Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Colors of Life and Death ❯ Ikasugan ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
If you like this story please check out my original fantasy novel "The Triple Psi (Bloodline of Atlantis part 1)". You can read the first 7 chapters for free on fictionpress dot com and if you like it, it's available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. :) Here's the summary: Imagine you could move things with your mind. Imagine you could predict the future. Imagine you could heal wounds with just a touch. Now imagine that having all these powers at once means the people you love could die. Samantha Harris has foreseen death and she will stop it from happening at any cost but she has enemies who have been after her power since she was three years old and these enemies have powers too.



Sasuke breathed heavily as he held his pounding head in his hand. "Damn nightmare," he complained under his breath. He pushed the covers off of himself, looked out the window, and shuddered. Rain pummeled the glass and lightning arced across the night sky, followed by a deafening clap of thunder. Just at that moment, a dark shape appeared at the window. His eyes widened, and his breath caught in his throat. Then the figure knocked. "Sasuke! Oi!" Sasuke visibly relaxed, turned on a lamp, and opened the window. Naruto hopped through the window and Sasuke quickly closed it. "Dammit, Naruto! I was sleeping!" he growled. Naruto grinned nervously. "I know. Gomen. But I couldn't sleep, and I'm out of ramen," he said sheepishly. Sasuke rolled his eyes and sighed loudly at the ceiling. He pointed toward the kitchen. "Far right cabinet, top shelf, behind the rice." Naruto smiled. "Thanks!" he said before heading for the kitchen. He returned a few minutes later with five cups ramen in his arms. "Thanks again, Sasuke! You're a pal!" he said as he started to open the window. Sasuke looked at his friend's soaking wet clothes and hair. "Wait....Go eat it in the kitchen. You can wait out the storm here." Naruto grinned and shut the window. "Thanks!" "Yeah, yeah. Just don't wake me up when you leave. And get a towel. You're dripping water everywhere," Sasuke instructed before getting back into bed and shutting off the lamp.




Naruto sat down with his latest cup of ramen and began to eat. As he finished up the last one, he heard a yell from Sasuke's room. He jumped up and ran to his brother. He saw him tossing his head from side to side, his hair damp with sweat. "A nightmare?" he concluded. "Sasuke? Sasuke, wake up!" he said as he gently shook him. Suddenly Sasuke's eyes snapped open. "HOW COULD YOU?" he roared as he grabbed Naruto by the throat and threw him to the floor. He then jumped on top of him and pulled back his fist in preparation for a punch. "SASUKE!" Naruto yelled in an attempt to snap him out of it. Sasuke froze mid-punch, his eyes wide with shock. "N...Naruto?" "Who'd ya think it was, Teme?!" Naruto replied as he rubbed his sore larynx. Sasuke sat down on the floor. "G...Gomen." "That must've been one hell of a nightmare," Naruto said hoarsely. "What was it about?" Sasuke froze for a second. There was no way in hell he was going to tell Naruto that he had replaced Itachi in his nightmare. "Um, just, Itachi," he said, hoping Naruto would buy it. "Oh..." Naruto yawned. "Well I hope ya don't mind, but I don't think I'll be waking you up from your nightmares anymore," he said with a bemused smile. Sasuke faked his usual smirk. "Hmf." Naruto noticed it seemed quieter than it had been when he'd first arrived and looked out the window. "Well," He sneezed, "looks like the storm's done." Another sneeze. "You really are an idiot. You caught a cold from being out in the rain," Sasuke said with a frown. Naruto wiped his nose and made a reassuring hand wave. "Nah. Somebody must be talkin' about me. I've never been sick a day in my life." "Never?" Naruto smiled. "Nope." "Okay then. See you later," Sasuke yawned as he crawled back into bed. Naruto opened the window. "Ja!" he said, and disappeared into the night.




Naruto sat up and then fell straight back down to the bed. His head felt like it weighed twenty pounds. "What the hell is the matter with me?" he groaned. He rolled out of bed, got dressed, and headed downstairs to breakfast.




