk you were a hero weren’t you? But what about you? Who will be there to wipe your tears away? To hold you when you wake up screaming at night? Who will chase the ghosts away, that haunt you in the darkest hours of the night? Who will be there to put bandages on your wounds after a mission? To help you clean up the blood that does not belong to you, but covers your hands and makes them shake? Who will be YOUR hero? Let me be your hero, just this once, let me be the strong one that chases the darkness away and holds you tight during the night. Let me be your hero Kakashi, and I promise you I wont let you down.


“The Hardest Thing” By 98 Degrees


~It wasn’t supposed to be this way. I didn’t mean for it to come to this. We were just friends. How did it change? How did it become more? How did we fall in love? God I hate this, I love you and I know you love me, but we both know that I am not free to be with you. I belong to another. How can a person love two people at the same time? How can it even be possible? Its so hard to lie, to sneak around just to see you, because I don’t want to hurt the one I belong to. But how can I NOT seek you out? I love you, I cherish the moments we share together, to moments when I lay in your arms and forget everything outside and in the world for just a moment. But I don’t want to hurt him, he deserves better than me and what I am doing to him with you, but he loves me, and I love him, but I love you to. This is the hardest thing I think I’ve ever had to do, to walk away from you and make you believe that I don’t love you anymore, when my heart aches and yearns to bury myself in your arms and never let go. But I can’t hurt him anymore, so I have to let you go, even though I love you I love him to, and I was his first. I wish I could say that someday I hope we can be together again, but to wish that would mean to wish the pain of hurting him, and I cant do that. So I have to hurt you to save him pain. I’m sorry Kakashi, I would do anything to be with you except hurt him, Naruto’s loved me longer than anyone ever has and I love him back. So I have to say goodbye to you, to keep him from getting hurt. But know its one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life, to let you go. But I have to, for him, for you, for all of us.


“Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” Aerosmith


~I’m afraid to close my eyes, to fall asleep. I’m afraid when I wake up you wont be there, in my arms, in my life, in my heart. You’re a dream come true, an angel in disguise who for some reason, decided to grace me with your love. I don’t know what I did to deserve it, but now that I have it I’m afraid to loose it. So at night as you sleep I watch you and never want to close my eyes or fall asleep, afraid I will miss something, a smile, my name whispered lovingly in your dreams, the way the light of the moon makes your face glow like some heavenly being, and I don’t want to miss a thing. So for now I will hold you, and thank God he let me have you for as long as you love me, and I will stay alert and alive, so that I can treasure every moment we share together, cause I don’t want to miss a single moment I’m with you.


“Just my Imagination” By The Temptations


~I thought I saw you pass me by as I sat in a tree at the edge of the park. He looked just like you do, brown silky hair, huge brown eyes, mocha colored skin that taste as sweet as it looks. But when I called your name and he turned around it wasn’t you and I felt my heart squeeze just a bit. I thought I saw you in the grocery store we used to go to when we lived together, thought I saw you bending over in the produce area to pick some of those shitake mushrooms you love so much. But when I reached out to touch your arm it wasn’t you. My heart tightened just a bit more. I thought I heard your voice when I passed by Ichiraku Ramen, I turned and almost gave my self a whiplash, you were there, laughing, smiling and looking into our old students blue eyes, who could miss all that orange? I ran inside, my heart pounding so hard in my chest I could hear it in my ears. But when I got closer the image changed. It wasn’t you, it was Shikamaru and Naruto talking about their latest mission. Damn that lazy jounin for wearing his hair like you used to. Even as I walk out with an odd look in Naruto’s eyes following me out the door, my heart still races, but there’s an even bigger ache with it that I cant seem to make go away.

I walk down the streets and think I see your face in the window of the academy, or in a store we used to frequent. I hear your voice in the wind and I turn my head this way and that way in hopes of catching a sight of you. But your never there, and I guess never will be again. After all your dead and buried, and have been for three months now, and I know that every time I see you or hear your voice, its just my imagination, running away with me yet again. I wish that shit would stop, because every time it does my chest feels tighter and the ache in my heart seems to get stronger. I will never understand how something that is just my imagination can make me yearn and ache all at the same time. Fucking Imagination, wish it would rot in hell.


“When I’m Gone” By Three Doors Down


~There’s a part of my world that I won’t ever tell you or show you, the darkest parts that you will never get to know. Because those are not the things I want you to see, to know. I want you to know the other part of me, the part of me that will never let you down, that will protect you with all I am. I want to be the man you will hold tight, the man who you will correct when I am wrong, the man you will hold when scared, the man who holds your heart and whose heart you hold. I don’t want any parts of the darkness inside of me to ever show, to make you worry, to cause you fear, to wonder if I will ever come back. Yes we are both ninja and death is a part of our lives, but lets not think of a time when I wont be hear or you wont be by my side. Just hold me, love me, correct me, be with me, then love me when I’ m gone. When I’m gone love me and hold to the memories of what we had, what we shared, never linger on rumors or stories you might hear from other, those that would taint what we have by sharing my secret life, the life that someone like you should never see. So love me here and love me now, but love me to when I’m gone. Because I love you now, I love you hear and I will always love you even when I’m gone.



A/N-Ya ok I gave this thing a shot, not very good I know, but alas this is what I got. Kinda petered out there towards the end I think. Oh and the who let the dogs out one was for fun, a bit of humor to off balance the darker, angstyer ones. Almost gave up after the 5th one but made myself keep going…think I need some sleep now lol. Huggles and smiles Mija.