Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bleeding Delusion ❯ Waning Moon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Waning Moon
He was alone again.
Alone with only the sorrows of his six years to accompany him, alone with the scrapes and bruises (the only gifts he had ever received), alone with the demon taunting inside, slowly swaying forlornly, together, to-and-fro on the isolated swing.
…And there, ahead, the sound of subtle footsteps against the dewy grass approaching him slowly reverberated, not much different from a deft, deceitful predator on the prowl, seeking its prey out…
Reluctantly (fear coursing through his undernourished, too-small body, wracking the fragile frame with tremors of anticipation) he peered up when the other did not taunt him or hastily leave in disgust. Unshed tears obscured his sight, causing the strangers pale form to blur and distort, seeping into the darkening sky. Blinking, the tears streamed down his scarred cheeks as he openly stared at the stranger. The man picked him up with blatant ease and sat down on the swing, setting the boy upon his lap.
Long, dark hair—a color that bled into the black of the approaching night so well that it was difficult to discern one from the other—fluttered gently in the warm evening breeze, swirling around them.
Trying to escape the warm, warm embrace, the little boy was still quaking with fear as he struggled against he man's silk clad arms, expecting the inevitable abuse.
“Shh,” crooned the moon-pale stranger, comforting the lonely, battered boy, feeding him the attention he was deprived of and aching for (and like a withering, dying plant, the boy all too eagerly absorbed the misleading sunlight, letting it creep into the pores of his mind).
“I'll take care of you.”
His fluttering heart naively trusting the man (if only because of the familiar loneliness that the man's eyes exuded), the boy nodded and returned the embrace, clinging desperately onto him as he did to his most precious dreams.
“I'll take care of you, my beautiful little Kyuubi. No one shall harm you now.”
A triumphant smile—cruel and callous but so, so eerily exquisitely passionate—tugged at the stranger's ashen lips as his golden reptilian eyes glinted hauntingly with unspoken prospect.
“You're mine.”