Tsunade heard Naruto's footsteps and looked up. "Ohayo..." she noticed her son looked a little pale, "...Naruto?" "Ohayo, Kaa-san," Naruto mumbled as he slumped into his seat. Tsunade was instantly concerned. She got up and put a hand on Naruto's forehead. It was extremely hot. "You're burning up!" "I'm not sick," Naruto replied as he sniffed. "Yeah, right," Tsunade said. "You're not training today." Naruto glared at her. "I told you, I'm fine!" he said. Just to prove his point, he stood and began performing some taijutsu moves. "Look!" At the end of his demonstration, he passed out and fell to the floor. "Naruto!" Tsunade said loudly as she dropped to the floor by her son. She put two fingers to his neck and breathed a sigh of relief. She noticed Nabiki walking by. "Nabiki." "Hai?" Nabiki replied as she stopped mid-step. When she saw Naruto on the floor her eyes widened. "Naruto-kun!" Tsunade held up a hand to stave off Nabiki's oncoming panic attack. "He's just sick. Please inform Sakura and Sasuke that he won't be practicing with them today," Tsunade instructed as she scooped up Naruto into her arms. Nabiki still looked concerned, but bowed anyway. "Hai, Tsunade-sama," she said before disappearing in a puff of smoke.




Naruto groaned and opened his eyes. As his vision became clear he saw Tsunade sitting in a chair in front of him. "Ohayo," was the only thing he could think of to say. Tsunade smiled. "You gave me a little scare there, kiddo," she said just before ruffling his hair slightly. "I don't get it," Naruto said after a moment, "Why the hell am I sick? I never get sick." Tsunade frowned in thought. "I think this is another thing you'll have to get used to now that Kyuubi is gone." Naruto growled in disgust. "Dammit." "Here," Tsunade said as she laid a green chakra covered hand on Naruto's chest. After a moment she sat up straight again. "Better?" Naruto took a deep breath; testing his lungs. "Yeah, a little," he said as he began to sit up. "Ooooo no you don't," Tsunade said with a smile as she pushed him back down. "You still need to rest for the day." Naruto frowned. "But you just healed me!" he protested. "I helped your immune system and cleared out the mucus, but it's not an instant cure," Tsunade replied. Naruto growled. "Fine." A sudden thought struck him. "Neh, will you teach me how to heal myself later?" Tsunade seemed to consider this for a moment. "Okay, but after we work on your chakra control." "We did that already!" "Yes, but your chakra has changed again, therefore you need more training," Tsunade said firmly. Naruto sighed. "Get some rest. We'll start tomorrow morning," Tsunade said as she kissed her son's forehead. "Haiiii haiiii," Naruto grumbled. After Tsunade left the room he closed his eyes and fell asleep.




