Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Behind The Masks ❯ First encounter of a Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclamer:
I don't own NARUTO. If I do, Sasuke would already be dead, Itachi and Kakashi and Haku would be alive, Gaara would be appearing a lot more often, Neji would be wearing his hair down and Sasori and Deidara would be oh-so together and oh-so not dead.
 
Behind the Masks
 
 
“…..” speaking
`……' thoughts
I love you're eyes `Tachi flash back/dream
 
PROLOGUE
(First encounter of a reunion)
 
 
“Ugh…”
`I feel like crap… okay… I can't move a muscle and I have no idea where I am. Damn, I really should stop over exerting myself… Why am I killing myself with training again?'
`Oh yeah…'
`……'
`Sasuke'
A chill overcame his being as the memory came rushing back…It was a nightmare that he wish not experience again. He shivered visibly as he felt tears fall. It was weakness. It was all right. If there is one thing he knows he can't afford to forget, it would be the events on The Valley of the End. It's just that this time… It won't be the end. He'll make sure. He'll save Sasuke from the darkness he put himself into. He's determined, he'll be strong, he'll make it happen…
If only it doesn't hurt as much as it did.
After a moment he stiffened.
Blue eyes struggled to open as a presence made itself known. It didn't feel like a threat but it was unknown. He was sure it wasn't his perverted sensei. The person didn't feel like a ninja. Even in his state his he can sense danger and presences. He was accustomed to it, he had to. By the way he was treated when he was a child? He had no choice.
When he finally managed to somehow open his eyes- yes it's barely open but it is open in the least right? But hell- it's night time already. He can't see a thing. It wasn't as if it was completely dark. A light was present. Fire? He can't see much, his eyesight is hazy and a bit blurred. Yup. He really should stop straining himself too much. He heard shuffling and felt a presence crouch next to him a hand on his fore head. He can feel a tingling sensation on his cheeks. Hair? `Hmm…she smells nice.' He tried to focus his eyesight only to be disappointed. He can't. All right, that's it! Definitely no more straining the body till he drops and cant even focus his eyesight! There's a girl there who smells nice and he can't even see her! Properly anyway.
`Hmn… it would seem she's somehow smiling… I can't focus on it! But… I get the feeling she's amused and aw… she looks like she's worried! Damn! I can't even see her face properly! Dumb training, dumb chakra exhaustion, dumb Kyuubi for not healing me quicker, dumb light for being too dim, dumb lady for appearing when I can't even see her properly…dumb consciousness…I'm getting sleepy again…'
`It's strange…why am I being too…at ease? Almost safe…Such a gentle aura…'
As consciousness gradually faded he heard faint chuckling above him. He pouted. That was a deep chuckle for a lady… He felt the hand on his move down to his cheeks, gently stroking. His initial shock with the voice vanished due to the gentleness. It was familiar, but why? He shouldn't be familiar with such a thing… He never received any except when Tsunade kissed him on the forehead… why?
Blue eyes turned to look up in inquiry…
With the last of his consciousness he felt the person stoop down on him and rest his forehead on his and said with that deep voice that was somewhat constricted.
“You haven't changed much…I missed you, saiai.”