Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 14 Gifts ❯ Apples ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

February 7th - Apples

Sakura awakened the next morning to a rapid knock on the door of her apartment. Since her alarm hadn't gone off yet, it was too early to get up so she ignored the knocking and burrowed beneath her blankets. However, someone was intent on waking her from her slumber and once again knocked upon her door.

"I'm coming!" she yelled out. "I'm coming," she grumbled as she got out of her warm bed and grabbed a robe before walking to the front door.

"Whoever's there had better have a good reason for waking me up before my alarm," she growled as she opened the door, only to discover no one there.

She sighed in frustration. "Of course." Had she been truly awake, she would have sensed the chakra signature and figured out who it was, but she wasn't.

She looked up and down the hallway to see if there was anyone and saw nothing out of the norm. Huffing she went to go back into her apartment but something on the ground caught her eye. There sat a covered basket with a red ribbon and an envelope peaking out of it.

Smiling, Sakura grabbed the basket and went back into her apartment and placed the basket on her table. She took out the envelope and uncovered what was inside the basket to find an assortment of non-traditional baked goods and sweetbreads. It was no secret that Sakura loved her sweets and her admirer had just scored big with this gift.

She opened the envelope to read the note within.

'Sakura,

Did you know that in some cultures that when a male wishes to court a female, the way he can tell of her acceptance is when she gives him an apple or a pear? Anything else is considered a definitive 'no.'

If I were to ask to formally court you, how would you respond?

Enjoy the sweets I offer you today.

With warmest regards.'

"Hunh," she muttered. That was a new fact to add to the list of facts he'd been passing on to her. Whoever this male was, he knew her love of sweets and her love of knowledge.

Things were really getting interesting.