Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 14 Gifts ❯ Ivy ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

February 9th - Ivy

By Saturday Sakura was determined to figure out who was sending her the gifts.

When she woke up that morning, the first thing she did was open her front door to see if there was anything there waiting for her. Sure enough, there was.

There on the floor was a small ivy plant. It was a really small but very healthy looking ivy plant. Someone must have taken a cutting off of a trellis somewhere, rooted it and then put it in dirt. The pot was a fairly simple terra cotta pot with ivy painted along the top rim in green with white highlights.

It was really very pretty but where was she going to put it?

Picking up the pot and the little beige envelope next to it she brought it into her apartment and looked around for a place to put it. She wasn't sure if it needed a lot of sun, or if it would survive on her dining table so she would have to do a little research to make sure it survived more than a week.

Then she looked at her almond tree that already sat on the kitchen table, already looking a little wimpy from lack of something and she sighed loudly.

'Whoever my admirer is, he must love plants.' This thought made her miss Tenzou all that much more. The Mokuton user was not only a strong shinobi but enjoyed spending time at the Yamanaka Flower Shop to commune with the live plants there. He always told Ino that he felt at home there.

Shaking her head of her thoughts she placed the ivy plant next to the almond before she sat down to read her note. Unsealing the envelope she pulled out note to see the familiar writing.

'Sakura:

The ivy is a symbol of friendship and affection and sometimes marriage or matrimony. I believe that a strong friendship is the precursor to something more strong and abiding. I look forward to developing our friendship and hopefully something even stronger with you.'

She was even more determined to discover who it was that was sending her these gifts. But then she stopped to think about it a little more.

If she uncovered the identity of her admirer long before Valentine's Day, wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the ultimate unveiling? Wasn't the best part of the mystery? The not knowing and the guessing? Besides, she only had a few more days - five actually. She could wait it out.

Couldn't she?