Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 14 Gifts ❯ Almond ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

February 2nd

The next day was a Saturday and a day that she had off from the hospital, which in and of itself was unusual. However, her Shishou had felt that Sakura needed a day to relax and maybe do something fun for herself.

"Get a massage or something, Sakura," the Godaime had suggested. "Go shopping and buy a pair of impractical shoes and a dress that you would only wear once. Do something that's not planned or fits your normal routine."

Sakura, ever practical, cringed at the thought of doing something so frivolous. Though, the idea of getting a massage and spending a day at the hot springs sounded tempting. So that is what she did.

oOo

Upon her arrival at her apartment after a very relaxing trip to the spa, Sakura was surprised to see another item left in front of her door. This time, there was a small potted tree that was about four inches high with little leaves sprouted on it. In front of the tree was another envelope with her name scrawled on it.

Sakura unlocked and opened the door to her apartment before picking up her new plant and the envelope with it. Sakura placed the tree upon her kitchen table before opening the envelope and reading the note therein.

'Sakura,' it began.

'It is said that the Almond Tree is a sign of abiding love and friendship, and at full bloom, the almond tree is as beautiful as the Tree you are named after.

Though, nothing can compare to your beauty.

It is my hope that in time that my love for you will be revealed. Until then, I will continue to show my affections through tokens and written word.'

It was unsigned, yet the handwriting was still strangely familiar. Sakura was stumped. Who did she know that had the ability to be so romantic? Maybe it wasn't someone she knew personally, but she would continue to enjoy trying to figure it out.

For the first time in a long time, Sakura smiled and looked forward to the discovery.