Sakura dodged Tsunade's punch only to be side kicked a split second later. She stumbled backwards and held her side, breathing hard. "Dammit." Tsunade shook her head. "You shouldn't still be falling for that trick after a month, Sakura." Sakura sat down on the grass. "In my defense, you're not exactly an easy opponent." "True, but you should have at least been able to attempt a block." Sakura gritted her teeth. "Hai, Tsunade-sama." "Hinata, you're up," Tsunade said. Hinata nodded. As she slid into her basic stance, she noticed a figure running towards them. "Naruto-kun!" she said with a wave. Tsunade smiled. "It's good to see you with so much confidence now." Hinata returned the smile. "Thank you, Sensei," she said with a short bow. Naruto came to a stop next to Hinata. "Ohayo, everyone." Tsunade smiled. "You're looking much better." Sakura turned a confused gaze toward Tsunade. "Better? From what?" "I had a cold yesterday," Naruto replied. "Had? How do you get over a cold in one day?" Sakura asked. "Baa-chan," Naruto answered with a grin. Sakura frowned. "Naruto! She's you're mother now. Show some respect," she chastised. Tsunade shook her head and put up her hand to halt Sakura's rant. "You're fighting an uphill battle in a wheelchair, Sakura." Sakura gave Tsunade a look of stunned confusion. Naruto simply grinned and Hinata giggled. "At any rate. Since Naruto is here, your training session is over," she said to Hinata and Sakura. "Can we stay and watch?" Hinata asked. Tsunade shook her head. "I'm afraid that's not possible. Last time he trained with new chakra Shizune wound up in my personal medical ward." Hinata's eyes widened and she looked at Naruto. He swallowed and averted his eyes to stare at the ground. "We'll let you get started then," Sakura said, mild unease in her voice. Naruto noticed the concerned look on Hinata's face. "It'll be okay," he said as he gave her a hug. Hinata pulled back from the hug a bit. "Are you sure?" "Hai," Naruto replied. He gave her a quick kiss. "I'll be fine." Hinata blushed and nodded. "Okay. D-don't forget, we're getting ramen at six," she said before turning and walking away. "Hai." After Hinata had disappeared from sight Naruto turned back to Tsunade, who wore a sappy smile. "What're you smiling at?" Tsunade's smile widened. "You two are just so cute." Naruto promptly folded his arms and rolled his eyes. "Psht. Let's just get started." Tsunade chuckled warmly and picked up a clipboard from the rock it had been sitting on. "Alright." She walked a little further towards the middle of the field and stopped. "Now," she said once Naruto caught up to her, "the first thing I want to discuss is," she flipped a page, "your eyes," she said seriously. "My eyes?" "Hai. According to Kakashi, while you were fighting Uzumaki Minako...." Naruto flinched. "....your eyes changed to become purple with white centers." "Hai," Naruto replied, suddenly feeling uneasy. Tsunade frowned. "I assume you know what happened to Minako?" she asked gently. Naruto's expression became somber. "Yeah." "It wasn't your fault. You know that, right?" "Doesn't make me feel any better about it." Tsunade decided to try a slight subject change. "Have you been to visit Tomoyo at the hotel yet?" Naruto turned his gaze to the sky. "No..." He sighed. "I don't know what I'd say to her. 'Hi. I'm your long lost cousin. Too bad about that whole seppuku thing. Wanna go get some ramen?'. " Silence. Tsunade grimaced a little. "How about just 'Hi.' to start?" Naruto let out a long sigh and looked at his mother. "Can we talk about this later?" Tsunade nodded. "Sure." She looked at the report again. "So, tell me what happened." Naruto stared at her blankly for a moment. "Ummm...they...changed...color," he said, unsure about quite what information she wanted. Tsunade looked at the sky for help. "I meant, how did it manifest?" Naruto thought for a moment. "I'm not really sure. I was yelling at Minako and they just...changed." "Hmm. Sounds like it may be like when the Kyuubi's features emerged. Heightened emotions set it off." "Makes sense to me," Naruto answered with a shrug. "Did your vision change in any way?" "Not right away, but after a few minutes I saw these purple...dots floating in the air." "Purple dots?" Tsunade asked with a cocked eyebrow. "Yeah. They were everywhere. I tried to touch them, but I couldn't, so I molded some chakra to my hands. It worked and I managed to grab a bunch of them," Naruto said with a growing smile. "And?" "I squished them into a ball," Naruto replied, curling his hand into a fist to illustrate. "A ball?" "Yeah. And then I threw the ball and...well...it...kind of exploded," Naruto said sheepishly. Tsunade's eyebrows went up. She was silent for a moment before frowning in frustration. "I wish you could activate your eyes so you could show me." "I could try. I mean, Sasuke can activate the sharingan whenever he wants." Tsunade shrugged. "It's worth a shot." Naruto nodded and scrunched up his face in concentration. Not surprisingly, nothing happened. "Hmmm. Try focusing chakra to your eyes. But just a little. We don't need any shockwaves right now," Tsunade instructed. "Hai." Naruto put his hands into the molding seal. After a minute he felt a bit of discomfort and his new doujutsu slid into place. He looked up at Tsunade. "Did it work?" The Fifth Hokage didn't say anything. Instead she simply put her hand over her mouth and stared. Naruto was growing impatient. "Well?" Tsunade shook her head to bring herself back into focus. "Sorry. Yes, it worked. Do you see the dots?" "Yeah." "Alright, then just...do what you did before," Tsunade said with a slight 'after you' wave. Naruto focused chakra to his hands and began grabbing the dots. Tsunade was surprised after a moment as the mass in Naruto's hand became large enough for the naked eye to see. Once the mass filled his entire hand he formed the ball and held it up for Tsunade to study. "Incredible," she exclaimed. Suddenly her eyes widened. There was only one thing in the air that could explode just from being made into a ball and then thrown...but it was only supposed to be a theory. She took a deep breath. "Throw it." Naruto turned around and whipped the ball at a rock that was roughly twelve feet in front of him. The rock shattered from the explosion, sending shards flying everywhere. Both he and Tsunade put up their arms to shield their faces. When the danger was past Tsunade stared at the shallow crater in the ground where the rock used to be. "I thought so." "What is it?" "Sugikon...." Tsunade turned to look at her son. "You've just thrown a bomb made of chakra residue."

.........TO BE CONTINUED